The Madagascar Shirt - the deal

Comments

• redsleighdownredsleighdown USAPosts: 450MI6 Agent
    Still waiting for buttons. But don't worry mantis, you'll be the first to know when my shirt arrives.
  • ke02ewwke02eww USPosts: 2,063MI6 Agent
    In honour of the new site I thought an update was appropriate (actually it's nothing to do with the upgrade...I'd love to blame SiCo for the delay in replacing the dammed buttons, but sadly I can't.. :s )

Anyway, the buttons have finally arrived at the shirtmakers....

they have been busy with other projects, and so I doubt it mattered much that we had to practically invade China to get these things, but I'm told they are now able to deal with buttons and new shirts.

The couple of you who sent your shirt back for alteration, don't worry, the completed item will be sent back with the correct buttons now.

I already have a couple of new orders, but I'd like to get some more so please give it serious thought and pm me or sruzgar.

If anyone's interested I could post a pic of the buttons (old and new) for comparison...

cheers Paul
  • Donald GrantDonald Grant U.S.A.Posts: 2,241Quartermasters
    Paul,

Thanks for the update. Can't wait for the new buttons.

DG
    So, what sharp little eyes you've got...wait till you get to my teeth.
    image_zps6a725e59.jpg
    "People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." Richard Grenier after George Orwell, Washington Times 1993.
  • Coldheart96Coldheart96 Florida , USAPosts: 203MI6 Agent
    Forgive me if this has been answered before. For those of us who have already received the shirts with the other buttons, will the new ones be shipped of us or are there other special arrangements that should be made?
    Bond: "Who would spend $1 million to kill me?"
    M: "Jealous husbands. Outraged chefs. Humiliated tailors. The list is endless!"
  • godhandgodhand Posts: 6MI6 Agent
    Sorry but I've just joined the this site and I'd like to get hold of one of these shirts, is it still possible to order one?????:#

How much are they and how long will it take to be made?
  • UpyJediUpyJedi London,UKPosts: 126MI6 Agent
    Ditto. Let me know too pls!-{
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    If anyone is interested in a shirt i would PM or email ke02eww.
    ke02eww wrote:
    In honour of the new site I thought an update was appropriate (actually it's nothing to do with the upgrade...I'd love to blame SiCo for the delay in replacing the dammed buttons, but sadly I can't.. :s )

they have been busy with other projects, and so I doubt it mattered much that we had to practically invade China to get these things, but I'm told they are now able to deal with buttons and new shirts.

The couple of you who sent your shirt back for alteration, don't worry, the completed item will be sent back with the correct buttons now.

I already have a couple of new orders, but I'd like to get some more so please give it serious thought and pm me or sruzgar.

If anyone's interested I could post a pic of the buttons (old and new) for comparison...

cheers Paul

I omitted to mention that anyone who has a shirt with old, incorrect buttons, will be sent correct ones and instructions on how to sew :)
  • sailorsaturnsailorsaturn Posts: 15MI6 Agent
    Looks like im super late to the party; can I buy one of these shirts? ^_^
  • transitator007transitator007 United StatesPosts: 8MI6 Agent
    I'd also be interested in getting one
  • LockeLocke Posts: 2MI6 Agent
    Like Mantis said, PM ke02eww and he'll let you know what to do.
  • texas007texas007 Houston, Texas 77041Posts: 2,350MI6 Agent
    ke02eww,
    Any updates from the shirtmakers?
    When are the correct buttons going to be shipped out to those who previously got the shirt with the wrong buttons?
    Thank you for all your effort on this project -{
    ke02eww wrote:
    ke02eww wrote:

cheers Paul

I omitted to mention that anyone who has a shirt with old, incorrect buttons, will be sent correct ones and instructions on how to sew :)
  • OracabessaOracabessa Barrington, Rhode Island, USAPosts: 88MI6 Agent
    I see Indy Magnoli has a version of the Madagascar shirt. What do people think of his version?
  • ElvisElvis CanadaPosts: 38MI6 Agent
    Oracabessa wrote:
    I see Indy Magnoli has a version of the Madagascar shirt. What do people think of his version?

It seems like a good alternative for those who couldn't afford the other version. Magnoli's work and quality is very good.
    I asked because I hadn't noticed it (Indy's version) before, though I see from other threads that it's been around for a while and because I'm a bit late (2 years??) to jump in on the shirt project here.
  • texas007texas007 Houston, Texas 77041Posts: 2,350MI6 Agent
    edited July 2009
    You are not late - Paul (ke02eww) is still taking orders. Just PM him. -{
    Oracabessa wrote:
    I asked because I hadn't noticed it (Indy's version) before, though I see from other threads that it's been around for a while and because I'm a bit late (2 years??) to jump in on the shirt project here.
    texas007 wrote:
    You are not late - Paul (ke02eww) is still taking orders. Just PM him. -{

Really? I thought it was way too late. Thanks. I'll ask him!
  • EagleEagle UKPosts: 261MI6 Agent
    Paul, you have PM...
    Hoping to get the buttons posted to everyone this weekend..

if anyone has changed address since they got their shirt please pm me urgently..

cheers

PS if anyone needs spares pls just PM me...
    I will take a spare (I assume you mean shirt)...wore mine this past friday to work...sort of a last summer hurrah!
    The Mantis wrote:
    I will take a spare (I assume you mean shirt)...wore mine this past friday to work...sort of a last summer hurrah!

actually I meant buttons, but if anyone needs a shirt let me know....

and, of course......PICS!....
  • jared_nomakjared_nomak Posts: 1,942MI6 Agent
    Hi

Are these shirts still avalible and what is the cost

Thanks
    Ross
    PM me
    More pics of the shirt in action...me with our very own SRUZGAR in the Dominique Greene-like shirt.

44866312.jpg

86907414.jpg
  • Monza860Monza860 USPosts: 501MI6 Agent
    So that's what you look like :D
    Away at Boot Camp, won't be back until April the earliest.

http://s274.photobucket.com/albums/jj258/monza860/
  • Mister WhiteMister White The NetherlandsPosts: 814MI6 Agent
    Well, we all knew what Mantis looked like. But it's nice to see Simon for a change... :D
    "Christ, I miss the Cold War."
    OK, I know when I have been over-exposed. I guess I am the Paris Hilton of Bond Collectors...;)
  • chenopupchenopup Posts: 13MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    OK, I know when I have been over-exposed. I guess I am the Paris Hilton of Bond Collectors...;)

All you need now, Mantis is lettering on the shirt that says "That's Hot!"

:)
  • Shatterhand67Shatterhand67 Safe HousePosts: 424MI6 Agent
    edited September 2009
    chenopup wrote:
    The Mantis wrote:

All you need now, Mantis is lettering on the shirt that says "That's Hot!"

:)

Hear, hear!

Here's some other Paris quotes for Mantis:

1) “Every woman should have four pets in her life. A mink in her closet, a jaguar in her garage, a tiger in her bed, and a jackass who pays for everything.”

2) “The way I see it, you should live everyday like its your birthday”

Ahhh, the wit and wisdom of an heiress.

I think Simon will be living everyday like it's HIS birthday after that most stupendous of birthday gifts. As Paris would say, "It was...like...you know...the BEST...birthday present...EVER."

Congrats and a happy belated birthday!
    "I musht be dreaming."
  • THA-NATURALTHA-NATURAL Washington State, USPosts: 11MI6 Agent
    I was wondering if any of these madagascar shirts were still available? I do realize that it's six months past the last post on this particular subject. Being a full time college student it took me awhile to save up a good amount of money because I don't know how much they cost.

Thanks
  • drum007drum007 New York, NYPosts: 684MI6 Agent
    I was wondering if any of these madagascar shirts were still available? I do realize that it's six months past the last post on this particular subject. Being a full time college student it took me awhile to save up a good amount of money because I don't know how much they cost.

Thanks

Magnoli Clothiers makes it:

http://www.magnoliclothiers.com/madagascar-shirt-shirts-p-221.html