New ajb007 - Overview

12346»

Comments

• 00-Agent00-Agent CaliforniaPosts: 453MI6 Agent
    When searching for "Bond 23" I get the following result:

Insane query. Aborting.

Which made me smile even if it wasn't the result I was looking for. Am I doing something wrong? Is anyone else having trouble searching?
    "A blunt instrument wielded by a Government department. Hard, ruthless, sardonic, fatalistic. He likes gambling, golf, fast motor cars. All his movements are relaxed and economical". Ian Fleming
  • 84208420 Posts: 721MI6 Agent
    I think you should have a favicon , Most sites have them why doesn't this one? ?:)
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    I think I'm posting this in the right place. I notice if you spend more than 5 minutes (give or take a minute) writing a response to a post, once you go back to the main forum you lose all the posts that have had responses. I guess what I'm trying to say is, if there's new posts when you come to the forum, the new posts don't show up if you take more than 5 minutes responding to a post. A small gripe but hopefully we can be given a few more minutes to respond to a post if it's not too much trouble? Thanks in advance.
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • SiCoSiCo EnglandPosts: 1,371M
    00-Agent wrote:
    When searching for "Bond 23" I get the following result:

Insane query. Aborting.

Which made me smile even if it wasn't the result I was looking for. Am I doing something wrong? Is anyone else having trouble searching?

Hugely late reply I know, it's probably because you have picked one of the biggest keywords on the site! Couple that with a number and you're asking for almost every post ever made! Try being more specific, I know that's hard with Bond 23 being such a generic term! :s
    Simon
    8420 wrote:
    I think you should have a favicon , Most sites have them why doesn't this one? ?:)

I don't know what to use and I can't draw! Email me one, same goes to anyone else. sico [at] ajb007.co.uk
    Simon
    Mr Martini wrote:
    I think I'm posting this in the right place. I notice if you spend more than 5 minutes (give or take a minute) writing a response to a post, once you go back to the main forum you lose all the posts that have had responses. I guess what I'm trying to say is, if there's new posts when you come to the forum, the new posts don't show up if you take more than 5 minutes responding to a post. A small gripe but hopefully we can be given a few more minutes to respond to a post if it's not too much trouble? Thanks in advance.

Yes, this is a problem I don't know how to fix! It's on the list, due to the fact the site now uses third party software I have to do lots of digging. I will try and get it sorted.
    Simon
    Not a big gripe, but something I just noticed today. I used the quick jump feature in the bottom left corner. When I used it and went to the next forum it logged me out. I went to my bookmarks and came back here and continued browsing, logged in.
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    I have never received a reply on my comment, that on an iPhone, the "new" posts button is too close to the logout button on the front page ;(
    I am still loggin me out, when I am trying to go to new posts on my mobile....
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    Bondtoys wrote:
    I have never received a reply on my comment, that on an iPhone, the "new" posts button is too close to the logout button on the front page ;(
    I am still loggin me out, when I am trying to go to new posts on my mobile....

Don't do that then. Problem sorted.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
    Mr Martini wrote:
    Not a big gripe, but something I just noticed today. I used the quick jump feature in the bottom left corner. When I used it and went to the next forum it logged me out. I went to my bookmarks and came back here and continued browsing, logged in.

It seems to work ok for me. Does it do it every time?
    Simon
    I don't know about how it looks on the iPhone as I don't have one, I imagine it's just full screen as it is here? Without a screenshot I can't really test it unless I invest in a new phone! Which I may do. Is it a finger issue or the text overlaps?
    Simon
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    Probably his fat fingers Simon. I don't have a problem with mine.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
    SiCo wrote:
    Mr Martini wrote:

It seems to work ok for me. Does it do it every time?

I just tried doing some more quick jumps and it still does it. I don't know if I'm really being logged out though. I quick jump and it shows me being logged out. But if I leave and come right back I don't have to log back in.
    I don't think it can actually be logging you out because it wouldn't let you return. What browser and operating system do you use?

Does it still display the posting options etc so you can actually use the site or does it hide everything as if you are a guest?
    Simon
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    edited November 2009
    SiCo wrote:
    I don't know about how it looks on the iPhone as I don't have one, I imagine it's just full screen as it is here? Without a screenshot I can't really test it unless I invest in a new phone! Which I may do. Is it a finger issue or the text overlaps?

I'll try to do a screenshot later. Edit done:
    iPhone.jpg

The text does not overlap, the 2 fields are only too close. Too close for the touch surface to identify always the correct field. It's not so much a finger issue.
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    SiCo wrote:
    I don't think it can actually be logging you out because it wouldn't let you return. What browser and operating system do you use?

Does it still display the posting options etc so you can actually use the site or does it hide everything as if you are a guest?

I'm using Safari Version 4.0.3 (6531.9) I'm using A Macbook Pro with Snow Leopard (version 10.6.1)

And yes, posting options are hidden when I quick jump.
  • The Sly FoxThe Sly Fox USAPosts: 467MI6 Agent
    Si, I know this is late, but congratulations on the site upgrade! I know you were waiting a long time for this. {[]

I've come back to a very modern, fresh-looking website that is highly worthy of Web 2.0 (not that the old version wasn't, of course :D ).
    edited December 2009
    I have run across a minor issue that I thought you might want to know of, Si. The 'crying' smilie doesn't work at all for me. Every other smilie works perfect, I can even see it in other people's posts, but if I post :'( I can't see it. It shows up as text in the compose field as well as the forum page once posted. Clicking the icon above the compose field does nothing.

I'm using Firefox 3.5.5 on Vista SP2. Again, this is a very minor issue, no urgency here.

On a side note, I made a new avatar and am very happy with it, but could you possibly send me my old avatar? I'd like to be able to use it again someday. Perhaps in a email, or on a post to the forum? Thanks, Si.
  • darenhatdarenhat The Old PuebloPosts: 2,029Quartermasters
    I have run across a minor issue that I thought you might want to know of, Si. The 'crying' smilie doesn't work at all for me.

Welcome back, Sly! I suppose you missed the list of rules that came with the new site...primarily that there's "no crying on AJB."
    darenhat wrote:
    I have run across a minor issue that I thought you might want to know of, Si. The 'crying' smilie doesn't work at all for me.

Welcome back, Sly! I suppose you missed the list of rules that came with the new site...primarily that there's "no crying on AJB."

Well, I was posting it in the Tributes thread... not that I cry at funerals, mind you, but I thought such a smilie would be appropriate at the time... Maybe I should have used the monkey smilie instead :(|) <-- as you can see, even it doesn't work! :s