Bond 23: SKYFALL

Comments

• John DrakeJohn Drake On assignmentPosts: 2,564MI6 Agent
    I hope it's not Red Sky at Night either. Red sky at night, shepherd's delight. Makes me think of somebody in wellington boots assaulting a sheep.
  • 007007 ClassifiedPosts: 372MI6 Agent
    edited October 2011
    While I remain sceptical until there is an official press release from the makers, Skyfall is beginning to look like it's going to be the title...unless Sony and co. are trying to throw people off the scent by registering domains like JamesBond-Skyfall.com and Skyfallthefilm.com.
    Things I hate:
    1. People who hate things.
    2. Irony.
    3. Lists.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    have had some time to think about it and Don't like "Skyfall" at all. Why can't they just use up the last of Flemings titles.
    And why the big secret about the name anyway, Get it out there as soon as possible so the general public can get used to it
    As others have said I think this is another red herring and we're still in the dark as to what the real title will be.
    I hope they've told Adele. :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • 007007 ClassifiedPosts: 372MI6 Agent
    have had some time to think about it and Don't like "Skyfall" at all. Why can't they just use up the last of Flemings titles.
    And why the big secret about the name anyway, Get it out there as soon as possible so the general public can get used to it
    As others have said I think this is another red herring and we're still in the dark as to what the real title will be.
    I hope they've told Adele. :D

007 In New York?
    Things I hate:
    1. People who hate things.
    2. Irony.
    3. Lists.
  • dickiebartdickiebart Posts: 220MI6 Agent
    edited October 2011

That article sums up all the rumours flying around. Still rumours at this stage.

For the 50th anniversary, the name doesn't have any Fleming meaning, which I find to be a bad oversight by EON. :s Maybe today is the day for the big reveal...

2 Bond girl names are mentioned in a similar article, "trained star Helen McCrory and French beauty Berenice Marlohe": http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/news-by-industry/et-cetera/new-007-film-23rd-james-bond-film-is-titled-skyfall/articleshow/10265569.cms
    http://www.007collection.blogspot.com check it! All my 007 autographs, toys, cars, books and more!
  • ppw3o6rppw3o6r Great BritainPosts: 2,272MI6 Agent
    Skyfall...some like it some do not. Personally for the 50th Anniversary it does not rock my boat as a Bond Movie title. Even "Blood Stone" would have been preferable however if EON are viewing our comments and one would hope they are may I suggest the following:

SKYFALL...The Property of a Lady! (I can hear Adele punching out the title song now)

Now that is a title worthy of a 50th Anniversary Bond movie.....
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    SKYFALL, just announced on radio 1 -{
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    Not bad but more to the point what the hell is it?
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • GaddGeneGaddGaddGeneGadd Posts: 189MI6 Agent
    Gassy Man wrote:
    I can live with it. Sounds like a pastiche of "Thunderball," and I can even hear someone saying "Operation Skyfall" at some point in the film. Or it could be some satellite weapon co-opted by a fledgling SPECTRE to blackmail governments.

I was thinking the same thing " For your eyes only 007, operation; SKYFALL "
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,309MI6 Agent
    The problem lies in pronunciation. Unlike Thunderball, which can only be pronounced one way, Skyfall could stress each syllable or, if saying it in a hurry, it can become Skyful. It could be pronounced like Deadfall, or Awful, it just has no consistency. You can write it, but we are all probably pronouncing it differently.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • chrisno1chrisno1 LondonPosts: 3,312MI6 Agent
    I detest the is title - mind you I also initially detested QOS and that was by Fleming - because it sounds like a sci-fi movie. Remember SKYLAB that orbiting hunk of scientific space junk? It could easily be an episode of Star Trek, Blakes 7 or Dr Who, there is no resonance towards it being a thriller. It lacks the interpersonal feel of a Fleming title. While I admit a title doesn't have to mean anything specific to be successful - TB was a created word - I would be somewhat disappointed if the producers didn't choose a Fleming title for the 50th Anniversary movie (assuming we get it next year). How hard could it possibly be to dream up aplot for a movie entitle TPOAL or R or THR? They managed to make one out of a most obscure title last time out...
  • YouknowthenameYouknowthename Carver Media GroupPosts: 500MI6 Agent
    To me, Skyfall sounds cheap and cheesy :#

Titles such as The Living Daylights and Tomorrow Never Dies were slightly strange, but they still sound good... Skyfall sounds like a B-movie or a video game.

Titles such as The Living Daylights and Tomorrow Never Dies were slightly strange, but they still sound good... Skyfall sounds like a B-movie or a video game.

Brings to mind Skyline from late last year. I saw bits of it working at a cinema. It was atrocious.
    http://www.007collection.blogspot.com check it! All my 007 autographs, toys, cars, books and more!
  • BleuvilleBleuville Posts: 384MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Not bad but more to the point what the hell is it?

Maybe Skyfall is the villain's device to make all aircraft fall out of the sky! That would be pretty dangerous.

If Xavier Bardem is playing the villain, then he could be a real nasty, like Telly Savalas as Blofeld in OHMSS.

(I presume it's not about TV network Satellites crashing!).

but let's not have a 4th laser satellite device as they've been done in DAF, GE and DAD.

Bleuville. song- ".. and he strikes, like SKY - FALL -LL !"
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    Sounds to sensible for modern Craig era Bond!!

Maybe Quantum have discovered away to kill the Internet!!
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    I feel the same way, my friend. Although a title like Tomorrow Never Dies makes absolutely no sense, for some reason it just sounds right for a Bond film. Skyfall does not. But I'll forget the title as long as the film is good. Let's hope!

"Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
  • AdrianPatrickAdrianPatrick NW EnglandPosts: 8MI6 Agent
    SKYFALL.jpg

My contribution :)
    Nobody does it better.
    SKYFALL.jpg

Wow that looks AWESOME. Great job.
  • james362001james362001 Lancaster, California USAPosts: 338MI6 Agent
    SKYFALL.jpg

I like your contribution. I will use it on my Secret_007 Yahoo Group temporarily, if "SkyFall" does turn out to be the title the director and producers announce. However, the release date in the United Kingdom is October 26, 2012 and in the USA is November 9. Not November 007. I wish it was.
    http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/Secret_007
  • AdrianPatrickAdrianPatrick NW EnglandPosts: 8MI6 Agent
    Sure, and November 7 would be a Wednesday. Not really a day for releasing movies! But I couldn't resist finding some way of getting OO7 in there somehow. Cheers for the likes!
    Nobody does it better.
  • zaphodzaphod Posts: 1,183MI6 Agent
    Sure, and November 7 would be a Wednesday. Not really a day for releasing movies! But I couldn't resist finding some way of getting OO7 in there somehow. Cheers for the likes!

Very cool and a lot more on the money than what we'll probably get from EON. Particularly like the use of 007.
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    SKYFALL.jpg

Love the art work.
    Not so sure on the name though.
    However, the fact they have registered the domain, does not make it fact. Domain registration is what...£9 a year.....hardly a large investment, or a confirmation.

It just doesn't sound very Bondish. :#
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
    Just to lower the tone,.................... a pirate copy. :v

Bond_Fun.jpg
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Mr BeechMr Beech Florida, USAPosts: 1,749MI6 Agent
    SKYFALL.jpg

That is beautiful. I like the title more now that I have seen an elegant presentation of it.

Considering some movies do release on Wednesday's in the US for bigger opening weekends, that November 7th is possible if they had felt like changing, though it will probably be Friday as usual. But I would love if they made use of the 7th.
  • Ammo08Ammo08 Missouri, USAPosts: 387MI6 Agent
    How much is a quid?

Is that similar to our expression, "I'll bet ya a dollar to a doughnut."?

Right at this moment I don't like "Skyfall", that could change however. I think "Property of a Lady" is classier.
    "I don't know if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who mean it."-Mark Twain
    'Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect.'- Benny Hill (1924-1992)
  • Thomas-CrownThomas-Crown London, KnightsbridgePosts: 156MI6 Agent
    SKYFALL.jpg

That's amazing!
    Never theorize before you have data. Invariably, you end up twisting facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.
  • SilentSpySilentSpy Private Exotic AreaPosts: 765MI6 Agent
    Anyone know when the press thing is happening? If Skyfall is the title I hope Bond isn't going to fall from absurd heights again...
    "Better late than never."
    I've read a rumor "skyfall" might be the name of Bond's ancestral Home ( that scottish Castle ), although if it turns out to be, It kind off flies in the face of Bond only getting to a Good school via "Charity", as mentioned in CR. ?:)
    the castle was named apparently after their satelite dish keeled over, and name just came to Bond. :))