Tributes Thread

1106107108109110112»

Comments

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 17,766MI6 Agent

(Rises glass)

To Sharkey!

It's the anniversary of VE-day today. I want to honour the heroes who fought tyrany and the victims of fascism. We must never forget.

• The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 1,817MI6 Agent

I'll drink to that N24. We must NEVER forget.

"Any of the opposition around..?"
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 7,615MI6 Agent

Yes, let us never forget their bravery and sacrifices so we could live in a Europe at peace and free from tyranny.

"The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,757Chief of Staff
    edited May 12

Norman Lloyd, the character actor (and producer) who famously fell from the Statue of Liberty in Hitchock's SABOTEUR, has died at the great age of 106. We should all live so long!

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/entertainment/norman-lloyd-dr-auschlander-st-214329405.html

Vox clamantis in deserto
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 7,615MI6 Agent
    edited May 12

Sad to hear of the death of Neil Connery, so soon after the death of his more famous brother Sir Sean too. 

Also sad to hear of the death of Norman Lloyd aged 106. What a long life well lived! He directed the classic Season 1 episode of Columbo called Lady in Waiting (1971) starring Susan Clark as the killer.

"The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,030MI6 Agent

Ah I missed these announcements, thanks for posting them Silhouette Man - yes, Operation Kid Brother himself and as for Norman Lloyd, I thought he would just keep on going! RIP to both.

Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
  • GrindelwaldGrindelwald Posts: 1,264MI6 Agent
    edited May 12

RIP Neil C , Sharkey , Andre M

Philip Latham , Draculas butler , died last summer , Shelley passed half a yr later (both starred Dracula PoD)

Sverre Kokkin, resistance fighter and saboteur, died on the national day aged 95. I believe he was the last of the very active communist Pelle-group to pass away.

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 31,077Chief of Staff

RIP Charles Grodin, at 86. Starred in many films Inc "Midnight Run", "Beethoven", and "King Kong (76)".

The magnificent Charles Grodin, RIP, as Barbel has mentioned some great comedic performances but will always be remembered by me as Dr Hill in Rosemary’s Baby.

edited June 9

Libuse Safrankova (spelling?) who starred as Cinderella in the Hungarian/DDR 1973 movie "Three wishes for Cinderella" has passed away. The movie is show on Norwegian TV every Christmas and it's an important tradition for many. (In fact a Norwegian re-make starring the popstar Astrid Smedplass who is known as Astrid S is being made this year.)

Rest in peace 🤗

Saddened to hear of the death of Ned Beatty at 83, RIP.

• GymkataGymkata Minnesota, USAPosts: 3,099MI6 Agent

And the lights go out in Otisburg...

Current rankings:
    OHMSS>FRWL>CR>TSWLM>YOLT>MR>SF>FYEO>GE>OP>DN>
    TWINE>TND>QOS>TB>TMWTGG>GF>LALD>TLD>AVTAK>SP>DAF>LTK>DAD
    Bond rankings: Lazenby>Moore>Connery>Craig>Brosnan>Dalton
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 31,077Chief of Staff

Nicely put, Gymkata. RIP Mr Beatty.