Tributes Thread

1108109110111112114»

Comments

• Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 7,682MI6 Agent

Condolences on the loss of your father, @walther p99. 🍸

"The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 18,105MI6 Agent
    edited September 10

My condolances to you, Walther p99. 😔

• HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,779Chief of Staff

My regards, Walther.

Vox clamantis in deserto
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 31,512Chief of Staff

Much sympathy, walther p99. All the best to you.

• Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,216MI6 Agent

I’m so sorry to hear that, Walther P99 - my thoughts are with you too.

"How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 1,989MI6 Agent

Walther, I've only just seen your post. Please accept my sincere condolences. I will raise a glass of the good stuff to your father this evening. Best wishes and strength to you my friend.

"Any of the opposition around..?"
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,189MI6 Agent

There's never a good time to lose someone, but I find that right now it's especially difficult in so many ways. You have my most sincere condolences, Walther.

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 18,105MI6 Agent
    edited September 11

Today it's twenty years since the horrible terror attacks in the US. The fates of the innocent people murdered that day, the survivors, their lives ones and the brave first responders are still on our minds today. The terrorist attacks that day changed our world, from airport check-ins to the Iraq war. The number of people around the world who has lost their lives as a direct result of the war om terror is calculated to be somewhere from about 900 000 to almost a million. Without drawing a conclusion here on the war on terror we can say most of those people weren't terrorists, only indirect victims of the terrible events that day. Rest in peace.

• The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,189MI6 Agent

It was 20 years ago yet I remember every single moment of that day vividly, from a friend phoning me to say that an aircraft had just crashed in New York, to the silence that afternoon when practically no one was left downtown and the skies were clear. It's incredible to me to realise that no one under 25 years of age was even alive or remembers that day.

• GymkataGymkata Minnesota, USAPosts: 3,350MI6 Agent

I remember that day vividly as well. I was getting dressed for work and turned on the radio to see what was going on in the world, completely oblivious that anything was going on. At the time, only the first plane had hit and the discussion was more focused on whether it was an accident or an attack. Then, the second plane hit and that question got answered immediately. I was pretty much numb for the rest of the day.

Current rankings:
    OHMSS>FRWL>CR>TSWLM>YOLT>MR>SF>FYEO>GE>OP>DN>
    TWINE>TND>QOS>TB>TMWTGG>GF>LALD>TLD>AVTAK>SP>DAF>LTK>DAD
    Bond rankings: Lazenby>Moore>Connery>Craig>Brosnan>Dalton
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 31,512Chief of Staff

RIP Sir Clive Sinclair, computer pioneer. I doubt that there are many in my age bracket, at least in the UK, who haven't possessed at least one of his gadgets.

• GymkataGymkata Minnesota, USAPosts: 3,350MI6 Agent

RIP to Norm MacDonald. 61 from cancer.

Very, very funny man. Bizarre sense of humor but really really funny if you were dialed in on his wavelength.

Current rankings:
    OHMSS>FRWL>CR>TSWLM>YOLT>MR>SF>FYEO>GE>OP>DN>
    TWINE>TND>QOS>TB>TMWTGG>GF>LALD>TLD>AVTAK>SP>DAF>LTK>DAD
    Bond rankings: Lazenby>Moore>Connery>Craig>Brosnan>Dalton
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 9,193MI6 Agent

Jane Powell, star of Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, has died aged 92.

As she was so good in that I'm surprised she wasn't in more films, but she was a trouper it seems and carried on performing into her 80s.

"This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 4,031MI6 Agent
    Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
  • hehadlotsofgutshehadlotsofguts Durham England Posts: 2,079MI6 Agent

Sad news for Only Fools And Horses fans.

John Challis who played Boycie, has died following a battle with cancer. He was 79 years old. Died in his sleep.

John was fantastic as Boycie. RIP,John. Thanks for the laughs.

Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"