Last film seen...

Comments

• always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    im watching Mel Gibson in "GET THE GRINGO" now ,,,,, good film :)
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    With my on going attempt to bore people to death !....... ;)

Did you know the term GRINGO. Comes from a popular song of the
    Day " green grows the grass ....... " which many cowboys sang, hence
    Why many Mexican people shortened it and called them Gringos. :))
    Not a lot of people know that. :))

Although it's probably just another urban myth. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    With my on going attempt to bore people to death !....... ;)

Did you know the term GRINGO. Comes from a popular song of the
    Day " green grows the grass ....... " which many cowboys sang, hence
    Why many Mexican people shortened it and called them Gringos. :))
    Not a lot of people know that. :))

Although it's probably just another urban myth. :))

I too have heard that myth im just glad cowboys were not ARSENAL fans (we are Arsenal super Arsenal )
    you get the picture :))
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Have seen "The Intouchables" yesterday on TV and really enjoyed it!

I can highly recommend it to everybody!
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    {[] Agreed, a Fantastic movie.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,277MI6 Agent
    edited July 2014
    BBC4 is showing a spanking new, Blu Ray style print of A Hard Day's Night this week, next showing is Friday at 11pm (corrected).

I read that the word 'Beatles' is never spoken throughout its entire running time.

It is good stuff, though the Revolver era fan will get a shock watching it, it is very zany, fast-moving rather than cool, it is all about Beatlemania. McCartney seems different to his usual mop top persona of the time, sort of quizzical, baffled, potentially snarky, a bit more aggressive and together. He is the only one not to get a side story to himself (a scene featuring Frankie Howerd and Wendy Richards hit the cutting room floor) so he seems a bit removed from the others, however as Wilfrid Brambrell plays his granddad (or dad I can't remember) he is more integral to the story.

Some of the humour is a bit juvenile and aimed at teenage girls, and the music is a far cry from the Kinks' You Really Got Me of the same year, but it all carries you along, so long as you don't expect it to settle down into a conventional plot.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,580Chief of Staff
    The next showing is Friday at 11pm....

It's a good film - the forerunner of the pop video in fact...

Wilfred Bramble plays Paul's granddad...LOADS of cameo appearances - Phil Collins, Charlotte Rampling, Jeremy Lloyd and Pattie Boyd to name a few...

It's just had - or having - a rerun in the cinemas...I've tried to find a cinema near me that's showing it...but am struggling to...
    YNWA 97
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    Die Hard 2, on Film4 now :)
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    {[] I love the Die Hard films -{
    I've always felt that DH usurped Bond's Throne during the late 80's/early 90's. Then regained it in 1995 :) -{
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    I'd agree, they became event movies. -{
    and DH3 is on the scale of a Bond film. :D
    DH3 originally was called 'Simon says' and was separate from the DH Franchise.
    Interesting -{
    I was doing a bit of reading last night, and learned that Die Hard was
    Originally " Commando 2 " and had been offered to Schwarzenegger
    who turned it down along with Mel Gibson and Stallone !
    When Bruce Willis came on board the script was changed a little to
    Suit his comedic skill. :D
    It goes back further then that :)) The original Script Idea was a follow up to one of Sinatra's Films from way back -{
    It amazing to think it took so long to get on screen, when most
    Action fans regard it as a Classic. -{
    With the GF kipping, I can watch Planet of the Apes undisturbed :))
    Watching FRWL and was wondering. Has anyone ever see " Call me Bwana " ?
    I've waited for years to see if it popped up on TV but I must have missed it
    Or it's never been on. :))
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,692MI6 Agent

No, never seen it. I know it's a comedy starring Anita Ekberg and that's about it. Must be on DVD though...
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • TonyDPTonyDP Inside the MonolithPosts: 4,280MI6 Agent

I saw it many, many, many years ago on a local TV channel. Pretty forgettable IMO - a Bob Hope vehicle which allowed him to deliver his usual schtick (lots of one liners, double entendres and beaking the fourth wall) in a jungle setting - but if you are curious you can see the entire film on your PC via this link....

http://www.imdb.com/video/hulu/vi1152582937/
    I'm a Big Bob Hope fan, so I'd love to see it but the Bond connection is a bonus ! :))
    Watched the original " The Wicker Man" last night ( haven't seen it in years )
    Still a great film, very creepy feel to it, and how good is Christopher Lee, in
    Everything he's in. :))
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,277MI6 Agent
    That's a typical example of the sort of film you used to catch late night on telly, starting around 11.30pm on a weekend, and it would just draw you in. Another example, Get Carter. You'd be thinking, what am I watching here?
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    +1, You start out just going to watch the first half hour or so, next thing
    It's two in the morning and it's ending. :D
    Coneheads :
    Funny alien film, I've seen it a few times. -{

Deep Rising :
    Old action horror, fun film with a couple of nice set pieces
    But it's more action than horror.
    Top Secret :
    The daddy of all the Airplane and Naked gun movies. Laugh out loud funny
    With loads of visual jokes and it has a Bond connection Peter Lamont was
    The set designer. :D
  • ACACIA_AVENUEACACIA_AVENUE UKPosts: 1,774MI6 Agent
    That's My Boy ..... watched this the other night and it is rude, crude and extremely funny.
    One of us smells like a tart's handkerchief.
  • samurai4114samurai4114 Alberta, CanadaPosts: 129MI6 Agent
    That's My Boy ..... watched this the other night and it is rude, crude and extremely funny.

Adam Sandler is my dirty pleasure, so to speak. I've seen Billy Madison and Happy Gilmore about 50 times each...
    Just watched the original " Planet of the Apes " still a great movie. -{
  • ACACIA_AVENUEACACIA_AVENUE UKPosts: 1,774MI6 Agent
    edited July 2014
    Just watched the original " Planet of the Apes " still a great movie. -{

Agree a great film ... Saw it when it first released ;%
    One of us smells like a tart's handkerchief.