The Rant Box

Comments

• minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    gra... gr.... gran....... WHAT?!?!!?!!!
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,368Chief of Staff
    :)) :)) :))
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    I've heard of those...
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,807MI6 Agent
    Oh, I think Putin, may be looking forward to Prez Trump.

Maybe Putin. Perhaps AQ and ISIL too. Trump's plans to block all muslims from the US (does that include the prime minister of NATO ally Turky?) and other extreme measures President Trump is likely to come up with, would probably fit the narrative of muslim extremists nicely.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Trump has a few ideas, that simply can't be enforced, and I'm sure if elected
    they'll be quietly dropped.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Trump often adresses real problems, then suggests creacy solutions to them. There is no indication that he will act any different if he gets elected - I think it's a mixture of his personality and a strategy, but I doubt if he can and will change his strategy if he gets elected.
    Trump often adresses real problems, then suggests cracy solutions to them. There is no indication that he will act any different if he gets elected - I think it's a mixture of his personality and a strategy, but I doubt if he can and will change his strategy if he gets elected.
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    Wonder how much the crumpled handful of latex that was Johnny Depp's Trump face would sell for at auction? :D

I read an interesting article about Trump and China the other day. Although China publically dislikes Trump and have called him a "big-mouthed racist clown," there's evidence to suggest that they'd actually like him to be elected even though he's said he'd slap 45% tarrifs on Chinese imports. The reason they'd supposedly prefer Trump is partly because "China is extremely good with dealing with leaders that have large egos, who are full of themselves and who can be flattered and courted" and therefore they secretly believe they could appeal to his vanity and at least partially get their way. And secondly, because he couldn't care less about their human rights record. He's never mentioned it once in any speech or interview and in general doesn't seem to care what other countries do to their own people as long as it doesn't mess with his business plans and that appeals enormously to China.
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Some of you may know that I am nursing wild hedgehogs over the winter.
    Part of this is that I try to educate the neighbouring kids about them and about wildlife animals in general.

First question is mostly: ' Is that your hedgehog' to which I reply that they don't belong to anyone and that I only keep them as long as they need my help.

This is what outraged me today:

http://metro.co.uk/2016/04/07/a-hedgehog-cafe-has-just-opened-in-tokyo-and-we-definitely-need-to-move-to-japan-5800834/

Hedgehogs are night active animals, so it's not difficult to imagine how they enjoy being cutteled around over the day permanently.

Additionally, I wonder what will happen when they grow up and lose their 'kawaii' ( cuteness).
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    I thought hedgehogs were cute their whole lives...
    Higgins wrote:

:o

gotta admit I never saw that one coming
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    minigeff wrote:
    Higgins wrote:

:o

gotta admit I never saw that one coming
    Higgins is a very caring soul.
    He's only heartless where Dalton is concerned. :))
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    edited April 2016
    chrisisall wrote:
    I thought hedgehogs were cute their whole lives...

You've certainly not have smelled one after a night of eating and sh*tting and cleaned their place then up :D

For sure a junior with 150 gr. will bring them more money than a senior of 1300 and I know, that most japanese petshops get their puppies killed if they don't sell after 8 months.
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    *sadface* :#
    Higgins wrote:
    Part of this is that I try to educate the neighbouring kids about them and about wildlife animals in general.

First question is mostly: ' Is that your hedgehog' to which I reply that they don't belong to anyone and that I only keep them as long as they need my help.

This is what outraged me today:

http://metro.co.uk/2016/04/07/a-hedgehog-cafe-has-just-opened-in-tokyo-and-we-definitely-need-to-move-to-japan-5800834/

Hedgehogs are night active animals, so it's not difficult to imagine how they enjoy being cutteled around over the day permanently.

Additionally, I wonder what will happen when they grow up and lose their 'kawaii' ( cuteness).

Funny, but my wife gives exactly the same answer when someone asks if I'm her husband: "He doesn't belong to anyone and I am only keeping him as long as he needs my help."
  • Thunderbird 2Thunderbird 2 East of Cardiff, Wales.Posts: 2,777MI6 Agent
    Re Higgins Hedgehog Hospital (Nice work, good to see)

I kept an eye out for them in my Gran's garden in my teens. We had a pond and several outcrop areas, so made sure they were hedgehog safe. I was appauled to learn they are now No 5 on the UK endangered species list from an RSPB rep, cuckoos are No 4!

What the hell happened to all the wildlife and garden animal awareness that was shouted sbout when I was a kid?
    This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?
  • IanTIanT Posts: 573MI6 Agent
    Thunderbird 2 - check out this link: http://www.rspb.org.uk/makeahomeforwildlife/advice/gardening/wildlife-friendly_garden.aspx

Once upon a time in a military transit camp in some remote part of the UK, my chums captured a hedgehog and nestled it within the folds of our platoon commander's sleeping bag.

When he returned to the billet he was confused by the slight movement within the folds of the fabric and tentatively peeled it open. He discovered the denizen of the undergrowth snuffling about and said: "Awww, how cute!" and gently picked it up and released it back into the wild.

When he got back to his Chinese Coal Mine he discovered, to his horror, that the delightful little creature had crapped and snotted all over his bag. He wasn't happy.
    :)) :)) :))
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,991Quartermasters
    stag wrote:
    Not exactly a rant but..............

Some of you may be aware that I help run a social club for local senior citizens. Anyway Thursday is bingo day & it was my turn to call the numbers. I noticed a new face in the crowd & went over to greet him. To my amazement it was none other than Sir Sean Connery! Apparently he has just moved into sheltered housing in the locality & was looking for something to do on a Thursday afternoon. We had a really long chat & - to be frank while I was only interested in hearing about Zardos - he wouldn't shut up about his time as 007. If that wasn't bad enough he won the raffle, this caused an eruption of ill feeling of Krakatoan proportions. There was a scuffle as he came forward to claim his prize money (it was a triple rollover - £4.78) & his toupee got sucked into the bingo machine. After a few revolutions it freed itself but was rather worse for wear.

Anyway, despite the unpleasantness he promised to return next week. I did take the opportunity to invite him to join AJB & although excited at the idea he informed me that he only uses his laptop to play solitaire. However he did say he would love to answer any members questions so please PM me & I will pass them on.

Well, some people can pull it off here! Congratulations; a bit of brilliance :)
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
    Hey Stag, If you really are taking questions for your new OAP there is one thing that I have always wondered about. What does he feed his toupee?
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Having just driven up and down various motorways ect, from Kent to Norfolk today.Lorry drivers ,why do they think to themselves ,"oh the large lorry in front is doing 65 mph and im doing 65.1 mph ,I think I will over take him ," ????
    10 miles later the 40 foot arctic is still struggling to pass the other 40 foot arctic ,thus blocking both carriage ways and annoying every one X-(
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    :)) Yes it's so frustrating.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • IanTIanT Posts: 573MI6 Agent
    Well at least they're not murdering prostitutes while they're trying to overtake each other.

A lorry driver acquaintance once told me how much they really "love" it when they build up momentum for a hill and then the car in front slows down to about 55mph. Those lorry drivers just love to work the gears :))
    To be honest it gets annoying hearing this propaganda about lorry drivers killing
    Prostitutes, My father was a lorry driver and he killed no more than two or three.
  • GrindelwaldGrindelwald Posts: 1,296MI6 Agent
    Also , he accidetaly drove over them a few times , like Walken's Continental character did :))
    Can anyone tell me why my sodding soldering iron has bloody decided to fecking give up the chuffing ghost right when I need the b@5tard thing the most?! X-(
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,693MI6 Agent
    minigeff wrote:
    Can anyone tell me why my sodding soldering iron has bloody decided to fecking give up the chuffing ghost right when I need the b@5tard thing the most?! X-(

On the upside that sentence rhymes. :D
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    minigeff wrote:
    I think it's because of some phenomenon called "sods law" or some such thing!?!?
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
    I too had a disappointing day, the TV wall bracket I'd ordered arrived today, but they'd
    Only gone and sent me the wrong one ! So now it will be Friday until. I can feel that
    Mighty tool in my hand ...... As I drill into the wall...... Slightly sweating from my exertion
    ..... Feeling like a Man ! ;)