Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,795MI6 Agent
    :)) :)) :))

Good night
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Don't go 24 :# who knows when you'll be back ?:)
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    :)) :)) :)) can't wait to see The Grand Tour test drive one.
    The-Grand-Tour-Episode-4-1068x712.jpg
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Number24 wrote:
    The thing was: the police was never a part of the equation. You drove as fast as you thought was safe, we didn't care about the speed limit. Sometimes that meant slower than the speed limit, sometimes it didn't .....

It was hard to get visits from our friends in the small town because their parents didn't want to drive there Not just because of the driving conditions, but also because of avalanches. I remember one time a portion of the road was simply gone.

I wonder if our Swiss friend can contribute with some stories about driving in the Alps?
    As it happens, I once drove a series 3 land rover round Finland in January many years ago. I also drove all the way to.val d isere to collect a friend who broke his leg skiing, I went in my range rover for that one, it was interesting!
    :)) :)) :)) can't wait to see The Grand Tour test drive one.
    The-Grand-Tour-Episode-4-1068x712.jpg
    :)) Clarkson test drove the family model with optional extras
    20171029_213621.jpg
    :))
    He's the new version, you simply use an electric cattle prod to get it going, as that way
    it's a Hybrid ;)
    Aoluguya-Ewenki-18.jpg
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    :)) the perfect transport for any man about the fjord, handy on a foggy Christmas eve too.
    I'm flicking through one of my Jeremy Clarkson books ( You can see the extent of my library )
    and thought this might be of interest to an Alfa owners.

On the Alfa Romeo Brera… “I only have to imagine this in black, with tan leather and I’m nursing a semi!” :))
    edited October 2017
    :)) Clarkson also said that when he sees a gtv on the road he always feels like he wants to have sex with.it :o and Mrs coop wonders why I like cleaning my car :))
    I'm flicking through one of my Jeremy Clarkson books ( You can see the extent of my library )
    and thought this might be of interest to an Alfa owners.

On the Alfa Romeo Brera… “I only have to imagine this in black, with tan leather and I’m nursing a semi!” :))

This will most likely be my next car in the next 18 months or so.

20171029_220645.jpg

20171029_220630.jpg
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    I went to see my mum yesterday in Norfolk,and we sat there with numerous cups of tea talking about the old days in South London :My mum said she was a tea lady in the civil service (I knew that) and my dads posh sister (my auntie) was a posh secretary (I knew that) to some civil service big knob ,
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    Sorry guys the rest of my story has disappeared again I will have to re send it bear with me
    So it turns out my mum was a bit of a family embarrassment to my auntie and her husband ,who also worked there (he was a ex commando) so it was all kept hushed up for the sake of every one ,so I asked mum where was this building ? Well I had to walk over Lambeth bridge ,and it was there ,Where is there.?I asked,it was on the left ,it had huge doors !so I showed her google earth on my I pad air ,yes that’s the place she cried, “mum are you saying you worked there? Yes that’s the place and I hated those doors ,Mum I shouted that’s the bloody MI5 building ,I just made the tea she replied,
    So after M and Q, was she T ? ;)
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,317Chief of Staff
    Lovely story, always shaken! (And :)) :)) :)) , TP)
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Number24 wrote:
    I found this charming photo of of the road from where I live to the nearest small town the way it was when I was a kid. :)

fileStream.aspx?fileName=dbfoto%5CFAKf-100572%5Ckvalitet2%5CFAKf-100572.264656.jpg
    I thought you were AWOL 24? Nice Road, has it changed much?

My mobile phone had a stroke or something, but I can sometimes use the computer at work.
    Number24 wrote:
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Number24 wrote:
    I found this charming photo of of the road from where I live to the nearest small town the way it was when I was a kid. :)

fileStream.aspx?fileName=dbfoto%5CFAKf-100572%5Ckvalitet2%5CFAKf-100572.264656.jpg
    I thought you were AWOL 24? Nice Road, has it changed much?

My mobile phone had a stroke or something, but I can sometimes use the computer at work.
    Well don't go too far for too long 24, I do enjoy your posts.
    So it turns out my mum was a bit of a family embarrassment to my auntie and her husband ,who also worked there (he was a ex commando) so it was all kept hushed up for the sake of every one ,so I asked mum where was this building ? Well I had to walk over Lambeth bridge ,and it was there ,Where is there.?I asked,it was on the left ,it had huge doors !so I showed her google earth on my I pad air ,yes that’s the place she cried, “mum are you saying you worked there? Yes that’s the place and I hated those doors ,Mum I shouted that’s the bloody MI5 building ,I just made the tea she replied,

If we had known this while doing Ye Adventures Of Sir James, then during a briefing scene...

Sir Miles: Thine task then, Naught Naught Seven, is to-
    (Ye door opens, a lady with a trolley doth appear.)
    Tea Lady: Wouldst thee care for tea, gentlemen?
    Sir James: Is it stirred?
    Tea Lady: Nay, 'tis always shaken.
    :)) oh very good Barbel -{
    Barbel wrote:

If we had known this while doing Ye Adventures Of Sir James, then during a briefing scene...

Sir Miles: Thine task then, Naught Naught Seven, is to-
    (Ye door opens, a lady with a trolley doth appear.)
    Tea Lady: Wouldst thee care for tea, gentlemen?
    Sir James: Is it stirred?
    Tea Lady: Nay, 'tis always shaken.
    {[] I'm certain a man of your considerable talents could, slip it in .... somewhere ?
    Sid+James.jpg
    :D Well, I'll just... carry on then.

AA_OLD_MAN_2.jpg

Edit: Done.
    I’ve been watching re runs of the old tv series Lost in space,in the last episode Dr Smith played by thr the enigmatic Jonathan Harris is heard saying oh the pain oh the pain
    Now in the Pixar film film bugs life ,one of the performing circus insects ,is pretending to be dying ,but he is saying oh the pain in the same tone as Zachary Smth ,I just thought that was great and I'm 58
  • JoshuaJoshua Posts: 1,138MI6 Agent
    I believe there are some ex British army soldiers in AJB. I ask your advice. I would like to attend a remembrance service to pay my respects to the war dead. Is it correct that I attend? I would not wear my beret from my countries army or anything (I don't have it in this country anyway). I have lost no friends myself while I was in the army. I only wish to pay my respects to those who fought for the British army. Also some of my countrymen served for the British army in world war 2 in the far east, fighting against the Japanese. I would also pay my own silent respect to them. I would not wish to upset anyone about this so ask advice.
    On tonight's " The Unbelievable Truth " ( bbc radio 4 comedy quiz ). The idea of the show
    is to give fake facts on a subject, but try and hide 5 true facts. Which the panel have to try
    and guess.
    Tonight, the second subject was Sir Sean, so if you'd like to have a go at testing your
    knowledge of the great man. It's now available on the BBC radio player.
    If anyone is interested I only managed to find three of the five true facts ;)
    Joshua wrote:
    I believe there are some ex British army soldiers in AJB. I ask your advice. I would like to attend a remembrance service to pay my respects to the war dead. Is it correct that I attend? I would not wear my beret from my countries army or anything (I don't have it in this country anyway). I have lost no friends myself while I was in the army. I only wish to pay my respects to those who fought for the British army. Also some of my countrymen served for the British army in world war 2 in the far east, fighting against the Japanese. I would also pay my own silent respect to them. I would not wish to upset anyone about this so ask advice.
    Hi Joshua I’m ex police ,but when I go I wear my Roger Moore “Live and let die over coat “ my police regimental style tie ,a poppy and my medals ,my police miniature lapel badge, but just to be there head bowed is more than respectful on a cold November morning
    Joshua wrote:

I wasn't in the British armed forces, but I think it's OK if you go. Just wear nice clothes for C :) hurch
    Joshua wrote:

The church welcomes everyone, Im sure you would be most welcome to attend and pay honour to all those who fought and fell for out freedom.
  • JoshuaJoshua Posts: 1,138MI6 Agent
    edited October 2017
    Thank you for your replies. It is not the church but the place outside, I know there is a name for it but I can not remember what it is called, but I mean the monument. The poppies are put there. Afterwards I would also like to put a poppy on a wooden cross on this monument in memory of my countrymen who fought in WW2 for the British army but would only do this if it did not cause offense to any one.

And yes I would be turned out smart with my shoes polished and my suit pressed smartly like when I was myself in the army.
    Hi Joshua ,I’m sure that would be a fitting tribute ,and would be most welcome
    I once had to place a wreath on behalf of the chief constable ,my colleague and I spent hours on our boots ,and we practised till we was blue in the face ,We was called up in our turn ,we smartly stamped to attention and marched off ,wreath in hand ,we marched with ram straight backs ,the only sound was boots on the gravel and our medals chinking in tune ,the wreath was placed down ,we stood up ,took one pace back ,saluted ,did a perfect