The Madagascar Shirt - the deal

Comments

• ZanderZander Posts: 6MI6 Agent
    Bondtoys wrote:
    :o o-oh, not only that Asp9mm has a long history with messing up with the girls here on the board, now he's having quarrellings with the male part of the community as well :D

...and just for the info Zander, I am the German, that everybody is bashing at. :007)

dammit, texas007 was faster! What kind of shirt have you been ordering by the way?

I take back what I said... ;%

Is it too late for me to claim that what I said was in defense of Bondtoys? :))

And assuming I haven't been stepping on too many toes, I *think* I should have a shirt with French cuffs on order just like everybody's German friend! :p
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    no french cuffs for me,

and nobody defends me here, so, noone would believe you this :#
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    Hi Zander, I was purely taking a jab at that idiot Bondtoys. I wasn't mocking your decision at all as I considered a long sleeve version too. Bondtoys has the sartorial elligance of a bunch of colour blind turtles. I could easily see him ordering a full suit, shirt and tie in this material, and even then he'd wear a black belt and brown penny loafers with it 8-)
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • ke02ewwke02eww USPosts: 2,063MI6 Agent
    hey guys....
    THIS ISN'T THE "WATCH"-OUT-FROM-BEHIND thread.....we all get along nicely in this thread!...:D
    Now sorry been slow to reply, but as i stated, I've been travelling...

Firstly, Zander, I thought ur idea was so interesting i felt it worthy of discussion....
    trust ASP9mm to put his foot in it (trying to be funny....guess it's time to hang up the Tommy Cooper costume Jono...)

secondly, we're almost there....
    there are three people who still havn't given me their tel nos...i've pm'd and emailed them...

I plan to get my postage guy to get these all off together (with the exception of those that have requested we keep the shirt until the correct buttons have been located..)

cheers Paul
  • ZanderZander Posts: 6MI6 Agent
    Thank you for the clarification, Jonathan and ke02eww, and I really must apologize for being so hasty in taking offence! The community spirit and camaraderie here is just really impressive, especially since I've gotten used to other gear-communities (that shall not be named) whose members are the complete opposite of you guys!

And thanks ke02eww for the heads up, although now that you mention it, a full suit doesn't sound like all that bad an idea! :D
    :o it seems like I have found my lost brother -{

• TALLMANTALLMAN Cornwall, United KingdomPosts: 69MI6 Agent
    Come on you remaining 3 get your details in! I'm looking forward to seeing pics of everyone in their shirts!
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    You and me both....I suspect once these are shipped out there will be a flurry of excitement again around this thread.
  • KronosKronos Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    Hey, I just joined the site and have been following the Madagascar shirt process...Im guessing I am too late to apply for one? If NOT how much are they running? and, if SO where on earth did you find the pattern? Thanks
  • Donald GrantDonald Grant U.S.A.Posts: 2,241Quartermasters
    When I got home today, there was a salmon colored postal slip waiting for me. I suspect this was for the shirt. Tomorrow will tell the tale. Can't wait.

DG
    So, what sharp little eyes you've got...wait till you get to my teeth.
    image_zps6a725e59.jpg
    "People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." Richard Grenier after George Orwell, Washington Times 1993.
  • Coldheart96Coldheart96 Florida , USAPosts: 203MI6 Agent
    Does this mean they now being shipped?
    Bond: "Who would spend $1 million to kill me?"
    M: "Jealous husbands. Outraged chefs. Humiliated tailors. The list is endless!"
    quick update...

no, they are not being shipped YET...

I have booked the morning off for the shipper to come and collect the shirts, box them all up and they will be posted MONDAY...

sorry DG, that looks like Santa not me...

but in both cases, better late than never.. :)

anyway, I sincerely hope all are happy....

in all other instances, I've left for South American to join the ranks of war criminals and other bad guys...

However, for those who still want to buy a shirt, we've cleared all the originals, and so the shirtmaker is clear to rattle these off rapidly...

also, Simon has located the buttons and we're in the process of getting them made...but I'll leave Simon to fill you in on that..

cheers Paul
  • Donald GrantDonald Grant U.S.A.Posts: 2,241Quartermasters
    Glad about the buttons.

The slip was for another Bond related item. I did not think it would come until next month! Hint, it's very old and related to Bond's origins. Been after it for a very long time, since I first became aware of Bond. It is so damn cool, I feel like I hit the lottery.

DG
    So, what sharp little eyes you've got...wait till you get to my teeth.
    image_zps6a725e59.jpg
    "People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." Richard Grenier after George Orwell, Washington Times 1993.
    quick update on way to work

All the shirts have been picked up to be posted today (hopefully) by a trusted source.

Just a few points;

1) Those who don't have the correct buttons please be patient....we're very hopeful of getting them very soon...and you'll be posted plenty to allow for losses etc....

2) Every effort has been made to make sure these fit the measurements you gave Simon.
    The key measurements are the Chest and the collar size (though why anyone would want to do it up... :) )

3) The lining up of these shirts is much much better than the originals. Of course no pattern as complex as this can be lined up perfectly, and I think many have noticed slight imperfections on the film shirts.

4) Before anyone spots that their shirt is different from one of the pictures or screenshots from the film, remember there were 50 of these shirts made for the film (though not all for DC) and no two were alike, as has been discussed elsewhere on the thread.

5) So yours will be unique, although very similar to the commonly posted pictures from the film, in terms of sweep of the the pattern and angle of motif.

6) I'd give it a few days to reach you, especially those in australia etc...
    Those in the UK may get theirs by Wednesday...but please be patient..

I'll contact the delivery guys 2nite to ensure they all went, and will post another update.

Why do I feel dread in my tummy?....
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    That "dread" is excitement and an eagerness to please your fellow collector, and we appreciate that trait about you!
  • texas007texas007 Houston, Texas 77041Posts: 2,350MI6 Agent
    Once again thank you Paul for all your hardwork. We appreciate every bits of it.
    missed them 2nite...

i was in the dentist, having shared a sticky desert with Bondtoys an hour earlier...

by the time i could move my left cheek again, they'd gone home..

however, having heard nothing from them since giving them the shirts, I presuming we have ligt off...

another update 2mrw..

cheers
  • Shatterhand67Shatterhand67 Safe HousePosts: 424MI6 Agent
    edited February 2009
    ?:)
    "I musht be dreaming."
    edited February 2009
    another quick update....

shirts all went today, and i'm told, will be delievered tomorrow in UK, and probably Friday in US.

Could even be sooner....

I am very excited about everyone getting theres in hand and please let me know when you do.

Please also remember we expect a kind of photo log of everyone in their shirts at one point. Who will be the first to post? Who will be the most creative?

Cheers Paul
  • ddbl007ddbl007 USPosts: 46MI6 Agent
    I was planning on marrying mine up with Ted Baker trousers & Sunspel tshirt and jumping off a crane for my picture!
    ;)
    ddbl007 wrote:
    I was planning on marrying mine up with Ted Baker trousers & Sunspel tshirt and jumping off a crane for my picture!
    ;)

that's going to take some beating...
    but make sure it's the correct crane...
    anyone know the make?...
    ke02eww wrote:
    missed them 2nite...

i was in the dentist, having shared a sticky desert with Bondtoys an hour earlier...

by the time i could move my left cheek again, they'd gone home..

however, having heard nothing from them since giving them the shirts, I presuming we have ligt off...

another update 2mrw..

cheers

Hey guys I'm in Hk but can't upload pics with the iPhone.
    the Maddy shirt fits like a glove!!

Paul thanks again, was great meeting you up. I think, that the german food is still at the restaurant??

I am now heading off to Phuket. James bond island tomorrow!

Greets

Hey bondtoys...

glad u like the shirt....post pics (or send them to my email/fone) asap...

and yes, as we left we both forgot the food....

i was already late for dentist and was anxious wht she'd do when i turned up covered in sticky toffee!...

i went back yesterday and they'd already thrown it out, saying they tgt we'd forgotten abt it.. :(

gutted...
  • InkedInked Posts: 61MI6 Agent
    Received mine today (just got back from picking it up from my Parents house).

Looks absolutely fantastic, and fits great (just need to do some weights to beef up the biceps so that I can fill the sleeves a bit more)

Really pleased with it and my thanks goes out to everyone involved with getting the shirts made and delivered!

Here's a quick pick on the hanger, will post one of it being worn later.

photo.jpg

Cheers again
    Vince
  • sruzgarsruzgar Welcome to ScotlandPosts: 1,468MI6 Agent
    edited February 2009
    Excellent picture, can't wait to see some more!

After all the hard work piled into this project I still dont have mine ;)

The buttons are in the process of being made and will post an update when I have more info.

Cheers
    Simon
    Inked wrote:
    Received mine today (just got back from picking it up from my Parents house).

Looks absolutely fantastic, and fits great (just need to do some weights to beef up the biceps so that I can fill the sleeves a bit more)

Really pleased with it and my thanks goes out to everyone involved with getting the shirts made and delivered!

Here's a quick pick on the hanger, will post one of it being worn later.

photo.jpg

Cheers again
    Vince

Thx Vince, so pleased you like it....

so, the first has arrived....

i felt certain other UK postings would arrive today too...

Can't wait to see actual "worn" pics...

maybe we shoudl have a competition?...

How about a photo contest, ala jamesBondLifestyle?..

in fact perhaps Remmert would judge it for us?...

I have an idea for a prize for the best pic...

So far my money is on the full DC look climbing a crane...

Anyway, I may start a new thread on this is there's enough interest...

Keep the pics coming..

Paul
  • texas007texas007 Houston, Texas 77041Posts: 2,350MI6 Agent
    edited February 2009
    Got my shirt also - pretty fast considering I am in Houston, Texas!
    Thank you Paul!
    Picture will follow soon, may be over the weekend - I am in the office buried with work :(

*Edit*
    Tried it on and it is a perfect fit !!!
    The material & cuts are first class - A+++
    {[]
    Got mine too, it's too small I'm afraid. If anyone is interested in taking mine off my hands, then PM me. It won't be going cheap but it should fit anyone who would normally take a medium in standard sizes.
  • Mr WhiteMr White Posts: 21MI6 Agent
    Did they screw that up or was it an error on your part? If it was their mistake, you should be able to return it and have a replacement made at no extra charge or else get a reduction in what you paid for it.
    i'm not sure but its way too small