Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    It has happened so often ,we are not shocked any more ,oh well another mass shooting ,oh I see West Ham lost again ,this is bad news for the hammers
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • GrindelwaldGrindelwald Posts: 1,296MI6 Agent
    10 yrs since Jokela finnish school massacre.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,795MI6 Agent
    It turns out a civilian opened fire at the church massacre shooter when he left the scene of the crime. The former NRA instructor hit the killer twice, but the killer got in the ca and drove away. Soon after he took his own life. It's complicated, as many things are.
  • JoshuaJoshua Posts: 1,138MI6 Agent
    On the news it said that more than 13000 people have been killed in mass shootings in America just this year! A lot more in murders and suicides also. I think there is a sickness somewhere in society if this happens.

Has this sort of thing happened all the time or just during the past few decades?
    Therese are about 44 000 suicides per year in the USA, far more than deaths by mass shootings. But you still ask important questions, Joshua.
    More than 13000 people in this year? I think even the American army would not have this many men killed when fighting in Afghanistan and Iraq? I think that if 13000 soldiers were killed each year the whole people would be out to protest, but killing of its people by other citizens is some way acceptable to them?
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    Joshua wrote:
    On the news it said that more than 13000 people have been killed in mass shootings in America just this year! A lot more in murders and suicides also. I think there is a sickness somewhere in society if this happens.

Has this sort of thing happened all the time or just during the past few decades?
    It really seems to be something that's become more and more prolific within the last decade. 2012 to be exact was the year where the raising frequency of these kinds of attacks really began I think. Obviously there's been mass shootings prior to 2012 but I specifically remember the Aurora and Sandy Hook shootings that year and ever since then its gotten no less frequent.
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    As of today, Syria has joined the (Paris) World Climate Protocol which means that all countries have joined - with one exception - the USA who announced to leave at an uncertain point of time.
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Joshua wrote:

It really seems to be something that's become more and more prolific within the last decade. 2012 to be exact was the year where the raising frequency of these kinds of attacks really began I think. Obviously there's been mass shootings prior to 2012 but I specifically remember the Aurora and Sandy Hook shootings that year and ever since then its gotten no less frequent.

This is interesting. I wonder what has made people do such things more often? I do not think it would all be mental health as some people say.
    A divided society and more isolated individuals might be part of the reason why?
  • GrindelwaldGrindelwald Posts: 1,296MI6 Agent
    3 boys threatened to shoot people at a school in Bodø , Norway......
    Fortunately their "weapons" were just replicas or fakes. Just some very misguided boys looking for attention. Still, it's a reminder that school shootings can happen anywhere.
    edited November 2017
    Nordmarka is a forrest area close to Oslo, and it's been popular for more than a hundred years for hiking and skiing. But a scientist has compared the weather there in the years 1961-90 to the period 1985-2015. Then it's not called weather anymore, it's climate.
    The conclution? There is five weeks of snow each year in the recent period compared to 1961-1990.
    Five weeks! :(
    I did attend the remembrance service today. It was a cold day, but sunny. After the service I did place the poppy cross in memory of my countrymen who fought for the British in WW2. I was most welcomed and my wife and me were invited to a gathering after the ceremony for tea. I did take a few photographs of my time when in the army of my country in case any one was perhaps interested. There were two men who were commandos in the past and they were interested in knowing about the African commando regiment and I was interested in hearing about the British commandos also.
    I am so honoured to have been able to pay my respects to all the British and Commonwealth soldiers who served in wars on this day.
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    edited November 2017
    Joshua wrote:
    I did attend the remembrance service today. It was a cold day, but sunny. After the service I did place the poppy cross in memory of my countrymen who fought for the British in WW2. I was most welcomed and my wife and me were invited to a gathering after the ceremony for tea. I did take a few photographs of my time when in the army of my country in case any one was perhaps interested. There were two men who were commandos in the past and they were interested in knowing about the African commando regiment and I was interested in hearing about the British commandos also.
    I am so honoured to have been able to pay my respects to all the British and Commonwealth soldiers who served in wars on this day.

I'm very pleased to hear you mention all those who.died serving from all around the world. For my part I always observe the silence and appreciate the half mast flag on our local abbey, I also wear a poppy, but not a red paper one, mine is made from the fuse metal of a ww1 ordinance that was recovered from the field and fashioned into a poppy.

20171112_194315.jpg

DSC_0001.jpg

20171112_194258.jpg
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    Where is Lexi, BTW? Did VesperMelograno murder her to snag the agreed-upon one active female member limit? :v

.... I finally escaped! Blimey, that VesperMelongrano lured me with the ol' come and try my Vesper Martini number.... and before you know it, I was locked in her shed... mind you, it was pretty well kitted out - a nice 56" tv, log fire... comfy sofa.

However, watching Golden Eye on repeat did grate somewhat!
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Welcome back Lexi! -{
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
    Welcome back Lexi! -{
    Thanks C&D.

....now PLEASE can we have some neeeeeewwwwwwwwwwsssssssss! 8-)
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
    :)) we've got loads of news, Dc is back for Bond 25 confirmed, Denis villeneuve is not directing it, some new company may be distributing it, it might possibly be a back to back double bond shoot, it not coming out until 2019, eon may be selling the Bond franchise, Christopher waltz definitely maybe not returning as Blofeld or not, Bond could be wearing Tom Ford, DC has put a bit weight on, Welshboy has new boots, Higgins hasn't, Some anti female sexist neanderthal got banned last week by Sir miley miles after offending every female on the planet and most the men on AJB and the Mantis has a new,
    Aston Martin, oh and Higgins Faberge egg is coming along nicely but probably won't be ready until after Bond 26 ( 2027)
    Chriscoop wrote:
    :)) we've got loads of news, Dc is back for Bond 25 confirmed, Denis villeneuve is not directing it, some new company may be distributing it, it might possibly be a back to back double bond shoot, it not coming out until 2019, eon may be selling the Bond franchise, Christopher waltz definitely maybe not returning as Blofeld or not, Bond could be wearing Tom Ford, DC has put a bit weight on,

Yes, all of that I know.... from bits and pieces (that facebook group I mentioned, rumours from here - I have contacts :v )
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Welshboy has new boots, Higgins hasn't, Some anti female sexist neanderthal got banned last week by Sir miley miles after offending every female on the planet and most the men on AJB and the Mantis has a new,
    Aston Martin, oh and Higgins Faberge egg is coming along nicely but probably won't be ready until after Bond 26 ( 2027)
    ... this I didn't! Mantis a new AM hey? Why am I not surprised 8-) :))
    ...and Higgins will never change his shoes - it's neon green all the way! :))

.... Wern't we going to have some sort of official press release about Bond 25? I thought Sept/Oct? No....?
    I think they are still totally undecided about everything...
  • caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,944MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    Nordmarka is a forrest area close to Oslo, and it's been popular for more than a hundred years for hiking and skiing. But a scientist has compared the weather there in the years 1961-90 to the period 1985-2015. Then it's not called weather anymore, it's climate.
    The conclution? There is five weeks of snow each year in the recent period compared to 1961-1990.
    are you saying you only get five weeks of snow? is it more or less snow than you got in the earlier time period?
    weather is day to day variations, with immediate cause-and-effect, usually the interaction of two air-masses.
    climate is the longterm trend, the averaging out of the small scale variations
    weather determines whether you need to take an umbrella in the morning
    climate determines what species can successfully live in your area
    Lexi wrote:
    Chriscoop wrote:
    :)) we've got loads of news, Dc is back for Bond 25 confirmed, Denis villeneuve is not directing it, some new company may be distributing it, it might possibly be a back to back double bond shoot, it not coming out until 2019, eon may be selling the Bond franchise, Christopher waltz definitely maybe not returning as Blofeld or not, Bond could be wearing Tom Ford, DC has put a bit weight on,

Yes, all of that I know.... from bits and pieces (that facebook group I mentioned, rumours from here - I have contacts :v )
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Welshboy has new boots, Higgins hasn't, Some anti female sexist neanderthal got banned last week by Sir miley miles after offending every female on the planet and most the men on AJB and the Mantis has a new,

.... Wern't we going to have some sort of official press release about Bond 25? I thought Sept/Oct? No....?
    There was a rumour, and dc did confirm in September, there is simply nothing to tell, I'd imagine they have a story and dc was. Snapped walking holding a rather thick file, which may have been the bond 25 script?
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    I thought that thick file was the blu-prints to Higgys egg
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Lexi wrote:
    Chriscoop wrote:

Chriscoop wrote:

There was a rumour, and dc did confirm in September, there is simply nothing to tell, I'd imagine they have a story and dc was. Snapped walking holding a rather thick file, which may have been the bond 25 script?

You mean this one?

Screenshot_20171109-184153.png
    That's the one :) looks like a script to me
    Number24 wrote:
    are you saying you only get five weeks of snow? is it more or less snow than you got in the earlier time period?
    weather is day to day variations, with immediate cause-and-effect, usually the interaction of two air-masses.
    climate is the longterm trend, the averaging out of the small scale variations
    weather determines whether you need to take an umbrella in the morning
    climate determines what species can successfully live in your area

Nordmarka gets five weeks less on average each winter in the most recent period than the area got in the first period.
  • caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,944MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    Nordmarka gets five weeks less on average each winter in the most recent period than the area got in the first period.
    now I understand ... that does sound like a changing climate
    Single post B-)
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,276MI6 Agent
    "Hmm, no need for help in arranging that coup. Call back that plane..."

6869-21308.gif

"Men, we have been double crossed!"

burton_wild_geese_04.JPG
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    image-1213058-galleryV9-hkiu-1213058.jpg