Last film seen...

Comments

• always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    just had to watch THE BOOK OF ELI again starring Denzil Washington , just love the film Dezil is a brilliant actor I don't think he has ever made a duff film ,he was great in the re-make of Pelham 123 , now normaly re-makes are pants (Italian job ,planet of the apes )to name 2 but Pelham 123 was one of his best films :)
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    +1 Denzil Washington is a great actor and can play a good villain
    He's brilliant in Trainning day. -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    well training day just goes with out saying ( could DW make a good FL ? ) that I would like to see ,
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent

I have often expressed my fervent desire to see Washington play a Bond villain. I think he would be outstanding! -{
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,344Chief of Staff
    Great as that would be, he's simply too big to get into Eon's net.
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    Barbel wrote:
    Great as that would be, he's simply too big to get into Eon's net.

I think you're right, unfortunately.
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
    You never know !, It seems that many actors have a soft spot for the Bonds. So might
    infact relish the chance to play a great villain. :)) ........ I prefer to love in Hope. ;) :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Alex Cross :
    Great thriller with a brilliant killer. Some nice set pieces moves along at
    a fast pace, well worth a watch to pass an evening.
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    Dirty, Filthy Nurses

;)
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    Is that the latest. M. Night Shyamalan ? :))
    That, or the Preview Name for the next Indiana Jones :))
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    Dredd:
    Great action movie, loads of blood and guts all over the screen :))
    IMHO, its far better than the older Stallone version.
    Dredd as a Character, was not really that known over in the States. Hence why the Stallone Film fell off a Cliff.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    Last night I turned the lights off and watched Alien (blu ray) in honour of Mr Giger!

Been a while since I watched it and I forgot how very much it is a two part story with a patient build up (Arrival at the planet / back on board with the facehugger)

Anyhow believe it was made on my birth year (1978) and it holds up bloody well, only flaw is the final scene where the Alien meets his doom and is outside the emergency craft bouncing around on the spear gun rope (Alien is just a static dummy with no movement in limbs etc and looks a bit naff)

Tempted to watch Aliens tonight which is of course very different indeed and more of an Action film then the horror of Alien but still a masterpiece. Pity about the subsequent films really.

Did anybody here see Alien in the cinema upon its original release? Must have been pretty damn cool back in the day
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    edited May 2014
    Prometheus :

I'd left watching this as I'd been told it had gotten very mixed reviews.
    It's an Alien prequel, not as good as that film but still a great adventure,
    it gives the old story a new twist. I enjoyed it. {[]

I was very impressed when I saw this in the cinema and surprised it got mixed reviews, I think a lot of people wanted an immediate tie to Alien which in the end it only teased and did not deliver. I remember googling some answers / theories after the film which is what I imagine frustrated a lot of people as it is not really a standalone film and people want immediate answers.

It was a while ago when I saw this but the disappointments were mainly the myth and reveal of the Space Jockey - thought they could have been made better, the tease of the Space Jockey in the famous Giger cockpit room (original Alien) only to realise it was not the same ship or planet. Would have preferred to see that tie in with the ship from the original Alien at a later date or film as it was a great moment in the film of nostalgia and very iconic image of the original, seemed a bit wasted and wont have the same effect if seen again in the sequel.

Daft but it annoyed me was the Charlize Theron scene where she is running away from the rolling ship, it was a bit WTF? Instead of simply running / stepping aside she carrys on running in the line of the ship which has become a wheel of sorts.

I loved the self abortion scene, in the cinema it was pretty grim in a great horror way, I remember the end scene with an actual Alien type that we are familiar with - that was a nice teaser too.

Fassbender recently announced the sequel will be done but no timeline hence could indeed be a long wait and if Ridley Scott is not onboard then I can see it falling apart (guess we are in the same kind of limbo as the sequel to Dragon Tattoo and Fincher).

Will also be interesting to see where Prometheus goes since only one human escapes with Fassbender (Android)
    :)) I agree about the Charlize Theron scene, "run to the side you stupid .......... " ;)
  • Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent
    It looked great, but didn't you think the script, characterisation and dialogue were woeful?

I was watching Alien some time after it and the dialogue between Yaphet Kotto and Harry Dean Stanton was just so natural and not forced at all, unlike the majority of Prometheus. Also what the heck was the point of getting Guy Pierce to play the old codger? The make up was poor and I just didn't even see the point.

I too wanted some sort of a tie in to Alien with the planet being one and the same, LV426 but I read somewhere that may feature in a sequel.

The ending by the way just smacked of them wanting to make a load more money and have a needless sequel- "come on Fassbender's head, into the duffle bag and away we go"!
    Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
    I will def have to revisit it mate with regards to dialogue as only watched once in the cinema hungover!!

I do remember Guy Pierce looking terrible though.

I remember reading at the time Ridley wanted it to standalone from the Alien franchise but to clearly base it in the same universe however I guess the studios will be wanting as many Aliens chucked in as possible for a sequel.

Makes you wonder if he was pressured into chucking in the Alien at the finale

Certainly a strange prequel and diff then the norm.
    Welshboy78 wrote :
    Certainly a strange prequel and diff then the norm.

Very True. -{
    Mr Martini wrote:
    The Wolf Of Wall Street

Now this is my kind of movie. Lots of sex, lots of profanity and a pretty good story to. It just needed a high sped car chase and a couple more explosions. There is a quick explosion in one scene, it's brief, but it's fire. Only down side is, it's three hours long. Don't stop by 7-11 for that Big Gulp before the movie or else you'll have to get up and excuse yourself. Which I don't recommend doing.

I have not cried with laughter so much watching a film in ages, absolutely brilliant. I am not a big fan of DiCaprio but credit where credit is due he was class.

Im not knowledgeable on the real story behind it at all and wether a lot of it is bullshit etc but regardless it is entertaining and has shades of Fear and Loathing in it. Christ - how hot is the female lead?? The small appearance by Matthew McConaughey is great (not a big fan of him either usually)
    TonyDP wrote:
    300: Rise of an Empire in 3D

Themistocles rallies the nations of Greece against Xerses, Artimesia and their Persian army in this followup to 300. The movie is full of slo mo battles, spectacular naval engagements and all manner of blood, limbs and entrails flying out of the screen. For all its spectacle, however 300: Rise of an Empire can be summarized in five simple words:

Eva Green. Nude. In 3D.

Yeah it was total crap really wasn't it, jumping from ship to ship on horses like Super Mario etc

Still.... it was worth it to see Eva lol
  • David SchofieldDavid Schofield EnglandPosts: 1,528MI6 Agent
    Taking of Denzil Washington, looking forward to his version of THE EQUALIZER.

How he pulls off a middle aged, bewigged white Englishman with limited body movement and a propensity for overacting should be Oscar worthy.

That said, having seen him in FOR QUEEN AND COUNTRY a million years ago, there's no doubt he can do an English accent.

;) -{
    It will be fun to watch an American doing a British accent, given the
    amount of brits playing Americans these days. :))
    Dick Van Dyke? :))

Welshboy, do you like the Predator Films?
    Dick van Dyke, wasn't he the lead in Dirty, Filthy Nurses ? :D
  • Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Mr Martini wrote:
    The Wolf Of Wall Street

Now this is my kind of movie. Lots of sex, lots of profanity and a pretty good story to. It just needed a high sped car chase and a couple more explosions. There is a quick explosion in one scene, it's brief, but it's fire. Only down side is, it's three hours long. Don't stop by 7-11 for that Big Gulp before the movie or else you'll have to get up and excuse yourself. Which I don't recommend doing.

I have not cried with laughter so much watching a film in ages, absolutely brilliant. I am not a big fan of DiCaprio but credit where credit is due he was class.

Im not knowledgeable on the real story behind it at all and wether a lot of it is bullshit etc but regardless it is entertaining and has shades of Fear and Loathing in it. Christ - how hot is the female lead?? The small appearance by Matthew McConaughey is great (not a big fan of him either usually)

Yes, agree superb film -Scorcese's best in a long time.

McConnaughey has done some great stuff lately, no doubt to make up for the Rom-com crap he's inflicted on us the previous 10 years! I recommend Mud, Dallas Buyers Club and True Detective...
    Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
    Dick van Dyke, wasn't he the lead in Dirty, Filthy Nurses ? :D

If he was, then the Makeup Team did a very good Job :))
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Did anybody here see Alien in the cinema upon its original release? Must have been pretty damn cool back in the day

I saw it at the Odeon West End London on on its initial release back in '79 - it was bloody terrifying. The dialogue was so realistic and the characters so believable that it was elevated from a standard Creature Feature to an absolute classic. The sense of claustrophobia and helplessness among the crew were palpable and the Alien design has IMO never been bettered. And the fact that here was the first film where a heroine rather than a hero triumphs was brilliant.
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
    Dick Van Dyke? :))

Welshboy, do you like the Predator Films?

Only like the original Predator to be honest as I was a big Arnie 80s fan! Have seen the lot though, can't remember much about the Danny Glover sequel, so long ago!!
    First Film was amazing, second Film was good but a little dull at Points and the third Film just Recycled nearly all of the Scenes from the first Film ?:)