The Rant Box

Comments

• CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,250MI6 Agent
    It's stories like these that make me glad I did not work for a single second for anyone else other than myself. Good luck, Robbo, I hope all goes well for you in the future.
    Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    I was in a hurry to get home on my birthday last week (I was 56) just been to vist my dad in Norwich hospital ,he is still in there ,after suffering a stroke ,but any way I crossed over the Dartford bridge ,and like a lemon I forgot to pay, had a lot on my mind
    now ive got a £35.00 fine ,bastards
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Heard on the news this morning that Dave " I'm just an ordinary multi millionaire like you" Cameron has
    called anyone who disagrees with his plan to bomb Syria, are " Terrorists Sympathisers " :o that's quite
    a chunk of the country. I'm guessing he's decided to model himself on Donald Trump. 8-)
    News flash for Dave, it's called the Democratic system, people can disagree with you and yet not
    support terrorists. Unless of course Dave has developed s God complex ( also known as the Blair complex) ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Another Rant ,
    I heard on the southern Irish news a guy who has already done 10 years
    For killing an Irish policeman. ( for killing a Policeman I think it should be
    an automatic life sentence) Then visited his ex wife, had an argument leading
    To him. Beating her for two and a half hours, before stabbing her 13 times !
    What did he get for this attack ( attempted murder in my book) ?
    Eight years ! :o that's it ! Only eight years. There's no deterrent for violent
    Criminals, these days. X-(
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    True story:

My wife's colleague was stabbed to death by another colleague in her office.
    The murderer was sentenced lifelong for extreme cruelty ( she planned it and waited until she turned her back to her - my wife would have been next :# ) and was released shorter than 1 year after.

She applied again with the company.
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,362Chief of Staff
    Higgins wrote:
    True story:

My wife's colleague was stabbed to death by another colleague in her office.
    The murderer was sentenced lifelong for extreme cruelty ( she planned it and waited until she turned her back to her - my wife would have been next :# ) and was released shorter than 1 year after.

Let me guess- the same lawyer as Oscar Pistorius? :(
    :# It's a sad and crazy world.
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,362Chief of Staff
    Heard on the news this morning that Dave " I'm just an ordinary multi millionaire like you" Cameron has
    called anyone who disagrees with his plan to bomb Syria, are " Terrorists Sympathisers " :o that's quite
    a chunk of the country. I'm guessing he's decided to model himself on Donald Trump. 8-)
    News flash for Dave, it's called the Democratic system, people can disagree with you and yet not
    support terrorists. Unless of course Dave has developed s God complex ( also known as the Blair complex) ;)

Ah, it's ok, good ol' Dave has freely apologised to everyone he offended.... oh wait, no he didn't. Despite several MPs asking him to do so.
    All I can say is it's not very statesman like. :#
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,693MI6 Agent
    edited December 2015
    Cameron definitely shouldn't have made that remark. It didn't help his cause one jot, and I say that even though I am in favour of bombing Isis in Syria. Of course it's true of Jeremy Corbyn and John McDonnell to say they are "terrorist sympathisers" especially with Sinn Fein-IRA but to tar all opponents of launching airstrikes with the same brush seems a bit much.
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    My comments were only conceding Syria, but to say basically
    " If you don't agree with me, you must love terrorists" as Cameron
    did. Seems a bit childish, I couldn't imaging Churchill saying that.
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,693MI6 Agent
    Yes, it is childish and silly really and he should retract that but I doubt that he will once he has committed himself to that tack.
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    Had a letter back from Norfolk Police ,regarding my speeding 35 in a 30 ,(havnt they got nothing else to do ) any way they sent my letter back ,saying due to current legislation ,they couldn't accept my admission of me driving the BMW as the car is registered in my wifes name ,and I coulnt fill out the form ,(its not your car sir) WHAT , so imagine this ,hypothetically ,I am involved in a multi car pile up , and MR carrot cruncher Norfolk plod comes up and says " is this your car sir ? and I say no its not ,he will think im taking the pi*s X-(
  • CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,250MI6 Agent
    All I can say is it's not very statesman like. :#

Anyone with real brains is out there earning a proper living. Those who can't turn to politics.
    Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
    :)) True but If I had my life to live over again
    I'd be a FIFA official...... That's where the big
    Money is. ;)
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    January, GunTV in the US is starting a teleshopping channel for firearms 8-)

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/dec/02/gun-tv-home-shopping-channel
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Apparently this years "Black Friday" in the US, saw a record sale in guns.
    Which I understand, as if I lived in a country where everyone had a gun, I'd
    want one too.
    On a much less important matter.

This new idea of naming our storms ( Desmond) is the latest, who came up
    With that idea. So far all I've noticed is the usual stormy winter weather. It's
    Not like we live in a Tornado hotspot .
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    Apparently this years "Black Friday" in the US, saw a record sale in guns.
    I scored a totally cool mini-gun! fires 5000 rounds a minute! but damn.... it's too heavy. It weighs almost as much as I do. So I gave it to a bunch of kids in exchange for a car wash. They put it in a wagon & shoot at dead tree branches & squirrels.
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
    Nice to see you doing something for the community. :D
    stag wrote:
    Had a letter back from Norfolk Police ,regarding my speeding 35 in a 30 ,(havnt they got nothing else to do ) any way they sent my letter back ,saying due to current legislation ,they couldn't accept my admission of me driving the BMW as the car is registered in my wifes name ,and I coulnt fill out the form ,(its not your car sir) WHAT , so imagine this ,hypothetically ,I am involved in a multi car pile up , and MR carrot cruncher Norfolk plod comes up and says " is this your car sir ? and I say no its not ,he will think im taking the pi*s X-(

AS I'm scratching my head over this one. I may have missed something as I have not gone back through the thread & cannot remember everything you mentioned so please put me straight. You weren't stopped by the police for speeding but received a NIP through the post in your name for a vehicle which is not registered to you?

My wife received the NIP (according to the law its her car ) even though I have like most husband and wives ,its one of our family cars .So I sent the form back admitting that I was driving my car ,it has my personalised number plate on it .They sent it back saying,you cant fill out the form ,its not your car ???? .hence my hypothetical car crash question .But as I mentioned in a earlier rant , and my good buddy SM kindly gave me a update on current law :) im now still waiting for Norfolk plod ,to decide wether to prosecute me for leaving a 60 mph carriage way straight into a 30 (its the same road ) and doin me for a 35 in a 30 .
    as I mentioned earlier ,it wasn't a cop who zapped me ,but some wanna be traffic cop busy body from the community X-( get a life for christs sake.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,605Chief of Staff
    ^ would you have been happier if you were caught breaking the law by the Police ?
    YNWA 97
  • HatThrowingHenchmanHatThrowingHenchman Russia With LovePosts: 1,834MI6 Agent
    really funny story: In our town, it takes 8!!! policemen at the same time! to do these expensive pictures of you :s
    "You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"
    really funny story: In our town, it takes 8!!! policemen at the same time! to do these expensive pictures of you :s

"German efficiency" as Roger Moore might have said! :D
  • HatThrowingHenchmanHatThrowingHenchman Russia With LovePosts: 1,834MI6 Agent

"German efficiency" as Roger Moore might have said! :D

or Elliot Carver :))

seriously, all the police here does is taking pictures...
    "You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"
    Sir Miles wrote:
    ^ would you have been happier if you were caught breaking the law by the Police ?
    Yes I would ,Sir Miles ,as no self respecting cop would go to the bother of giving you a ticket for such a piddling amount .a friendly word in the ear would suffice , its policing on the cheap ,I would have even preferred a special constable , at least they are trained to the correct level. Ive been driving for 38 years ,never ever had a ticket ,never ever had a parking ticket and have driven everything from Astons to X5 s (A to X :D ) oh please yourselves :) . even as a qualified police driver ,never a blemish .ive been stopped twice by the police in 38 years ,once when I was driving the firms DB9 V12, and that's only because they wanted to look at the car, :)) and once ,at 2pm in the morning driving home from the nick , a patrol stopped my Renault 25 V6 , and asked where id been at that time of night ,to which I unzipped my jacket ,and showed them my uniform :p .Like my mate Staggy ,we have seen to many deaths resulting from RTA s to put any one off for life to speed :# This is just the governments way of saving money buy doing it on the cheap ,and that goes for the NHS too :p
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,605Chief of Staff
    But surely nobody is above the law ? Even ex-plod :D

I'd fight it if you feel that strongly -{
    YNWA 97
    :)) will do
    on a separate rant
    when did the Swedish furniture store IKEA (eye key arr )
    become ik key arr sounds bloody daft to me :)
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,804MI6 Agent
    I think the first is the English pronounciation and the other is Swedish pronounciation.

Now my rant: Tonight a hotel near Bergen burnt to the ground. About 24 hours before it was decided the hotel was to be used for emergency housing for underage refugees who arrive without their parents. It's most likely this is arson. Many buildings that were housing refugees has been burnt to the ground in Sweden, where the immigration issue is far more inflamatory (no pun intended), but this is the first time this happens here.
    People should feel free to discuss immigration and refugees (unlike in Sweden :# ), but burning down houses is just plain wrong, especially when children are involved.
  • GrindelwaldGrindelwald Posts: 1,296MI6 Agent
    Father in Norway borrowed his daughter to a pedo to molest X-(