James Bond Car Collection - Questions and praise

Comments

• DokkDokk Posts: 382MI6 Agent
    Just Rec'd 94 & 95....Luvverly Jubbly!!!! :p -{ :007)
    Hi

I'm still trying to find out if the horse box will come with the Range Rover.The JBCC have not seen it yet so have no idea.

Fingers crossed

Derek

Hi! Derek See post 1890 & 1891.. -{ :007)
  • Diecast007Diecast007 Posts: 576MI6 Agent
    94 and 95 arrived yesterday. Was a bit worried as the box was very bashed however both models and mags were fine. The merc ambulance and the Kawasaki are fantastic and perfect editions to this ever growing collection. It certainly is the definitive collection of bond and bond related vehicles. Both of these issues have raised the bar. The motorbike is great and in the 1/43rd scale so sits nice with the other vehicles. Can't wait for the Chevrolet ambulance in issue 96 ? Who knows what 97 will be, another surprise maybe? Maybe Rolls from goldfinger?

:)
  • rhinomanrhinoman Lancashire, UKPosts: 67MI6 Agent
    Regarding Derekaustralia's question and Dokk's answer about the horse box, it's physically not possible to fit the Range Rover and horse box into any of the current display box sizes. (See my post #1925).

If produced at 1:43 scale, the horse box would be too tall to fit the 'high' box size, the Acrostar plane by itself (#90) fits into the high display box with only 5-6mm to spare. To keep to scale, therefore, the horse box has to be significantly taller / bigger than that and it also has wheels underneath (sorry, that sounds so obvious now I've written it!) ... it would be far too tall. (However, did the real Acrostar ever really fit into the horse box or did they achieve an optical illusion for the film using a fake smaller jet?)

Disregarding the height issue, taking the open top Range Rover + horse box trailer together, I doubt they would fit lengthwise into the 'long box', certainly it would be a very very tight fit.

The only way they could do it would be to cheat a little on the scale of the horse box or to have a whole new size of display box. Or possibly to have 'part' of the horse box physically present and the rest of it in the diorama (would probably look really awful).

Any guesses? I'd love a very large new size display box and have the full scale model of both range rover + trailer ... there are other larger items which could then be included in such a larger display box in the collection e.g. trucks, buses, etc.

It's good to speculate, isn't it!

Cheers,
    Rhinoman B-)

(PS Note to self: Must keep my posts shorter).
  • Rainier WolfcastleRainier Wolfcastle Posts: 484MI6 Agent
    I think we will see the Range Rover after decoupling the trailer, with the horse box just illustrated on the side panel of the background.

I don't think that the horse box will be done at all. Fabbri could have done it with the Acrostar rolling out, but they chose to make only the plane. And the horse box fully closed without the fake horse tail up and the plane inside isn't that spectacular. And with the plane inside and visible it would probably cost too much.

rhinoman wrote:
    However, did the real Acrostar ever really fit into the horse box or did they achieve an optical illusion for the film using a fake smaller jet?
    No, a real Acrostar would not fit inside because its wings do not fold up. Apart from this, the mock-up they used for filming was full size.
    Thanks Rainier, that's useful info, very interesting re Acrostar and think you're probably right re diorama horsebox. Agree that the horsebox model would posibly be a bit boring ... i.e. just a box on wheels if closed up at the back.

By the way, according to the Internet you own a Hummer H1 & a Ferrari F40, so that's pretty good going! ;)

Cheers
    Rhinoman B-)
    I love the way this collection is going, why only a few months back, people were saying it was getting boring & too long !, now we are all hyped up for it again.& we can't wait to see the next model..long may it continue....-{ :007)
  • paulthompsonpaulthompson Posts: 6MI6 Agent
    new to this post, can anyone tell me what is the number of subscription in the uk
    I am a/c no jb000112 does anyone have a higher number.
    new to this post, can anyone tell me what is the number of subscription in the uk

I'm in the 28,000 number range -{ :007)
    I think we will see the Range Rover after decoupling the trailer, with the horse box just illustrated on the side panel of the background.

I don't think that the horse box will be done at all. Fabbri could have done it with the Acrostar rolling out, but they chose to make only the plane. And the horse box fully closed without the fake horse tail up and the plane inside isn't that spectacular. And with the plane inside and visible it would probably cost too much.

rhinoman wrote:
    However, did the real Acrostar ever really fit into the horse box or did they achieve an optical illusion for the film using a fake smaller jet?
    No, a real Acrostar would not fit inside because its wings do not fold up. Apart from this, the mock-up they used for filming was full size.

Hi there, some of you will know there is a couple of diecast makers producing a very nice horse box, Cararama, corgi vanguards etc. I see know reason why the Range Rover could not be produced with the horsebox which in reality is the key part of the issue . Corgi recently produced a Landrover and Horsebox (royal Parks Police Set). The box was a little bigger than the cadillac hearse. As I think i said before maybe the horsebox by itself with the range rover as a picture would be a welcome solution with the acrostar detail. This would lend itself to a subsequent issue with the range rover model and horsebox then in the picture. Any more sneak shots of forthcoming models?
    -{
    Dokk wrote:

is that jb028000 if so that a lot of subs
    iam still to get nos 92/93 & 94/95
    -{
    Dokk wrote:

Yes!..as for your No 92/93 & 94/95..I would fone them asap..& let them know you have not rec'd them -{ :007)
    Dokk wrote:
    -{
    Dokk wrote:

Yes!..as for your No 92/93 & 94/95..I would fone them asap..& let them know you have not rec'd them -{ :007)

i will thanks
    got all 4 issue friday all in one box not happy with this delivery i will have words.
  • MovieCarFanMovieCarFan Posts: 973MI6 Agent
    got all 4 issue friday all in one box not happy with this delivery i will have words.

What was up? Broken cases? Mangled magazines?
    yes crack case and the fact of getting 4 issues at once a long time after other people
    with a higher sub number, and payment taken 3 weeks ago,
    the models and magazines are great, I would like to see an article on the making of the models in the mag ,
    the model I would most like to see is Q branch most secret vehicle from goldfinger
    the red post office van with machines guns in the side as seen in the
    background as bond get his db5 and in the films opening credits.
    yes crack case and the fact of getting 4 issues at once a long time after other people
    with a higher sub number, and payment taken 3 weeks ago,
    the models and magazines are great, I would like to see an article on the making of the models in the mag ,
    the model I would most like to see is Q branch most secret vehicle from goldfinger
    the red post office van with machines guns in the side as seen in the
    background as bond get his db5 and in the films opening credits.
    I often wonder how many models are 'wasted' by JBCC due to insufficient packaging. I've had quite a few arrive with cracked cases, especially the taller cases which don't seem to fit the postal boxes they're sent out in. JBCC have always replaced them without question (which takes 3 weeks) but it's still disappointing to receive them like that. They've always let me keep the damaged models so I now have a small JB 'scrapyard' going on! (Has anybody managed to get hold of replacement cases just by themselves?) Payment-wise, in terms of back issues they always take your money at the point of ordering then make you wait up to 28 days for delivery, so I guess it's the same principle with subscriptions too. Taking payment at the time of posting would be a fairer way of working, I think.
  • cris_19010689cris_19010689 Posts: 138MI6 Agent
    When I first thought about joining the collection, it was at around issue 28 and figured the best way of getting these models was to buy a pre-started collcetion from the wonderful bay of E. I found a suitable set and subsequently bought it but when it arrived, half of the boxes were cracked. I made numerous inquiries to GE fabbri, asking (and offering to pay for) replacement cases. I'm still awaiting a response on that one...
    I sold that set on at a drastic loss and bought another set. Thankfully this time, the cases were unharmed

I think you might have more success if you can find out the supplier of the cases and can maybe buy direct from them?!

As for the pre-payment bit, I think it's to do with cashflow - possibly needing our funds to pay for the production of the next issues? It is a bit annoying but atleast i know when the money has been taken from my bank, that the post lady will be knocking on my door in a few days time :D
  • Gadget MeisterGadget Meister Bicester, OxonPosts: 1,972MI6 Agent
    Hey Cris that's how I started as well, got 1-63 from a collector who'd given up, all in mint for £150, then went from there. Really pleased I did now.
  • cris_19010689cris_19010689 Posts: 138MI6 Agent
    Greetings, yes - i have never once thought of cancelling either. it seems a bit geeky to say it, but i get a slight thrill every time the little brown boxes are delivered
  • CHARLIEHIGSONCHARLIEHIGSON Posts: 3MI6 Agent
    I am looking forward to receiving the remaining models in the collection. So far the collection has been great with some very unusual models. However there has also been a few disappointments, two that spring to mind are the DBS and Alfa Romeo from QofS.The diorama for each depicts a chase scene yet both cars have no drivers. Does anyone else have a different disappointment within the collection so far.
    I am looking forward to receiving the remaining models in the collection. So far the collection has been great with some very unusual models. However there has also been a few disappointments, two that spring to mind are the DBS and Alfa Romeo from QofS.The diorama for each depicts a chase scene yet both cars have no drivers. Does anyone else have a different disappointment within the collection so far.

Generally the collection has been fantastic and recent issues have certainly rejuvenated the series. If any have disappointed it is the lightweight landrover and Ford Anglia. Both are dreadful eaxamples of these vehicles. Adding insult to injury the Anglia had the wrong box and magazine was also subject to an error or two. I have never considered cancelling , I am going to stick with this as it has been worth every penny and hopefully it gets a further extention.
    Diecast007 wrote:

Generally the collection has been fantastic and recent issues have certainly rejuvenated the series. If any have disappointed it is the lightweight landrover and Ford Anglia. Both are dreadful eaxamples of these vehicles. Adding insult to injury the Anglia had the wrong box and magazine was also subject to an error or two. I have never considered cancelling , I am going to stick with this as it has been worth every penny and hopefully it gets a further extention.

As for the Anglia..let's wait till the New Year to see if they correct all the flaws..but like most people I really like this collection(My First!! )..we will just have to wait to see where it all ends. -{ :007)
  • MiG29 FulcrumMiG29 Fulcrum Lancashire, UKPosts: 37MI6 Agent
    edited September 2010
    Diecast007 wrote:

Here here!!
    May this collection continue...
    -{
  • MiG29 FulcrumMiG29 Fulcrum Lancashire, UKPosts: 37MI6 Agent
    Diecast007 wrote:

Here here!!
    May this collection continue...
    -{

Apologies for double post.
    An interesting pic posted on another forum of the JBCC Goldfinger Roller compared to Corgi's version -

QPkwi.jpg

Can't wait for this one, I reckon it might be just a tad popular...... ;)
    The one on the left with the whitewall tyres being the Corgi version, of course. Can't wait!

Cheers
    Rhinoman B-)
    rhinoman wrote:
    The one on the left with the whitewall tyres being the Corgi version, of course. Can't wait!

Cheers
    Rhinoman B-)

The JBCC version appears to be the correct one -

1UPiA.jpg

1V0Mi.jpg

- without watching the film again, did it ever appear at any time with whitewalls and black bonnet? Personally speaking, I think it actually looks slightly better that way!
  • Leijo007Leijo007 Posts: 106MI6 Agent
    QPkwi.jpg

Nice find!