The Madagascar Shirt - the deal

Comments

• Coldheart96Coldheart96 Florida , USAPosts: 203MI6 Agent
    edited November 2007
    Greetings all,

I've been watching from the shadows for some time now and feel it's time I add my 2 cents, if you'll allow me. My assessment of this endeavor to date: This is a worthwhile effort on the part of some very loyal collectors/fans. I have seen the cost of this shirt batted about from $200 - $400 and back again. IMHO, If the material is the "real deal" and the tailoring is guaranteed, then the price is justified. After all, a Brioni custom made shirt begins around $375, the last time I looked. In fact, I would consider buying one myself. Anyway, thanks for allowing me to add to the discussion. I'm new to the site but have been following it for some time.
    Bond: "Who would spend $1 million to kill me?"
    M: "Jealous husbands. Outraged chefs. Humiliated tailors. The list is endless!"
  • sruzgarsruzgar Welcome to ScotlandPosts: 1,468MI6 Agent
    AMDB9,

Good luck brother stay safe!

Simon
    Have we reached a financial consensus on this matter? Is the project going forward? Anything I can do to assist?
  • TALLMANTALLMAN Cornwall, United KingdomPosts: 69MI6 Agent
    I am still very much up for a shirt. Despite the cost this is most probably a once in a lifetime opportunity so everyone who could afford a shirt or potentially could afford one, get your name down. A very well done to everyone concerned on this project.
  • ke02ewwke02eww USPosts: 2,063MI6 Agent
    I've been travelling, and our contact at the material supplier has been on vaca, hence little new news..

suspect there could be news this week...

will post if anything....

in the meantime thx for the commitment....

Paul
  • EagleEagle UKPosts: 261MI6 Agent
    Cool, thanks. :)
  • mikef37mikef37 Posts: 4MI6 Agent
    hi..shorry for being late..honneymoon dragged..lol

Please note my interest at $200..

M.
  • ke02ewwke02eww USPosts: 2,063MI6 Agent
    edited January 2008
    Well almost a month since my last post on this worthy project (humble apols, but as I feared, our contact's vacation, then xmas/new year all conspired to slow us to a standstill) I've a little good news; {:)

she sent me an invoice (that was the bad news..) :o

but with a swatch of the actual material;
    before ordering, I wanted to give everyone the chance to check it, verify, validate, and authenticate.....

'cos once it's ordered, I won't want to be debating it's authenticity... :o

so please can as many interested parties check these pics and let me know what they think.

my camera doesn't do the swatch justice, as the background is more blue/grey than grey....but it's identical to the pics i've seen, esp these.

the swatch is actually the section on DC's left (or your right) collar bone...i've tried to cut out the section, and if necessary, will try draw rings, arrows etc, but there wasn't time 2nite..

IMGA0189.jpg

and
    the actual photo of DC in the shirt (presumed I couldn't show it here...)

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h160/pw86/omegabond5.jpg

and the insets..

omegabond5_edited.jpgIMGA0189_edited.jpgomegabond5_edited_swatch.jpg

cheers Paul
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,331MI6 Agent
    Wow!

I'm still in.
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    :o:o:o:o

Go, man go! Dead on.
  • sruzgarsruzgar Welcome to ScotlandPosts: 1,468MI6 Agent
    Without a doubt this is the correct material. Im down for one possibly two
    Perfect!!!! Nicely done, Paul. As the saying goes: "In for a penny..in for a pound". AKA...I'm still in. Cheers
  • texas007texas007 Houston, Texas 77041Posts: 2,350MI6 Agent
    Dead on! - I am still in!
  • Donald GrantDonald Grant U.S.A.Posts: 2,241Quartermasters
    Yep, looks perfect to me. I'm still in too.

DG
    So, what sharp little eyes you've got...wait till you get to my teeth.
    image_zps6a725e59.jpg
    "People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." Richard Grenier after George Orwell, Washington Times 1993.
  • JB1962JB1962 USAPosts: 194MI6 Agent
    It looks good to me. I'm still in as well.
  • Head of SectionHead of Section Northern NJPosts: 204MI6 Agent
    Wow! That's amazing!

Yep. I'm in !
    "Resurrection."
  • KittlemeierKittlemeier U.S.Posts: 432MI6 Agent
    Yeah my wife's gonna kill me if she finds out.
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,992Quartermasters
    Wow...can't not do it...

I'm in @ $200 for one.

Nice work, gentlemen B-)
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • David SchofieldDavid Schofield EnglandPosts: 1,528MI6 Agent
    Looks VERY authentic!

With you all the way!
  • SpookSpook Germany/Austria/SwitzerlandPosts: 23MI6 Agent
    edited January 2008
    Wow! :o I just found this after a kind notification by the Bond Lifestyle website. Congratulations to this great achievement!

While everyone seems to agree on the $200 price I do not know whether you are still interested in lower commitments? ?:)

I am definitely very interested in this shirt but I will not spend more than US$ 100,- including fabric and making. If the price should ever drop to that 100 mark you can count me in, maybe I would even buy two of the shirts then.

If it stays 200 I guess I simply will have to envy you. X-(
  • DEVONKNIGHTDEVONKNIGHT CanadaPosts: 100MI6 Agent
    I'm still in at $200!
  • Red IndianRed Indian BostonPosts: 427MI6 Agent
    Nice work, I'm in!
  • The FrogmanThe Frogman shark reefPosts: 8MI6 Agent
    look sharp i'm in
  • TALLMANTALLMAN Cornwall, United KingdomPosts: 69MI6 Agent
    Oh yes I am still very much in. Great work.
  • cherokee12cherokee12 Posts: 21MI6 Agent
    Hi there,
    I'm new to this forum. Allow my first post to be a firm commitment to this endeavor @$450 and perhaps even 2 @$200 as well as thanks & congrats to all you who made the effort to get this going + everyone who signed up to make it possible.
    {[] Surely a first in prop collecting history!
    Warm regards to all
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    REALLY happy so many have joined us from the word of mouth marketing that is being done around this project...Paul and Simon will receive an appropriate statue in the Bond Hall of Fame when this is finished!
  • ddbl007ddbl007 USPosts: 46MI6 Agent
    Oh you'd better believe that I'm in on this!

Dave.
  • Mikep99Mikep99 Posts: 104MI6 Agent
    Being that I just jumped on a Omega Planet Ocean I would have to dimiss this thread. Nevertheless, after seeing the picture of the fabric I love what I see. However, I am in at a lower price. I would consider US $200 a shirt, would be in FOR SURE @ US $100 a shirt.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,620Chief of Staff
    Sterling work gentlemen !

At $200 I'm in - if the final price is significantly higher I'd need to re-think - but, Bond, collecting and thinking just don't go :))
    YNWA 97
  • matthewarmitagematthewarmitage Posts: 37MI6 Agent
    Agents wow what a excellent Operation.. Count me in for one possibly two.. depending on the procurement costing. Just hope the war chest can do it!!

Thanks go to the operations room.. Splendid job gentlemen{[]