• ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Oh Olga :x
    No need for apologies {[]
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,213MI6 Agent
    Chriscoop wrote:
    What were the pictures of CHB? Can we use our furtive imaginations :D

Nothing to drool about :))

We took the ferry to Leyte to hand out our Christmas presents to Mrs CHB's family who still live in her home town as we are coming to England for the holidays and I took some pics of the splendid Christmas lights in town - Christmas is huge over here and the decorations are something special.
    Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,795MI6 Agent
    Are the Christmas decorations in the American tradition, or is there a local style to them?
  • CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,213MI6 Agent
    It's a local flavour in smaller towns like Ormoc but large cities like Cebu have more of an American influence but still maintaining a proud Pinoy style.

I'm looking forward to seeing the Norwegian tree when I get to London.

I hope to get the pics posted at some point.
    Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
    I look forward to the photos. I'm also looking for this year's tree for SABS :)
    Number24 wrote:
    I look forward to the photos. I'm also looking for this year's tree for SABS :)
    I hope it's better than last year's effort :#
    20171202_154106.jpg
    I apologize. Christmas trees from Norway sometimes underwhelm :#
    edited December 2017
    Paul Greengrass is now filming a movie in and around Oslo about the terror attacks in 2011. The movie is based on Åsne Seierstad's exellent book "One of us". The story focuses on the victims and their families, I don't think the terrorist's face will feature at all.
    He's making the movie for Netflix with an all-Norwegian cast.
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    ith regards to the Norwegian Christmas tree in London’s Trafalga square (it’s always a great and much loved tree in London) I always think of Kirk Douglas in the film The heroes of the Telemark
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    I'll seen that movie too. Several members of the Vemork saboteurs also saw and commented on the movie, and never favourably. Fun as it may be, I would recomend the TV-series "The heavy water war/Saboteurs" or the 1948 movie "Kampen om tungtvannet" (I'll check the English title) feauturing several of the real SOE-agents playing themselves.
    Number24 wrote:
    I'll seen that movie too. Several members of the Vemork saboteurs also saw and commented on the movie, and never favourably. Fun as "Heroes of Telemark" may be, I would rather recomend the TV-series "The heavy water war/Saboteurs" or the 1948 movie "Kampen om tungtvannet" (I'll check the English title) featuring several of the real SOE-agents playing themselves.

"Operation Swallow: the battle of the heavy water" (1948)
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,690MI6 Agent
    Barbel wrote:
    AA_OLD_MAN.jpg

...oh, Damian Green, sorry...

That's more blue than green!
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    I had a small, but very important victory at work today. Can't say any more. Need to know - sure you'll understand. :007)
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    {[] Small victories are very important.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Well done number 24 ; it’s always good to get one over on the bosses .let them know your not some one who can be pushed around
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    Actually it wasn't like that. Instead I was able to help someone reach a goal.
  • VesperMelogranoVesperMelograno The SouthPosts: 901MI6 Agent
    Congratulations! It does feel good when you feel like you can actually help someone (something I do not do too much of in local government :)) )
    I've always wanted to have Christmas in Turkey
    Although, perhaps better in the Quotes thread ........

"no good deed goes unpunished" : Clare Boothe Luce
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Don't be a drip TP :p
    :))
    Congratulations! It does feel good when you feel like you can actually help someone (something I do not do too much of in local government :)) )

I understand US post offices are particularely effective....
    Planning departments are even better :)) -{
    Russian has been shut (Autocorrect: slut) out of the 2018 winter Olympics in Korea. This is because of systematisk cheering of doping tests in the past, especially during the Olympics in Sochi in 2014. Many were involved, including customs, FSB and the Russian Minister of Sports. Good!
    I am really curious how this is going to play out. Athletes are allowed to compete without a flag or an anthem. I suspect Putin will be a man child and not let anyone compete at all.
    I don't know, but I think Putin will use this in his propaganda: "Look, Russia is surrounded by enemies. Only I can keep you safe and make Russia strong"
  • Sir Hillary BraySir Hillary Bray College of ArmsPosts: 2,174MI6 Agent
    Nice to see an organization like the IOC stand tough against the Russians. FIFA too. Oh, wait...
    Hilly...you old devil!
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    I hope it is explained to those Russian athletes who are permitted to compete independently that it would be rather unpalatable for them to accept from the crowd and wave Russian flags should they win any events. If they did, it would be seen as a victory not for them as hard-working clean athletes, but for the corrupt Russian athletic regime that has tarnished an entire country's athletic programmes and a government that at best turned a blind eye to it but quite likely encouraged and sponsored it.
  • GrindelwaldGrindelwald Posts: 1,296MI6 Agent
    Drago : "I will break you" :v

The OHMSS x-mas tree song = an inside joke about Cubby selling x-mas trees ?

:))

....then there was the DAF funeral scene , both Sean and Cubby worked in the funeral service.
    Right now the leders of ICAN (The International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear weapons) are given the Nobel Peace Prize in Oslo. Congratulations! :)
    Number24 wrote:
    Right now the leders of ICAN (The International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear weapons) are given the Nobel Peace Prize in Oslo. Congratulations! :)
    They didn't give it to Kim wrong Un did they?