The Rant Box

Comments

• AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    Yes -{
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • Thunderbird 2Thunderbird 2 East of Cardiff, Wales.Posts: 2,778MI6 Agent
    Sorry to hear you have probs mate ,but im sure all the guys here at AJB are rootin for you if that helps

Well said AS, Thunderbird too!
    This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Yes -- thinking of you MG and hope you get it all back on track ASAP.
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Sorry to hear about your problems minigeff, but as well as your Family and
    Friends, there's the whole community of AJB, wishing you well {[]
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    Sometimes life is just s**t.

You never see it coming, and when you think there is light at the end of the tunnel, it's just another juggernaut heading straight for you....

Keep going....it WILL end...and we're all here to support you -{
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
    We are all behind you MG -{
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,669Chief of Staff
    We are all behind you MG -{

I think that's what he's worried about :o :))
    YNWA 97
    :)) :)) :))
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    MG, I think your avatar is causing you bad luck. You need a power avatar, not a powerless one IMO. 8-)
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
    Judging by that young lady's expression
    I don't think there is any shortage of power
    being used. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Judging by that young lady's expression
    I don't think there is any shortage of power
    being used. :))
    I just mean it should be someone THROWING a thunderbolt, not someone getting HIT by one... :v
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    Thanks guys.

To be fair, life could be much sh1tter, I've got mrs geff and micro and a roof over my head (that'll probably start leaking next).

I feel like someone's got a doll of me with pins stuck in it sometimes, and it means a lot to know you guys are wishing me well.

I fear I'll be a few hundred quid lighter by the end of this coming week, but hopefully that'll see my motor running as it should.
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    :) -{
    I know it's a cliche, but true " This too will pass " {[]
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.

Groucho Marx
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    {[] A wise ( and very funny ) man -{
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    minigeff wrote:
    I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.

Groucho Marx

Wise words...

We are in control of how we feel....events test us, but it's how we react to them that determine the outcome.

God I'm deep....or perhaps it's the 2 vodka martinis I've had... When life gives us lemons, it's time to have a Martini with a twist -{
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    F!?King credit cards!!!

I make a purchase with Tom Ford (Milan) directly and give them my credit card details to complete the transaction. Unfortunately they try twice and say it won't go through and insist I contact my bank!

My branch is in the UK (don't have HSBC out here in the Falklands) hence my only option is to phone them. Finally get thru, can't understand a word they say (god knows where my call is actually routed too) but persevere. I'm asked for my telephone security pin - WTF??? I don't remember having one of those, I log in online. Ask if they want my Internet pin? "nope that's different" they reply and since I don't know it they "block" it and it requires resetting. How do I reset I ask? "please pop into your local branch with your passport" errr I'm 8000 miles away I reply!! "No problem pop in next time". Err I don't plan on going to the UK this year..... "We have branches in every country, please find your nearest HSBC bank". Err seriously there is no HSBC in my country...

Like banging my head against a brick wall!! Now after googling I find my Tel pin is my old 6 digit internet pin that was discontinued when dongles were brought in years ago. Hmm very logical.

Went thru this crap last year and thinking back it happened when buying from Tom Ford Milan (just clicked and remembered). How bizarre, never had problems before and hammer this card many times a week on eBay, PayPal, online etc each year in numerous foreign countries but it goes tits up with bloody Tom Ford (never even gone near my limit!)

Anyhow apparently because I didn't know my telephone pin I will have to be referred to the Fraud dept in the morning. Not sure how this will be resolved - very strange how my card hates Tom Ford though lol. Sent him a bank transfer instead!
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    I have had the good fortune to be travelling a bit recently. France last week and now Spain.

My rant is why can't you use internet services like BBC IPlayer or 4OD etc when abroad ????

It's so ridiculous. I can understand why they don't want people using it but why can't they either use a subscription service for when abroad or with iPlayer you could put your licence fee number in to access it ....

So stupid because when I am in the UK I watch TV on my TV!!! Don't need internet services
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Lady Rose wrote:
    I have had the good fortune to be travelling a bit recently. France last week and now Spain.

My rant is why can't you use internet services like BBC IPlayer or 4OD etc when abroad ????

It's so ridiculous. I can understand why they don't want people using it but why can't they either use a subscription service for when abroad or with iPlayer you could put your licence fee number in to access it ....

So stupid because when I am in the UK I watch TV on my TV!!! Don't need internet services

stayed at one of the Hilton hotels in Manhattan this year with my daughter, only to find they have no wifi
    she was not impressed the words its 2014 and catch up and join in where hurled at the poor receptionist kids eh :#
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    Your Daughter sounds lovely :))
    Is she Naomi Campbell ? Lucky she didn't have a phone in her
    Hand at the time. :p :))
    Always amazes me with regards to internet how different places can be.

e.g. Some hotels its free, some reasonable small daily charge then some crazy charge e.g. $20 per day

Same with airports, lots now have free wifi however a lot charge stupid $
    I agree, I can't understand some places charging for it ( tight gits )
    While other, coffee shops, restaurants etc offer it free.
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    My problem isn't lack of internet ... Got it coming out of my ears ... Just can't bloody access the TV stuff cos I'm not in the right stupid country .... If I was in the right country I wouldn't bloomin' need it X-(
    There are devices you can buy that let you alter your IP address - so if you are abroad you plug the device in to your computer via the USB port and 'switch' your address back to Blighty and you can watch what you want.
    YNWA 97
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    Sorry to hear about your problems minigeff, but as well as your Family and
    Friends, there's the whole community of AJB, wishing you well {[]
    +1 {[]
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
    Sir Miles wrote:
    There are devices you can buy that let you alter your IP address - so if you are abroad you plug the device in to your computer via the USB port and 'switch' your address back to Blighty and you can watch what you want.
    I have a region-free portable DVD player. :x
    chrisisall wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:
    I have a region-free portable DVD player. :x

I don't anymore...used to over 10 years ago...used to import discs from the US...but it's not worth it now...still...won't help with wifi :))
    YNWA 97
    Out here I'm limited to 20GB a month and it costs a fortune (note that includes uploading too!)