New ajb007 - Overview

Comments

• NightshooterNightshooter In bed with SolitairePosts: 2,917MI6 Agent
    My avatar didn't carry over, and now I'm trying to put a new one in, but I'm having a lot of trouble keeping it under the 10KB limit. Can't this be raised?
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    My avatar didn't carry over, and now I'm trying to put a new one in, but I'm having a lot of trouble keeping it under the 10KB limit. Can't this be raised?

Oh man. I like my current avatar, but was hoping we could have it raised to 100x100 (is 150x150 asking too much?)?
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    [
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • MoniqueMonique USAPosts: 696MI6 Agent
    I can't get my old avatar to work either...sigh. I am happy the light grey bars are gone where our names are though. Thanks Si.
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,990Quartermasters
    Monique wrote:
    I can't get my old avatar to work either...sigh. I am happy the light grey bars are gone where our names are though. Thanks Si.

We've gotta get your Playboy cover back, Mo! :x

I was able to reload my old "Craig from Layer Cake" avatar...but it looked a bit grainier than I liked...so I converted this picture of Fleming, which is my favourite of him B-) I think it suits me better :v
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    I couldn't even find my old avatar on the net so I had to settle for another Christopher Walken picture lol. Anyway, the new site seems good, although it's gonna take some getting used to, but that's cool. Looking forward to the favourite films section returning. Nice work
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
  • ilove pierceilove pierce Posts: 224MI6 Agent
    Haven't been back in a few months but I do like this quick reply. Though some of the smilies seemed squased, not sure if it is just the parmaters about the message box or what, but just an fyi.

Off to continue exploring now.

Si, I've been running a forum for the softball team I coach and somewhat modelled it off of ajb. Thumbs up for your hard work!! I know what goes into one of these now!!! {[]
  • SiCoSiCo EnglandPosts: 1,371M
    Lady Rose wrote:
    I'm with Mo and NP on this ... trying very hard to get on with the new AJB but its just not happening :#

Really dont like the light grey boxes when quoting others. Just blends into one, especially if there are multiple quotes.

Also, the signatures and top of the next post are all ther same clolour so they they blend as well.

Maybe its an age thing. Us old timers dont like change very much. I get annoyed when my washing powder becomes 'new and improved' too .. :))

The light grey boxes when quoting? They aren't that light! - Any darker and you won't see the difference. Are they still annoying?

The idea with the signature colour change was to highlight the text of the message rather than the signature itself. I personally prefer this but am open to peoples opinions.

I'm not claiming to be all that new and improved;) I admit there are problems, I'm trying. Keep posting your thoughts otherwise I will never know about them!
    Simon
    Bondtoys wrote:
    Hello SiCo,

how can I put my banner to my signature:

http://www.bondtoys.de/ebaybilder/banner.gif

Before the update, when clicking on the banner, the user has been forwarded to my webpage:

http://www.bondtoys.de/index.php?SELECTEDISO=UK

Thanks for help!

I'm working on this but there seems to be a huge bug in the site. I have turned it on and messed with your signature but all I see is <image> with a link to the image instead of the banner. Can anyone else confirm this?
    Simon
    TonyDP wrote:
    Here's a display issue I've been running into: for every post, there is a dashed line (ie:
    ) that goes across the entire screen; it appears right above the links for the poster's website, PM and Email. Depending on the length of the post, the dashed line sometimes goes right thru a line of text, making it hard to read. Not sure if that makes sense or not; the dashed line also makes it confusing for me as to where one post ends and another starts (a case of too many horizontal lines in each post). Maybe it could be removed as it really doesn't seem to serve any function and doesn't look particularly attractive.

Can you tell me which browser you are using (Is it IE 6?), I have had a few reports of this and am trying to pin it down and get it sorted. I believe it's a misplaced line from somewhere else on the post!
    Simon
    8420 wrote:
    The CR forum is somehow open Why isn't it locked?

It should now be locked.
    Simon

I am working on the whole avatar situation, please put up with it for now! - If you want your old one back I can get it. If you need help email me the original image and your username and I will tie the two together.
    Simon
    Mr Martini wrote:
    Oh man. I like my current avatar, but was hoping we could have it raised to 100x100 (is 150x150 asking too much?)?

Avatars are staying the size they are for now.
    Monique wrote:

All you have to do is ask, I can't help if no one asks! Please find your avatar back beneath your name. - Again I have all old avatars if you want them back post here or PM me.
    Jarvio wrote:
    I couldn't even find my old avatar on the net so I had to settle for another Christopher Walken picture lol. Anyway, the new site seems good, although it's gonna take some getting used to, but that's cool. Looking forward to the favourite films section returning. Nice work

As above do you want your old avatar? I should still have it and can hopefully get it back for you.
    Simon
    Haven't been back in a few months but I do like this quick reply. Though some of the smilies seemed squased, not sure if it is just the parmaters about the message box or what, but just an fyi.

Off to continue exploring now.

Si, I've been running a forum for the softball team I coach and somewhat modelled it off of ajb. Thumbs up for your hard work!! I know what goes into one of these now!!! {[]

The smilies issue is because they are designed for 16 * 16 icons to be displayed above the post box. Some of the old ajb icons are bigger and therefore get squashed. It's not exactly high priority but I will look into it.

As for the forum thanks for the thumbs up, as you know the todo list never seems to end :D
    Simon
    Sorry about all the replies, at the time it seemed like a good idea! - I have hopefully answered everyone and added things to do to my list so as before keep with me and I can't stress enough, PM or post if you have issue with something. If I am not aware I can't do anything about it.
    Simon
    SiCo wrote:
    As for the forum thanks for the thumbs up, as you know the todo list never seems to end :D

Nooooo kidding!!!
    SiCo wrote:
    Bondtoys wrote:
    Hello SiCo,

Before the update, when clicking on the banner, the user has been forwarded to my webpage:

Thanks for help!

I'm working on this but there seems to be a huge bug in the site. I have turned it on and messed with your signature but all I see is <image> with a link to the image instead of the banner. Can anyone else confirm this?

I see the same thing Si. I clickable link to the signature.
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    SiCo wrote:
    Bondtoys wrote:
    Hello SiCo,

Thanks for help!

my signature is running now, thanks a lot!
    I am using Firefox and a Mac OS X10.5 if that is of any interest.

Thanks!
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,279MI6 Agent
    When it comes to quoting and replying, can it say who we are quoting? Otherwise it's hard to remember people's names such as Olga Kerekjejoi;?? ?:) You have to scroll up to look again. Nothing personal, it's not his real name anyway.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
    When it comes to quoting and replying, can it say who we are quoting? Otherwise it's hard to remember people's names such as Olga Kerekjejoi;?? ?:) You have to scroll up to look again. Nothing personal, it's not his real name anyway.
    NP, it just did. ?:)

Sico, it is possible to reinstall the date and time onto the screen?
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman

When you quote, as long as you leave the code alone it automatically puts the username in... (see above).

"Napoleon Plural wrote:" etc. If you don't see this let me know, it might be a display error.
    Simon
    Dan Same wrote:
    Sico, it is possible to reinstall the date and time onto the screen?

At the top of the page as the old site used to have?
    Simon
  • Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
    Yes, that's exactly what I mean.
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
    SiCo wrote:
    TonyDP wrote:
    Here's a display issue I've been running into: for every post, there is a dashed line (ie:
    ) that goes across the entire screen; it appears right above the links for the poster's website, PM and Email. Depending on the length of the post, the dashed line sometimes goes right thru a line of text, making it hard to read. Not sure if that makes sense or not; the dashed line also makes it confusing for me as to where one post ends and another starts (a case of too many horizontal lines in each post). Maybe it could be removed as it really doesn't seem to serve any function and doesn't look particularly attractive.

Can you tell me which browser you are using (Is it IE 6?), I have had a few reports of this and am trying to pin it down and get it sorted. I believe it's a misplaced line from somewhere else on the post!

I have just upgraded the forum style slightly can you tell me if the above issue is till occurring?
    Simon
    Bondtoys wrote:
    SiCo wrote:
    Bondtoys wrote:
    Hello SiCo,

Thanks for help!

I'm working on this but there seems to be a huge bug in the site. I have turned it on and messed with your signature but all I see is <image>with a link to the image instead of the banner. Can anyone else confirm this?

Thanks!

Hmmmmmmm. It's not a big deal to me, but I still see <image> in your signature. It's still clickable. Si, is it possible that some of us will see certain features of the site differently, depending on what OS we are using?
  • 84208420 Posts: 721MI6 Agent
    Bondtoys wrote:
    SiCo wrote:
    Bondtoys wrote:
    Hello SiCo,

Thanks for help!

Thanks!

I am using Firefox and its not working for me.
    Mr Martini wrote:
    Hmmmmmmm. It's not a big deal to me, but I still see <image> in your signature. It's still clickable. Si, is it possible that some of us will see certain features of the site differently, depending on what OS we are using?

It is but it shouldn't be and I really can't explain this. However don't try anything your end as it's a site issue and I will get it sorted, for the moment you'll just have to do without banners!

It seems to be the way the code is interpreted and I can't work some can see it and others can't an image is an image after all and there are no issues with posting images in posts.
    Simon
    Si, I had the same problem with my website(OS interpretting the code)...seems the WWW outdated some HTML codes, hence they do not disply in many webpages properly. The only way I found around it was creating some code through Microsoft Expression Web then inserting it inplace of what seemed to not be working, i.e. sigs, avatars, and tables...then all types of webpages displayed it correctly...I think it created a java-script variation, though I can't remember exactly. Just an idea for you. :)
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    SiCo wrote:
    Jarvio wrote:

As above do you want your old avatar? I should still have it and can hopefully get it back for you.

Hey that would be great if you can, thanks for that :)
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
  • sharpshootersharpshooter Posts: 164MI6 Agent
    Any idea when the favorite film profile feature will be up and running again?