The Rant Box

Comments

• always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Watched celebrity big brother last night,(well I had no choice my wife had it on) :# another cheap tv show of unrecognizable bone heads ,loosers ,I mean most of these numnuts are hardly celebrities,
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Sadly another police woman has died this morning.
    Luckily they have suspects now, so hopefully Justice
    Will be swift.

As for Big Brother, it's a pile.simple as that total crap.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Yep, very interesting show ( Always Shaken also recommended it ).
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Yep, very interesting show ( Always Shaken also recommended it ).

yes and was seconded by Acacia avenue :)
    I too would have recommended it but everyone beat me ..... To it. :))
    All Murray also did a great short series on the D day landings etc.
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    chrisisall wrote:

Another small thing is the Surf Factor. Some upper management **** actually see their companies getting ready to fall, but they realize they can keep getting paid until that happens, so, who cares? They'll ride the wave down & still be set for the rest of their lives. Maybe get into politics or something...

Or they decide there needs to be cuts and saving so they sack a couple of cleaners and get rid of the water cooler but they keep their expensive company cars and 6 figure salaries ....
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    Lady Rose wrote:
    Or they decide there needs to be cuts and saving so they sack a couple of cleaners and get rid of the water cooler but they keep their expensive company cars and 6 figure salaries ....
    It's good to be the king. :#
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    I remember getting calls from some clients once that a company with whom we worked had their doors locked and our clients were stranded. There was no answer by phone, of course, but I found the mobile number for the MD and dialled it. He answered and there was a lot of noise in the background. He was sitting on a patio in Croatia enjoying himself while his staff at home were locked out, jobless, unpaid and our clients were stranded.
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    A mate of mine worked for an engineering firm. Management called him and a few colleagues in to the office one day and as they were expecting the worst, were mildly surprised by the news;

We're expanding the company and opening up a new premises in Prague. We've selected you guys as you're hard working and highly skilled, to go out there for a few weeks, set the place up and train people to use the kit. You'll be put up in a hotel, all expenses paid and it won't cost you a penny. Interested?

Well my mate was happy as a pig in ****. So it goes to show, not all management are that bad.

Oh one thing I forgot to mention though, as did they to my mate at the time; when they get home the factory will be closed down and all production will be moved to.... well, no prizes for guessing.
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    What is it about modern Britain, a bit of bad weather, and
    Schools close, trains are cancelled, roads are closed. :#
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    There's been no Snow down here, yet....
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • The Living DaylightsThe Living Daylights Solving a murder mystery.Posts: 37MI6 Agent
    I hate the wind! I hate, hate, hate, hate it! I'm terrified of strong winds. I hate it so much.
    Favourite Bonds: TIMOTHY DALTON and DANIEL CRAIG
    Favourite Bond films: QUANTUM OF SOLACE, SKYFALL and THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    I'm so tired of these hyperfocused nuts. Gee, I'm gonna go on a Bond website so can mainly talk about how I hate a particular actor's movies. Know what? I don't care much for football. Maybe I should go to a sports website! I can see it now:
    Member X: chrisisall, I see you love martial arts, is that right?
    chrisisall: Yeah, it's SO much better than football. Football is boring, and the rules are stupid, and the players are dumb.

:s
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,693MI6 Agent
    If you took Ross Kemp and all his programmes and fitted them into a black hole I'd shake your ----ing hand! X-( :))
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jwAasSkZ7pA
    Top Gear, with Ross Kemp in the boot ! :))
    His Series on Gangs was rather entertaining I thought :)
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,693MI6 Agent
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jwAasSkZ7pA
    Top Gear, with Ross Kemp in the boot ! :))

...where he belongs! :)) -{
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    Read something in todays paper ,which I thought was a bit mad,All the women politicians ,world leaders ect have been airbrushed out of the French unity get together in Paris . .This was done as not to offend ultra jewish people in Israel , who apparently don't like women ,and I thought it was just the maniacs in ISIS who kept their women hidden away ,does make you wonder ,who the real nut cases are,
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,608Chief of Staff
    Read something in todays paper ,which I thought was a bit mad,All the women politicians ,world leaders ect have been airbrushed out of the French unity get together in Paris . .This was done as not to offend ultra jewish people in Israel , who apparently don't like women ,and I thought it was just the maniacs in ISIS who kept their women hidden away ,does make you wonder ,who the real nut cases are,

In which images were these women 'airbrushed out' ? Every image I have seen has women in them...
    YNWA 97
    Two more rants
    Big bus strike in London this week , can sympathise with the bus drivers totally, Now if London buses had all remained ,London transport,they would all be getting the same pay, But the evil witch decided to sell off the buses to her school chums ,so they could milk it for every penny ,in the name of fair competition of course , (how can bus routes be in competition ) 8-)
    and secondly , I see Tescos and Morrisons are due to close a lot of stores ,due to a bad Christmas .Now some of you may remember ,my pre Christmas rant , about the shops ,ie Tescos ect .I told you so :#
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    What is it about modern Britain, a bit of bad weather, and
    Schools close, trains are cancelled, roads are closed. :#

It's not just Britain. Schools closed today in the area of Virginia in which I live, and there was barely a dusting of snow on the ground! :#
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:

In which images were these women 'airbrushed out' ? Every image I have seen has women in them...

It was in the Israeli newspaper HaMevaser:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/14/world/newspaper-in-israel-scrubs-women-from-a-photo-of-paris-unity-rally.html?_r=0
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,608Chief of Staff
    Sir Miles wrote:

It was in the Israeli newspaper HaMevaser:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/14/world/newspaper-in-israel-scrubs-women-from-a-photo-of-paris-unity-rally.html?_r=0

Ah right...thanks...that IS ridiculous !
    YNWA 97
    Ah!, More CRAZY Religion. :#
    And speaking of crazy religion ...
    http://news.sky.com/story/1408096/boko-haram-attacks-images-are-shocking-proof
    Book Haram, has killed thousands. :#
    http://news.sky.com/story/1408190/minimum-wage-firms-named-and-shamed
    With seven days a week opening, and zero hour contracts so now
    Many big companies are not even paying the minimum wage, :#
    Don't think that I have seen so many :# in a Row :#
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Not sure if it's a laugh or a rant, but here it goes:

A wife's colleage asks me for help because she has a drill which is defective after 3 months.
    Seller refuses to repair within warranty and it sounds that this will be fun with the seller/manufacturer.

Then I am receiving these pics and she said, that the front part somehow melted:

img2014121414t8xngz1pul.jpg
    img2014121414br1vo0wkmu.jpg

I am sometimes called sexist but I've told a colleague that this would not have happened if a man was involved and that I am sorry, but this is not covered :D

Women and tools......
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    :)) :)) :))
    Although I'm sure if she brought you a vacuum cleaner..... You
    Wouldn't know what it was ! :D
    And it's a Bosch as well :# :))