The Rant Box

Comments

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,362Chief of Staff
    They've always had the money, they just choose to spend it on really, really important things:

AA_OLD_MAN_2.jpg
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    Barbel wrote:
    They've always had the money, they just choose to spend it on really, really important things:

AA_OLD_MAN_2.jpg

Is that a photo of the recent giant Chinese take-away?
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,362Chief of Staff
    :)) Close! It's the Lord Mayor's banquet- but I just meant it as a symbol of how our leaders spend money on pomp & ceremony.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Privatise the police ? Or at least get them sponsored by some companies ?
    Loads of advertising space on the side of police cars and vans, even on
    police uniforms, like F1 drivers ! :)) vote TP.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,804MI6 Agent
    Did you know that only 3% of terrorist killings happen in the West? In my opinion this is mainly a "civil war" between different schools of thought within islam, not a war between islam and the West, as the extremists on both siodes would have you believe.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,804MI6 Agent
    edited November 2015
    It's also worth noteing that terrorist killings are up 80% from last year. ISIL is only the second worst terrorist organisation. Boko Haram in Nigeria kill more people and 80% of their victims are civilian while ISIL victims are 50% military.
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    You may remember about 6 weeks ago ,that I mentioned that some scum bag had tried to open up 6 bank accounts/cards in my name ,(which have successfully been blocked ) I did go to plod,who basically told me to sod off ,as they where far to busy to take up my case , but im ex police my son is MET ,my cousin is ex Trojan my nephew is MET ect ect ,nah sorry mate ,not our job 8-)
    Now the gentle men of Norfolk constabulary have sent me a letter telling me they are considering prosecuting me ,for doing 35 in a 30 country lane ,whilst I was on the way to hospital to see if my dad was dying , bastards X-(
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    WHAT?!?!?!?! The BS abuse is everywhere, it seems! ?:)
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    Now the gentle men of Norfolk constabulary have sent me a letter telling me they are considering prosecuting me ,for doing 35 in a 30 country lane ,whilst I was on the way to hospital to see if my dad was dying , bastards X-(

When it comes to making money you should know that takes priority these days :#

I was done for 33 in a 30mph zone. Its easy pickings.

(unless money has actually been lost, Police aren't interested in attempts fraud/credit cards. There is just so much of it, especially on line, they have to prioritise.)
    I can only say AS, if it's just a fine. I'd pay it, as you
    have enough emotional stuff to deal with, than having
    To think about this sort of rubbish.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    Amazon packaging!

2 Bond books absolutely trashed - no bubble wrap, just books rattling about in oversized box! One slipcover destroyed!
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    Sadlly as Lady Rose points out, to many motorists, the traffic police have
    become just another branch of government to get money out of you.

sorry to hear about the state of your books Welshboy, it's gutting when items
    arrive damaged.
    edited November 2015
    stag wrote:
    I've just done a quick net search & come up with the following article. It would appear that discretion has gone out of the window?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/police-crack-down-speeders-who-6166737

You beat me to it stag.

When I worked on Traffic, it was a discretionary 10% leeway at least ( or 10% + 2 ) with speeding as obviously everyday cars cannot be calibrated.

Very little the police have discretion with these day.
    i wouldnt mind ,im not moaning that much ,because i am probably due for a ticket one day :D ,but the guy who zapped me was a council worker ,not a police officer ,he was using a council radar gun 8-) (oh i wanna be a traffic cop when i grow up) :D
    i passed this guy very slowly about 20mph ,to see who he was ,he was wearing a yellow hi viz jacket (from B&Q) I said to my mum ,he is not the police ,as he had no police markings on his coat or wearing a hat ,now we was always told by our skippers ,that we was improperly dressed with out a hat ,ie not in full police uniform ,so if he was a police man ,he was a very badly dressed one .But i have read STAGS article ,and it says in big red letters THE LAW IS THE LAW ,which im fine with ,but then you have to apply the law ,you cant cherry pick ,which ones you want to deal with .If i do get a fine ,i will be straight down the tyre shop ,and send Norfolk council with a bill for a replacement VR rated Continental run flat tyre (not cheap) as the Norfolk roads are riddled with pot holes . :)
    This bloke definatley wasnt one of us :D , he was a council wannaby,there was no sign of any marked police vehicles either , as we know where to look dont we :D no im affraid just another cut in the service ,farmed out to some un proffesional dikhed,
    Yes i know some will argue speed kills ,that i know , but the people doing all the crap on the roads ,are all the uninsured un taxed stolen car brigade ,now we dare not go after them had we , no the law abbiding tax paying jo public is a much easier target X-(
  • Robbo88Robbo88 Newcastle, England.Posts: 253MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Amazon packaging!

2 Bond books absolutely trashed - no bubble wrap, just books rattling about in oversized box! One slipcover destroyed!

Or they over pack them too much. I once received a Blu-ray in a box 5 times the size of it. I couldn't believe it.
    "Sic Parvis Magna"
    "Greatness From Small Beginnings."
    This bloke definatley wasnt one of us :D ...

My hubby and I were only discussing the other day how difficult it is to distinguish police from security guards,council workers,clampers, bailiffs etc these days because of the blurred lines regarding 'uniform'. Some are very naughty and it would be easy for a member of the public to get confused.

I was watching a programme about bailiffs the other day and they were all in black with a crest/crown emblem on their clothes and van. They were actually High Court bailiffs but you'd be forgiven for thinking they were police.

It would be very easy for unscrupulous types to take advantage of vulnerable people.
    Amazing, The all look very "official police" to me.
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,693MI6 Agent
    Impersonating the police like this is illegal. The law should make it more clear that only the genuine police are allowed to wear those uniforms and drive cars with that livery. The Police Act 1996 (c. 16) s. 90 states:

90 Impersonation, etc.

(1)Any person who with intent to deceive impersonates a member of a police force or special constable, or makes any statement or does any act calculated falsely to suggest that he is such a member or constable, shall be guilty of an offence and liable on summary conviction to imprisonment for a term not exceeding six months or to a fine not exceeding level 5 on the standard scale, or to both.

(2)Any person who, not being a constable, wears any article of police uniform in circumstances where it gives him an appearance so nearly resembling that of a member of a police force as to be calculated to deceive shall be guilty of an offence and liable on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding level 3 on the standard scale.

(3)Any person who, not being a member of a police force or special constable, has in his possession any article of police uniform shall, unless he proves that he obtained possession of that article lawfully and has possession of it for a lawful purpose, be guilty of an offence and liable on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding level 1 on the standard scale.

(4)In this section—

(a)“article of police uniform” means any article of uniform or any distinctive badge or mark or document of identification usually issued to members of police forces or special constables, or anything having the appearance of such an article, badge, mark or document,

[F1(aa)“member of a police force” includes a member of the British Transport Police Force,] and

(b)“special constable” means a special constable appointed for a police area.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1996/16/section/90

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1996/16/pdfs/ukpga_19960016_en.pdf

Perhaps impersonating a police vehicle is a grey area legally or even a loophole?
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    That last photo, surely that must be illegal ?
    On the point of punishing motorists, as the Government seem to be all
    Stick and no carrot. Today I taxed my car, so why not reward motorists
    Who have never got a parking ticket, or fine for speeding for a set period
    say, five or seven years with a years free road tax ?
    Then at least the government could say ( trying to keep a straight face)
    that as well as punishing bad driving they, rewarded good driving. :D
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Be warned before you click:

video shows a policeman shooting 17 year-old LAQUAN MCDONALD who clearly did not present a thread to the police officers.
    It took the State Attorney over 1 year to start a murder trial against the shooting officer!

I am absolutely disgusted!

http://abc7chicago.com/news/cpd-dash-cam-video-shows-police-shooting-laquan-mcdonald/1098065/
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Yes, watching the news this morning, I too pointed out to my wife. That
    it's taken a year ( not to go to court) but simply for him to be charged. :#
    A minor rant, I only remembeted this from last week. With the massive cuts
    to all services in the UK, like the NHS, Police and Army ( to name a few). David
    Cameron has decided Now is the time for him to get his own " Air Force One" !
    Yes Dave must feel very annoyed when President Obama flies in, so He's decided
    The Great British Public should fund a PM's private jet. Yes " We're all in this together" :))
    so, which plane is he getting? An A380? :)) :))

I wouldn't be suprised :))
    In politics, Size is everthing ! ;)
  • GrindelwaldGrindelwald Posts: 1,296MI6 Agent
    I wish that the punks who tortured a puppy in the UK would get kicked in the *** with army boots X-(
    I haven't heard the story but Fully agree. I simply can't understand
    Cruelty to animals. X-(
    The've recently trialed some teeangers that played football with a hedgehog here X-(

They've gotten 10 months probation.

Sadly ( I don't know about German law) under UK laws, animals
    are classed as property, hence why sentences are so low. Although
    I think the courts should focus on the cruelty, torture element, and give
    a few longer sentences.