The Madagascar Shirt - the deal

Comments

• Head of SectionHead of Section Northern NJPosts: 204MI6 Agent
    Wow... I sure have a lot to catch up on when I don't check this thread for a little while! ;)

Any predictions regarding delivery? Think we'll have them for the summer?
    "Resurrection."
  • TALLMANTALLMAN Cornwall, United KingdomPosts: 69MI6 Agent
    The summer? I thought we were close to getting them sent out to everybody?
  • JimboBondJimboBond Lake Mary, FLPosts: 89MI6 Agent
    how much is the shirt?
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    These are near to shipping I believe so unless it's going by tabbi-cat delivery it will be there before the summer...:)
  • ke02ewwke02eww USPosts: 2,063MI6 Agent
    that's right Mantis, thx for stepping in..

i'm going to the shirtmaker 2mrw hopefully to finalize/collect the 2nd batch of shirts..

if your's isn't in this batch (or the first batch) then only sruzgar knows why :)

(sry Si, but i can't take any more of this....)

why 2mrw?...cos it's a holiday and I'm hoping it'll be quiet (ie only one us bank and less than a dozen uk banks will go bust...)

i'll try to post an update 2mrw night...

cheers
  • Monza860Monza860 USPosts: 501MI6 Agent
    Will the second batch have the correct buttons?
    Away at Boot Camp, won't be back until April the earliest.

http://s274.photobucket.com/albums/jj258/monza860/
    quick update...

I picked up the second batch of shirts today.

I want to go through them, and make sure I'm happy with them.

I'm aiming to try to get them parcelled up for posting by the end of the week. I'm travelling this week so it will be difficult but I'll do my best.

At least we're moving with this project.

I also need to check who remains left to pay.

I'll be Pm'ing them to remind.

Cheers Paul
  • Head of SectionHead of Section Northern NJPosts: 204MI6 Agent
    Well I know I have said it before, but I want to extend a huge thanks to the folks who have put this project together. I know it took a LOT of stressed nerves to get to this point, but lets all try to remember the shirts wouldn't even exist if not for the initiative and perserverance of all those involved. So again, BIG THANKS guys!

{[]
    "Resurrection."
    further update....

i've been through half the shirts (checking measurements, buttons, matching patterns, etc... :s

thought you might like to see what 25 shirts look like...

NB we don't have all the shirts yet, so please don't assume yours is in this group...it may be, and if it is, i'm planning to send them all out asap....next week looking likely.

DSC01633.jpg
  • LOO7K OUTLOO7K OUT United KingdomPosts: 474MI6 Agent
    edited January 2009
    Drool - they look amazing!

{[]

Duncan
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    edited January 2009
    That may be the coolest looking picture on this entire board!!! {[]
    thx guys...

now i thought it might be a good idea to remind everyone the difference between the buttons..

buttoncomparison.jpg

the one on the left is the correct button...

cheers
  • Donald GrantDonald Grant U.S.A.Posts: 2,241Quartermasters
    That picture looks fantastic. Can't wait to get one. Who's better than you?

DG
    So, what sharp little eyes you've got...wait till you get to my teeth.
    image_zps6a725e59.jpg
    "People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." Richard Grenier after George Orwell, Washington Times 1993.
  • Monza860Monza860 USPosts: 501MI6 Agent
    Very Nice!
    Away at Boot Camp, won't be back until April the earliest.

http://s274.photobucket.com/albums/jj258/monza860/

DG

But DG, it's only a pair of buttons ....

:)
  • Donald GrantDonald Grant U.S.A.Posts: 2,241Quartermasters
    ke02eww wrote:

DG

But DG, it's only a pair of buttons ....

:)

That made me chuckle, or is it chortle? Too funny.

DG
    So, what sharp little eyes you've got...wait till you get to my teeth.
    image_zps6a725e59.jpg
    "People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." Richard Grenier after George Orwell, Washington Times 1993.
  • Shatterhand67Shatterhand67 Safe HousePosts: 424MI6 Agent
    Paul,

What's up with the buttons? I thought the hold up was the buttons but now the buttons are not correct? Are buttons still coming at a later date as previously stated? Please clarify. Thanks!
    "I musht be dreaming."
  • sruzgarsruzgar Welcome to ScotlandPosts: 1,468MI6 Agent
    I spoke to paul on the phone last night for about 30 seconds as he was extremely busy going through all of these shirts to make sure everything was just right, excellent QA!

I think at this point we have had more shirts made than CR ;%

We are working on the buttons but ask that you be patient ;-)
  • InkedInked Posts: 61MI6 Agent
    Thanks again for all the hard work guys, that shot of all the shirts is great! Can't wait to receive mine.
    Are we waiting for those who have yet to pay for their shirt to pay up before deliveries commence or are those who have already paid going to recieve their shirts as and when everything is ready?
    Thanks for all the hard work.
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,489MI6 Agent
    TALLMAN wrote:
    Are we waiting for those who have yet to pay for their shirt to pay up before deliveries commence or are those who have already paid going to recieve their shirts as and when everything is ready?
    Thanks for all the hard work.

I'm sure that those who have paid are not going to have their shirts held as hostage until everyone pays up. I wouldn't worry about that ;)
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
    I would be suprised, yes, I was just clarifying really. I sometimes I dont visit this for a while, and boom! Everything happens. Like the recent pic. I have probably missed updates occasionally.
    no still aiming at getting things sent off early next week.

no hostage situations...

but i might name and shame.. :)

cheers
    edited January 2009
    Sorry Paul. I may not have taken the short bus to school but I'm still confused as to what is going on with the buttons.

The reason I say this is you let us know that there was a button issue that would delay the shirts (which I am fine with). I believe those that wanted to take delivery would be sent their shirts and the correct buttons would be sent at a later date if they so desired.

I'm in no hurry to get the shirt (Winter in Wisconsin) and I am one of those that had responded that I was perfectly willing to wait for the proper buttons to become available (nothing has changed...I'm still happy to wait). I just figured I'd rather wait and have it done right the first time than have to go through the added expense of having a tailor replace the buttons at a later date.

My question is: have the correct buttons gone the way of the dodo bird, never to be seen again or are we still waiting for them to become available?

If either Paul or Simon could chirp in on this question that would be great.

Thanks!
    "I musht be dreaming."
  • sruzgarsruzgar Welcome to ScotlandPosts: 1,468MI6 Agent
    We are currently working on getting the correct buttons made.
    edited January 2009
    OK. Thanks for the update Simon. I'll continue to wait until the buttons are ready. As I said, I'd rather save the added expense of having the tailor replace the buttons. This was my previous response but the updates have been brief and not exactly to the point so I didn't know what to read into them. I thought that maybe the buttons were not going to be available for whatever reason and a substitute was being used.

No problem. I'll just throw down a few more Vespers while I wait. -{ -{ -{
    "I musht be dreaming."
    sruzgar wrote:
    I spoke to paul on the phone last night for about 30 seconds as he was extremely busy going through all of these shirts to make sure everything was just right, excellent QA!

We are working on the buttons but ask that you be patient ;-)

sry sh67, if i was unclear, but there are often so many points on this thread it's hard to answer them all.

i tgt simon had made this clear......so i focussed on the other issue of hostage situations......

btw, thx, i'm so rarely accused of being brief.... :)

summary of whr we are;

1. we hv abt 25 shirts made
    2. They are individually tailored,
    3. The tailor ran out of buttons (even though i asked them to buy enough for 50 shirts)
    4. They located the alternative buttons (pic above)
    5. Some shirts hv the correct buttons as they wr made before problem was noticed.
    6. I tgt it best to wait until rest of shirts wr at least certain to be made/fitted before sending others out.
    7. Tht gave everyone chance to decide if they'd prefer to wait for correct buttons.
    8. I think i hv a list of those tht wd prefer to wait, but i'll pm each of you seperately wv wht i think uv indicated before posting.
    9. Simon is scouring the universe for the correct buttons. He is normally good (best on here?) at finding things
    10. But thr are no guarantees and we live in hope.
    In case we never find them all shirts hv buttons on.
    11 if we locate them the tailor has agreed to replace them.

i hope this helps
    Paul,

As the late Eartha Kitt would say, "Purrrrrrrrfect, Batman!"

Thanks for the update!
    "I musht be dreaming."
  • Dracos_OculistDracos_Oculist Posts: 24MI6 Agent
    Something arrived in the post today...

original buttons as well...

I am on holiday in Africa from next week, I'll post some snaps when I return!

Thanks to Paul and Simon for their patience and fortitude