The Rant Box

Comments

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,797MI6 Agent
    I think much of the problem is this: due to liberalisation of employment laws etc. it's much easier for shops to remain open at all sorts of ungodly hours. If in one town a shop of a certain type, say shoe shops, has longer opening hours than the rest there is actually a bit of money to be made for them. But when one shoe keeps open longer, all the other shoe shops do too. The result is that no-one makes money out of it, the staff has to work impractical hours and no-one dares closing earlier in fear of leaving the evening shopper market to the competition.
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    How many Hours a Day do Shops stay open in Norway?
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    It's the Internet that is killing off these Highstreet Shops :#

yes you are probably right ,ive just ordered my espadrills off Amazon ,I would have been quite happy to have purchased them in a store, so Amazon 1 shops 0 :)
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • ACACIA_AVENUEACACIA_AVENUE UKPosts: 1,774MI6 Agent
    This might be the shopping experience you after AS

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m1fMf8CB7jE
    One of us smells like a tart's handkerchief.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,797MI6 Agent
    edited September 2014
    How many Hours a Day do Shops stay open in Norway?

Larger grocery stores are often open until ten pm, Saturdays six pm. In villages they close earlier. I just discovered the lightbulb in the bathroom has started blinking, but the grocery store closed four pm and it's was four fifteen .... :#

Other shops (shoes, sports etc.) often close earlier, often depending on the size of the shop or the shopping mall it's in.
    Not to different from ours then :)
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    It's all a slippery slope, if the shops can open seven days a week, then
    They'll want the factories. Then the offices and so on until all the. Workers
    Work ALL the time ! :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    all the Workers
    A corporate dream. They're working hard to make it real.
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
    It's all a slippery slope, if the shops can open seven days a week, then
    They'll want the factories. Then the offices and so on until all the. Workers

You have hit the nail on the head TP. Its the thin end of the wedge, the shops opened longer hours to accommodate
    all these people that had spare time on their hands,(ie the never worked weekends /bank holidays. But now,and im sure its happened to our members, every one is working longer,even the banks are open now on Saturday.So one day in the distant future,there will no people wandering around at weekends ect ,they will all be at work.You have been warned,
    the big corporations have enslaved us all.
    The MP's are getting a 9% pay rise next year X-( it is amazing that
    Nurses, Teachers etc etc offered 1% but after all They're not doing an
    Important job. "Snouts in the troughs again, lads. Let's milk the
    Country for all she's worth !" X-(
    I really, really hate all lying, hypocritical, money grabbing politicians ! X-(
    " We're all in this together!" :)) yea Right ! :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,582Chief of Staff
    even the banks are open now on Saturday.

And so they should be ! I work all week and if I needed to go to the bank I had to take time off work as the banks closed before 5pm....and don't get me started on teachers, their pay and time off X-(

I work for the NHS and the 1% pay rise isn't a pay rise at all...it's a separate payment (and only for people at the top of their band) and it will be taken away next year...
    YNWA 97
    the big corporations have enslaved us all.
    On THAT note, I work in a deli in a big chain supermarket. They used to get Perdue chickens, but to save money they started getting Tyson. Perdue ain't great, but they seem like it in comparison to Tyson. The chickens now regularly fall off the spits because they are even less well fed and live in even smaller boxes than Perdue's.
    We used to have an oven next to the chicken roasting machine. It got hot and you cooked stuff in it. When a chicken fell off a spit, you could finish cooking it in said oven. But they got a new one in recently, a super-expensive one. You don't turn it on- you program it. It goes through cycles, preheat, precook, cook, hold... you can't pic the cycle.
    So, they saved movney on the birds, wasted it on a new oven we didn't need, and today 21 chickens fell off spits and went to the trash because you can't program the new oven to 'complete' the cooking begun in another oven. And we don't have the time to turn it on and wait until it's in 'cook' mode to pop a partially cooked bunch of chickens in.

The sheer waste of the corporate world is amazing. And they STILL make money. If they didn't waste so much, they could pay workers better, and in turn make their customers happier with better service & product, and probably make EVEN MORE money- but as long as dickheads at the top insisist they know how things work that they own but never actually see or touch, the status quo will be maintained.

Feudalism, it's not just an idea, it's a way of life. 8-)
    I'm not talking about the vote in Scotland but rather the debate on letting 16 year olds vote.
    Listening to a few talk shows, I do laugh because the arguments being put forward, to stop
    Them having a vote ( in future elections ) have all been used before to argue against giving
    The vote to ....
    Women, working class men etc. :))
    As far as I'm concerned many 16 year olds are working and paying taxes ( hear that Gary Barlow) so if they are paying money to the government, then they should have a voice in who makes up their government.
    I work in a Tescos, and the Amount of Food Waste that get's ditched would blow your Mind. I've seen Cages of Bakery Bread that never sold just left out back in the Warehouse X-(
    My wife works in a franchise in Debenhams, and the stories she tells
    Of the waste, crazy management strategies, and basic f*ck ups is
    Truly astounding. :)) I'm convinced most large companies, if run
    Correctly would have double the profits. So then perhaps could pay
    A living wage to their employees. Nah ! Crazy idea, just spend the extra
    Profits on the salaries of the top men. :D
    I have worked in a few companies and the waste is everywhere, I once pointed
    Out how production could be improved in one place, it was but was I rewarded ?
    Not a chance :)) so from then on I worked on the principal that I was being paid
    " from the neck down " no more ideas or thinking from me. I was simply a beast of
    Burden. :))
    The Management above me at Work is akin to giving ten Monkeys one Banana 8-)
    :)) I have worked in places, were the management was so bad. That you'd
    Think it was the setting for a Steve Coogan comedy. :D There is a law that
    States that in management every one gets promoted to one grade above their
    Ability. :))
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Now I don't want to get off on a rant here, :D , but where I live the guys who are buying the big million pound houses aren't politicians or corporate fat cats, they're the scrap metal merchants or guys who work in waste and recycling.

I know the old saying, 'where there's muck there's brass' but honestly- am I missing something? 8-)
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
    I guess any business that deals in cash, has an advantage. As with
    No paperwork etc, it doesn't exist. ;) so with no records, no tax !
    Giving plenty of spending power.
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    I suspect you have a point there TP... :v
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
    The biggest saps, are those of us who obey the rules, live by the laws of the
    Land. Go to work pay our taxes, try and be good neighbours and good citizens.
    As the Government will screw us over Time and Time again! :# :))
    Went out shopping again this morning.I really must leave my invisibility cloak at home :) as every time I wear, it im totally
    invisible to all shop staff :)) .Went to Bluewater this morning,and it seems every store had its area manager in today (always a women) with 4 of her staff leaning on her every word.totaly oblivious to me standing next to them .In one store they even moved out of my way (had I trod in dog crap or something :)) As I was invisible I could stand next to them and listen to their game plan. They are all talking the same rubbish "oh make sure the tickets are visible " make sure its all priced",i could go on but you get the idea. Every thing they was all saying ,was to make the shop look better,so they obviously can sell more. Sell it to me im here.Now once again I must have gone into at least 20 stores,and no one even made eye contact with me ,let alone say hallo, or piss off would have been better (at least they saw me).Now I know I was good at being a plain clothes /under cover cop years ago
    managing to mix in with out being noticed ,but this is ridiculous.I mean im not ugly, or got a hump on my back,i don't smell
    I use Tom Ford :)) is it me or do people genuinely don't want to sell to me 8-) .
    You should have your own Thread for all your Rants AS :)) -{
    It seems to happen more and more, only last week. I pulled into a local
    Car dealership ( thinking of changing my "bitching" wheels) said hello
    To the two blokes cleaning the cars also waved and said Hi to the sales guy
    Coming out of the office .................... " Tumble weed" ............... After about
    15 to 20 minutes, I got back in my car and drove off ! :))
    You should have your own Thread for all your Rants AS :)) -{

Thanks Buddy ,perhaps im just getting impatient in my old age ,

But true story , wife wanted a new car ,(cant have her smashing up me Beemer can I ) ;%
    so off we goes to look at the usual collection of shopping trolleys. "Don't want a French car" but they are good darling,
    you get lots of toys on them . "Don't want another Toyota ", but they are reliable darling , ."OH look theres a Ford dealership ", "im not driving a bloody Ford ", she hisses, "but darling they are very reasonable . So drives into the Ford show room,just to have a look :s
    parks new shinny Black, personalised plated Beemer, outside show room window .Walks in .And we waited, and we waited , wife decides to open and slam car door ,yes that should get some ones attention , and we waited ,not even a wont keep you a minute sir. Sod this ,so off we went a bought
    A Vee Dub instead, :p
    You make an interesting Couple :))
    You make an interesting Couple :))

Don't even ask about the girl ? .We went to Jamie OLivers for dinner .Are you ready to order says nice girl at J Os
    "do you have chicken off the bone says daughter" (she dosent like performing culinary surgery when out eating ) :D
    "no im sorry says J O lady So up gets girl and storms off out of resteraunt "im not eating here " bloody hell" ,gives £5 to J O lady ,makes our excuses and leaves . But must say did have a nice Spanish meal instead :)
    Second Badger kill begins, the last one didn't work cost over £7 million.
    Isn't one of the signs of madness, to repeatedly do the same thing and
    Expect a different result. :#
    The government blamed the Badgers on " Moving the goalposts" for the
    Failure the last time, :)) I can't believe Dave and Nick could be outsmarted
    By a simple woodland animal ! ............... Oh, sorry I Can ! :))
    Why does it come as a surprise to some people that buying stuff in a supermarket
    Will have to be paid for. I hate getting stuck behind some women, who only after loading
    Everything ! Do they go looking for their money X-( !
    only after loading
    Everything ! Do they go looking for their money X-( !
    And why does it take so long? It's THEIR purse- don't they know where they put stuff in their own purse??