New ajb007 - Overview

Comments

• SiCoSiCo EnglandPosts: 1,371M
    chrisno1 wrote:
    Am I being dumb - quite possibly! - where's the fan fiction gone?
    lost in the ether p'haps?
    i dont have any issues with the revamp, quite good i thought

It's on it's way back, just got some work to do before it returns. Definitely not gone! :D
    Simon
    Ditch some of the grey, including grey squares, change to yellow or pastel or something
    Lengthy dates eg 2nd October, just 2 Oct is good, and we don't need the time to the very second surely. It's TMI.

I have changed both formats, removed the seconds and set it to use short months. Obviously May is still May so you won't notice immediately! However you can make your own personal date and time setup in your profile under settings. - What you have asked for is however now the default.
    I don't like having to log in everytime I reply then go back to reply (I know you can set it up so you log in for good, maybe I'll do that, dunno).

This is harder and I will get to it asap, I hadn't realised it was used. I will have to make an addition to the forum to do it. I am sorry about the inconvenience.
    Simon
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    edited May 2009
    SiCo wrote:
    Mr Martini wrote:
    I have one more question to. I just noticed the spoiler function.
    Test Test Test Test
    While it works, the white backround stays white when your trying to read the spoiler. White letter with white backround makes it harder to read. BTW, yes I highlight the box to read the spoiler, it's still hard to read though.

It's not meant to be white for a start it's something I've overlooked in the styling department! - I am going to make it the same colours as it was.

I have changed it now how's that?

Actually the spoilers are visible now. It's like the [/spoiler] isn't used. Post 57, should show you.
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    I have 2 things on my wish list:

- as thee is no spell check, I'd prefer, if the message "edited by ....." would be blocked for the first 5 minutes after posting the comment. Thus, not all messages from me will be flagged as being deleted....

- The "new posts function" is a very good feature, but I'd prefer, if it could be only reset, when I have actually been reading these new posts. Now, on every visit - no matter which posts I read - the "new posts function is completetly reset.

With new pms, I don't get the notification as previously, will this be fixed?
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Mr Martini wrote:
    Actually the spoilers are visible now. It's like the [/spoiler] isn't used. Post 57, should show you.

It's a display error refresh the page holding down ctrl. It need to draw in the new styles file. - Unfortunately it's your browser being helpful, which ordinarily is ok until I make changes!!
    Simon
    Bondtoys wrote:
    - as thee is no spell check, I'd prefer, if the message "edited by ....." would be blocked for the first 5 minutes after posting the comment. Thus, not all messages from me will be flagged as being deleted....

I don't fully understand this? Why would your posts be marked for deletion? Are you saying the post is locked and you can't edit it? - Can you clarify.
    Bondtoys wrote:
    - The "new posts function" is a very good feature, but I'd prefer, if it could be only reset, when I have actually been reading these new posts. Now, on every visit - no matter which posts I read - the "new posts function is completetly reset.

I am working on this but it's more of a long term project.
    Bondtoys wrote:
    With new pms, I don't get the notification as previously, will this be fixed?

Again yes this is a longer term project though as I will be putting a lot of work in to the PM system.
    Simon
    SiCo wrote:
    Mr Martini wrote:

It's a display error refresh the page holding down ctrl. It need to draw in the new styles file. - Unfortunately it's your browser being helpful, which ordinarily is ok until I make changes!!

Ok. My browser (or my computer) won't let me do this. I'm using Firefox on a Mac running version 10.3.9. I'll play around with my settings and stuff and figure it out. Unless someone knows how to use Firefox.
    edited May 2009
    Hmmmm. Just playing around here. I switched to Safari and the Spoiler function works. I just need to clearr my cookies somehow in Firefox. If anyone can give me a hand please by way of PM I'd appreciate it. Remember I'm on a Mac (if that makes a difference.)

*Edit. I don't know what I did. but I fixed it. Help no longer needed.
    SiCo wrote:
    Bondtoys wrote:

I don't fully understand this? Why would your posts be marked for deletion? Are you saying the post is locked and you can't edit it? - Can you clarify.
    sorry for my crap english :D....

When I am writing a post , I re-read it and often find mistakes.
    When I edit it, it will get immediately flagged to be edited.

I am member on another forum, where edits on posts within the first 10 minutes are not flagged.

Hope, that this was not so wookie ;)

• Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    Bondtoys wrote:
    SiCo wrote:
    Bondtoys wrote:

sorry for my crap english :D....

When I am writing a post , I re-read it and often find mistakes.
    When I edit it, it will get immediately flagged to be edited.

I am member on another forum, where edits on posts within the first 10 minutes are not flagged.

Hope, that this was not so wookie ;)

To translate from Wookiee... When you post and then read it and notice a spelling mistake, you then edit the post and it shows in the post that it has been edited. Bondtoys is so crap at spelling that all of his posts would be marked as edited. He would therefore like a 5 minute respite after he has posted to re-edit his post without it being shown as edited.

This is a good idea, and the old site had this feature, otherwise most posts would be shown as being edited.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
    8-) thats exactly what I have said, so why do you bcc me? :D

I am not sure, how "old" old means for you, the last site version flagged edited posts immediately, too.

All done, it is currently set for 5 minutes. I may reduce the limit to 3 minutes, we will see how we get on. Please test it and let me know :D
    Simon
    SiCo wrote:
    All done, it is currently set for 5 minutes. I may reduce the limit to 3 minutes, we will see how we get on. Please test it and let me know :D

Here's a test.

Throwing in th edit about 2 minutes later.
    edited May 2009
    test
    edited after 2 min.
    edited after 3 mins
    edited after 4 mins
    edited after 5 mins
    edited after 6 min.

• 007craigfanatic007craigfanatic Perla De Las Dunas hotel-QoSPosts: 4MI6 Agent
    Hi.
    I just joined this site.
    I like it, and all, and I don't mean to offend anyone, but the basic white on black is a little 'depressing'.
    The one other thing, is I would like an avatar gallery.
    Daniel Craig is the best Bond. EVER. PERIOD.
    welcome to AJB007, 007craigfanatic.

Unfortunately pink was voted off, so, I hope, we stay with "depressing" black :D

Hi.
    I just joined this site.
    I like it, and all, and I don't mean to offend anyone, but the basic white on black is a little 'depressing'.
    The one other thing, is I would like an avatar gallery.

The colours aren't changing people like it! I think you will be dramatically over ruled! As for the avatar gallery it's on it's way, slightly more important things to do first.
    Simon
  • 84208420 Posts: 721MI6 Agent
    I love this theme! I love the color black on any forum to be honest I even have it on my own forum. ;%
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    SiCo wrote:
    It gives me a headache... :#

I'm sorry to hear that, it's the last thing I want! What exactly and I can work towards fixing it. All the old links were underlined too. Which are causing the problems?

Nothing too bad. It's just like it's stretching my brain...

Isn't the grey too grey or something?

Sorry Nap, but that photo stretches my brain too - in the wrong way :))

I do agree with it being too grey though (I think the lighter shades of grey are distracting) and I'm trying not to 'not' like it - as I'm sure once some of the graphics are back it will have some of the old AJB feel about it again, but it also seems very 'boxy' if that makes sense - and that I think is what makes it harder to read.

However, I will wait until everything is finished first - and I do appreciate the time Si has put into this.

Just my opinion...... {:)
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    I want my signature panel back. I feel all naked without it and Bondtoys keeps staring at me :o Purely selfish want of course, but I want :D

Asp9mmSIG-1-1.jpg
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
    I am starring at you because I am amazed, that someone can produce hot air about guns in 2096 posts till now.
    It's like a car accident: It's ugly but everyone takes a look. 8-)

Has nothing to do with your infantile signature panel, which noone really understands ;)

• ke02ewwke02eww USPosts: 2,063MI6 Agent
    Monique wrote:
    I'm sorry, but I really hate it. I thought the old site had a lot more personality. I loved the alternating colors, and now the grey bars where our names are seem so generic. Having been here for almost 7 years, I realize change is hard, and will take getting used to, but this is just really a bummer to me.

I'm sorry SiCo, but I'm with Monique on this...

there is no GREY in GREAT....

yet this colour scheme seems to grate on me... :s
    Asp9mm wrote:
    I want my signature panel back. I feel all naked without it and Bondtoys keeps staring at me :o Purely selfish want of course, but I want :D

There is a signature panel in your profile.
    Simon
    ke02eww wrote:
    Monique wrote:
    I'm sorry, but I really hate it. I thought the old site had a lot more personality. I loved the alternating colors, and now the grey bars where our names are seem so generic. Having been here for almost 7 years, I realize change is hard, and will take getting used to, but this is just really a bummer to me.

I'm sorry SiCo, but I'm with Monique on this...

there is no GREY in GREAT....

yet this colour scheme seems to grate on me... :s

I will get on changing the grey as it's obviously disliked so much! Hang around a bit longer and see what happens!
    Simon
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    We've gone black! Does that mean we'll never go back? :D
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,990Quartermasters
    I confess I do like the 'all black' look better...it's more like the old, comfy AJB :)
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    I'm with Mo and NP on this ... trying very hard to get on with the new AJB but its just not happening :#

Really dont like the light grey boxes when quoting others. Just blends into one, especially if there are multiple quotes.

Also, the signatures and top of the next post are all ther same clolour so they they blend as well.

Maybe its an age thing. Us old timers dont like change very much. I get annoyed when my washing powder becomes 'new and improved' too .. :))
    Hello SiCo,

how can I put my banner to my signature:

http://www.bondtoys.de/ebaybilder/banner.gif

Before the update, when clicking on the banner, the user has been forwarded to my webpage:

http://www.bondtoys.de/index.php?SELECTEDISO=UK

Thanks for help!

• TonyDPTonyDP Inside the MonolithPosts: 4,281MI6 Agent
    Here's a display issue I've been running into: for every post, there is a dashed line (ie:
    ) that goes across the entire screen; it appears right above the links for the poster's website, PM and Email. Depending on the length of the post, the dashed line sometimes goes right thru a line of text, making it hard to read. Not sure if that makes sense or not; the dashed line also makes it confusing for me as to where one post ends and another starts (a case of too many horizontal lines in each post). Maybe it could be removed as it really doesn't seem to serve any function and doesn't look particularly attractive.
  • 84208420 Posts: 721MI6 Agent
    The CR forum is somehow open Why isn't it locked?