The Rant Box

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    " There's only two things I hate in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch.". Nigel Powers. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    I thought you said Nigel Farage then :))
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    :)) :)) :))
    Well they both like a drink!
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    sorry, Stag, it does not get better.

Maybe the vast majority honest Roma people have not been visited by you and your former colleagues?
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    It's the Way it was worded -{ But lets not get into any Spats :)
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    Yes stay away from spats and other footwear, next we'll be talking
    Trainers ! ;) :))
    The biggest Cause of Rows Worldwide :))
    I think it's sweet to see these young vagabonds running around singing.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6oWrz3EeEj4
    :)) " You've got to pick a pocket or two". :))
    This is sort of related to being mugged, but I have a Mate who plays Rugby and is built like the proverbial Brick house. He works the Doors up in London, and on one Saturday Night some pissed up Reveler pulled a Knife out on him.

He went to Pieces there and then.
    I have done a bit of door/ security work. ;) and always thought
    My biggest advantage is, I'm a big, ugly, fat B*stard !, even my
    Relaxed face ( I've been told) looks like I'm going to rip someone's
    Head off :D so most people did what I asked. ;)
    They didn't need to know that underneath, I was just a little, cuddly kitty ! :))
    What was your Nickname? :))
    Fat bloke = " Slim" :)). ( Like the Beast on the chase )
    :)) :))
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    stag wrote:
    minigeff wrote:
    stag wrote:
    Do you also want to know the truth about many of the local car washes where you go & hand over a fiver to have your car cleaned by some eastern Europeans?

Yep :D

No, I'll not bother for fear of upsetting people. You would be surprised where your money ends up though.

Ok, in that case I'll have to assume the money gets sent back home to the many sanctuaries for blind one legged clowns.
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Another cyclist killed on the streets of London by yet another bloody tipper truck ,its never a bus its never a Tesco lorry ,its never a Stobbart truck , NO its always bloody skip lorries ,I have my own view on the people who drive them ,but it would be politicaly incorrect to say who they are ,
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    The madmen of IS have said a hostage was killed in a Jordanian
    Air strike against them. Given what these butchers do to hostages, I
    For one would rather die in an attempt to free me,or kill a few of them.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,608Chief of Staff

I don't believe that for a second....IS misjudged the hostility from Jordan and are now trying to drive a wedge between Jordan and the rest...trying to get the rest to restrain Jordan...I hope Jordan continue...
    YNWA 97
    I agree that I would not believe them. This poor
    Hostage was probably killed weeks ago. Give
    Jordan the tools and let them get on with it. -{
    Just heard this morning that Fox news put on their web page the Full video
    Of the young pilots horrible killing ! :o what sick f*cks, to make his killing
    A form of entertainment X-( . Shame on them.
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:

I don't believe that for a second....IS misjudged the hostility from Jordan and are now trying to drive a wedge between Jordan and the rest...trying to get the rest to restrain Jordan...I hope Jordan continue...

Agreed.

I agree with TP too. The chances I'd being released would be minimal to say the least so I would rather go that way than in some horrendous, tortuous ordeal those barbarians had in store for me .
  • Thunderbird 2Thunderbird 2 East of Cardiff, Wales.Posts: 2,777MI6 Agent
    edited February 2015
    Just heard this morning that Fox news put on their web page the Full video
    Of the young pilots horrible killing ! :o what sick f*cks, to make his killing
    A form of entertainment X-( . Shame on them.

When I was in college I learned that literature is hard graft, television is non stop blagging, film is non stop begging and marathon running to an impossibly tight schedule and radio is high pressure on air fun. Plagiarism in any of these ends your career faster than a lit candle in an ice bucket.
    Journalism though, is a profession by f***wits, for f***wits, with no moral compass or scruples. No holds barred, and I vowed never to go down that road. Jounalistic plagiarism is simply a race to beat the competition. It's the media equivalent of politicians. I only hope some sort of legal action can be taken against Fox for promoting terrorism and advertising murder.
    This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?
    To be honest words fail me, when I heard that today, I just thought
    How low can some members of the human race go. If they had video
    Of a child being raped would the show that ?
    The thought of that young pilots death is sickening ( I shiver every time
    Thinking about it) the fact that it's then being shown ( what IS want ), I'd
    Charge Fox with aiding Terrorists X-(
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    I'd
    Charge Fox with aiding Terrorists X-(
    Sounds a reasonable course of action.
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    Imagine if some kid saw it. **** me, it'd give them nightmares.

I've seen photos of different stages of the video, and to be honest that was enough to make me feel physically sick. We've all see a film or TV show with a guy on fire, but when you see those photos and then realise, this is real. There's no protective suit, there's no cooling gel, no fireman just out of shot and no director to shout 'cut'.

Sickening. Truly abhorrent behaviour.

I'm certainly not religious, but I can't ever imagine any god, leader or enlightened spirit would ever, or could ever condone or encourage this level of brutality.

I remember travelling with my sister in her car. We were going to a place that embroiders clothing to pick up a hoodie she'd had embroidered with 'Fulham' across the back as she was living down there at the time. We were in her purple Astra on a B road, I had jeans and a mustard coloured fleece on. The radio was playing some dance music, and then a news reader came on to suddenly announce a plane had crashed into the world trade centre.

Odd how we have these 'everyone knows where they were' moments.

Who could have known this is where we'd end up. Who knows where we're going.

:(
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    As we used to say in my delivery job, "To Hell on a handtruck."
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
    On 9/11, I was still in Junior School. I'll always remember it because my Mum had told me what happened, and my younger self didn't believe her at first as I had no Idea what the Twin Towers were. Also, the Aldershot Military Garrison was placed on Red Alert.
    Very minor rant about modern life.
    I have a dog and when he takes me for a walk, I clean up after him.
    It gets lifted in a plastic bag and the poop popped into a bin. What
    I can't understand is people who pick up after their dog and then
    Either leave the bag on the ground, sit it on a wall or hang it from
    A tree branch as some " Scat" Christmas decoration ? :o
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    On 9/11, I was still in Junior School. I'll always remember it because my Mum had told me what happened, and my younger self didn't believe her at first as I had no Idea what the Twin Towers were. Also, the Aldershot Military Garrison was placed on Red Alert.

I was waiting in the school playground waiting to pick my daughter up when another parent came in and told us.

My husband was in 'Selfridges' and he said everyone just made their way to the TV/Audio section and all stood around around watching on the news ...
    I think it's our generations " Kennedy" moment. I was in a factory
    That at every news bulletin, the machines were switched off and
    Everyone would gather round the radio.
    Also to show how small the world is, two managers in the factory
    Had family working in the twin towers.
    I remember the Mood in School being rather Sombre the Day after.