Last film seen...

Comments

• ACACIA_AVENUEACACIA_AVENUE UKPosts: 1,774MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    I know the film is not out yet, but having read the book, which is brilliant.

I will be going to see 'The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared'

I've seen it and enjoyed it. you could call it a Swedish Forrest Gump.
    I also saw Edge of Tomorow. It's on eof the best action movies I have seen for some time.

Glad you liked it, really looking forward to seeing it -{
    One of us smells like a tart's handkerchief.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,602Chief of Staff
    Finally got around to watching Man of Steel....there are some great parts to this movie...just not enough...although the movie does crack along at a fair pace and it doesn't 'feel' like a two and a half hour movie....great music as well - but then I do like Hans Zimmer...get him onboard for a Bond movie ASAP !
    YNWA 97
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Not so much a film but, I've just watched all four episodes of - Fleming.
    I thought it was quite good, much better than the "secret life of .... "
    It only deals with the war years, it's worth a watch if you catch it.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent
    Not so much a film but, I've just watched all four episodes of - Fleming.
    I thought it was quite good, much better than the "secret life of .... "
    It only deals with the war years, it's worth a watch if you catch it.

Yes, it was quite enjoyable in a heavily fictionalised/Bond film homage kind of way. Have to say though, I could imagine Samuel West who played Fleming's M type boss, actually playing Fleming in a more historically accurate version of his life...
    Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    im watching the Rupert Penry-Jones version of the classic 39 steps right now
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,693MI6 Agent
    im watching the Rupert Penry-Jones version of the classic 39 steps right now

I taped that back in December 2008 but only saw about half of it. I suppose it's on DVD now? I have seen the 1935, 1959 and 1978 versions though.
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    It's a fantastic story, remember reading it as a boy. {[]
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,693MI6 Agent
    It's a fantastic story, remember reading it as a boy. {[]

I tried it but gave up on it. I'll have to return to it though.
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    Oh, it's a great boys own adventure ! :D
    Oh, it's a great boys own adventure ! :D

Yes, it and the other Hannay novels no doubt inspired Ian Fleming's imagination too. -{
    Agreed -{
    Agreed -{

I think he mentions it in several interviews in fact.
    For anyone interested it's a free book on kindle, :D
    I'm not a big musical fan but I have two which I watch every so often, as I
    Just love them ( even sing along ) Hairspray & Little shop of Horrors. {[]
    Watched Little shop ...... Tonight. -{
    I watched QOS on ITV last night, (about the 10th time ive watched it )and I said to my wife whilst it was on
    I don't remember that scene/lines ect .There was particular shots / words.that ive never seen /heard before ?
    I watched QOS on ITV last night, (about the 10th time ive watched it )and I said to my wife whilst it was on
    I don't remember that scene/lines ect .There was particular shots / words.that ive never seen /heard before ?

See what happens when you eventually open your eyes to this film :D

You didn't say if you liked it or not though...
    YNWA 97
    Even when I didn't like it I watched it over and over, to which my kids did
    Say something along the lines of " I wouldn't like to see how much you'd
    Watch it if you DID like it ! " :))
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,286MI6 Agent
    Oh, I caught 20 mins of that one evening, there is a good stretch from when Bond informs M about Slate's death up to death of Mathis, quite good if not really riveting. No great flaws, but a few niggles. Great look to the film.

It would be good as a double bill with The Living Daylights, an early, brutal Bond, themes of realpolitik and distrust, starts with a bit of outdoor car action on a winding road and ends up in the desert, before Bond has one final showdown with the bad guy.

But the actor who plays Leiter has one expression in the movie, or at least in the scene I saw, waste of a good actor, and the whole Beam thing is a bit depressing really. He should be out hunting down Ferris Bueller or going round to Joel's house to interview him for a place in Harvard in Risky Business.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • DaltonFan1DaltonFan1 The West of IrelandPosts: 503MI6 Agent
    Batman Begins and Iron Man 3 were both on Sky Movies so I flicked between the two of them. It was quite an interesting experience, seeing Tony Stark's spectacular rescue of multiple Air Force One passengers followed by Bruce Wayne exploring the batcave.
    Both films are excellent in very different ways, but one thing they have in common is having a star struck little boy meeting the hero. The expression on both kids' faces epitomises the appeal of comic book heroes.
    “Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to a better understanding of ourselves.” - Carl Jung
    +1, I think in this real world we would all love the simplicity of a superhero.
    After Bond, I love Batman. :D
    I watched a film (ish) about the life of Coco Chanel last night , it showed (if true ) how Chanel No 5 got its name
    but my god did they smoke in them days
    I watched a film (ish) about the life of Coco Chanel last night , it showed (if true ) how Chanel No 5 got its name
    but my god did they smoke in them days

Yes, they thought the ciggies were good for you back then! That's how they smoked their lungs out!
    I remember being told by a nurse years ago that theatre nurses used to
    Be advised to have a smoke before entering the operating room, as it was
    Thought to kill germs. :))
    I know smoking was a lot more prevelant in them days, but they was all smoking in the Chanel work rooms
    "heres your new dress Lady Fertang-Fertang ole-biscuit - Barrel, sorry it stinks of stale fags 8-)
    But I bet it looked so cool ! :))
    Watching Johnny English:reborn and have to say I'm now impressed
    With how the Bond films handle product placement. As it's so blatant
    And in your face in this film.
    Watching Johnny English:reborn and have to say I'm now impressed
    With how the Bond films handle product placement. As it's so blatant
    And in your face in this film.

I thought that was the idea ? To mock the way the Bond films have gone...
    YNWA 97
    :))
    If it was, then it's far to subtle, sophisticated, and high brow a film for me. :))
    :))
    If it was, then it's far to subtle, sophisticated, and high brow a film for me. :))

But then so was The Muppets :))
    YNWA 97
    :)) hey I respect the classics. :D