The Rant Box

Comments

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,360Chief of Staff
    Bleedin' sat nav nearly took me down a tram line in Edinburgh earlier today X-(
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    That sounds like the SBS Bond Action Sat Nav. :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    :)) Na, just a bog standard get-you-lost-quick device.

A good friend posted this on FB recently, thought it amusing:

aa_old_man_3.jpg
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Barbel wrote:
    Bleedin' sat nav nearly took me down a tram line in Edinburgh earlier today X-(

I was not aware that you have satelite coverage (or basically any connection to the 21st Century) in Scotland :v
    Makes me wonder why men are still wearing skirts there :D
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    :)) Oh yes, I forgot about that!
  • Thunderbird 2Thunderbird 2 East of Cardiff, Wales.Posts: 2,777MI6 Agent
    That sounds like the SBS Bond Action Sat Nav. :D

I told you the software in those things was dodgy, but no, you wouldn't listen to me! The fact it has A.R.S.E. Technology would cause a panic if it was common knowledge. Uh-oh.

Higgins, considering your reputation precedes you with a pair of radioactive green obominations refered to as footwear, you are in no position to mock the kilt! :o

I really hate IPad spellcheck!!
    This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?
    Well, at least - if I want to shock you, I don't have to vent my skirt :D

The only reason I don't wear the kilt, is that nothing grows in the
    shade ! .............. and I neef all the help I can get. :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    edited December 2015
    :)) :)) :))

Maybe you can place a growing lamp underneath :D

Troops heading back to Afghanistan, :# sad news. That more soldiers
    are being sent out to fight. I can't help but feel Syria will also need troops
    For decades to come.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,804MI6 Agent
    edited December 2015
    I have a special Christmas wish for all politicians and other people in poweful positions who don't believe climate change is human made. I look out the window and it's raining and foggy. I try to remember if we've had snow for Christmas this century, and I doubt it.
    I wish those climate change deniers would go fornicate themeselves, if at all possible sideways, all Christmas long :)
    Your going very much against Donald Trump, in your thinking there. ;)
    Trump is far from alone in this and there are luntics who deny climate facts in any country. X-(
    But most of these politicians get "Donations" from the very companies
    Helping to cause the problem. :# as " The Now Show" pointed out last
    Week ( a satirical comedy show) That David Cameron ( along with other
    world leaders) signed an agreement to cut fossil fuels impact on the world.
    ........ Then as soon as he got back he passed a bill to allow "Fracking" in the
    UK, to recover ........... More Fossil Fuel ! :))
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    My feelings go out to the poor sod (firearms officer) who has been suspended /arrested on suspicion of murder for shooting a choir boy ,who was asleep on the back seat of a car ,whilst his mates were lying in ambush with a replica gun ,about to spring prisoners from a prison van , I know we have due process of law to deal with ,but ,what a lousy xmas he will have .
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    Agreed, I know there has to be an investigation, but threatened with
    arrest seems a bit over the top. :# after all we'll all be depending on
    Their skills, if there's another Paris style attack.
    I thought it odd the other day on the radio that had a discussion on
    What was legal for a Homeowner to do, if attacked in their home. What
    I found funny was the Homeowner has to follow certain rules, as do the
    Police. Yet the criminals don't have to obey any rules at all.
    My Christmas rant :D

I woke up this morning feeling like ,well death warmed up :)) ,didn't over indulge ,usual xmas dinner ,the odd bloody mary or 4,
    whole bottle of Moet ,to myself ,but its these adverts for boxing day sales ,that get my rag, open at 8 o clock ,who the hell needs to be in a shop at 8 am on boxing day ,"wake up darling its 6-30 ,we had better get washed and dressed to go shopping "
    now if my misses woke me at 6-30 ,well that would be the end of it. I feel sorry for the shop staff ,who are forced to go to work for 8am ,its not on ,there is no need for any one to go shopping at 8am the day after xmas day GET A LIFE FOR CHRISTS SAKE X-(
    Listening to the news some shops opened at 8 this morning and will
    close at 11 tonight, so happy boxing day to all those poor, over worked
    under paid workers. :#
    News flash Shopping is not an essential service.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,602Chief of Staff
    ^ it's not...but without the revenue taken at this time it's a fair bet these stores will go bust ! Then the 'overworked, underpaid' workers will only need a short stroll down to the job centre to sign on...tough call :#
    YNWA 97
    Money, the World's one true God. :))
    "Strolling down to the job centre" can be a tough call, for many the longest mile they'll ever walk. No-one has so little time they need to shop on Christmas eve.
    What people fail to realise ,in their greed to get to the stores at 8am ,is this is the thin end of the wedge , next it will have to be the banks opening,then the post offices ,then it will all spiral out of control ,and everyone will be at work ,(except the company directors of course) and all these extra customers ,will in future ,them their selves will be at work ..And there you have it ,the total population all at work under the control of Thatchers children, then they can start lowering wages ,workers rights ,holidays ,pensions ect ect ,
    its already started .Remember you read it here first folks . ;)
    You'd be suprised at the amount of men who shop on Christmas eve ( right up until closing time).
    As they've put it off, till the last minute. My wife works in retail and laughs, saying everybody waits
    for them, wandering around the store. Like zombies, no idea of clothes or shoe sizes. Desperate to
    buy anything. :))
    I'm not religious but do feel workers deserve "family time" , life is not all about work. Slowly we are
    moving to a "slave" society, with only the wealthy having the opportunity to gather as a family. While
    the lower classes, work to serve. :# Soon we'll be back to "Downton Abbey" days, with a worker getting
    one day off a month.
    Its already started in London ,they want the tubes to run 24/7 so people (they say) can get home from work ,(trying to get the sympathy vote there ) "oohh yes Mrs Scum ,we should be able to get home at 2 in the morning " I agree but what the hell are people doing working at 2 in the morning ????? ,yes police ,hospitals , ect but even they have the sense to do it on a shift ,so people can get home .No its all one big ploy to enslave the working classes again , ; ;)
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,602Chief of Staff
    So how do the people who work for the police, hospitals etc get home at 2 in the morning then ? :s
    YNWA 97
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    Its already started in London ,they want the tubes to run 24/7 so people (they say) can get home from work ,(trying to get the sympathy vote there ) "oohh yes Mrs Scum ,we should be able to get home at 2 in the morning " I agree but what the hell are people doing working at 2 in the morning ????? ,yes police ,hospitals , ect but even they have the sense to do it on a shift ,so people can get home .No its all one big ploy to enslave the working classes again , ; ;)

Actually, a lot of our shifts used to finish at 2am and 3am in the morning. It wasn't a problem as such were I worked as we had parking but if you work at a central London location ( and one reason why I avoided that at all costs) it's a lot harder. Night buses and relying on lifts from colleagues seemed to be the only way or other halves picking people up.

Lots of people finish work in the wee small hours these days. Tube drivers get paid far more than the majority of those finishing at stupid o'clock. They could at least earn it. ;)
  • Robbo88Robbo88 Newcastle, England.Posts: 253MI6 Agent
    Ahhhh The boxing day sales.

We're people think they're going to get a bargain. When in fact it's the same stuff that's been on sale all year. :))
    "Sic Parvis Magna"
    "Greatness From Small Beginnings."
    People fighting over a " Bargain", is what Christmas is all about. :D
  • Thunderbird 2Thunderbird 2 East of Cardiff, Wales.Posts: 2,777MI6 Agent
    People fighting over a " Bargain", is what Christmas is all about. :D

(A pair of green eyes aggressively blink from under the couch) I am not coming out until the madness ends!!
    This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?
    We need Ross Kemp to sort this out. :D