Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• Dirty PunkerDirty Punker ...Your Eyes Only, darling."Posts: 2,587MI6 Agent
    Writing's on the Wall, full volume, headphones comes to mind if I wanted to absolutely destroy ones eardrums.
    (It's a gag on my SPECTRE review, if anyone watched it :)) :)))
    What about LALD at the UN meeting? Or that one Gardner novel with sound torture?
    Number24 wrote:
    I never saw the series, so I'll have to take your word for it.
    Seconded.
    a reasonable rate of return
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,815MI6 Agent
    BBC actually wrote that the story reminded them of James Bond and I agree for the reasons you mentioned.
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,695MI6 Agent
    Yes, I read about this story in The Times recently on one of my early morning shifts. I think it was on page 3. As I read it I immediately thought of the thread I started here and over on MI6 on the Sound Torture in John Gardner's Licence Renewed (1981). I still need to write my article on that for my blog. As Number 24 says above it is very Bondian indeed, as the Gardner novel link proves.

I'd be very interested to hear which episode of The Man From UNCLE TV series featured such sound torture methods.
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    I'm happy to learn that some British newspapers have articles on Page 3 :v
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,695MI6 Agent
    edited August 2017
    Number24 wrote:
    I'm happy to learn that some British newspapers have articles on Page 3 :v

Page 3 of The Sun, from the same fold, mainly has pictures of a technical nature! :D
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 SwitzerlandPosts: 870MI6 Agent
    The original Robin Sparkles?
    (If you got the reference, good on you.)
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    :)) Robin was never as Raunchy as Samantha !
    https://youtu.be/9mJAsgIIfNM.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,267MI6 Agent
    This is probably old news but I have just found out that Peter Fanene Maivia who played the guy that Bond had the fabulous office fight with in YOLT is the grandfather of Dwayne "The Rock' Johnson.
    Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
    Yes I think he is. On his mother's side.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    :)) Robin was never as Raunchy as Samantha !
    https://youtu.be/9mJAsgIIfNM.
    :)) :))
    tumblr_inline_nobj4uYLrG1sp4flw_500.gif
    :p
    but then again she did become Robin Daggers.
    I saw an ad on YouTube about Hans Zimmer teaching how to score films :)) :)) :)).
    Emanuel Macron has been French president for 100 days and in this time he has spent the equalent of 30 000 US Dollars or 24 000 British pounds on makeup! :)) :)) :o
  • VesperMelogranoVesperMelograno The SouthPosts: 901MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    Emanuel Macron has been French president for 100 days and in this time he has spent the equalent of 30 000 US Dollars or 24 000 British pounds on makeup! :)) :)) :o
    I am sure that figure is for his bag of bones wife.
    I've always wanted to have Christmas in Turkey
    So far all these new politicians..... seem as bad as the
    Old ones ! :D
    edited August 2017
    Jens Stoltenberg, NATO General Secretary and former Norwegian PM, used to play Age of Empire using the name Steklov. Steklov is his KGB name. Not that he worked for them - everyone involved with international politics and inteligence have KGB/FSB names.
    General Electric made the Cybernetic Anthropomorphous Machine (CAM) in 1969 for the US military. Does it remind you of anything? :D

Mosher.GE.walking.truck800.jpg

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coNO9FpDb6E

Here is another version:

ge-quadruped-concept-model_0001-x640.jpg
    The Bath-o-Sub and HC penetrator from TND had a baby?
    edited August 2017

Or ......

giphy.gif

Did I mention one of my sisters is responsible for the upkeep of the railway on the ice planet Hooth? :D
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:

Or ......

giphy.gif

Did I mention one of my sisters is responsible for the upkeep of the railway on the ice planet Hooth? :D
    Only 9 or 10 times :D
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Number24 wrote:

Or ......

giphy.gif

Only 9 or 10 times :D

My memory isn't what it was..... at least I think it was better once.

By the way, have I told you who takes care of the railway tracks on the Ice Planet Hoth?
    I have to admit I was always more a Star Trek guy :o
    To be honest, me to.
    I heard something interesting on the radio today. An English university has asked a family questions for four generations. When the children were eight the parents were asked how far from the house the children were allowed to go alone. About a hundred years ago the boy was allowed to go tothe fishing pond, about 10 000 meters (33 000 feet). His great grand child is allowed to go 300 meters from the house, less than 1000 feet.
    Safly today we have the perception that paedophiles lurk on all corners. Danger everywhere !
    I remember playing as a kid , this would have been on the early 70s. Leaving the house in the
    morning not to be seen again till tea time :D
    The day was spent with a couple of mates, wandering in the local fields, and common ground.
    Going up to one of the disused quarries, for a swim or a rummage around the old rusted equipment
    and machinery.
    I do think it's important for kids to have the freedom to explore and be adventurous.
    My childhood wasn't that different, but in my case adults were always outside working. Grandparents lived in the same house or the house next door and many parents were farmers. I agree that kids should be allowed more freedom (especially more freedom of movement. I also think they should be allowed to get bored, because boredom leads to imagination and exploration. Take their ipads and smartphones away for a few hours!
    I can understand there are plenty of dangers about, but really not any more than I was a
    Kid. I have told my youngest daughter before when she said " I'm bored " .... That " only
    Boring people get bored " ;)
    I sometimes say to kids who say they're bored: "Do you think there would be Harry Potter if JK Rowling never had felt bored?"
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    I sometimes say to kids who say they're bored: "Do you think there would be Harry Potter if JK Rowling never had felt bored?"

That's a really good line. I'm a writer and I often get emails from people asking how they can become writers too. I tell them to read lots and write even more and never ever stop. You'd be amazed how many people respond that they never really read and that don't write much either!
    Then again writing is a discipline, like many I have ideas for stories ( which I obviously think are
    simply terrific ) but haven't the discipline to write any down. I just lazy :#
    Yes, having good ideas is not the same as being a good writer. I'm sure it takes both skill and discipline.