James Bond Car Collection - Questions and praise

Comments

• DokkDokk Posts: 382MI6 Agent
    Just rec'd 92 & 93..Hearse is massive!!! & I love the body in the Hovercraft ..... :D -{ :007)
  • crocke007crocke007 Posts: 107MI6 Agent
    hello all,

can anyone help - what is the largest model Bond car available and where from , please ???
  • MovieCarFanMovieCarFan Posts: 973MI6 Agent
    crocke007 wrote:
    hello all,

can anyone help - what is the largest model Bond car available and where from , please ???

Probably the new DB5 partwork at 1:8, but it'll take a while to collect. Kyosho produce some models at 1:12 which are available on eBay (example in the link):

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Rare-Kyosho-James-Bond-Aston-Martin-Vanquish-1-12-007-/170520642157?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_ToysGames_DiecastVehicles_DiecastVehicles_JN&hash=item27b3d2826d

The most commonly available larger size are 1:18 scale by people such as Autoart (also on eBay) :)
  • FACTFACT Station ZPosts: 320MI6 Agent
    Just got Issue #55, the Dodge Monaco police car from AVTAK, which means we are now half way through the collection here in South Africa!

Issue #110 should get to us around September 2012, assuming the local distributor doesn't do a France on us and quit before the end.
  • james John Smythejames John Smythe Station N, Netherlands Posts: 162MI6 Agent
    edited August 2010
    Good news! finally a decent pic of the Hovercraft including diorama :D

Photo%20001.jpg

And the long-awaited news:

Photo%20002.jpg1..jpg

- a classic, big Benz
    - an ambulance B-)

Can't wait for this one! {[]
    Still no word on the Anglia Yet ?????? -{ :007)
    Dokk wrote:
    Still no word on the Anglia Yet ?????? -{ :007)

#89Ford AngliaDr. No

bondcar088_m1415.jpg

bondcar089_m01.jpg

Underneath wich stone did you came from? :)) ;)
  • Gadget MeisterGadget Meister Bicester, OxonPosts: 1,972MI6 Agent
    JJS I believe Dokk is referring to the CORRECT Anglia, not the one that went out captioned FRWL. We're still waiting for JBCC to get the right ones out.
    edited August 2010
    JJS I believe Dokk is referring to the CORRECT Anglia, not the one that went out captioned FRWL. We're still waiting for JBCC to get the right ones out.

Thanx .I did mean the replacement... -& for your info JJS the saying "Under which stone did you come from " is rather offensive..It may have a different reference in Holland I don't know, but in the UK...it's not a nice thing to say....{ :007)
  • rhinomanrhinoman Lancashire, UKPosts: 67MI6 Agent
    Guys ' n ' gals (?),
    I'm not quite clear about the Ford Anglia situation, have GE Fabbri committed to sending all subscribers a completely new Anglia model in display box with the right labelling, or just new sticky label strips, or does one have to phone up GEFabbri personally to get anything at all in terms of a replacement / fix for the wrongly identified model? Wasn't there a problem with the colour also? Can someone with their finger on the pulse please clarify?

My Anglia model (issue 89) is wrongly labelled and I think the body colour was a bit off also.
    I would think a replacement would be the right thing to do. But that's enough whinging, where's my next model?

Cheers,
    Rhinoman B-)
    rhinoman wrote:
    Guys ' n ' gals (?),
    I'm not quite clear about the Ford Anglia situation, have GE Fabbri committed to sending all subscribers a completely new Anglia model in display box with the right labelling, or just new sticky label strips, or does one have to phone up GEFabbri personally to get anything at all in terms of a replacement / fix for the wrongly identified model? Wasn't there a problem with the colour also? Can someone with their finger on the pulse please clarify?

My Anglia model (issue 89) is wrongly labelled and I think the body colour was a bit off also.
    I would think a replacement would be the right thing to do. But that's enough whinging, where's my next model?

Cheers,
    Rhinoman B-)

I spoke to them a while back & they said they are waiting for them to arrive from another country???..whether they meant a new supplier or not I don.t know...I can only assume she meant that once they had them,they would send a replacement to all subscribers!!!!!...I will fone them on Friday...so watch this space.... -{ :007)
  • hacketthackett Odds change the numbers remainPosts: 197MI6 Agent
    edited November 2010
    Dokk wrote:
    rhinoman wrote:
    Guys ' n ' gals (?),

Cheers,
    Rhinoman B-)

I spoke to them a while back & they said they are waiting for them to arrive from another country???..whether they meant a new supplier or not I don.t know...I can only assume she meant that once they had them,they would send a replacement to all subscribers!!!!!...I will fone them on Friday...so watch this space.... -{ :007)

Spoke to JBCC today..letters coming out, she said they are in the post as we speak ref: Issue 89, The Ford Anglia..they said it will probably be in the new year before we get the replacement...- { :007)
  • GaryDGaryD Posts: 10MI6 Agent
    Just received the letter. It confirms that we will get a "...replacement issue 89 with the correct label." But it also says this won't be until early 2011.

If you don't receive the letter soon, I suggest you get back on the phone to them and make sure your name is down for one.
    GaryD wrote:
    Just received the letter. It confirms that we will get a "...replacement issue 89 with the correct label." But it also says this won't be until early 2011.

If you don't receive the letter soon, I suggest you get back on the phone to them and make sure your name is down for one.

Yes! got my letter today as well...-{ :007)
  • ArymoreArymore Posts: 27MI6 Agent
    Any word on another binder box coming out?
    Arymore wrote:
    Any word on another binder box coming out?

Sorry! not heard anything about more binders..-{ :007)
  • Leijo007Leijo007 Posts: 106MI6 Agent
    I think you can fit 55 issues in one box, no?
    Leijo007 wrote:
    I think you can fit 55 issues in one box, no?

I am not so sure!!, because originally the collection was for 40 cars..so it might only be for 20 mags per box??? -{ :007)
  • MiG29 FulcrumMiG29 Fulcrum Lancashire, UKPosts: 37MI6 Agent
    Hello All,
    Just collected the latest addition to the collection - the "Mercedes Benz Binz Ambulance". Here are a few photos of the model.

DhQb0.jpg

navWi.jpg

Issue 95 according to a previous list was supposed to be the decapitated bus from 'Live And Let Die' but inside the back cover of part 94 it states that in part 95 is the "Kawasaki Z900" Motorcycle from 'The Spy Who Loved Me'!

Looks quite good.

;)
  • bill1968bill1968 hollandPosts: 30MI6 Agent
    I got my binderbox 2 numbers back at 60. And yes you can fit 55 numbers in it. At 1 point i had 60 in it and then when i got my second box i putt 55 in there and the rest in this second binderbox. Binz ambulance looks good but i´am very surpriced that they made a change again now from the bus to the z900. But will look anyway i guess
    Hello All,
    Just collected the latest addition to the collection - the "Mercedes Benz Binz Ambulance". Here are a few photos of the model.

DhQb0.jpg

navWi.jpg

Issue 95 according to a previous list was supposed to be the decapitated bus from 'Live And Let Die' but inside the back cover of part 94 it states that in part 95 is the "Kawasaki Z900" Motorcycle from 'The Spy Who Loved Me'!

Looks quite good.

;)

The Merc looks great!!..I prefer the older cars to the newer ones..they have so much more style & shape to them..surprised to see a bike included!!!..It was suggested on these pages long ago!..Maybe JBCC are watching us & taking heed of what we want????...still a fantastic collection!..where will it end??..that is the question!!! -{ :007)
  • cris_19010689cris_19010689 Posts: 138MI6 Agent
    Dokk wrote:
    Hello All,

DhQb0.jpg

navWi.jpg

Looks quite good.

;)

The Merc looks great!!..I prefer the older cars to the newer ones..they have so much more style & shape to them..surprised to see a bike included!!!..It was suggested on these pages long ago!..Maybe JBCC are watching us & taking heed of what we want????...still a fantastic collection!..where will it end??..that is the question!!! -{ :007)

Personally I dont think it should end!! *cue a whole host of people complaining about cost/ display issues again* :p lmao
  • MovieCarFanMovieCarFan Posts: 973MI6 Agent
    edited August 2010
    I think the Binz looks really good too. Initially I thought it was a weird choice but I reckon it's a really impressive looking model in it's own right, regardless of the Bond connection.
    It's interesting that JBCC have moved onto bikes - the Bond Museum in Keswick have several including the TB BSA and the TOMORROW NEVER DIES Beemer so maybe they're coming our way too.

pB3AJ.jpg

vCLG0.jpg

I was just wondering if bike models would be made in scale with the cars - we'll go from huge hearse boxes to tiny bike boxes if they are. :)
    (....)cover of part 94 it states that in part 95 is the "Kawasaki Z900" Motorcycle from 'The Spy Who Loved Me'!

PICTURE PLEASE!!

if it's true to the real one(speaking of dimensions) and they make it good, that's gonna be one awesome dio :D
  • Diecast007Diecast007 Posts: 576MI6 Agent
    edited August 2010
    The mercedes ambulance looks fantastic. The last few models have raised the bar with the collection. It is a fantastic collection and like some would love for it to continue beyond the confirmed 110. Already we are seeing deviation from the list with the introduction of the Kawazaki. I think this collection could still run beyond 110 . GE fabbri would be foolish to cull a regular income such as this in a time when other diecast makers are cancelling models or ranges because there is not enough interest. The bikes added a new dimension to to the cars and if made to scale alongside the cars will be superb.

The Anglia has to be the most disappointing of the collection underlined by the box error and magazine error. But out of 90+ vehicles one lemon is not bad. I have not yet received my letter offering a replacement. Is this something I need to request?

I am looking forward to my next delivery and look forward to many more after that . The collection is fantastic !:D
  • SpectreIslandSpectreIsland spectreislandPosts: 274MI6 Agent
    Would love to see the Bathosub from Diamonds are Forever
  • ArymoreArymore Posts: 27MI6 Agent
    Yeah, I've not received a letter yet re the Anglia...... do I need to phone?
  • ArronaxArronax Florida, USAPosts: 45MI6 Agent
    On June 14 (post 1775), after talking to the publisher (GE Fabbri?), DerekAustralia posted a definitive list of the rest of the range. I’m not questioning the authenticity of Derek’s conversation but so far the “definitive list” differs from what was actually issued three times:

#85 Land Rover Defender [QoS] instead of the Land Rover [Dr. No]
    #93 Osprey Hovercraft [DAD] instead of the Decapitated bus [LALD]
    #95 Kawasaki Motorcycle [TSWLM] instead of the Osprey Hovercraft [DAD]

I have to wonder if we really know what the final list will look like. The Kawasaki wasn’t even on the first list – what did it replace?

It also seems strange because GE Fabbri can’t possibly plan subjects month to month – there has to be some advance planning. There’s also a possibility that Fabbri is choosing some subjects based on the availability of existing tooling at Universal Hobbies. It’s easier to take an existing subject and paint it to meet the Bond requirements (the Ford Anglia?) that make it from scratch.

Jim
  • Diecast007Diecast007 Posts: 576MI6 Agent
    Arronax wrote:
    On June 14 (post 1775), after talking to the publisher (GE Fabbri?), DerekAustralia posted a definitive list of the rest of the range. I’m not questioning the authenticity of Derek’s conversation but so far the “definitive list” differs from what was actually issued three times:

#85 Land Rover Defender [QoS] instead of the Land Rover [Dr. No]
    #93 Osprey Hovercraft [DAD] instead of the Decapitated bus [LALD]
    #95 Kawasaki Motorcycle [TSWLM] instead of the Osprey Hovercraft [DAD]

I have to wonder if we really know what the final list will look like. The Kawasaki wasn’t even on the first list – what did it replace?

It also seems strange because GE Fabbri can’t possibly plan subjects month to month – there has to be some advance planning. There’s also a possibility that Fabbri is choosing some subjects based on the availability of existing tooling at Universal Hobbies. It’s easier to take an existing subject and paint it to meet the Bond requirements (the Ford Anglia?) that make it from scratch.

Jim

I have to agree with Jim here. Some of the models are also IXO so it would makes sense to use existing tooling and this will obviously dictate various model releases.