English Football (Soccer)

Comments

• The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    You wish has indeed come true about McLeish....well, about getting the sack anyway ! I couldn't understand why he got the job in the first place :s But it seems very clear that Randy Lerner isn't prepared to invest any money in the club - and just seems to be asset stripping the squad too...dark days for all the Villa fans...

I wanted QPR to be relegated...Bolton is my home town team and I didn't want to see them drop...

It sounds like a bit of "I told you so" now, but when Lerner bought Villa, I was rather cautious. He was 'only' worth $800m which really isn't enough to build a title-challenging Premiership team. Furthermore he owned the Cleveland Browns and their fans were less than thrilled with his contribution there so why would he be further dilluting his wealth by buying a second sports team? And finally, his wealth came largely from a Mastercard franchise which is always risky. He got off to a fantastic start by listening to the supporters, developing the training facilities, restoring the Aston Hotel, paying tribute to the 1982 European Champions and bankrolling O'Neill...but then the American credit crunch hit and who knows what his personal wealth is. Under MO'N we were arguably one January signing away from a Champions League spot, now we couldn't even keep Emile Heskey if we wanted to. Dark days indeed...it's a good job we support our teams for life!
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,569Chief of Staff
    Sir Miles wrote:
    You wish has indeed come true about McLeish....well, about getting the sack anyway ! I couldn't understand why he got the job in the first place :s But it seems very clear that Randy Lerner isn't prepared to invest any money in the club - and just seems to be asset stripping the squad too...dark days for all the Villa fans...

I wanted QPR to be relegated...Bolton is my home town team and I didn't want to see them drop...

It sounds like a bit of "I told you so" now, but when Lerner bought Villa, I was rather cautious. He was 'only' worth $800m which really isn't enough to build a title-challenging Premiership team. Furthermore he owned the Cleveland Browns and their fans were less than thrilled with his contribution there so why would he be further dilluting his wealth by buying a second sports team? And finally, his wealth came largely from a Mastercard franchise which is always risky. He got off to a fantastic start by listening to the supporters, developing the training facilities, restoring the Aston Hotel, paying tribute to the 1982 European Champions and bankrolling O'Neill...but then the American credit crunch hit and who knows what his personal wealth is. Under MO'N we were arguably one January signing away from a Champions League spot, now we couldn't even keep Emile Heskey if we wanted to. Dark days indeed...it's a good job we support our teams for life!

On the positive side, AV will easily meet the new FFP rules and they have a good crop of youngsters coming through - which is the way to go for many clubs now...I doubt Villa will trouble the Champions League placings for many years to come, but a lot of other teams will be in that boat too !

Whom do you think will be your next manager ? I'm at a loss to come up with a credible name other than Paul Lambert.
    YNWA 97
  • Moore ThanMoore Than EnglandPosts: 3,173MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    I'm at a loss to come up with a credible name other than Paul Lambert.

I would have said Roberto Martinez but I've just read that he turned down Aston Villa last year. I would like to know why. He is a young manager who has done well at both Swansea and Wigan. I think the time is right for him to step up and be given the chance to manage a bigger club. Recent reports have suggested that the owners of Liverpool are considering him.
    Moore Not Less 4371 posts (2002 - 2007) Moore Than (2012 - 2016)
    Moore Than wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:

I would have said Roberto Martinez but I've just read that he turned down Aston Villa last year. I would like to know why. He is a young manager who has done well at both Swansea and Wigan. I think the time is right for him to step up and be given the chance to manage a bigger club. Recent reports have suggested that the owners of Liverpool are considering him.

Yes, Roberto turned Villa down last year...he claimed loyalty to Wigan (I'm sure that played a part) but he did talk with Lerner and I reckon he knew there would be no money available to spend and they were about to lose their two best players...and I think that played a bigger part in his refusal of the job...

As for Roberto and Liverpool..?...I can't see it for the coming season....Kenny will be given another year I'm sure - famous last words ? :)) As of this moment FSG are refusing to confirm that Dalglish is still the manager....we played some great stuff and were very unlucky in quite a few matches - there were only about half-a-dozen matches in which we didn't turn up...with a few new signings and a couple going out, I'd be hoping for a better season next year....but I still don't think we will qualify for the Champions League :#
    YNWA 97
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Moore Than wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:

Yes, Roberto turned Villa down last year...he claimed loyalty to Wigan (I'm sure that played a part) but he did talk with Lerner and I reckon he knew there would be no money available to spend and they were about to lose their two best players...and I think that played a bigger part in his refusal of the job...

As for Roberto and Liverpool..?...I can't see it for the coming season....Kenny will be given another year I'm sure - famous last words ? :)) As of this moment FSG are refusing to confirm that Dalglish is still the manager....we played some great stuff and were very unlucky in quite a few matches - there were only about half-a-dozen matches in which we didn't turn up...with a few new signings and a couple going out, I'd be hoping for a better season next year....but I still don't think we will qualify for the Champions League :#

I agree that loyalty played a part in Roberto Martinez's decision to stay at Wigan. As I understand, Dave Whelan guaranteed when Martinez became the manager that he would remain for the three years of his contract, even if Wigan were relegated. As for the lack of money, he does not exactly have a lot to spend at Wigan. Perhaps, you are right though.

As for Liverpool. The owners have an important decision to make. Get it right, and Liverpool will be back in the Champions League within a year or two. Get it wrong, and the Champions League will begin to look like a distant dream. I am not certain that Kenny Dalglish is the man to take them forward but my feeling is he will be given another season. After all, Liverpool did win the League Cup and were runners up in the FA Cup.
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,274MI6 Agent
    While we're waiting for Roy, here's a fun piece from Early Doors

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/early-doors/early-doors-picks-england-team-081327559.html

I liked his team selections of England exports and Peace and Harmony.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • Ens007Ens007 EnglandPosts: 863MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:

Agreed - good to hear a fellow red on the boards!!

I do quite like Martinez ... his side plays good football, he has found Wigan some good buys for basically no money and appears to be a well liked guy by all & sundry. I probably think that the LFC job is a tad too early for him tbh & besides, I do think that King Kenny should be allowed at least another 12 months to get things going. It would be good for FSG to come out and offer support as the rumour mill has been going bezerk in the last 48 hours. It is easy to forget that not too long ago we were actually on the brink of administration, we had 2 cowboys in charge and the club was in utter turmoil. Kenny has galvinised things, brought back hope to the fans and above all seems to have laid the foundations for the development of some very good youth players.

As you've said, we played very well in many games & ended up with nowt from them (I'm thinking Arsenal at home, WBA at home, Norwich at home etc etc - you can see the recurring theme) and our record of hitting the woodwork was beyond a joke.

Champions League is a tall order nowadays as there are 6-7 sides that could honestly get in there, but I believe we have the nucleus of a very good side and the likes of Carroll showed strong form towards the end of the season & I'm hoping that continues through to the start of the new season. The return of Lucas and the pairing of Agger & Skrtel should hopefully offer us a solid spine to the side (especially if Pepe gets his act together after a poor season).

As an aside, has anyone got any thoughts on the John Terry / Rio Ferdinand thing for England?? By all accounts Rio is out of the squad due to his injury worries so it is probably not much of a valid concern in all honesty, but I am completely at a loss as to how Terry is still revered, (in the press particularly), despite his track record, pending Court date for racial abuse and his sabotaging the last World Cup with his egotistical actions. You may have guessed it - I hate the bloke!! :D
    Oh yeah, I forgot about that farce regarding Terry last time round. Amazing.

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    Here is the England squad for Euro 2012.

Goalkeepers: Joe Hart, Rob Green, John Ruddy

Defenders: Glen Johnson, Phil Jones, John Terry, Joleon Lescott, Gary Cahill, Ashley Cole, Leighton Baines

Midfielders: Theo Walcott, Stewart Downing, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Steven Gerrard, Gareth Barry, Frank Lampard, Scott Parker, Ashley Young, James Milner

Forwards: Wayne Rooney, Danny Welbeck, Andy Carroll, Jermaine Defoe

Standby players: Jack Butland, Phil Jagielka, Jordan Henderson, Adam Johnson, Daniel Sturridge

Rio Ferdinand, Peter Crouch and Micah Richards are the most obvious omissions to me.
    Well, he's in.

Not very enthused, no Scholes as rumoured, mind you he was never as good in an England shirt as for Man U.

Others seem not quite the full ticket, then again, it's as much how the team get on together surely. Mark Carroll, dunno, seems a bit of a layabout currently in a good run of form.

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    How on earth has Downing got in?? Also thinking that Phil Jones (very poor season for Utd) and Defoe (hardly played!) are lucky to get in as well.

The likes of Michael Carrick, Crouch (good record for England no matter what they say) & Micah Richards should consider themselves to be very unlucky IMO.
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    I can't blame Martinez for not going to Villa last season - and I'm a Villa supporter! Lerner obviously made it clear that there was no money, so why would Martinez ruin a promising reputation by leaving one struggler to go to another? Villa are today being linked with Martinez, Rodgers of Swansea and Lambert of Norwich...yet why would any of those managers choose to leave their current jobs for Villa? Okay, so Villa have an illustrious history (but only two league cups and one InterToto to show for it in the past 30 years) and a great training ground...but we currently have no money and no ambition. We have a great academy and some very promising young players but we all know that just as happened with West Ham ten years ago when they sold Carrick, Joe Cole, Defoe, Lampard (who have I forgotten?) - and as we have shown over the past few years by selling our player of the year each summer including Barry, Milner, Young and Downing - that Lerner will sell anyone to anyone if the price is right. So what would appeal to Martinez, Rodgers or Lambert especially when they know that if they continue to produce decent football that a truly big club with resources and ambition will come along for them.

...as for England...what a miserable squad. The only courage he showed was in not taking Rio...but he showed poor judgement in taking Terry - a decision that could badly split the squad - and didn't gamble on any of the youth except for Oxlade-Chamberlain. Downing's had a miserable season and Jones hasn't been much better. Micah Richards has been better than Johnson yet he doesn't even get into the squad. Not quite sure where the goals are going to come from with Rooney out of the first two matches either. All of that said, it's only partly Woy's fault as most of the blame lies squarely with big clubs who for the past 20 years would rather spend GBP10m on a ready-made player from France, Africa or eastern Europe than use the same amount of money to develop 20-30 young players who will either be the stars of tomorrow or be sold - at a considerable profit - to other teams. On the bright side at least we have a decent English goalkeeper for the first time in probably 10 or 15 years!
    Moore Than wrote:
    [

As for Liverpool. The owners have an important decision to make. Get it right, and Liverpool will be back in the Champions League within a year or two. Get it wrong, and the Champions League will begin to look like a distant dream. I am not certain that Kenny Dalglish is the man to take them forward but my feeling is he will be given another season. After all, Liverpool did win the League Cup and were runners up in the FA Cup.

Your feelings are dead wrong, 007.

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    Moore Than wrote:
    [

Why did you pick on me? Sir Miles was more certain than I was. :D

According to the article below, Roberto Martinez and former boss Rafael Benitez are the early favourites.

Kenny Dalglish leaves Liverpool manager's post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18073446
    Moore Than wrote:
    Moore Than wrote:
    [

Why did you pick on me? Sir Miles was more certain than I was. :D

According to the article below, Roberto Martinez and former boss Rafael Benitez are the early favourites.

Kenny Dalglish leaves Liverpool manager's post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18073446

I was certain that Kenny would have been given another year at least...I really think FSG have got this wrong....Kenny came back in when the club was in turmoil...5pts off the drop zone and with FSG only just taking over from the toss pots that were Hicks & Gillette...Kenny steadied the club and brought a bit of pride back...

It's looks like being a complete change across the board too...Comolli went a couple of weeks ago, as has Head of Sports Science (Peter Bruckner), the chief club lawyer and the head of the media division...I wonder how long it will be until Steve Clarke and the other coaches leave too...FSG need to understand that success will not be achieved whislt they chop and change the manager every year...the next guy will come in, he will want his own players, his own style of playing and that all takes time and a LOT of money - it cost us £15m to clear Hodgson out and we wasted £50m on plans for a new stadium (which will never see the light of day)....uncertain times ahead....

Martinez...?...not convinced by him....Rafa Benetiz...?...do me a favour...a good manager, but he had his chance....Jupp Heynckes...?...hasn't managed in England before, but is a good manager....

England squad ? I'm not interested at all....I just want my clubs players back fit and well.
    YNWA 97
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    edited May 2012
    Being a Liverpool fan I must say it is sad but on the other hand necessary. I think Kenny was out of touch with the modern game, how can you go backwards after 100 million. These signings made way for people like Kuyt who scored a hat trick for Kenny against Man Utd last season if I remember rightly. I feel Kuyt has been given a harsh ride

All seemed to go downhill after the Suarez incident which should have been dealt with swiftly, Kenny bent over backwards for Luis and it all backfired.

Only problem now though is whoever comes in will probably have no money to spend, the yanks gave Kenny well over 100 million quid to bolster the squad, we have gone backwards. Will they spend another 100 mill for another rebuild? I can't see it happening
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    Rafa would prob get things back on track but is a man who like to have sufficient transfer funds

I think Martinez is most likely (there is no smoke without fire) however last month he was on there verge of getting sacked himself, would appear bizarre to have a man fighting relegation become appointed at LFC.

Brendan Rodgers???????

I have a feeling anyhow it will be someone very young and cheap!
    Sir Miles wrote:

I was certain that Kenny would have been given another year at least...I really think FSG have got this wrong....Kenny came back in when the club was in turmoil...5pts off the drop zone and with FSG only just taking over from the toss pots that were Hicks & Gillette...Kenny steadied the club and brought a bit of pride back...

It's looks like being a complete change across the board too... FSG need to understand that success will not be achieved whislt they chop and change the manager every year...the next guy will come in, he will want his own players, his own style of playing and that all takes time and a LOT of money - it cost us £15m to clear Hodgson out and we wasted £50m on plans for a new stadium (which will never see the light of day)....uncertain times ahead....

England squad ? I'm not interested at all....I just want my clubs players back fit and well.

Still, on the bright side, Kenny will be free for the England job after this summer... :D

Anyone feel like England and English club football is like the tail-end of a particularly dirty gang bang, when it's 4am and pretty much everyone has tried every position going, it's just the same old familiar faces.... :#

Oh alright, just me then.

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Being a Liverpool fan I must say it is sad but on the other hand necessary. I think Kenny was out of touch with the modern game, how can you go backwards after 100 million. These signings made way for people like Kuyt who scored a hat trick for Kenny against Man Utd last season if I remember rightly.

All seemed to go downhill after the Suarez incident which should have been dealt with swiftly, Kenny bent over backwards for Luis and it all backfired.

Only problem now though is whoever comes in will probably have no money to spend, the yanks gave Kenny well over 100 million quid to bolster the squad, we have gone backwards. Will they spend another 100 mill for another rebuild? I can't see it happening

A tad harsh there...and not really correct...Kenny had a net spend of just £23m....not that much really...and just about what the new guy will get - and then any money from player sales....

Backwards...?...Really..?...the club was 5pts off the drop zone when Dalglish took over and they looked a right mess...Kenny got the whole club pulling in the right direction and got the team back playing great football...

Kuyt was signed as a striker and has played 99% of the time as a winger...and he's too slow to play there...I do like Kuyt though, he always gives it his all...but I wouldn't play him ahead of Suarez or Carroll...

Kenny wasn't given over £100m to spend at all...as I said above...he had a net spend of only £23m....Manure spent £60m (and don't even have a trophy to show for that outlay !) and City spent..?...no idea...but WAY more than that...I think for £23m Kenny did a brilliant job, especially when you consider just how poor the squad was before he came....
    YNWA 97
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Rafa would prob get things back on track but is a man who like to have sufficient transfer funds

I think Martinez is most likely (there is no smoke without fire) however last month he was on there verge of getting sacked himself, would appear bizarre to have a man fighting relegation become appointed at LFC.

Brendan Rodgers???????

Rafa has had his chance - although there have been strong rumours that he has already spoken to Henry & Werner...

A manager fighting relegation given the LFC job..?...That's exactly what Hodgson was doing before he got the job...and that turned out well 8-)

Young and cheap ? Nobody is cheap when LFC come calling !

I wouldn't mind AVB getting the job....it's a different brief to the one he had at Chelsea....but I think he's taking the Roma job.
    YNWA 97
    edited May 2012
    Sir Miles wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Being a Liverpool fan I must say it is sad but on the other hand necessary. I think Kenny was out of touch with the modern game, how can you go backwards after 100 million. These signings made way for people like Kuyt who scored a hat trick for Kenny against Man Utd last season if I remember rightly.

A tad harsh there...and not really correct...Kenny had a net spend of just £23m....not that much really...and just about what the new guy will get - and then any money from player sales....

Backwards...?...Really..?...the club was 5pts off the drop zone when Dalglish took over and they looked a right mess...Kenny got the whole club pulling in the right direction and got the team back playing great football...

Kuyt was signed as a striker and has played 99% of the time as a winger...and he's too slow to play there...I do like Kuyt though, he always gives it his all...but I wouldn't play him ahead of Suarez or Carroll...

Kenny wasn't given over £100m to spend at all...as I said above...he had a net spend of only £23m....Manure spent £60m (and don't even have a trophy to show for that outlay !) and City spent..?...no idea...but WAY more than that...I think for £23m Kenny did a brilliant job, especially when you consider just how poor the squad was before he came....

Well it might have been a net spend however it is still 100 odd million spent regardless where it came from e.g. Torres etc

When I say backwards I am referring to the results under Kenny when he took over last season, he did a fine job getting back on track after Hodgson and we had some great wins over Chelsea, Man Utd etc and looked a real force to contend with when last season ended. I was convinced after the end of last season Liverpool would be well up there for a CL place and this was before last summers transfer spree!

Was the first part season performance due to Kennys return - an inspirational lift? Did it wear off during this season? Or did he unbalance the team forcing in the new signings?? I can't help feeling that the money he spent did more damage then good with what he brought in and the value for money was shocking
    Sir Miles wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:

Brendan Rodgers???????

Rafa has had his chance - although there have been strong rumours that he has already spoken to Henry & Werner...

A manager fighting relegation given the LFC job..?...That's exactly what Hodgson was doing before he got the job...and that turned out well 8-)

Young and cheap ? Nobody is cheap when LFC come calling !

I wouldn't mind AVB getting the job....it's a different brief to the one he had at Chelsea....but I think he's taking the Roma job.

I think Hodgson guiding Fulham to the Europa final swung the job for him

AVB - never thought of him, however he seems crazier then Rafa was
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Well it might have been a net spend however it is still 100 odd million spent regardless where it came from e.g. Torres etc

When I say backwards I am referring to the results under Kenny when he took over last season, he did a fine job getting back on track after Hodgson and we had some great wins over Chelsea, Man Utd etc and looked a real force to contend with when last season ended. I was convinced after the end of last season Liverpool would be well up there for a CL place and this was before last summers transfer spree!

Was the first part season performance due to Kennys return - an inspirational lift? Did it wear off during this season? Or did he unbalance the team forcing in the new signings?? I can't help feeling that the money he spent did more damage then good with what he brought in

You have to try and balance the books...it only shows as a net spend of £23m on the clubs books...that's all Kenny got to spend...the rest of the money came from player sales...and the 'net spend' is all that matters....

I think you are right about the 'inspirational lift' that Kenny gave them last year...but I would also have to say that Liverpool have played some great football this year - a much better brand of attacking football has been played this year since Houllier was in charge, and I would say the football played this year was better than his reign too....Liverpool have been very unlucky in a lot of games this season, the strikers just needed a bit of luck in front of goal and we would have been in the top 4....

The signings have proved to be a mixed bag really....the best have been Suarez and Enrique....Carroll has just started to show what a class act he could be...Henderson hasn't show enough but he's a young player and has time on his side...Charlie Adam was a waste of money - and that's not being wise after the fact, I didn't rate him at Blackpool and just knew he couldn't step up to the mark...Downing I have been disappointed in - I thought he would have been a lot better. Bellamy has been great value for money too...a true professional...Coates needs playing time, he looks the part but he needs coaching...

Of all Kenny's signings (and he may not have been responsible for all them, remember that Comolli was in charge of player signings)...there was only Adam I wouldn't have signed....Henderson and Coates were two signings that slightly surprised me though....

A word on Carroll...I would have spent ALL the £50m we got for Torres to sign him if that's what it needed...that's how highly I rate him...
    YNWA 97
    welshboy78 wrote:
    I think Hodgson guiding Fulham to the Europa final swung the job for him

Undoubtedly it did...but he was still fighting a relegation battle first and foremost...and he was (percieved) to be the chaep option too...!!
    welshboy78 wrote:
    AVB - never thought of him, however he seems crazier then Rafa was

That's because you only know him from his time at Chelsea...like I said...he was given a different brief for that job...then Abramovich changed his mind :s

Guus Hiddinck would be a good choice...but he doesn't fit the profile that FSG want...
    YNWA 97
    I read an alarming stat on Downing earlier on some site, I will go back and find it, god knows if it is true but it was quite shocking with regards to number of shots and assists

Coates didn't surprise me as he was of the players of the Copa if I remember rightly - hopefully he will gel

Carroll did surprise me the last few weeks, he looked a diff player for whatever reason.

Do you think Sterling will finally break through??? Kenny was holding him back(rightfully or wrong), I can't say I have seen him much but he sounds stellar
    welshboy78 wrote:
    I read an alarming stat on Downing earlier on some site, I will go back and find it, god knows if it is true but it was quite shocking with regards to number of shots and assists

Downing was bought BECAUSE he had a very high assist rating on last years OPTA stats...Henderson was bought on the back of his OPTA stats too...the start of 'moneyball' in football !
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Coates didn't surprise me as he was of the players of the Copa if I remember rightly - hopefully he will gel

He won the Young Player of the Copa America tournament...I hadn't heard of him before that...he looks a little slow and is constantly out of position...like I said, needs coaching...
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Carroll did surprise me the last few weeks, he looked a diff player for whatever reason.

Not me. The boy is class. He will be a bargain at £35m.
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Do you think Sterling will finally break through??? Kenny was holding him back(rightfully or wrong), I can't say I have seen him much but he sounds stellar

I've watched Sterling a lot...he's a very quick and tricky winger...good with the ball at his feet and can go past players and can score goals too...he's a bit small yet - he needs to fill out a bit - and still young - only 17 (his birthday is the same as mine :D ) He has every chance of making it, but I think he needs another year in the reserves yet....in fact there are a few decent players in the reserves....I like the look of Andre Wisdom...also Suso and Conor Coady...plus Eccleston could get a chance again too...
    YNWA 97
    "Seems remarkable that Downings pitiful season of no assists and no goals for a 20m outlay (and wages) has contributed to a large degree to Comolli and Kenny losing their jobs but Roy sees this as suitable form for an England call up."

From MI6 forum, some bloke called WizardOffice or something. Not a happy bunny.

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    "Seems remarkable that Downings pitiful season of no assists and no goals for a 20m outlay (and wages) has contributed to a large degree to Comolli and Kenny losing their jobs but Roy sees this as suitable form for an England call up."

From MI6 forum, some bloke called WizardOffice or something. Not a happy bunny.

Yes well, lets not let the truth spoil a good story 8-)
    YNWA 97
    The latest headline from the BBC says Liverpool have no front-runners to replace Kenny Dalglish. If true, that would strike me as being rather incompetent on the part of the owners. If they knew they were dispensing with Dalglish, they should also know who they want as his successor and be very confident about getting him. Sources close to John W Henry, apparently, are keen to stress that the owners do have a clear vision for the future of the club.

Liverpool have no front-runners to replace Dalglish
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18097439
    Absolutely gutted that the King has gone, but the club will move forward I'm sure and with any luck we'll find a top class manager / coach to replace him. A huge summer is on the cards for FSG and there's a heck of a lot of pressure now on them to make the right choice as the natives are more than a tad restless with these recent events ...