SkyFall Clothing, Accessories, Etc...

Comments

• welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    So how many of you guys have the Levi's jacket??? Are you happy with it????

I went with the black, as earth tones don't look as good on me, and I'm very happy with it. For a banged up leather jacket it sure gets a lot of compliments.

Yeah the black looks good, bizarrely online I can only find the Brown now
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    Apart from Danimal - anybody have any pics of them wearing the Levis Jacket?

Im on the fence with this one, some pics it looks great and some others I think maybe not!!!
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,340MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Apart from Danimal - anybody have any pics of them wearing the Levis Jacket?

Im on the fence with this one, some pics it looks great and some others I think maybe not!!!

It's been a very hot summer hear in the States, so not for a bit, I think! :))
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    it's nice to dream
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • AngusrRossAngusrRoss ScotlandPosts: 121MI6 Agent
    minigeff wrote:
    it's nice to dream

http://www.rpgfirearms.com.au/HI%20RES/BAIKAL%20MP221.jpg Budget alternative? Doesn't give off the same elegant vibe though.
    AngusrRoss wrote:
    minigeff wrote:
    it's nice to dream

http://www.rpgfirearms.com.au/HI%20RES/BAIKAL%20MP221.jpg Budget alternative? Doesn't give off the same elegant vibe though.

it bloody wouldn't, its one of them 'orrible rushan Baikal's, ewwwwwww :v
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • JamesBondGuyJamesBondGuy DenmarkPosts: 144MI6 Agent
    Holland & Holland have some nice ones that looks like the Anderson Wheeler. :))

:)) well why didnt ya say, i'll order a pair later tonight. but first i gotta sell the car, wife, house, a kidney and my soul.

nah on second thoughts, i'd get bugger all for the soul.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org

Purdey also do one, at least we have a few options now...
    minigeff wrote:

:)) well why didnt ya say, i'll order a pair later tonight. but first i gotta sell the car, wife, house, a kidney and my soul.

:))

I can't see why anyone would spend that kind of money on a shotgun. But they are truly beautiful.

Spend 10 mins and watch this, shows why they are so expensive these brands.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMmau4lSDuY
    minigeff wrote:

:))

I can't see why anyone would spend that kind of money on a shotgun. But they are truly beautiful.

Spend 10 mins and watch this, shows why they are so expensive these brands.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMmau4lSDuY

I really want one now but I'm not convinced a gun at that price would make me a better shot than I am with my cheap reliable Sable.
    AngusrRoss wrote:
    I really want one now but I'm not convinced a gun at that price would make me a better shot than I am with my cheap reliable Sable.

No I don't think it would, but again it's a piece of art. And like Roger Moore would say, such good sport. B-)
    well i been pulling the trigger now for 14 years and i've yet to find an expensive gun that makes it easier to shoot. don't matter how much it costs, still gotta point it in the right direction.

must say though, if you can afford them, the likes of purdey and H&H are truly beautiful works of art, if you get chance to have a go, try it, its gorgeous.

i do however know of a guy who bought a pair of purdeys and gave one to his son who commited suicide with it. the dad apparently sawed the barrels off it, stuck them in a vice and squashed them so he could use them as a doorstop, a terribly sad situation for all involved.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • 00730073 COPPosts: 1,061MI6 Agent
    minigeff wrote:
    well i been pulling the trigger now for 14 years and i've yet to find an expensive gun that makes it easier to shoot. don't matter how much it costs, still gotta point it in the right direction.....

I have no intention to offend you, Sir, but you sound like a Sergeant Major :v

I have been pulling trigger since I was 7 ( born raised and trapped, military base camp BRAT), and while you are absolutely correct stating that no equipment can replace training, bespoke weaponry makes it indeed easier to hit what you are aiming at. Examples of this would be the highly personalized rifles and pistols used in the olympic shooting events. In a similar manner a bespoke shotgun is easier to shoot instinctively while shooting birds or water fowl. It just fits better, just like with a suit.

Oh, and while not a story about bespoke anything, the easiest pistol to point and shoot, that I have had experience with so far has been an old Pistole 08 :x (Luger or Parabellum) in 7,65Pb. It had very good pointing characteristics, almost as if you were pointing with your finger, and the light and fast bullets had a flat trajectory, which made it feel like shooting with a laser gun. .45 colt (black powder to boot) that I shot after the P08 felt like lobbing pebbles at the target. The 08 felt like a Swiss watch compared to a Glock and Sig Sauer 226 we also had on the range that day.
    "I mean, she almost kills bond...with her ass."
    -Mr Arlington Beech
    minigeff wrote:
    well i been pulling the trigger now for 14 years and i've yet to find an expensive gun that makes it easier to shoot. don't matter how much it costs, still gotta point it in the right direction.

must say though, if you can afford them, the likes of purdey and H&H are truly beautiful works of art, if you get chance to have a go, try it, its gorgeous.

i do however know of a guy who bought a pair of purdeys and gave one to his son who commited suicide with it. the dad apparently sawed the barrels off it, stuck them in a vice and squashed them so he could use them as a doorstop, a terribly sad situation for all involved.

I would jump at the chance to try one but the opportunity has never presented itself, i'm happy shooting my Gunmark Sable just now (which is my first gun, I'm only 18) would really love to try the Anderson Wheeler but that seems even more unlikely.
    0073 wrote:
    minigeff wrote:
    well i been pulling the trigger now for 14 years and i've yet to find an expensive gun that makes it easier to shoot. don't matter how much it costs, still gotta point it in the right direction.....

I have no intention to offend you, Sir, but you sound like a Sergeant Major :v

I have been pulling trigger since I was 7 ( born raised and trapped, military base camp BRAT), and while you are absolutely correct stating that no equipment can replace training, bespoke weaponry makes it indeed easier to hit what you are aiming at. Examples of this would be the highly personalized rifles and pistols used in the olympic shooting events. In a similar manner a bespoke shotgun is easier to shoot instinctively while shooting birds or water fowl. It just fits better, just like with a suit.

Sorry but I can't really agree 100% with this. I've seen guys using expensive kit and get beaten by others in just jeans n t shirts with an old favourite rifle of some kind.

True, expensive anything will feel nicer and in most cases be better made, watches, cars, firearms. I myself had invested in a new match air pistol, took it to a shoot where it promptly misfired due to over tweaking in the scrutinearing stage. I put it away, brought out my old match pistol and won the competition against a girl who was training for the olympic junior squad with a pistol worth over 6 times what mine cost. At the same shoot a guy arrived, put on his canvas jacket and matching trousers, he had on his hat, special shoes, a brim mounted iris and was using a walther match grade air rifle. His kit must have cost around the £2.5-3k mark. He was beaten by a guy in jeans and t shirt using an original 75, a few hundred quid at most. Suffice to say on learning of the results, mr flash threw the rifle in its case (yes really, threw it in), literally kicked his way out of his stiff canvas trousers and went home before we did the presentations, the sore loser.

Skill, practice and experience beats expensive kit every time. Sure, nice kit helps you progress, but you can't buy success in sport.

Oh and sounding like a SGM ain't that bad, pike. :p

Now, back to the topic before you end up scrubbing spuds :))
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    Alternative bar shirt;

C0CBB6FE-1B0A-42C4-90A9-E5599127FE59-6298-00000A16911343B0.jpg

51A3D622-026E-4958-8C8F-7C3A6A4DED7C-6298-00000A1675DCFF52.jpg
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • 00730073 COPPosts: 1,061MI6 Agent
    Aye Minigeff SergeantmajorSIR!!!!

Anyways, we are kinda agreeing here: gucci kit won't replace training, you gotta be darn good to be able to use the advantage. My dad can out shoot me any day with my grandads 10 gauge iverson black powder shottie when we're shooting waterfowl. But with guns it's so easy to blame gear, and not the shot placement.

Enough of this, I'm going back to shooting sh1t and downing bourbon, doubles, on the rocks; but this time, no reflecting!
    "I mean, she almost kills bond...with her ass."
    -Mr Arlington Beech
    Just ordered the Orlebar Brown swim shorts. How many has already bought one?
    I ordered it in orange, the SF color isn't really my taste.
  • Mr BeechMr Beech Florida, USAPosts: 1,749MI6 Agent

Cheyenne Jackson style.

Cheyenne-Jackson-Attitude-gay-shirtless-3.jpg
    Mr Beech wrote:

Cheyenne Jackson style.

Cheyenne-Jackson-Attitude-gay-shirtless-3.jpg

Haha nice, now i'm sure the orange ones where the perfect choice ;)
  • PPK 7.65mmPPK 7.65mm Saratoga Springs NY USAPosts: 1,234MI6 Agent
    Speaking of firearms, has anyone been able to indentify the holster Bond carries in the pretitles squence?
    PPK 7.65mm wrote:
    Speaking of firearms, has anyone been able to indentify the holster Bond carries in the pretitles squence?

Pic?
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,340MI6 Agent
    minigeff wrote:
    PPK 7.65mm wrote:

Pic?

Visible for a second here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEeIRhkMnSM&feature=player_detailpage#t=61s
    In relation to the leather jacket, a regular Indiana Jones jacket seems to be reasonably similar, it has the tabs on the back the same collar and seems to be a similar length its also a darn sight cheaper and there is an abundance of them online.

Indiana_Jones_Style_Jacket.jpg
  • IanTIanT Posts: 573MI6 Agent
    H&M have a shirt that looks very like the Bond in the bar/Range Rover shirt as worn under the Levis coat.

Sorry about the pic quality :# you can't see the pattern in it. But it has a slight dot pattern thing going on.

19082012051_1.jpg

Only £19.99
    Doesn't the shirt have a very subtle - flower dot kind of pattern all over it
  • IanTIanT Posts: 573MI6 Agent
    I think it does but I'm yet to find a decent screen capture of it. The H&M one is similar.
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Two upcoming video podcasts...one coming this Sunday on the Jackets of SkyFall (some surprises in store for viewers) and the the follow up will be the return of the Frugal Bond: SkyFall Edition. This will be a two episode podcast on the budget editions of some of the Bond clothes we see in SkyFall.