James Bond Car Collection - Questions and praise

Comments

• DokkDokk Posts: 382MI6 Agent
    Hi! To all who have not heard anything about replacement Anglia....I would suggest you fone & ask about getting the replacement...-{ :007)
  • pspmpspm Posts: 8MI6 Agent
    Hi, the ambulance is great. Love the Daimler hologram on the box. Not seen that with any other model :)
  • JagJag Posts: 1,167MI6 Agent
    I actually asked Bisset Mags and they said they would send me another folder. Soon after that I received another package, identical with the one sent with the second folder - complete with the model! Considering how many models I received with cracked boxes, I must have about 20 spare models now, as all replacements were complete issues too.
  • Diecast007Diecast007 Posts: 576MI6 Agent
    Jag wrote:
    I actually asked Bisset Mags and they said they would send me another folder. Soon after that I received another package, identical with the one sent with the second folder - complete with the model! Considering how many models I received with cracked boxes, I must have about 20 spare models now, as all replacements were complete issues too.

Well we can't complain about good customer service. i too have had two replacements and again the whole package has been sent. Can anybody give us an accurate list as the definitive list given earlier is now redundant.

Cheers
  • derekaustraliaderekaustralia Posts: 14MI6 Agent
    I’m not questioning the authenticity of Derek’s conversation but so far the “definitive list” differs from what was actually issued three times:

#85 Land Rover Defender [QoS] instead of the Land Rover [Dr. No]
    #93 Osprey Hovercraft [DAD] instead of the Decapitated bus [LALD]
    #95 Kawasaki Motorcycle [TSWLM] instead of the Osprey Hovercraft [DAD]

Im Baffled too.its upsetting but also exciting the list has changed since June. I will chase it up and get some answers .I ll pop back in next week,hopefully have some news where the collection is going.

Derek :007)
  • james John Smythejames John Smythe Station N, Netherlands Posts: 162MI6 Agent
    oops double post
    You're not the first. I had it yesterday, and above. Maybe something with the site?
    I come the the definate conclusion...there is no difinitive list...let it run & see what surprises we get :# -{ :007)
    Ok just got off the phone

the only changes ahead are issue 93 and 95.

The collection again will end at 110.the collection was due to end before but was extended to include the rolls royce releases which will be with us shortly.

the decapitated bus was removed from the collection because of the London bombings and the sensitive nature of the model.well I'm dumbstruck. The collection will remain as the final list after issue 95.

right settled then.....

Derek
    edited August 2010
    The sensitive nature?! I mean, I can see how a london bus with the top blown to pieces and the bottom blackened from smoke could be risque, but a green one from a fictional island? I think people are to focused on things that the might claim as offensive... That's a real shame, the Bus with the top off of it could have been a great model... :#

BTW, I just phoned the ppl in the Netherlands, and what I feared might come true. They have not yet decided to continue after issue 85, so maybe i'll have to go plowing through ebay-sites... On the other hand, the woman on the phone cóuld tell me, that the series is still going very well so there's a above-moderate chance they'll continue if there isn't a sudden drop in subscribers... I'm gonna subscribe another 10 times :))
  • ArronaxArronax Florida, USAPosts: 45MI6 Agent
    Ok just got off the phone

the only changes ahead are issue 93 and 95.

The collection again will end at 110.the collection was due to end before but was extended to include the rolls royce releases which will be with us shortly.

the decapitated bus was removed from the collection because of the London bombings and the sensitive nature of the model.well I'm dumbstruck. The collection will remain as the final list after issue 95.

right settled then.....

Derek
    Thank you, Derek.

About the bus . . . there's also a possiblity that they figured out that it would be too big to fit in a standard size display box.
    edited August 2010
    [what's wrong with the refresh-mode? this is the 3rd time the site didn't seem to respond, an then suddenly places 2 my message 2 times... :(
    Well, I managed to get the 1/36 Corgi one complete with top half in the box of the Leyland with only a 1 mm gap, so it would fit easily in the boxes used for the Hearses and the Ambulance or the Leyland/moonbuggy/landrover/ box without the top... ;)
  • Bettoo7Bettoo7 BrazilPosts: 2MI6 Agent
    Hi everybody! My name is Erasmo (but they call me Beto), I'm from Brazil and I'm a 007 fan! Sometimes I wish I were in UK! This collection arrived here just this year! We are at the edition #9 so it'll take us a loooong time to get everything you have there in UK... we have to be patient meanwhile :#
    Hi Beto

I hope you enjoy collecting this as much as I have.

advice to you is :

Are you sure you have space to display the model collection?

Money, I think its quite an inexpensive collection per model but 110 models is a different story.Can you afford it?

And at the end what will you do with the collection. the collection has been hugely successful so chances are it wont be worth heaps,even with a complete collection and unopened magazines. there are a lot of subscribed collectors.

I hope You Enjoy the Collection.

Hi! Beto!, & Welcome to the start of a fantastic collection...you have a long & expensive journey ahead, but stick to it & you will enjoy all the varied cars & things....again ! welcome!!. -{ :007)
  • JagJag Posts: 1,167MI6 Agent
    Hi Beto

I hope you enjoy collecting this as much as I have.

advice to you is :

Are you sure you have space to display the model collection?

Money, I think its quite an inexpensive collection per model but 110 models is a different story.Can you afford it?

And at the end what will you do with the collection. the collection has been hugely successful so chances are it wont be worth heaps,even with a complete collection and unopened magazines. there are a lot of subscribed collectors.

I hope You Enjoy the Collection.

I totally agree with derekaustralia. Brazil (and perhaps some other countries) may be behind the UK (and even Australia), but it does have some advantages. When subscribing to this collection I was expecting 40 models, then 80 or so, now it's going to be almost 3 times the original number... At least Brazilian collectors may decide if they want to subscribe knowing a much more realistic number of items. I am going to stick to my subscription, as not many models are left and most of them promise to be nice, however if I was in Brazil I would be just snatching selected models from eBay. They might come without the magazines, but the mags are not that great anyway.

As for the value of the collection, judging from prices on eBay (usually lower than the official subscrition price!), we will have to wait 20 years or so at least so see the models appreciating value. You will have to make sure that during this time nothing goes missing, scratched, broken off, or otherwise damaged. But then it may be worth it - it is unlikely that such a huge collection will ever be repeated, and even the competing Minichamps Bond collection is unlikely to ever produce so many. I expect that the models unpopular now may be then worth quite a bit, while the usual Bond vehicles (Lotus Esprit, Aston Martin, Little Nellie) will probably not be worth as much.
  • ArymoreArymore Posts: 27MI6 Agent
    Can't see how you can fit the bottom of a bus in the same length box as the herses to be honest. The bus has got to be at least double the length if they are the same scale. But I'm not a bus or herse spotter so I could be wrong..... Shame it wont feature though.:)
    Arymore wrote:
    Can't see how you can fit the bottom of a bus in the same length box as the herses to be honest. The bus has got to be at least double the length if they are the same scale. But I'm not a bus or herse spotter so I could be wrong..... Shame it wont feature though.:)

It's a pretty lame excuse,not to include it....I mean to put it down to the London bombings...I was looking forward to the bus,as an alternative to the cars. -{ :007)
    edited August 2010
    Well, I managed to get the 1/36 Corgi one complete with top half in the box of the Leyland with only a 1 mm gap, so it would fit easily in the boxes used for the Hearses and the Ambulance or the Leyland/moonbuggy/landrover/ box without the top... ;)

I don't think the Corgi LALD bus is 1/35th scale . . it's more like 1/76th so the 1/43 scale bus would be 8-9 inches long.

Jim
  • CHARLIEHIGSONCHARLIEHIGSON Posts: 3MI6 Agent
    Just wanted to correct a couple of errors by moviecar fan and arronax ( are you both really james bond fans ? )

The beemer motorcycle appeared in Tomorrow Never Dies not Die Another Day

The decapitated bus was from Live and Let Die
    Just wanted to correct a couple of errors by moviecar fan and arronax ( are you both really james bond fans ? )

;%
  • MANDY1MANDY1 TISPosts: 2,608MI6 Agent
    edited August 2010

Cheers for the corrections, but i think most of all knew it already B-)

Btw, What's the definition of a James Bond fan? :v

Sorry for being a smart arse, but i don't think there's no need to question
    no one's devotion, what comes to Bondness.
    Knowing who to trust is Everything in this business.

TIS - "The moment you think you got it figured - you're wrong"

Formerly known as Teppo
    edited August 2010

These double posts are becoming annoying!
    In #98 (Unconfirmed) do you think we will be getting the horse-box along with the Range Rover???.. -{ :007)
  • Rainier WolfcastleRainier Wolfcastle Posts: 484MI6 Agent
    Dokk wrote:
    do you think we will be getting the horse-box along with the Range Rover???.. -{ :007)

I am absolutely certain that we will get the horse-box - as a background illustration :p
  • Bettoo7Bettoo7 BrazilPosts: 2MI6 Agent
    Thank you derekaustralia and Jag, I'm taking in consideration what you've said. In fact if we know which editions are to be launched we can select those that we like the most. The collection is just begginning around here, so I think it must attract a great number of subscribers in order to be continued till #90 like it happens in Europe. I wish I could buy them in e-Bay, but the transportation would cost more than the miniatures themselves, or it wouldn't? Do you usually buy in e-Bay? Which is the price average? Anyway, I'll keep an eye on the collection and on other opportunities, and, of course, on the messages published here! Thank you all! PS: people, sorry about my English, it isn't very good...
  • MovieCarFanMovieCarFan Posts: 973MI6 Agent

As the name and id pic imply I'm a fan of notable cars featured in movies, including Bond movies, so with many apologies I must confess to not being a total Bond anorak or a great fan of bikes, hence the unforgivable slip-up. I shall await the trapdoor to open and drop me into a tank of piranhas!!! :))
    I shall await the trapdoor to open and drop me into a tank of piranhas!!! :))
    Well, a man with a '68 Mustang GT390 alloy as a pic can be forgiven anything :)) ;)
  • MovieCarFanMovieCarFan Posts: 973MI6 Agent
    I shall await the trapdoor to open and drop me into a tank of piranhas!!! :))
    Well, a man with a '68 Mustang GT390 alloy as a pic can be forgiven anything :)) ;)

Many thanks! I never was very good at swimming and being eaten at the same time......... :s (Error corrected btw)
    Bettoo7 wrote:
    sorry about my English, it isn't very good...

There's no need to say sorry, it's quite good, I think i can speak for all other members when I say that ;)