Bond 23: SKYFALL

Comments

• PaperbillPaperbill FloridaPosts: 810MI6 Agent
    MrZareba wrote:
    As for the watch, I've noticed that it is rectangular O.o Anybody is seeing that too?

http://www.comingsoon.net/gallery/56251/hr_Skyfall_22.jpg

I have tried to analyze the pictures of DC's watch, it does NOT appear to be rectangular. Michael Wilson is sporting the Omega Seamaster
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Mabey Finney is going to Drag up and Play Bond's Aunt. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    :D Guys, it's just a movie title.

I wonder what may have been when GF was announced in the connection with Pussy Galore.
    And now imagine, that the internet and this board existed..... :v
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • SiCoSiCo EnglandPosts: 1,371M
    I've added a poll to the topic so feel free to vote on the title.
    Simon
  • MrZarebaMrZareba Krakow, PolandPosts: 1,775MI6 Agent
    The site is live: http://www.skyfall-movie.com/
    Here's a review of the Name Skyfall and it's use in fiction in the past from BBC Radio 4, starts at 24:35
    Before that it's about the new Sherlock Holmes novel.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b016ljjb/Front_Row_Anthony_Horowitz_on_Sherlock_Holmes_Skyfall/

and another preview, some might of missed.

http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/blogs/editors-20111013/skyfall-best-bond-ever-paper-anyway-195044877.html
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,298MI6 Agent
    Tabloid rumour in today's Standard, that the new Boris routemaster is wanted for the next Bond film.

boris_johnson_unveils_a_mock_up_of_the_new_routemaster_bus_4cdd6a21486fa.jpg

Plus usual guff articles in Telegraph - is Bond relevent? - could have been done at time of GE press conference, puff piece in Indy, most using the old CR press conference shot of Craig with gun (he's never looked like that as Bond).
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • jz007jz007 Posts: 362MI6 Agent
    Look, I'd be ecstatic if this film were a real SPY thriller, and served more meaningful bad guy kills. I didn't care for Brosnan's Terminator Bond scenes, and I really DON'T miss all of the gadgets - and maybe that's because Desmond Llewellyn is irreplaceable.

I would love to see a Bond film where we see him doing his morning routine, meet his housekeeper, watch him make Scramble Eggs a la James Bond, and do actual ESPIONAGE and spy stuff, all while dressed in Tom Ford ensembles that The Mantis begins hunting both authentic and bargain wardrobe versions.

I don't need a movie that includes a car chase, plane dogfight, ski chase, underwater fight all in the same film. I enjoy Craig's brutal hand-to-hand fights, and I don't need high body counts to make a good Bond film.
    jz007
    Bond on a Budget
  • TonyDPTonyDP Inside the MonolithPosts: 4,282MI6 Agent
    Now about the guy playing Bond..........ahh never mind.

:)) Sadly I think we're in the minority on this one Barry. Craig has always been a hard sell for me as Bond as well. Physically, he looks nothing like my vision of James Bond and his haggard looks, perpetual sourpuss expression, inability to deliver a one-liner, and lack of chemistry with his leading ladies makes him a very dull Bond for me.

While the press conference revealed very little new info that we didn't already know, the main thing I took away from it was Wilson's comment that they "started down a path" with CR and are continuing with that in this new movie. Couple that with Mendez' comment that the "action must serve the story" and that tells me we'll probably be getting another movie that will take itself a little too seriously, with a scarcity of gadgets and nothing particularly imaginative in terms of stunts or production design.

I know I'm in the minority when it comes to what people want out of a Bond movie these days. What passes for Bond in 2011 bears little resemblance to what I grew up with and it all just leaves me cold. Se be it, I'm not the audience that EON is chasing anymore. Maybe I'll at least be able to get the remaining films on BluRay by the time the 50th anniversary rolls around.
  • icsics Posts: 1,413MI6 Agent
    Denmark as the first nation to release SkyFall... who is coming to join us ???? -{

http://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/bond23/release_dates.php3?t=&s=&id=03000Skyfall (Bond 23) Release Dates

Major Release Dates World Premiere TBC
    USA 09-Nov-12
    UK 26-Oct-12
    Canada 09-Nov-12
    France 26-Oct-12
    Germany 01-Nov-12
    Spain 31-Oct-12
    Australia 22-Nov-12
    Japan 01-Dec-12

NORTH AMERICA
    Canada 09-Nov-12
    United States 09-Nov-12

EUROPE
    Austria 01-Nov-12
    Belgium 31-Oct-12
    Bulgaria 26-Oct-12
    Croatia 01-Nov-12
    Czech Republic 25-Oct-12
    Denmark 23-Oct-12
    Estonia 02-Nov-12
    Finland 26-Oct-12
    France 26-Oct-12
    Germany 01-Nov-12
    Greece 01-Nov-12
    Hungary 08-Nov-12
    Iceland 26-Oct-12
    Italy 31-Oct-12
    Latvia 02-Nov-12
    Lithuania 01-Nov-12
    Netherlands 01-Nov-12
    Norway TBC
    Poland 26-Oct-12
    Portugal TBC
    Romania 26-Oct-12
    Russia 01-Nov-12
    Serbia and Montenegro 01-Nov-12
    Slovakia 25-Oct-12
    Slovenia 01-Nov-12
    Spain 31-Oct-12
    Sweden 26-Oct-12
    Switzerland (Fr) 26-Nov-12
    Switzerland (Ger) 01-Nov-12
    Switzerland (Itl) 01-Nov-12
    Turkey 02-Nov-12
    Ukraine 01-Nov-12
    United Kingdom 26-Oct-12

MIDDLE EAST / AFRICA
    Bahrain TBC
    Egypt TBC
    Ethiopia 02-Nov-12
    Israel 25-Oct-12
    Jordan TBC
    Kenya 02-Nov-12
    Kuwait TBC
    Lebanon TBC
    Nigeria 02-Nov-12
    Oman TBC
    Qatar TBC
    South Africa 30-Nov-12
    Syria TBC
    United Arab Emirates TBC

Above: Daniel Craig as James Bond 007

LATIN AMERICA
    América Central 07-Dec-12
    Argentina 06-Dec-12
    Bolivia 06-Dec-12
    Brazil 02-Nov-12
    Chile 06-Dec-12
    Colombia 07-Dec-12
    Ecuador 07-Dec-12
    México 09-Nov-12
    Perú 06-Dec-12
    Puerto Rico TBA
    Uruguay 07-Dec-12
    Venezuela 07-Dec-12

ASIA PACIFIC
    Australia 22-Nov-12
    China 02-Nov-12
    Hong Kong 01-Nov-12
    India 02-Nov-12
    Indonesia 01-Nov-12
    Japan 01-Dec-12
    Korea 01-Nov-12
    Malaysia 01-Nov-12
    New Zealand 22-Nov-12
    Philippines 31-Oct-12
    Singapore 01-Nov-12
    Thailand TBC
    Taiwan 02-Nov-12
    Vietnam 02-Nov-12

Notice
  • james362001james362001 Lancaster, California USAPosts: 338MI6 Agent
    Thank you ICS for the worldwide release dates.
  • ke02ewwke02eww USPosts: 2,063MI6 Agent
    B-)

Phew.... Everyone will get a chance to see it before the Mayan end of the world.....

Guess there's nothing like a Dane.... 8-)
    ke02eww wrote:
    B-)

Phew.... Everyone will get a chance to see it before the Mayan end of the world.....

Guess there's nothing like a Dane.... 8-)

Those people that wait until DVD release will not see SKYFALL if the Mayan Calendar hype is a real thing. SKYFALL will be made to be seen on the big digital silver screen. They better high-tail it to the nearest movie theater on November 9, 2012 and go see it.
  • WildeWilde Oxford, UKPosts: 621MI6 Agent
    Ironic title, considering the Mayan prophecy. Don't you think?

-{
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,816MI6 Agent
    Wilde wrote:

-{

Could you accidentally have stumbled onto the plot of Skyfall? :o
    Perhaps the Chicken Little and Asterix plot theories were just red herrings and Skyfall is about 007 averting the End of the World as prophesied by the Mayans ..
  • WildeWilde Oxford, UKPosts: 621MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    Wilde wrote:

-{

Could you accidentally have stumbled onto the plot of Skyfall? :o
    Perhaps the Chicken Little and Asterix plot theories were just red herrings and Skyfall is about 007 averting the End of the World as prophesied by the Mayans ..

Haha. Now that I'd pay to see. :))
  • SilentSpySilentSpy Private Exotic AreaPosts: 765MI6 Agent
    That press conference was fairly lame. Whatever secrets they are keeping better be awesome. Seeing Daniel Craig with a beard is bringing back Die Another Day feelings. I hope these early images are just from behind the scenes shots or something.
    "Better late than never."
  • John DrakeJohn Drake On assignmentPosts: 2,564MI6 Agent
    Noticed Roger Deakins is Director of Photography. So if nothing else 'Skyfall' should at least look good.
    I looked at the title poll and I`m not surprised. Skyfall is an average title.
  • superadosuperado Regent's Park West (CaliforniaPosts: 2,652MI6 Agent
    Nice clean title I can live with, in keeping with current trends of brevity...very Twitter, why not?
    "...the purposeful slant of his striding figure looked dangerous, as if he was making quickly for something bad that was happening further down the street." -SMERSH on 007 dossier photo, Ch. 6 FRWL.....
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    superado wrote:
    Nice clean title I can live with, in keeping with current trends of brevity...very Twitter, why not?

@Skyfall, #skyfall ..... yep, very twitter friendly but not really being used :s
  • griffin_t_agriffin_t_a Racine, WI USAPosts: 26MI6 Agent
    I hope "Skyfall" doesn't go into "Die Another Day" territory(gene replacement therapy) but I find it coincidental that the bond girls are named Severin(white) and Eve(black). Why do they both have "eve" in their names? I swear to God if they're identical twins with one undergoing gene therapy and being turned to the dark side(no pun intended), I'm boycotting the franchise. On the other hand, if Eve is Severin in black face, that's a horse of a different color.(pun intended)
  • DAWUSSDAWUSS My homepagePosts: 517MI6 Agent
    Another title without Die, Kill, or Gold in it? We're making progress! :p :))
    "Kill Golddie" is out next year. :))
  • Thomas-CrownThomas-Crown London, KnightsbridgePosts: 156MI6 Agent
    "Kill Golddie" is out next year. :))
    Nice word play there.
    Never theorize before you have data. Invariably, you end up twisting facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.
    I wonder if the "Skyfall" theme song will sound like the "Twin Peaks" falling song?
  • SiCoSiCo EnglandPosts: 1,371M
    Can we start creating new topics for Skyfall information otherwise we will end up with one massive topic with no structure. If it's something new please start a new topic for discussion. If it continues on nicely then there is no problem posting here or replying to one of the other topics.
    Simon
    To the member who mentioned they wanted Ben Whishaw to be "Q". I can't find you on here, but I wanted to wish you "Congratulations". You are right. Ben Whishaw will be "Q". :007)
    edited December 2011
    To the member who mentioned they wanted Ben Whishaw to be "Q". I can't find you on here, but I wanted to wish you "Congratulations". You are right. Ben Whishaw will be "Q". :007)

It is possible that was me, I don`t know. I thought he would make a great Q after seing him in The Hour and posted to mention my idea. I`m happy Whishaw got the job, no matter who first posted the idea. Actually I wanted to write about something else this time. We all know parts of Skyfall will take place in Shanghai. But as far as I know not a single Chinese actor has been cast and it`s over a month since filming started. You can cast a British actor to play a Czeck or a Spaniard, but you can`t ask an ethnic European to play a Chinese person. Not today.
    Will the Chinese actors be mainly extras or will some play major roles?
  • Moonraker 5Moonraker 5 Ayrshire, ScotlandPosts: 1,821MI6 Agent
    Marketto007, I moved your post to here to keep all the photos from set together.
    unitedkingdom.png