Bond song...

Comments

• Martin AstonMartin Aston LondonPosts: 408MI6 Agent
    Well if your spelling is anything to go by then it's no wonder the song was rejected. Spam spam spam spam!!
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,993Quartermasters
    I would LOVE Adele to be asked and produce a huge anthem akin to Shirley B, Tina T etc etc.
    However, in recent years the producers have tended to go with an American artist or band, which annoys me!
    There are interesting rumours on the net about Adele but we have been here before with Amy Winehouse, remember.
    One thing IS certain though....it definitely WON'T be Any Winehouse this time...LOL.

(Sorry, is that in poor taste??)

I think Adele would be a brilliant choice...this is one of those rumours that would be too good to be true. Too much to hope for. I long to be pleasantly surprised in this regard B-)
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,677Chief of Staff
    I think Adele would be a brilliant choice...this is one of those rumours that would be too good to be true. Too much to hope for. I long to be pleasantly surprised in this regard B-)

Well, Loeff...it was Adele herself that started the rumours...so you never know....personally, I think she's nailed on to sing it...
    YNWA 97
    Sir Miles wrote:

Well, Loeff...it was Adele herself that started the rumours...so you never know....personally, I think she's nailed on to sing it...

I'll drink to that! :007) -{
  • Moore ThanMoore Than EnglandPosts: 3,173MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:

I agree with Sir Miles. It's reached the point now where I will be really surprised if anyone else is chosen. Judging by the polls Adele is the clear fan favourite and has herself stated that she will be releasing a single before the end of the year.
    Moore Not Less 4371 posts (2002 - 2007) Moore Than (2012 - 2016)
    Moore Than wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:

I agree with Sir Miles. It's reached the point now where I will be really surprised if anyone else is chosen. Judging by the polls Adele is the clear fan favourite and has herself stated that she will be releasing a single before the end of the year.

Glad to hear it...if they turn around and sign someone like 50 Cent, I'll be annoyed X-(
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,677Chief of Staff
    Moore Than wrote:

Glad to hear it...if they turn around and sign someone like 50 Cent, I'll be annoyed X-(

Yeah...me too... :))

Skyfall seems to have quite a bit of it filmed in London...and as London should/could be the place to be this year...it all ties in that Adele is a London girl too...

I'd still prefer Florence + The Machine though -{
    YNWA 97
  • martin.kim12martin.kim12 Posts: 8MI6 Agent
    have a listen and search skyfall man in the shadows
    Kevolution wrote:
    Who would you like to sing the new Bond song? Would you like a classic approach or a more modern one like QOS?

I think this song by Florence and the Machine would be absolutely perfect if it had a slight bond rift in parts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1otiuQTUYc
    hi search and listen skyfall man in the shadows
    Adele is a big noise, but her music is kind of depressing, good but depressing. It's a downer. And really, is she that different to Alison Moyet from the early 1980s? It's just soul is in more short supply these days.

Moonraker 5 suggested Coldplay some years ago, and hearing their latest sound, I wouldn't be averse. They do that big epic scope and slightly vague but important sounding lyrics.
    hi maybe
    but search and have a listen to skyfall man in the shadows.you may change your mind
    Roger Mo' wrote:
    I posted months ago that Sir Tom should get one more chance at singing a theme tune. Hearing him tonight singing one of my favourite Bond themes has just reaffirmed it. Shirley Bassey has had three goes now. I think she singing the theme for Skyfall would be cliched and would set the 'reboot' back. Vote Sir Tom! THUN-DER-BALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!! Brilliant!
    hi search listen to skyfall man in the shadows
    Kevolution wrote:
    Who would you like to sing the new Bond song? Would you like a classic approach or a more modern one like QOS?

I think this song by Florence and the Machine would be absolutely perfect if it had a slight bond rift in parts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1otiuQTUYc
    hi search and listen to skyfall man in the shadows
    mediapig wrote:
    Personally, I have been waiting a while for the Killers to do a Bond theme. I think they would be great for it, but that being said... Both of CR and QoS had male heavy vocals (yes, QoS had Alisha Keyes but I felt Jack White's vocals were more prominent.) So maybe it's time for a more classic female vocal heavy piece? Lady GaGa could be different, or perhaps Christina Aguilera? Neither are my favorite artists, but I do think they could do something interesting.
    hi search and listen to skyfall man in the shadows what do you think
    Moore Than wrote:
    I cannot think of anyone more appropriate than Dame Shirley Bassey for the 50th anniversary, she is the artist who is most synonymous with Bond title songs. GF is regarded as a classic, DAF is very popular. MR is less popular but I see it as very underrated.

If you are thinking that Dame Shirley may not have "the voice" anymore then click on the link below. You can see her performing GF at the late great John Barry's memorial concert last year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmTfohiwHnw
  • Bond_James_BondBond_James_Bond +++ Classified +++Posts: 569MI6 Agent
    Sorry. Can you say that again? I didn't quite hear you.
    The name's Bond_James_Bond
  • Mr BeechMr Beech Florida, USAPosts: 1,749MI6 Agent
    hi search and listen to skyfall man in the shadows what do you think
    Moore Than wrote:
    I cannot think of anyone more appropriate than Dame Shirley Bassey for the 50th anniversary, she is the artist who is most synonymous with Bond title songs. GF is regarded as a classic, DAF is very popular. MR is less popular but I see it as very underrated.

If you are thinking that Dame Shirley may not have "the voice" anymore then click on the link below. You can see her performing GF at the late great John Barry's memorial concert last year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmTfohiwHnw

You've said it so many times, you distracted me from doing whatever it is you insisted I do! :o
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    have a listen and search skyfall man in the shadows

That's pretty good!! I enjoyed it.
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • Web01Web01 Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    List of Bond top most themes.............

Goldfinger
    Moonraker
    Duran Duran
    A View To A Kill
    Nancy Sinatra's
    You Only Live Twice
    Paul McCartney's
    Live and Let Die..................

Cuff Links

French Cuffs
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,886Chief of Staff
    Web01, your links are HIGHLY suspicious. . .if you are here only to sell, you will be gone soon. . .
    Vox clamantis in deserto
    No official news yet. The article below puts forward reasons why Adele would be the ideal choice to sing the title song of Skyfall.

Adele to lend talent in James Bond's Skyfall
    http://www.examiner.com/article/adele-to-lend-talent-james-bond-s-skyfall

1336942013_Adele-Skyfall-0072-680x453.jpg
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Hope that outside of Germany this link works.

Yesterday, we heard this and my wife and me where looking at each other and guessed, that this could be a 007 tune.
    The beginning is very tempting, here voice gets a bit annoying the more you listen to her....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sQVjsnOdis&ob=av2n
    Ivy Quainoo - Do You Like What You See
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • StrangewaysStrangeways London, UKPosts: 1,469MI6 Agent
    Michael Buble?
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    Having watched Sir Tom and Dame Shirley ( brilliant Diamonds are Forever ) at the Jubilee Concert ... Why can't they do a duet Bond song ???

They certainly showed the youngsters how it's done that's for sure ....
  • Mr BeechMr Beech Florida, USAPosts: 1,749MI6 Agent
    Michael Buble?

Nooooooo!

I don't care for him or his voice. Sounds boyish and nasally for a jazzy singer.
  • PaperbillPaperbill FloridaPosts: 810MI6 Agent
    Adele gives it away...she will be doing Skyfall

http://youtu.be/HBlfT0ij5i4
  • zaphodzaphod Posts: 1,183MI6 Agent
    Paperbill wrote:
    Adele gives it away...she will be doing Skyfall

http://youtu.be/HBlfT0ij5i4

She says that she's going in the studio in November and Skyfall is released in October. The interview was last year, so timeline may have changed.
    Lady Rose wrote:
    Having watched Sir Tom and Dame Shirley ( brilliant Diamonds are Forever ) at the Jubilee Concert ... Why can't they do a duet Bond song ???

Here is Dame Shirley performing Diamonds Are Forever at last night's Diamond Jubilee Concert. Maybe she should do a duet with Grace Jones. :D

Shirley Bassey - Diamonds Are Forever (The Diamond Jubilee Concert 2012)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4UJfDmbuqo
  • zaphodzaphod Posts: 1,183MI6 Agent
    Moore Than wrote:
    Lady Rose wrote:

Here is Dame Shirley performing Diamonds Are Forever at last night's Diamond Jubilee Concert. Maybe she should do a duet with Grace Jones. :D

Shirley Bassey - Diamonds Are Forever (The Diamond Jubilee Concert 2012)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4UJfDmbuqo

I disagree. It would be a horrible self-referential homage, a 'relic of the cold war' and all that...we need something fresh but that acknowledges the past. Goldfrapp would still be my first choice as they know how to do lush with strings. I can live with Adele if the rumours turn out to be true.
  • jasper_lamar_crabbjasper_lamar_crabb Posts: 169MI6 Agent
    Lady Rose wrote:

I would support that. No doubt some would start moaning about them being too old, the duet being a stunt, overly camp etc., but we need to remember that EON have hired younger artists and we've ended up with some seriously crap songs.
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,308MI6 Agent
    James Bond should sing his own song, in a homage to London Jubilee year.

They should put Craig in a tree with a lute and he could sing a medieval ditty:

Oooh, I'm a merry little spy
    I'm not dour at all
    I'll sing my song sitting way up high
    You can see my thunderballs...
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    My vote goes to Rolf Harris for the skyfall theme.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."