James Bond Car Collection - Questions and praise

Comments

• DokkDokk Posts: 382MI6 Agent
    With regards to the double postings..I find that once I have typed & sent my post, if I back-space out of the forum & then back in it only put one up...-{ :007)
  • Leijo007Leijo007 Posts: 106MI6 Agent
    So the only things changed from this list are issue 93, and the order in which the are released (which isn't a first...)?

090 Acrostar OP
    091 Ford Edge QoS
    092 La Salle Hearse DR NO
    093 Decapitated Bus LALD
    094 Binz Ambulance TB
    095 Osprey 5 Hovercraft DAD
    096 Chevrolet C-10 Ambulance MR
    097 Rolls Royce Phantom GF
    098 Range Rover OP
    099 Rolls Royce Silver Shadow TWINE
    100 Ford Crown Victoria CR
    101 Bondola MR
    102 Ford Consul DN
    103 Rolls Royce Silver Cloud II AVTAK
    104 Zil CR
    105 Ford Country Squire GF
    106 Ford Bronco QoS
    107 Econoline DAF
    108 Rolls Royce Silver Shadow LTK
    109 Chevy Impala Hard-top LALD
    110 DBS (damaged as per film) QoS
  • james John Smythejames John Smythe Station N, Netherlands Posts: 162MI6 Agent
    Leijo007 wrote:
    090 Acrostar OP
    091 Ford Edge QoS
    093 Decapitated Bus LALD
    094 Binz Ambulance TB
    095 Osprey 5 Hovercraft DAD

So that changes in this:

090 Acrostar OP
    091 Ford Edge QoS
    093 Osprey 5 Hovercraft DAD
    094 Binz Ambulance TB
    095 Kawasaki Z900 TSWLM
    (....)
    ;)
    And I'll bet you that they'll change the order of the last 15 models as well. :p
    Off course, imagine what would happen if they'd provide their customers with correct information the first time! :))
  • Diecast007Diecast007 Posts: 576MI6 Agent
    mZrC0.jpg

Found this on Ebay, WOW looks superb . Going by the last six issues (Anglia excluded) the bar has been lifted, I think we are in for a few treats as the collection continues. this roller is superb!
    Meant to say this is made by UH and listed as UH 007 Rolls Royce, not the poorer quality Corgi Toy version
    I find that model, quite awesome..!
    This is what we've been waiting for! Allthough Corgi made a very good one with their Director's cut- version, (wich with a wheel-swap with the Ultimate Edition one looks spot on, except for the black hood) This is just great. Now let's hope they do something original with the diorama, EG at the golf club or at the Airport...
  • BleuvilleBleuville Posts: 384MI6 Agent
    Diecast007 wrote:
    Meant to say this is made by UH and listed as UH 007 Rolls Royce, not the poorer quality Corgi Toy version

As I can't see the picture it sounds like it's the Goldfinger Rolls Royce?

What I'd really like is a model of Draco's blue Rolls Royce Convertible from OHMSS.
    Possibly with George Lazenby and henchman sitting in the back-that would be great !

Bleuville.
    Diecast007 wrote:
    mZrC0.jpg

Found this on Ebay, WOW looks superb . Going by the last six issues (Anglia excluded) the bar has been lifted, I think we are in for a few treats as the collection continues. this roller is superb!

Yep definitely from Goldfinger! A true James bond car almost as famous as the aston and lotus. I think this collection may well have legs beyond the 110 mark. I think the bus from LALD is a must it will be a real shame if this one is overlooked . I would be willing to pay a double issue price for that as size wise its going to be big even at a smaller scale of 1:50. The range rover has got to have the horsebox. In fact the horsebox is the important bit so maybe the horsebox with a background photo of the range rover. GE Fabbri keep them coming!!
  • MovieCarFanMovieCarFan Posts: 973MI6 Agent
    Brilliant! Diecast007 is right, it's great to see another truly classic Bond vehicle included in the range. Can't wait to get this one.

I just got a slightly bigger pic off eBay in which you can see Oddjob more clearly. Just wondering if there might be a figure of Goldfinger in the back of it too??

9i2hS.jpg
    edited August 2010
    Just found this little number too.......

9kWni.jpg

....looks a bit lost in that big box :)
    love the text on the box. compare it to the mini...
    MINI MOKE * LIVE AND LET DIE

KAWAZAKI Z900 MOTORCYCLE WITH SIDECAR * THE SPY WHO LOVED ME
    :))

Looks good so far, love the little rail, gives it a more 3d-feel...
    A closer pic of it -

QdNSi.jpg
    Just found this little number too.......

9kWni.jpg

....looks a bit lost in that big box :)

Two treats in one day! This looks fantastic!
  • ak007ak007 LondonPosts: 343MI6 Agent
    wow these both look amazing! about time well got the bloody roller! and im so glad that they have kept to the 1 43 scale for the bike!
    AllBonds-1.png
  • MiG29 FulcrumMiG29 Fulcrum Lancashire, UKPosts: 37MI6 Agent
    Hi guys,
    I've got to agree with everyone on this, the Roller and the Kawasaki look fantastic!!! Personally, I don't think this collection would be complete WITHOUT a Rolls Royce of some kind being included. Especially Goldfinger's Phantom 3, considering it was one of the main vehicles of the film. Hoping to see more surprizes before the end of the series...
    Keep 'em coming.
  • DokkDokk Posts: 382MI6 Agent
    Hi guys,
    I've got to agree with everyone on this, the Roller and the Kawasaki look fantastic!!! Personally, I don't think this collection would be complete WITHOUT a Rolls Royce of some kind being included. Especially Goldfinger's Phantom 3, considering it was one of the main vehicles of the film. Hoping to see more surprizes before the end of the series...
    Keep 'em coming.

Here! Here! -{ :007)
    Now that they apparently cán make Rolls-Royces, i would kill for a model of Draco's Silver Shadow Convertible, or better still, Bond's hired Silver Shadow in 2 tone from Licence to kill. Something tells me that the Silver Shadow is gonna be there, as they could shorten the mold to make Draco's, and only have to respray it to make TMWTGG's Green Roller, Kristatos' White one, "Bond's" Zilver/blue one or Zukovsky's white one. That's the only car i wouldn't mind having 3/4 times. If they decide not to make it more than once, i'll do it myself... B-)
  • JagJag Posts: 1,167MI6 Agent
    Bettoo7 wrote:
    Thank you derekaustralia and Jag, I'm taking in consideration what you've said. In fact if we know which editions are to be launched we can select those that we like the most. The collection is just begginning around here, so I think it must attract a great number of subscribers in order to be continued till #90 like it happens in Europe. I wish I could buy them in e-Bay, but the transportation would cost more than the miniatures themselves, or it wouldn't? Do you usually buy in e-Bay? Which is the price average? Anyway, I'll keep an eye on the collection and on other opportunities, and, of course, on the messages published here! Thank you all! PS: people, sorry about my English, it isn't very good...

Personally, I am a subscriber, though I think it's high time to finish the collection. The advantage is getting the magazines, though they are not that great and I think I will want to sell/swap them sooner or later. The disadvantage is having to pay for all models rather than just those I like. I noticed that on eBay the models can be found really cheap, but obviously there is also the postage cost, so in the end it would probably cost more or less the same. However, I had issues with some models (or rather the clear plastic cases) arriving cracked. As a subscriber I simply order a replacement. On eBay you might not be so lucky. But I suppose postage from China (where most eBay sellers are) to Brazil will be more costly than it is to Australia. Still, good idea for you to have a look and check the costs before you subscribe. You should probably stick to the subscription until you receive the free gifts!
    Both the Kawasaki and the Rolls are beautiful!

Very curious how the diorama for the Rolls will turn out. Maybe a large one like the hearses and the Binz ambulance again?
    Hi fellow collectors...
    The postman has just brought my Binz Ambulance and this baby. By the way, the next issue, issue 96 is stated to be the Chevrolet C-10 Ambulance from Moonraker. ;)

Hope you like it.

f3iMA.jpg

f3sL9.jpg
    Hi fellow collectors...
    The postman has just brought my Binz Ambulance and this baby. By the way, the next issue, issue 96 is stated to be the Chevrolet C-10 Ambulance from Moonraker. ;)

Hope you like it.

f3iMA.jpg

f3sL9.jpg

Thanks for these photos - the usual source of good quality pics from the Chinese eBay sellers seems to be very thin on the ground these days, so personally speaking they're much appreciated. As a non-subscriber I collect them together in a digital file to choose 'back issues' from. B-)

Thanks for these photos - the usual source of good quality pics from the Chinese eBay sellers seems to be very thin on the ground these days, so personally speaking they're much appreciated. As a non-subscriber I collect them together in a digital file to choose 'back issues' from. B-)

It's my pleasure MovieCarFan. I'm glad to be of some assistance. Will try to get pictures of newly released models on here as soon as I receive any unless someone else puts any on first.

Happy collecting.

-{
  • rhinomanrhinoman Lancashire, UKPosts: 67MI6 Agent
    We have three types of display box (so far!!)- the 'standard box' size used for most models, then the 'high box' same length as standard box but for the tall stuff e.g. Acrostar, Hovercraft and the 'long box' of intermediate height used for the big hearses (which I've been calling a "coffin box"!).

I'm excited about the forthcoming Goldfinger Rolls Royce and having looked at my Corgi Directors Cut version, it's quite a long model at 1:43 (only slightly shorter than the La Salle Hearse) so I think that'll arrive in a 'coffin box' too, and I think the Mercedes Benz Binz ambulance will be also (mine hasn't arrived yet!).

For me, the reason for distinguishing between these three boxes is to try to work out how to display this variety of model box sizes, as all previous designs / measurements / plans for my custom display cabinet are now in the bin ! Also due of course to the fact that we have 110 models in the collection instead of 85, with a number of larger models still to come.

For the record, I measure the boxes at (Wide x Deep x High):
    Std Box - 149mm W x 87mm D x 64mm H
    High Box - 149mm W x 87mm D x 83mm H
    Long Box - 192mm W x 86mm D x 77mm H

For subscribers in other countries who haven't got all these box sizes yet, I thought that might be useful info. I have just noticed that the long box doesn't have the JBCC Model No. stamped underneath (or the 007 logo on top, as previously noted).

This collection just gets better and better, I'm so glad I've stuck with it.

Cheers
    Rhinoman B-)
    rhinoman wrote:
    This collection just gets better and better, I'm so glad I've stuck with it.

Couldn't agree with you more! (Although I never thought of cancelling my subscription, not even once!)
    rhinoman wrote:
    I have just noticed that the long box doesn't have the JBCC Model No. stamped underneath (or the 007 logo on top, as previously noted).

Hi,

Can you clarify how your boxes are stamped underneath with the JBCC model number? I have not seen this on any of my 80 or so models!
    rhinoman wrote:
    I have just noticed that the long box doesn't have the JBCC Model No. stamped underneath (or the 007 logo on top, as previously noted).

Hi,

Can you clarify how your boxes are stamped underneath with the JBCC model number? I have not seen this on any of my 80 or so models!
  • derekaustraliaderekaustralia Posts: 14MI6 Agent
    Hi

I'm still trying to find out if the horse box will come with the Range Rover.The JBCC have not seen it yet so have no idea.

Fingers crossed

Derek
    Jag wrote:
    Hi,

For example, the Aston Martin DBS from QoS has this stamped on the bottom of its base:

UH-2250-P04
    #49 #50

The letters are the same colour as the base (black), they're actually embossed.

You'll find that you come across some numbers a few times, and some numbers will be missing, since they re-use the same bases for different models (e.g. the Daimler Limousine from CR and the Daimler Super Eight from QoS both have the same base as the Aston Martin DBS from QoS). Most of the times the bases are painted differently, but the BMW and the Mercedes from TND both have the exact same base.