Tributes Thread

Comments

• PendragonPendragon ColoradoPosts: 2,640MI6 Agent
    aw no not Cannell...really enjoyed his novels D:

RIP :#
    Hey! Observer! You trying to get yourself Killed?

mountainburdphotography.wordpress.com
  • Tilly Masterson 007Tilly Masterson 007 UKPosts: 1,472MI6 Agent
    Sir Norman Wisdom - incredible actor & comedian died at the age of 95.

A very funny comedian in his time.

-{
  • Mark HazardMark Hazard West Midlands, UKPosts: 495MI6 Agent
    Sorry to hear about Sir Norman, met him a couple of times - a real character.
    It appears Brenda Cowling from Octopussy passed away a few days ago.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brenda_Cowling
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    Barabara Billingsley passed away earlier today at the age of 94

http://www.tmz.com/2010/10/16/barbara-billingsley-dies-leave-it-beaver-june-cleaver/
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    Mr Martini wrote:

I'll probably always associate her best with her role in Airplane! "Excuse me, I speak jive." :)) RIP, sweet lady.
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,992Quartermasters
    Hardyboy wrote:
    Mr Martini wrote:

I'll probably always associate her best with her role in Airplane! "Excuse me, I speak jive." :)) RIP, sweet lady.

RIP indeed...a queen of classic TV comedy.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • Ricardo C.Ricardo C. Posts: 916MI6 Agent
    Hardyboy wrote:
    Mr Martini wrote:

Oh that was her ? Nice.
    Tom Bosley has died at 83. Like most people my age, I associate him most with the role of Richie's father in Happy Days; but he was a fine character actor who played many parts. Rest in Peace, sir.
    Vox clamantis in deserto
    Hardyboy wrote:
    Tom Bosley has died at 83. Like most people my age, I associate him most with the role of Richie's father in Happy Days; but he was a fine character actor who played many parts. Rest in Peace, sir.

Just saw this on my web browser's homepage :( He'll always be Richie Cunningham's dad...but he probably had nearly as many fans as Cabot Cove Sheriff Amos Tupper in Murder, She Wrote, where he was fully prepared to wrongfully convict one suspect a week...for years :))

A fine career. Rest in peace.
    Graham Crowden who had a part in For Your Eyes Only has died.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-11598137
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,299MI6 Agent
    Ah yes, Tom from Waiting for God, a BBC sitcom. Also in Oh Lucky Man! famous 1960s Brit movie with Helen Mirren, seen this week in Red. She's taken a long time to get there.

"Not deep enough, minister!"
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    Tributes don't always have to be about death. Let's make this a celebratory tribute to my beloved San Francisco Giants. My Giants just captured their first World Championship in 56 years and their first since moving to San Francisco. I've loved my Giants for 30 years and now I can proudly say my Giants are World Champions!!!! I can't even begin to explain how great this feels. The "torture" is finally over. You can now longer "fear the beard" The Giants are on top of the World, and so am I. Thank you Giants!!!!!
  • Another LoeffelholzAnother Loeffelholz "a different position."Posts: 77MI6 Agent
    Congrats Mr. Martini !!! {[] It is a great feeling every baseball fan deserves. Enjoy it - there's nothing like your team going all the way. B-)
    As a life long Cardinal fan living in Los Angeles, I've begun to truly dislike the Dodgers !! So, I guess by default - that makes me kinda enjoy this Giant victory :)) Dodger fans around here are not gonna like this at all :D
    Also - it was our old great Cardinal shortstop Edgar Renteria that helped you win it !!! A great player and seemingly a great guy. World Series MVP indeed !!!!
    Congrats again. You Giants earned it. -{
    Congrats Mr. Martini !!! {[] It is a great feeling every baseball fan deserves. Enjoy it - there's nothing like your team going all the way. B-)
    As a life long Cardinal fan living in Los Angeles, I've begun to truly dislike the Dodgers !! So, I guess by default - that makes me kinda enjoy this Giant victory :)) Dodger fans around here are not gonna like this at all :D
    Also - it was our old great Cardinal shortstop Edgar Renteria that helped you win it !!! A great player and seemingly a great guy. World Series MVP indeed !!!!
    Congrats again. You Giants earned it. -{

Thank you!!! It does feel great.

Not sure if you saw the Tuesday edition of the LA Times (or was it another LA newspaper), but the Giants victory was barely front page news (guess where it was at here in the SF Bay Area ;) :)) ).

Some other awesome things from this World Series: Edgar Renteria winning MVP of the World Series for the second time. Not only did he get the game winning hit in Game 5 of the 2010 World Series to clinch it for the Giants, he also hit the game winning run in the 1997 World Series for the Florida Marlins. He also received M.V.P. (Most Valuable Player) of the 1997 World Series.

Bengie Molina, current catcher of the Texas Rangers and former catcher of the San Francisco Giants ( :D ) would of received a World Series ring no matter who won. Must of been a great feeling for him.

How great is it to be a Rookie on a professional Sports Team and win a "World Title" in your first year. The Giants have two, Madison Bumgarner (pitcher) and Buster Posey (catcher). I wish I was in their shoes.

Once again I'd like to thank my SF Giants for making my childhood dream come alive. "The Beard" (Brian Wilson), "The Freak" (Tim Lincecum), Pat "The Bat" Burrell, "Kung Fu Panda" Pablo Sandoval, "Huff Daddy" Aubrey Huff and every other SF Giant who doesn't have a catchy nickname. This 30 something SF Bay Area Native is a happy man.

Now back to the tributes thread.........
    Mr Martini wrote:
    Tributes don't always have to be about death. Let's make this a celebratory tribute to my beloved San Francisco Giants. My Giants just captured their first World Championship in 56 years and their first since moving to San Francisco. I've loved my Giants for 30 years and now I can proudly say my Giants are World Champions!!!! I can't even begin to explain how great this feels. The "torture" is finally over. You can now longer "fear the beard" The Giants are on top of the World, and so am I. Thank you Giants!!!!!

'grats, Mr. M!! I ALMOST had that feeling in '07 when my Rockies were in the series...it's for sure a good feeling, and one that you can never lose!!!

As soon as I post a different kind of tribute, I have to revert back to announce a death.

Sparky Anderson, Manager of the Cincinnati Reds and Detroit Tigers has passed away from complications from Dementia.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/anderson-274546-sparky-one.html

Sparky was a true Baseball professional. He will be greatly missed. Rest in Peace Sir!!
    RIP, Sparky. And I was sorry to read this morning of the death of Jill Clayburgh, an iconic actress most associated with playing independent women in the 1970s. I bow my head.
    Vox clamantis in deserto
    Hardyboy wrote:
    RIP, Sparky. And I was sorry to read this morning of the death of Jill Clayburgh, an iconic actress most associated with playing independent women in the 1970s. I bow my head.

Sparky was an American Classic...and Jill Clayburgh was always good in whatever she did---perhaps my favourite was Silver Streak, with Gene Wilder and Richard Pryor.

Rest in peace.
    a special THANK YOU to all the Veterans who have served their countries to work towards peace :x

LIBERTAS SUMPUTS (freedom costs)

Pendragon wrote:
    a special THANK YOU to all the Veterans who have served their countries to work towards peace :x

LIBERTAS SUMPUTS (freedom costs)

{[]
    Martha Delores Garcia Cleer, 1933 - 2010

My mother-in-law. Rest in peace, mama -{
    :# I'm so sorry, Loeffs *big hug*

• Another LoeffelholzAnother Loeffelholz "a different position."Posts: 77MI6 Agent
    Martha Delores Garcia Cleer, 1933 - 2010

My mother-in-law. Rest in peace, mama -{

Martha was truly one of a kind. We had a lot of laughs together and I will miss her dearly.
    I'm so sorry big brother. Please give my love to the entire family. -{
  • TonyDPTonyDP Inside the MonolithPosts: 4,283MI6 Agent
    My sincerest condolences to your wife and her family Loeffs; I am truly sorry for your loss.
    Add my condolences on your loss. 1933 was the year my own mother was born (she died in 2003), so you are much in my thoughts.
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • MoniqueMonique USAPosts: 696MI6 Agent
    Dino De Laurentiis passed away Thursday. A legend, a trailblazer and a true Italiano. Riposa in Pace Dino, you will be missed.
    Thanks Pen, Tony and Hardy. Much appreciated.
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,299MI6 Agent
    The horror. The horror. :(

Ingrid Pitt has died, aged 73 following heart trouble.

ingrid%20pitt.jpg
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • arthur pringlearthur pringle SpacePosts: 366MI6 Agent
    The horror. The horror. :(

Ingrid Pitt has died, aged 73 following heart trouble.

ingrid%20pitt.jpg

I've always loved The House That Dripped Blood. Ingrid wrote for Den of Geek or something and had some interesting things to say about Bond quite recently. Sad news anyway.