The Rant Box

Comments

• Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,693MI6 Agent
    For an "act of God" you should be able to sue the church for compensation. ;)

"But which one?" (A barrister's question). :D
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,363Chief of Staff
    For an "act of God" you should be able to sue the church for compensation. ;)

Ever see this film? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Man_Who_Sued_God
  • IanTIanT Posts: 573MI6 Agent
    A very good film

But I preferred Judy Davis in Who Dares Wins
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I did see it a long time ago, so don't have many memories of it. ;) Although
    I also had a joke argument with a mate who's a Christian on the subject.
    I wondered why he sent Aid and help to earthquake victims, as They must have
    displeased his God. So by helping he's going against the wishes of his God ? :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,806MI6 Agent
    Donald trump has said NATO is "absolete". Since I live in a NATO country bordering on Russia, I find this worrying.
    He'll probably just build a wall round Norway, that will keep it safe ! :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    :)) :)) :))
    one_political_chart_to_rule_them_all_by_ashzecat-d8ahnf2.png
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    He'll probably just build a wall round Norway, that will keep it safe ! :D

...and have Mexico pay for it!
    All this is bound to help the Mexican building industry, I have to admit
    I didn't realise they had such a good reputation. :)
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    3 things that as Peter Griffin says ,"got my goat"
    yesterday ,I rang up the quacks,to re-new my prescription , the highly qualified Harvard trained medical expert (the receptionist)
    said it would be ready at 2-30 pm ,so off I went in my new toy ,couldn't find no where to park ,it would have been quicker to have left the car at home and walked there :)) .So in I goes ,hallo my name is Dave et ect ,"sorry Dave can you come back at 3-30pm its not ready X-(
    This morning ,I dropped the girl off at the railway station again in my new toy ,gets home ,and the bloody dust men (trash collectors)have been ,now instead of putting the wheelie bin to the side ,no they left it right in the middle of the drive X-(
    so now ive either got to get out of my car or do a chicane around the bin,my wifes car and my daughters car .
    lastly I don't normally speak ill of the dead ,but Lionel Blair is on the news ,and he is reminiscing over Ronnie Corbetts sad death .
    He keeps going on about ,its so sad that Ronnie never got the knight hood he deserved ie Sir Ronnie Corbett ,
    Well im sorry ,why does Ronnie DESERVE a knight hood ,oh because he was funny ,?oh he made people laugh ?he was a good golfer
    with Brucie and Jimmy ?.This whole honours system is a total farce , "oh she was in Coronation street for 20 years ,give her an OBE
    I know someone who wipes peoples backsides for a living what do they get ?? X-(
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,250MI6 Agent
    I know someone who wipes peoples backsides for a living what do they get ?? X-(

A toilet roll and pair of rubber gloves? ;)

Seriously though, I agree with you on the honours system which is so archaic in British society, get rid of it and while we are at it strip every Sir, Lady, Earl, Baron etc. of their titles.
    Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
    After the Chinese Communist party, The house of lords is the world's second biggest
    Unelected talking shop in the world. :)) Although I am torn between keeping or getting
    Rid of them, as they have stopped some of the governments more divisive policies, and
    I do have the ambition to put on the ermine gown myself one day. :))
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    After the Chinese Communist party, The house of lords is the world's second biggest
    Unelected talking shop in the world. :)) Although I am torn between keeping or getting
    Rid of them, as they have stopped some of the governments more divisive policies, and

Lord Thunder of Pussy has a great ring to it :)) :))
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent

image.jpg
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
    Of course I would be a Sith Lord. :D
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,606Chief of Staff
    Of course I would be a Sith Lord. :D

That's all the right letters...but not necessarily in the right order :D
    YNWA 97
    :)) Well that's the dark side for you.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    Trump is OUR Sith Lord!
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
    Well ive finished of the fences today ,just the last finishing touches ,so I gets my tools out lay them all out on the lawn (on a sheet)
    kneel down in the flower beds put my left hand to steady myself (well I am 56) :D and "oh no " if your a dog owner ,you don't need to look at what you've put your hand in X-( .I cant blame her ,we have trained her to go in the bushes ,rather than on the lawn
    P1040371.jpg how can you tell this thing off :)
    :)) maybe like birds it's lucky ?
    :)) maybe like birds it's lucky ?

I will do a lottery ticket tonight ,just in case :))
    IM trying to clean my car , -( its taken 2 days now ,every time I go out side ,its either freezing cold or it starts to rain ,I should have finished it before I had my breakfast this morning ,it was warm then ,but I thought no I will eat first ,read the papers have a kip ,then do the car .who ever said KENT has the lowest rain fall of all the English counties ,needs drowning 8-)
    Lately Donald Trump managed to have three different opinions on abortion in three hours, re-tweeted a nude photo of Mrs Cruz and in general being himself. What shocked me was his recent coments on NATO. He actually had a good point! :o
    Other NATO members do pay to little for the defence of Europe compared to what the US pays, and this can not go on. Hopefully Norway will increase defense spending this year to 2% GDP (NATO's goal for all European partners.
    But naturally ho got the cure badly wrong. Some NATO members are so important that the organisation simply can't afford not to have them as members, regardless of their low defence spending. How can the US and NATO control the North Atlantic in a crisis without Norway? Some new Nato partners in central Europe that were under Soviet control in the past, simply don't have the money to pull their weight. Last, forcing NATO members to pay back even for low defence spending in the past on threath of being thrown out of NATO is shortsighted and cruel.
    Comedians and (many) Republicans must be the only ones who hope Trump will win! :D
    Comedians and (many) Republicans must be the only ones who hope Trump will win! :D
    Oh, I think Putin, may be looking forward to Prez Trump.
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    in other news I'd like to make a special announcement, especially aimed at my dear children;

my man moobs are not grab handles
    hitting my arse with a recorder does not encourage me to play musical instruments
    my **** is not a kickstarter

rant over, back on yer 'eads.
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,363Chief of Staff
    Just remember, mg, you have all this to look forward to again in 20 years or so with the grandkids! :D (Voice of experience)