The Rant Box

Comments

• AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    Cornish Clotted Cream -{ :o
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:
    Excuse me! Clotted Cream is the only way to go and not 'fresh cream' 8-)

Fresh clotted cream. Has to be fresh and not that crud everyone seems to buy.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    Cornish Clotted Cream -{ :o

Now you're talkin'.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    stag wrote:
    Other 'delicacies' from my youth included tripe, cow heel, tongue & not forgetting 'sweetbreads' (ten points if you can guess what that is).

Ive not had the first two, but have had tounge,and the sweat breads ,they were utterly delicious , my wife wasn't too keen ,as she thought they were some poor old sheeps nuts , but a majority of SBs are just glands, but still dee-lish all the same :)
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    stag wrote:
    Forget that! You haven't lived unless you've eaten dripping!

Full English done in beef dripping = yum

And I mean a PROPER full English, non of that ethnic peace bicycle little chef crap.
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,629Chief of Staff
    stag wrote:
    Though I only tried it a few times as I recall Tripe - boiled stomach - was rank. It tasted of nothing at all & had the consistency of rubber.

Same here...never understood why people liked it...I guess it was cheap and filling...dripping is great - but the calorie content alone put me off :))
    YNWA 97
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,398Chief of Staff
    Never could stand tripe, the smell alone was enough to put me off.
    I remember having haggis for the first time and my dad explaining what it was, trying to gross me out. I just asked for some more.

Best thing to come out of Scotland if you ask me.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    stag wrote:
    A one time mate of mine used to have a liking for sea slug! You could buy them off the fish counter at my then local market. imagine a common or garden slug in its entirety - eyes on stalks & all - but much larger & boiled white. He'd buy a few, shake a bit of vinegar on then eat whole! It was like a scene from a sci fi film. I tried one & it was just like eating a bicycle inner tube.

Just describing it is enough to put me off :#
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    stag wrote:
    I'll readily eat black pudding. For those not familiar with it, it is basically pigs blood mixed with oatmeal & diced fat plus a few herbs & onion contained within an intestine, sausage fashion.

+1
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Black pudding is delicious. :x as is white pudding !
    ( same as black pudding but no blood )
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    stag wrote:
    I'll readily eat black pudding. For those not familiar with it, it is basically pigs blood mixed with oatmeal & diced fat plus a few herbs & onion contained within an intestine, sausage fashion.

With a bit of Bacon, Egg and Toast -{
    Yea, love black pudding...the finest in the world is made a couple of miles away from me -{
    YNWA 97
    Google, what is a rock hopper penguin? X-(
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    large-Rockhopper-Penguin-photo.jpg
    424BC92E-BA04-4D2A-806D-F91560428724_zpsrwkccmcz.jpg

X-(
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    You don't like Penguins then I take it? :))
  • VesperMelogranoVesperMelograno The SouthPosts: 901MI6 Agent
    Sautéed Penguin
    Ingredients:
    Penguin breasts
    1 cup of dried onions
    1 tin tomatoes
    1 tin tomato soup
    4oz. butter
    Mixed herbs
    Salt and pepper to taste

Method:
    Cut the penguin breasts into small pieces and fry in the butter until brown then add the onion. Drain the tomatoes and mash half the tin into a purée, then stir into the meat and onion mixture. Add salt and pepper and some mixed herbs and the tomato soup. Simmer until the meat is tender and the sauce had thickened.

The meat of young shags, seals and penguins makes excellent eating, but in the natural state is rather too highly flavored to be palatable. It should therefore be washed thoroughly and hung in the fresh air for a few days (in the case of shags, a couple of weeks), before cooking. The meat is further improved by blanching. Remove all blubber before cooking and replace the fat with beef suet when cooking.
    I've always wanted to have Christmas in Turkey
    Young Shags? :))
  • VesperMelogranoVesperMelograno The SouthPosts: 901MI6 Agent
    Young Shags? 
    The best kind -{
    I've always wanted to have Christmas in Turkey
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,398Chief of Staff
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Yea, love black pudding...the finest in the world is made a couple of miles away from me -{

You've moved to Stornoway???!!
    Well, Fleming liked Bacon, Toast and Scrambled Egg :)) So he most likely would have approved -{
    Barbel wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:

You've moved to Stornoway???!!

At times, I wish :D

Everyone knows the best black puddings come from Bury - but Bolton has had its fair share of winners too -{
    YNWA 97
    And not much else :))
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,815MI6 Agent
    The sad thing is that in any part of the world all sorts of
    Different people can get along, all it takes is a small percentage
    Of " nut Jobs" to kick things off, and suddenly those people are
    Living in hell. :# and all because they have a different opinion
    On whatever Holy book, they profess to believe in.
    Listening to talk shows( especially, over here) and the Religious
    Nutters get on to rant against, gay people etc. I'm so happy to be
    An atheist. I'll never strap explosives to myself ( or others), I believe
    In equality for everyone, ( not just people like me) and I'll never kill
    Anyone because their book of fairy tales is different from my book
    Of fairy tales.
    Sometimes I'm so proud of the human race, it's capable of so many
    Fantastic things, people who run Towards an explosion to help others.
    Sadly on the other hand the hatred that some have for others, leading to
    Terrible atrocities, as we've seen , and it can all be justified as doing " Gods"
    Will.
    I frankly can't understand any religion or way of life that would want to keep
    Half it's population ( I.e. women and girls) uneducated and subservient ?
    I have two daughters who have far surpassed anything I did in school
    ( I'm a bit thick) and will of on to higher education ( One has been accepted
    To Queens University Belfast ) to become Teachers, or what ever they want.
    Even more sad is that even now someone some where is planning something
    Just as, if not more horrific. :#

I'm with you all the way, TP. :#

While religions have caused a lot of grief in the world, there is one belief system with an even worse track record - atheism.
    If you look at the worst regimes of the 20th century most of them were atheist: The Stalin's Soviet Union, Mao's China, Pol Pot's Cambodia and currently North Korea. Atheists often blame religions for what has been done in the name of religion, but they don't think the same rule applies to atheist regimes. Sorry - it works both ways!
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Rant for today: People signing up here and instantly posting links to their ebay auctions plus hijacking other people's threads ( admitedly old thread) :s
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Or bringing up Threads from 2004? ?:)
    So your defence of Religion, Number24, is that they are as Blood thirsty, Cruel
    and offencive as None ? that is some praise :)) Many religions also took part
    in and made huge profits from Slavery ? Now these are the same groups who
    hold themselves up, as the Moral guardians of the Human race. :))
    The groups you name replaced one religion with another, Communism, or blind
    faith in a leader.
    Luckily I Have no time for any group that denies equality to any People for any reason.
    Neither do I have to respect any group that invested in Slavery, Sadly I view Both Religion
    and Communism as both sides of the same coin. By all means believe in whatever you wish,
    Please grant me the same right, to Not believe. ;) As you say it works Both ways, so anyone who
    belongs to a church has to accept responsibility for that Churches actions. As I don't Belong to a
    church and I'm not a member of af any Political or Communist group. I'm Guilt free. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,815MI6 Agent
    My point is that you're wrong in blaming religion. You mention slavery, but wasn't the Soviet GULag a type of slavery? Opressive regimes try to justify their actions through belief systems and most of them can be used, including atheism.
    You fail to see my Point Number24, no matter what you believe in
    Religion or Communism. If that's your belief it can be used to
    Justify anything.
    Once again your defence of religion ( supposedly from God, so
    Operating on the highest principles ) is to say it's just as bad as
    Other oppresive, hateful regimes. :)) which is brilliant praise. :D
    In fact I'm agreeing with you, many religious have used " belief " for
    Wars, killings and other atrocities. Just as other "belief" systems such
    As Communists, Nazis etc have. So using logic if all the others have been
    Proven to be evil and used to control a population and oppress any chosen
    Group, so too has Religion. :D
    Wouldn't you expect religion to act on higher principles ? Isn't it supposed to
    Come from a loving father figure ? Shouldn't it be acting against slavery and
    Injustice ?
    Yet history has proven that over the years it has happily, had holy wars, enslaved
    Entire communities, discriminated on sexuality etc.
    So all I'm saying it's not for me. ;) " I certainly didn't expect the Spanish inquisition !" :))