The Madagascar Shirt - the deal

Comments

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,685Chief of Staff
    Got mine today too :D

It's a perfect fit and looks stunning !

An extreemly huge thank you to all involved in this - you have done yourselves very proud.

Drinks all round, gentlemen -{
    YNWA 97
  • ke02ewwke02eww USPosts: 2,063MI6 Agent
    Hi James...

email me please...let's look into the email traffic and sort this out....

For the absence of doubt, no one is being hung out to dry here.

If there are issues, as I fully expect there to be (the dread i mentioned earlier..) then we'll attempt to sort them, in an adult fashion.

Those who have been part of this project will be aware that every attempt has been made to ensure measurements have been preserved accurately.

Hence the final email to each of you with the measurements used to make your shirt, PRIOR to posting.

Mr White, as you've not been involved in the project, you couldn't have known that.

Inevitably, there will have been errors, gremlins will have crept through, and we fully expect to have to try to sort them out.

Can I ask that anyone not fully happy with their shirt email or pm me privately so I can try to offer some solace.

I suspect there will be some idle onlookers rejoicing in the moans of dissappointment voiced on the thread....

Every accident attracts rubberneckers.

But the great majority of souls on AJB are genuine and fairminded, and have made this project worth the agony.

Cheers Paul
  • sruzgarsruzgar Welcome to ScotlandPosts: 1,468MI6 Agent
    Just to reiterate what paul said we made every attemp to check/doublecheck measurements before and after tsh shirts were made but inevitably errors will occur.

PM Paul and or myself and we will try to resolve any issues.

Thanks
    Simon
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,334MI6 Agent
    edited February 2009
    Got mine!

shirt.jpg

Pocket (and down the middle) line up perfectly.

pocket2.jpg

buttons.jpg

Fits great. And thanks for going the extra mile on shipping. Excellent work, gentlemen.
  • Head of SectionHead of Section Northern NJPosts: 204MI6 Agent
    Just got mine as well! (Still trying to work up the nerve to try it on! Talk about an inspiration to hit the gym!) And the pockets line up perfectly as well.

THANKS GUYS!! GREAT JOB!!
    "Resurrection."
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Joe, yours doesn't exist until we have seen a pic of you wearing it AND it's your new facebook avatar.
  • ddbl007ddbl007 USPosts: 46MI6 Agent
    Duuuuude!

I got mine today and it is awesome! Fits perfectly. As soon as I got to work I put it on and strutted around the office like a true JB geek!
    Nice!

Will post pics as soon as I can find the right kind of crane...

Massive thanks again to all involved for making this happen.

Dave.
  • TALLMANTALLMAN Cornwall, United KingdomPosts: 69MI6 Agent
    An apology to Simon, the problem with my shirt is due to an inaccurate measurement by ME so massive apology for not pointing this out more clearly. My shirt is NOT for sale as I am now hopeful of sorting somthing out and would not sell anyway because it breaches the sell on agreement, so again big apology for that aswell. Great pics from the rest of you who got your shirt and big thank you for those who have put in the time, money and effort to get this project off the ground.
  • Head of SectionHead of Section Northern NJPosts: 204MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    Joe, yours doesn't exist until we have seen a pic of you wearing it AND it's your new facebook avatar.

You gotta give me a few weeks/months in the gym before I can do that! ;)
    "Resurrection."
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent Here and there...Posts: 61MI6 Agent
    Maybe it would be more interesting to post photos of you wearing the shirt, rather than the shirt alone. The shirt pics were seen here many times.

Of course, you can crop your head off if you wish. {:)

It's just a suggestion...
  • InkedInked Posts: 61MI6 Agent
    Here's one of the shirt being worn, sorry about the quality but pic was taken by my wife with my phone.

photo-1.jpg
  • sruzgarsruzgar Welcome to ScotlandPosts: 1,468MI6 Agent
    Excellent picture and now your screen name makes sense too {[]
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    sruzgar wrote:
    Excellent picture and now your screen name makes sense too {[]

Wow, Scotsmen know wit :007)

Sorry, just missing that idiot Bondtoys.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
    TALLMAN wrote:
    An apology to Simon, the problem with my shirt is due to an inaccurate measurement by ME so massive apology for not pointing this out more clearly. My shirt is NOT for sale as I am now hopeful of sorting somthing out and would not sell anyway because it breaches the sell on agreement, so again big apology for that aswell. Great pics from the rest of you who got your shirt and big thank you for those who have put in the time, money and effort to get this project off the ground.

Thx James...this is very honest and honourable of you...

A lot of effort went into getting the measurements right, and in spite of Simons lack of computer skills ( :) ) I think we got most right..

As discussed privately, we'll do our utmost to sort ur shirt...

Now, so far we're a bit light on pics...

Inked's looks great, so the part... u need beige trousers to finish it but that shirt was made for ya...what does the wife think?...

I heard back yesterday that some US shirts had been held at customs, but were being dealt with...

otherwise, i suspect we have a several more to members yet to announce their successful arrival...

cheers Paul
  • InkedInked Posts: 61MI6 Agent
    edited February 2009
    Cheers, I will endevour to get a photo this weekend with the correct colour trousers (and my planet ocean)

Since seeing the shirt in the flesh, the Wife no longer regards it as such a waste of money as she first did, and has certainly started to appreciate just how much work has gone into getting it so accurate to the original.
    Inked wrote:
    Cheers, I will endevour to get a photo this weekend with the correct colour trousers (and my planet ocean)

Since seeing the shirt in the flesh, the Wife no longer regards it as such a waste of money as she first did, and has certainly started to appreciate just how much work has gone into getting it so accurate to the original.

i like ur wife.... :)
  • Donald GrantDonald Grant U.S.A.Posts: 2,241Quartermasters
    Got my shirt today. Fits like it should. Patterns match up correctly on seams. I'm quite pleased. It was worth the long wait. Enjoy the pictures:

DSCF0838-1-2.jpg

DSCF0837-2-1.jpg

DG
    So, what sharp little eyes you've got...wait till you get to my teeth.
    image_zps6a725e59.jpg
    "People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." Richard Grenier after George Orwell, Washington Times 1993.
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Awsome pix! The shoes, the gun, the watch...thay are all there! Hell, I can almost smell the Pinauds shampoo from here!
    Mantis,

Thanks. Cheated a bit on the watch. I don't own the PO yet, but it's on my list. The watch is actually one of my Rolex Submariners on a crocodile strap. It does work for the photograph though.

DG
    image_zps6a725e59.jpg
    "People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." Richard Grenier after George Orwell, Washington Times 1993.
  • SpectreIslandSpectreIsland spectreislandPosts: 274MI6 Agent
    To all those that purchased the Madagascar shirt, if interested Rittenhouse Archives recently released swatches of the real shirt worn by Daniel Craig from their James Bond in Motion Trading Card set. They’re available on Ebay. The card is Bond in Motion TC05 numbered to 650 pieces. It’s embedded with three swatches of fabric, the Madagascar shirt, the gray undershirt and the pants. It would make a nice companion piece to the shirt.

Here is a link to an image of the card:

http://i4.ebayimg.com/03/i/001/2e/7d/95e8_1.JPG
    Great pics DG.....that shirt was made for you...

in fact, if DC ever needs a(nother) body double....(neck down of course... :) )

More pics!
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,334MI6 Agent
    Anyone else seeing DGs pic twice? (Looks great on, DG, I just don't see more than the one pic duplicated.)
    Anyone else seeing DGs pic twice? (Looks great on, DG, I just don't see more than the one pic duplicated.)

DG's from New York.....so good he showed it twice?.. :)

Actually, they are different pics...

take a look at the lower right (as you look at the pic) corner of the shirt...they are slightly different, implying these were action shots as he moved towards the camera-person...

More pics guys...
    ke02eww wrote:

DG's from New York.....so good he showed it twice?.. :)

Actually, they are different pics...

take a look at the lower right (as you look at the pic) corner of the shirt...they are slightly different, implying these were action shots as he moved towards the camera-person...

More pics guys...

Yep, they are two different pictures. Where are the pictures of other peoples shirts? I thought there would be a whole bunch by now. Come on guys, let us see them.

DG
    image_zps6a725e59.jpg
    ah, DG, I felt sure you'd just reply with ur catch phrase :)

BTW, pwalsh9012 asked me to post this for him...

paulwalsh.jpg

says his car likes the shirt too...
  • urhashurhash USPosts: 984MI6 Agent
    :o
  • trs007trs007 AmericaPosts: 102MI6 Agent
    Ok, to someone who has a)followed this thread with some interest, and b) might want to get a shirt without reading through 76 pages of posts to find out how:

1. Shirt cost--how much
    2. Buttons--will they be correct if ordering now
    3. Time to get a shirt and delivery--window

Thank you. Going to Goldeneye this July and this shirt would be quite the attire for the tour.
    trs007 wrote:
    Ok, to someone who has a)followed this thread with some interest, and b) might want to get a shirt without reading through 76 pages of posts to find out how:

1. Shirt cost--how much $320
    2. Buttons--will they be correct if ordering now
    Sruzgar is in charge of the buttons, so i'll let him opine.
    3. Time to get a shirt and delivery--window it'll take about a week from giving your measurements to completion. Then it's up to the postal service.

• HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Asp9mm wrote:
    Sorry, just missing that idiot Bondtoys.

Don't feel too safe, Asp9mm, I have temporarily access to the net.

Paul, the pics of my shirt are on my camera and I have to find a way to load them up, but it does not work with the iphone.

You get pics latest after my return.

Im the meantime: Behave guys! ;)

-{
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • TALLMANTALLMAN Cornwall, United KingdomPosts: 69MI6 Agent
    Wow that looks perfect. Excellent.