New ajb007 - Overview

Comments

• Alan_moreAlan_more UKPosts: 73MI6 Agent
    Why do I always get "Unable to confirm security token" when sending PMs?
  • Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
    Si, I know you said that you're going to get rid of the colours at some point. Is it possible to keep the red? It's the one colour that I use alot.
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
  • TonyDPTonyDP Inside the MonolithPosts: 4,280MI6 Agent
    edited June 2009
    SiCo wrote:
    TonyDP wrote:
    Here's a display issue I've been running into: for every post, there is a dashed line (ie:
    ) that goes across the entire screen; it appears right above the links for the poster's website, PM and Email. Depending on the length of the post, the dashed line sometimes goes right thru a line of text, making it hard to read. Not sure if that makes sense or not; the dashed line also makes it confusing for me as to where one post ends and another starts (a case of too many horizontal lines in each post). Maybe it could be removed as it really doesn't seem to serve any function and doesn't look particularly attractive.

Can you tell me which browser you are using (Is it IE 6?), I have had a few reports of this and am trying to pin it down and get it sorted. I believe it's a misplaced line from somewhere else on the post!

Apologies for being so late in replying SiCo; it still happens with both Internet Explorer v6 (which is what I have at work; we can't use newer versions due to some proprietary software) and FireFox v3 at home (continually patched to the latest release).

The dashed line also sometimes blocks the REPORT EDIT and QUOTE buttons at the bottom of each post; almost as if the app is getting confused as to where the end of the post really is. It's not a big deal and doesn't break the site; its more of a cosmetic issue and clicking the browser's REFRESH button usually clears it up.
  • MoniqueMonique USAPosts: 696MI6 Agent
    We've gotta get your Playboy cover back, Mo! :x

Did you see she's back Loeff? Si found her for me! :) Makes me feel more at home with my Playboy back.
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,990Quartermasters
    Monique wrote:
    We've gotta get your Playboy cover back, Mo! :x

Did you see she's back Loeff? Si found her for me! :) Makes me feel more at home with my Playboy back.

:x That's more like it! :x :)
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • Mister WhiteMister White The NetherlandsPosts: 814MI6 Agent
    Not sure if this is the right place to say this, but I'm suffering from a lot of problems with the new interface.

First of all, I can't log in properly. When I open the page, the login link isn't active. I can only login after I open one of the topics and then scroll down. That login link is active.

The during login, in stead of having the place where I have to put in my name and password underneath each other, they are on top of each other. It still works, but I'm sure they should be underneath each other.

I can currently only quote the last message in a topic, as all the others do not have a quote button for me.

Also the search function seems to have dissapeared.

And there is no way for me to get to my profile either.

Am I the only one suffering these problems?

Please help. :#

Evert
    "Christ, I miss the Cold War."
  • 00-Agent00-Agent CaliforniaPosts: 453MI6 Agent
    Not sure if this is the right place to say this, but I'm suffering from a lot of problems with the new interface.

First of all, I can't log in properly. When I open the page, the login link isn't active. I can only login after I open one of the topics and then scroll down. That login link is active.

The during login, in stead of having the place where I have to put in my name and password underneath each other, they are on top of each other. It still works, but I'm sure they should be underneath each other.

I can currently only quote the last message in a topic, as all the others do not have a quote button for me.

Also the search function seems to have dissapeared.

And there is no way for me to get to my profile either.

Am I the only one suffering these problems?

Please help. :#

Evert

I am having a lot of these problems also when using Internet Explorer 7 but not when using the Safari browser. You might try a different browser while the bugs are being worked out.
    "A blunt instrument wielded by a Government department. Hard, ruthless, sardonic, fatalistic. He likes gambling, golf, fast motor cars. All his movements are relaxed and economical". Ian Fleming
    Mr. White,

Try hitting the REFRESH button on your browser after loading a page. I have IE v6 at work and notice that some buttons and menu choices do not appear when a page first loads. In my case, hitting REFRESH usually fixes the formatting problems and the buttons and menu choices then become visible.
    Thank you Tony.

I have tried it, but unfortunately it doesn't help. :#

And thanks for the tip 00-agent, but I'm not about to change my browser for something that is (hopefully) a temporary problem.

The thing that really annoys me though, is that I can't use the search option. I love this site (amongst other things) for the information that is available on it. But without the search function, I feel rather helpless...
    Sorry that didn't work. Out of curiosity, what browser are you using?
  • chrisno1chrisno1 LondonPosts: 3,245MI6 Agent
    I have a similar problem to Mr White
    Curiously I did not have this problem until about one week ago

1. The login in details overlap
    2. The "post title" details overlap.... this has actually prevented me posting new threads as the details are hidden behind the font tool bar
    3. At the top of every page the line with the Index buttons is sitting almost outside the "Account migration" box and I can only see half the words.
    4. I also have a large gap between the dotted line indicating the time of post etc and the start of a post proper

Otherwise it hasn't made a deal of difference. I will be somewhat frustrated if I can't post any new yhreads however. I dont start many new topics, but you never know.
    Ho-hum.
  • chrisno1chrisno1 LondonPosts: 3,245MI6 Agent
    Ok so I have managed to post, but I feel I was lucky! The tool bar was still obstructing my title. Curiously I noticed as soon as I placed my cursor across the tool bar, the title box merged behind the font examples.
    Tony, I'm using IE.

Chrisno1 it also started happening to me just about a week ago.

The main thing that keeps bothering me, is that I can't perform a search.

Very frustrating... X-(

Apart from that, don't get me wrong, I love this site!
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    chrisno1 wrote:
    I have a similar problem to Mr White
    Curiously I did not have this problem until about one week ago

1. The login in details overlap
    2. The "post title" details overlap.... this has actually prevented me posting new threads as the details are hidden behind the font tool bar
    3. At the top of every page the line with the Index buttons is sitting almost outside the "Account migration" box and I can only see half the words.
    4. I also have a large gap between the dotted line indicating the time of post etc and the start of a post proper

Otherwise it hasn't made a deal of difference. I will be somewhat frustrated if I can't post any new yhreads however. I dont start many new topics, but you never know.
    Ho-hum.

I don't use IE at home (I use Opera) but I do use IE at work (naughty, naughty... :)) ) and I have these probs too.
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,787MI6 Agent
    I have a problem when using this website. When i want to post something on General Bond chat I log in. Then I'm being sent back to the root screen. I'm logged in. Then I click on "General Bond chat". Suddenly I'm no longer logged in. Then I log in from that forum. After logging in I'm back at the root menu. For some reason most forums like Quantum of solace works perfectly.
    Can anyone help me?
    Tony, I'm using IE.

Chrisno1 it also started happening to me just about a week ago.

The main thing that keeps bothering me, is that I can't perform a search.

Very frustrating... X-(

Apart from that, don't get me wrong, I love this site!

Interesting as I use an older version of IE (v6) at work and by and large it works for me though I often have to click REFRESH to make sure the page displays correctly.

Did you try deleting your temporary internet files and cookies? Its a longshot but my brother was having problems with other sites and doing that cleared things up for him.
    TonyDP wrote:
    Did you try deleting your temporary internet files and cookies? Its a longshot but my brother was having problems with other sites and doing that cleared things up for him.

I do that about two to three times a week, because I hate that stuff cluttering up my drive. Also because I use my computer for banking as well.

So sadly, that doesn't help with this either... :(
  • Sweepy the CatSweepy the Cat Halifax, West Yorkshire, EnglaPosts: 986MI6 Agent
    I know that you said that the 'Favourite Films' feature will be back soon but when exactly is soon?

Also, how exactly are you going to make it "bigger + better"? :p
    207qoznfl4.gif
  • SiCoSiCo EnglandPosts: 1,371M
    Alan_more wrote:
    Why do I always get "Unable to confirm security token" when sending PMs?

This is because you are probably writing slightly longer messages and they are taking a while to write. Basically the system sets a code which has an expiry, if you take longer than the allotted time to post / write a PM it just has to verify that you are who you say you are. i.e. the person who filled in the form. It is to stop robots and external computers being able to spam as they never create the initial security token.

Sorry it's annoying but all you have to do is submit the form twice. I am looking at removing it on things like private messages but at the same time I don't want to lessen the sites security against these sorts of attacks.
    Simon
    I know that you said that the 'Favourite Films' feature will be back soon but when exactly is soon?

Also, how exactly are you going to make it "bigger + better"? :p

To be honest favourite films is the least of my problems right now. You will have to wait. It is coming back, it will be better but it will be when I can get it done and it won't get done any quicker the more you ask!

The site problems are more important.
    Simon
    Right I have been looking in to all these issues and I am struggling to find an answer. I am going to make some changes now and I'd like to know if these problems still exist.
    Simon
    Right I am testing this in IE7 which is the browser the bugs seem to be in. It is now working perfectly for me after I made some changes that have been staring me in the face for ages! - Always the way. Please report if it's fixed or still broken. I need a -{

Sorry for the inconvenience, I hope those of you scared off by it will return or at least keep going, without having to guess the links!
    Simon
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,553Chief of Staff
    All appears fixed -{

For me anyway :v
    YNWA 97
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    just as an info,

Safari 4.0 runs perfectly - with AJB - and in general.
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Thank you - AJB in IE7 is fixed for me too -{

However, now no graphics appear in Opera :#

if it's not one, it's another :(
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
    Lexi wrote:

That should not be affected in anyway with the changes. I will look into it. Can you confirm by refreshing a few times and trying gain tomorrow morning and just let me know which version of Opera you are using. This one should be easier to fix mind!
    Simon
  • plokijplokij Nowhere ImportantPosts: 2MI6 Agent
    Try restarting opera.
    SiCo wrote:
    Lexi wrote:

That should not be affected in anyway with the changes. I will look into it. Can you confirm by refreshing a few times and trying gain tomorrow morning and just let me know which version of Opera you are using. This one should be easier to fix mind!

It's working now - I re-started my computer and opera works fine -{

Now if only life was as easy to fix!
    It's working again for me!

Thank you, thank you, thank you! :)

I have my search function again!

Now I'm happy as a pig in eh, whatever... :D
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    Working fine for me too. Nice work!
    And thanks for restoring my old avatar :)
    Zorin is back!
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby