Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Looks like Canada ? That's odd in all the old Dr Who
    Episodes, every planet looked like a Quarry pit in the
    South of England. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,797MI6 Agent
    Is it an artistic choice or is it based on science , I wonder? :D
    Why isn't there a non-political joke thread here in AJB?
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 SwitzerlandPosts: 870MI6 Agent
    You musht be joking.
    Dalton Rulez™
    Any American members catch the Eclipse ?
    ftmwjkyze6mbbfrrhr8qbbjskgc2vein-large.jpg
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Sir Hillary BraySir Hillary Bray College of ArmsPosts: 2,174MI6 Agent
    I didn't look at the eclipse itself, but here in southern Connecticut it was a whole lot of nothing. A couple hours of overcast skies. 8-)

Great picture, TP! Our President looks like the guy from Eraserhead, our First Lady is too dumb to put on her protective eyewear...and what the hell is Shailene Woodley doing there?!? :D
    Hilly...you old devil!
    That was my experience of the last UK based eclipse, as we are in the north. All I
    noticed was it getting a bit duller in the afternoon. :#
  • VesperMelogranoVesperMelograno The SouthPosts: 901MI6 Agent
    edited August 2017
    I was in the path of totality and schools were freaking out that kinds would burn their eyes so they made them stay for an extra hour and would not let them go outside. Little did the school system that we would have a massive rain storm and you could see nothing. I hope the kids enjoyed watching educational videos for an extra hour.

As a side note I am buying these shoe laces for all of my Special Olympic athletes. Really it is an excuse for me to wear them.

light-up-shoelaces.jpg
    I've always wanted to have Christmas in Turkey
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,990Quartermasters
    I saw it in Central Illinois, at about 91% totality. Very cool for a space nerd like me B-)
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
    37cc57129abeae3ee9bf0801c08eec0c.jpg
    I love this photo, showing the space station against the Sun.
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    What's that other object to the south West of it 8 o'clock??
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • JoshuaJoshua Posts: 1,138MI6 Agent
    Wow! that space station is big!!
    I think the other dot is the landing pad for the space station. I think they can only land there when it is dark?
    That's the mothership .... obviously :p I don't know, but I'm guessing it a piece of space debris ?
  • VesperMelogranoVesperMelograno The SouthPosts: 901MI6 Agent
    Do you ever wonder what you have been googling for Amazon to suggest some items? Today this was suggested as something I would be interested in:

amazon.jpg
    I've always wanted to have Christmas in Turkey
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    Joshua wrote:
    I think the other dot is the landing pad for the space station. I think they can only land there when it is dark?

Brilliant! Post of the day.
    I was at 70% totality yesterday which was fine, but the thunderstorm that rolled through a few minutes ago was considerably darker than yesterday's eclipse...and I didn't have to wear special goggles to look at it either! :D
    Joshua wrote:

Thankyou. i think that no one got the joke?!
    Joshua wrote:
    Joshua wrote:

I remember not so long ago that you were worried about your grasp of English...well that post proves that you've now exceeded most of us on AJB whose first language is English (especially TP)!! :D
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,339Chief of Staff
    Joshua wrote:
    Joshua wrote:

:)) Only just saw it, Joshua- nice one!
    I wonder - am I the only one here in AJB who grew up with only one channel on the TV?
    Number24 wrote:
    I wonder - am I the only one here in AJB who grew up with only one channel on the TV?

I had three, so you beat me!

There was an advantage to those days, however. Everyone tended to watch the same programmes so the next morning there was a ready-made conversation!
    I have three channels now! And I agree about the conversations. I remember people used to talk about the movie on TV Tuesday because Monday was "Movie Night" :)
    Number24 wrote:

I had none. My dad only allowed me to watch TV at 8 and only on weekends for a couple of hours. Later he'd let me watch certain shows that I loved.

Only in 1987 (13 on September 28th) he decided I'm old enough to decide on my own what to watch or go to the cinema for something other than the Disney films.
    Dalton Rulez™
  • GrindelwaldGrindelwald Posts: 1,296MI6 Agent
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwZMXMNBbHs

Greatest song ever ?

:)) :)) :))

Andress in the audience , well Ill be damned......
    Number24 wrote:

I had none. My dad only allowed me to watch TV at 8 and only on weekends for a couple of hours. Later he'd let me watch certain shows that I loved.

Only in 1987 (13 on September 28th) he decided I'm old enough to decide on my own what to watch or go to the cinema for something other than the Disney films.

We have a winner! I guess it's impossible to beat that. I like that you still remember the date. I know of other children who grew up with no TV in the house, but it's rare. You had a good childhood regardless, I hope?
    https://youtu.be/lepQoU4oek4
    Some more space station and the eclipse video. -{
    Number24 wrote:
    Number24 wrote:

We have a winner! I guess it's impossible to beat that. I like that you still remember the date. I know of other children who grew up with no TV in the house, but it's rare. You had a good childhood regardless, I hope?

Without going into too much detail, my childhood/teen years were alright overall. Many obstacles for me, but my father and especially my 1 1/2 years younger brother made sure I get through primary school, high school and college. I lived for/in my world of DC comics, mainly Batman/Justice League/The Flash. I am The Flash in my fantasy still. One of his comic versions fits me like a glove. As a young teen I realised how good I am at everything physical so I became a jock which was my only strength in high school and especially college. So I was a nerdy (comics) jock (sports). TLD changed my life at 13. From that moment on I knew I will become a parachuting soldier/spy. And I succeeded (para-scout in Special Forces).

This is me, in a nutshell :D
    full.gif
    Dalton Rulez™
    And most of it was done without having a TV. Unbelivable! :))
  • hehadlotsofgutshehadlotsofguts Durham England Posts: 2,107MI6 Agent
    Finally back online after nearly a month. Missed you all.
    Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"