SkyFall Clothing, Accessories, Etc...

Comments

• DJ007DJ007 United StatesPosts: 174MI6 Agent
    Could you please provide a link for the RAF jacket? im only finding one with a collar.

Look at this on eBay:

ARMY RAF PHYSICAL TRAINING CORPS INSTRUCTOR PTI JACKET. PLAIN OR WITH INSIGNIA[PLAIN,Medium]

http://bit.ly/SJvcS1
  • ThomoThomo ReadingPosts: 949MI6 Agent
    Fantastic podcast as always. I agree with all you say about the Barbour jackets, here in the UK they are worn by gents, farmers and everyone - and they do last a life time
    Has anyone got a picture of the logo on the RAF jacket ?
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    Thomo wrote:
    Has anyone got a picture of the logo on the RAF jacket ?
    its the SIS logo im pretty sure
  • ExpatJBExpatJB HoustonPosts: 752MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    Sneak peak for all ajbers even before it hits the web site: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzwDyYFgx54&feature=youtu.be
    The Mantis wrote:
    Sneak peak for all ajbers even before it hits the web site: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzwDyYFgx54&feature=youtu.be

Great work David. Im guessing you went with the small on the Levis leather jacket? I have the medium and want a slightly more snug fit. Ive ordered the small and will see what works best.

Before I send the medium or small back (likely to be the medium) I could offer it here, if anyone is struggling to find one?
    Dont wait for your ship to come in. Swim out and meet the bloody thing.
  • redsleighdownredsleighdown USAPosts: 450MI6 Agent
    May be in for the small if you chose to keep the medium
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    I actually went with a medium in the Levis, and a medium in the Barbour...I could have done a large in the Barbour but was unhappy how it "belled" out at the bottom...with the medium I had it let out a few inches and viola...perfect fit for me. With the RAF jacket I purchased a small, even it being military fitted it still ran big so it was a good choice....for reference I am a 40R in a suit jacket.
    The Mantis wrote:
    I actually went with a medium in the Levis, and a medium in the Barbour...I could have done a large in the Barbour but was unhappy how it "belled" out at the bottom...with the medium I had it let out a few inches and viola...perfect fit for me. With the RAF jacket I purchased a small, even it being military fitted it still ran big so it was a good choice....for reference I am a 40R in a suit jacket.

Do you know what the insignia is on the RAF top - I've not been able to spot it? thanks
    It is an SIS logo...I believe there are some industrious people attempting to "clean it up" for embroidery opportunities? Remember, you want the RAF jacket WITHOUT the folding collar.
  • richmenstoysrichmenstoys GermanyPosts: 1,482MI6 Agent
    @dave...is this the correct one?

-{
    DJ007 wrote:
    Could you please provide a link for the RAF jacket? im only finding one with a collar.

Look at this on eBay:

ARMY RAF PHYSICAL TRAINING CORPS INSTRUCTOR PTI JACKET. PLAIN OR WITH INSIGNIA[PLAIN,Medium]

http://bit.ly/SJvcS1
    **everybody needs a hobby**
    https://www.instagram.com/wearitlikebond/
    they all have a web site - Joint Services Clothing, you can buy direct there too

I think that is the same as the ebay seller
    sorry, Don P, but that jacket is a different cloth than the ones posted above... similar cut but a bit different. Joint Service Clothing seems to have the closest to date.
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    edited August 2012
    hi guys,

i took a screen shot of the teaser trailer, showing bond as he gets up from the table in order to get a look at the crest on his jacket.

all i can make out is it looks a bit anchor shaped, but pixilates way too much (even at 1080p def) to get a good idea of it.

i'll keep trying to see if different file types give better results.

the only idea was if i could get a logo drawn up, you could see if the jacket supplier would put it on the jacket.

i'll keep you posted.

MG

edit;

this is as good as i can get for now;

bondjacket1copy.jpg

and it wouldnt surprise me if it was some form of artistic take on the SIS logo's crest;

Imagesource,157489,en.gif
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    The Mantis wrote:
    Curious. Thanks for the info. We shall see. Nice jacket though eh?
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    Well my XL Levis arrived today, at first when I opened the package I thought it looked far too small however it was a perfect fit (sleeves slightly long)

What surprised me was the soft feel of the jacket, in pics it looks rough

Anyhow I've never been one to buy or wear leather jackets (for some reason I've always get they dont suit me etc) however I'm very pleased with this purchase!!!!

Are there any clues on the Peacoat??

I hope its not one of these items which is last seasons and never to be found again
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • 007 and a half007 and a half LondonPosts: 595MI6 Agent
    The peacoat is not in the current Burberry range.

Im guessing Mantis had some inside info about this jacket as I think it would be hard to identify on the limited dark pics???
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Well my XL Levis arrived today, at first when I opened the package I thought it looked far too small however it was a perfect fit (sleeves slightly long)

What surprised me was the soft feel of the jacket, in pics it looks rough

Anyhow I've never been one to buy or wear leather jackets (for some reason I've always get they dont suit me etc) however I'm very pleased with this purchase!!!!

Are there any clues on the Peacoat??

I hope its not one of these items which is last seasons and never to be found again
    Nice. Ive been positively surprised by the quality. A keeper.
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,332MI6 Agent
    Great report, Mantis! Waiting for my Barbour coat to arrive in the mail; your video did not help my impatience.
  • 007 and a half007 and a half LondonPosts: 595MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:

Im guessing Mantis had some inside info about this jacket as I think it would be hard to identify on the limited dark pics???

Not really Welshy, you can easily see the Burberry coats that are short in length have different lapels and cuffs. Plus they do not have leather featuring on the back of the colour as in the product descriptions.

I don't see what the big secret is in not stating the brand in the video.
    welshboy78 wrote:

Not really Welshy, you can easily see the Burberry coats that are short in length have different lapels and cuffs. Plus they do not have leather featuring on the back of the colour as in the product descriptions.

I don't see what the big secret is in not stating the brand in the video.

Well I hope its not a rare discontinued item from a previous season :(

Maybe Mantis can chip in why its under wraps at the moment??
  • David SchofieldDavid Schofield EnglandPosts: 1,528MI6 Agent
    Of course, this pea coat is an instant classic - its worn by Daniel Craig as James Bond.

But DZ's coat on the podcast looks a bit disappointing in some ways. Pocket flaps look too big and seem to point outward aimlessly, rather than hang down, though this could be because - excuse me for saying this, Dave ;% ;) ) - the waist looks a bit too nipped in?

Though I guess we still need to see the film to know whether this was the manufacturer's intention...
    Of course, this pea coat is an instant classic - its worn by Daniel Craig as James Bond.

But DZ's coat on the podcast looks a bit disappointing in some ways. Pocket flaps look too big and seem to point outward aimlessly, rather than hang down, though this could be because - excuse me for saying this, Dave ;% ;) ) - the waist looks a bit too nipped in?

Though I guess we still need to see the film to know whether this was the manufacturer's intention...

I liked the pocket flaps though didn't notice them sticking out.

I hope you are correct, maybe this is a more budget type manufacture?? If I remember rightly he said something like "Is it Tom Ford, Prada? etc"

Maybe he is saving it for frugal Bond podcast as it fits the budget hence the secret????????
    welshboy78 wrote:

I liked the pocket flaps though didn't notice them sticking out.

I hope you are correct, maybe this is a more budget type manufacture?? If I remember rightly he said something like "Is it Tom Ford, Prada? etc"

Maybe he is saving it for frugal Bond podcast as it fits the budget hence the secret????????

I'm sure we'll know in due course.
    The pockets do flare out but that is because I had left the coat laying down for a few days with the pockets bent back (stupid) and now I have to moisten them (fine with wool) and get them to lay flat...or just wear the hell out of it...here is a quick shot of the pockets and silhouette BEFORE I mushed the pockets!

PEACOAT.jpg

And this is the correct peacoat, but out of respect for a few individuals that were instrumental in the identification of this jacket, I wanted to give them an opportunity to acquire said peacoat before the deluge begins.
    The Mantis wrote:
    And this is the correct peacoat, but out of respect for a few individuals that were instrumental in the identification of this jacket, I wanted to give them an opportunity to acquire said peacoat before the deluge begins.

No problem, respect the hard work which goes into all this searching etc

I just hope its not rare and too expensive!
    The Mantis wrote:

I don't think any of us doubted for a minute this was the correct pea coat, Dave. :o