The Madagascar Shirt - the deal

1373839404143»

Comments

• sruzgarsruzgar Welcome to ScotlandPosts: 1,468MI6 Agent
    Magnoli Clothiers makes a "replica" the originals might still be available if your interested?
  • THA-NATURALTHA-NATURAL Washington State, USPosts: 11MI6 Agent
    drum007 wrote:
    I was wondering if any of these madagascar shirts were still available? I do realize that it's six months past the last post on this particular subject. Being a full time college student it took me awhile to save up a good amount of money because I don't know how much they cost.

Thanks

Magnoli Clothiers makes it:

http://www.magnoliclothiers.com/madagascar-shirt-shirts-p-221.html

That is awesome!!!! Thanks a lot i've been trying to find this damn shirt forever.
  • PhilmenPhilmen Posts: 4MI6 Agent
    Hello everybody !

Is the shirt still avaible for an order ?

I saw the one from Magnoliclothiers, but i don't know if it a good quality ? I'm looking for a perfect one.

Hope it's not to late !
  • EagleEagle UKPosts: 261MI6 Agent
    Philmen wrote:
    I saw the one from Magnoliclothiers, but i don't know if it a good quality ?
    I bought one recently and, yes, it's good quality. I can't compare it to this one but it does the job very nicely for the money.
    Thank you eagle, where is the shop located ?
    Philmen wrote:
    Thank you eagle, where is the shop located ?
    It's in Italy I think...
    It seems to be in New Zealand... That's really far !

Nobody had troubles with the shipping ?
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Mag is in New Zealand...
    Lol, is it? :))

Can't say it concerned me, really. Their reputation is fine. :)
    And what about the tailored shirts made by some members of the forum?

Is it still avaible ? If yes i would like to order one as soon as possible, thank you.
  • BlazenblazeBlazenblaze USAPosts: 55MI6 Agent
    What is the best method for cleaning these shirts?

Are they Dry Clean only?

If they can be washed in a washing machine how so? Also, how have they held up in the wash after a few washes? Is there any wear or color fade that people have noticed?
    My Magnoli's been through a 40 deg wash without issue.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    Came across this thread, wow what a project and what great people onboard here.

Now I wished I had found this forum earlier, would have killed for this shirt, guess the material is well gone!!!!!!! :#
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • BLU8BLU8 Ontario, CanadaPosts: 418MI6 Agent
    edited January 2011
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Came across this thread, wow what a project and what great people onboard here.

Now I wished I had found this forum earlier, would have killed for this shirt, guess the material is well gone!!!!!!! :#

Magnoli can create a made-to-measure replica for you: http://www.magnoliclothiers.com/madagascar-shirt-shirts-p-221.html
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,331MI6 Agent
    The recent shirt that came up for sale caused me to revisit this thread. What a time! And what perseverance and teamwork! And after all the early drama about cost, I can't even remember what price was landed on without looking it up :))

Proud to still have this item in my collection.
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    The recent shirt that came up for sale caused me to revisit this thread. What a time! And what perseverance and teamwork! And after all the early drama about cost, I can't even remember what price was landed on without looking it up :))

Proud to still have this item in my collection.

I missed the original run but through Nico came up lucky. It was always a little big tho so never wore it. A good friend offered me a slightly smaller one which fits MTM. So now Justin (hopefully this morning) will receive his and I have a better fitting one I will wear...
    Great but really important to me that these treasured items stay within the forum.
    My policy is not to sell for profit as I have been lucky enough to acquire items from members (who I now class as good friends) such as Paul and Steve, in the same non profit good heartedness. Credit to the nature (of most) on here!
    M
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
    Sorry for resurrecting, but is my memory slipping or did we have our names on the insides of these things when they were made? Or was that an idea that was floated and discarded?
    Went through the closet the other day, fun stuff.
    IMG_9846.jpg
  • texas007texas007 Houston, Texas 77041Posts: 2,350MI6 Agent
    No names - the shirts are unmarked
    Sorry for resurrecting, but is my memory slipping or did we have our names on the insides of these things when they were made? Or was that an idea that was floated and discarded?