The Rant Box

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    It was fun though, all that guff about steer in the direction of the skid !
    Believe me, You're a passenger along for the ride. :)) the car will stop
    When it hits something. :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    minigeff wrote:
    10-15 years is about right until bits start falling off. Major contributing factors are how well the vehicle is maintained and how it's driven.
    I tend to drive like Speed Racer. :o
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
    For a bit of information, I'm not hard on cars. When I crashed it sure it was
    11 years old, but I'd driven less than 60k miles, and it was a turbo diesel !
    I have been told by friends who know about cars that I could save money by
    buying a high mileage , but well looked after car as I do very little driving.
    My latest car after two years has done about 8k.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    For a bit of information, I'm not hard on cars. When I crashed it...
    Wait. How is this "not hard on cars"?? :))
    Well it had 11 years of an easy life. :)) , many cars die long before that. ;)
    Also it was a patch of black ice that killed the beast ,not me. :p
    it was a patch of black ice that killed the beast ,not me. :p
    No need to get all racial about it.
    I don't know what you Ameticans call it, as the tarmack is black
    You can't see it, until you're driving backwards, thinking
    " something's not right here !" :D
    I don't know what you Ameticans call it, as the tarmack is black
    You can't see it, until you're driving backwards, thinking
    " something's not right here !" :D
    Just kidding. We call it black ice as well. I took a fall on my Suzuki on some of that once, bike pinned me & we skidded for 20 feet. Lucky I had a robosuit on like Graves in DAD... bike worked fine after.
    I miss my bike... :#
    There was a great show on here last week ( I'm sure America had it first)
    Which had footage from helmet cameras from cyclists and guys on
    Motorbikes. To show their perspective on crashes. It was amazing. -{
    There was a great show on here last week ( I'm sure America had it first)
    Which had footage from helmet cameras from cyclists and guys on
    Motorbikes. To show their perspective on crashes. It was amazing. -{
    Did you see the one where a motorcycle dude crashed & flipped in the air & landed on the car in front of him like freakin' Spider-man? THAT was unbelievable. :o
    :s No I missed that one. Some of the crashes looked so bad I had my eyes closed
    as I thought, " He's dead, he's dead " :D but they all survived. -{
    :s No I missed that one.
    Here ya go:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUT0yHLhOZM
    {[] How freaking cool was that ! :)) Amazing. -{
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,483Chief of Staff
    About two years ago I had this car-

citreon.jpg

Which I enjoyed very much until I drove it through a deep puddle (not uncommon in these parts) and it died. I reported this to my insurance company,who classified the incident as "lost control" which was not true, and I didn't find out about it until I changed insurers.
    Lost control ?
    Would that make it an" emotional wreck" ? :D
    HSBC, caught doing a bit of tax dodging, helping rich clients avoid tax.
    Many of the schemes illegal, yet since2010, there has only been 1 prosecution.
    As one commentator said, if this was people on benefits, they'd be running the
    Courts non-stop prosecuting people. :#
    Also once again the guy running it was made a Lord :)) , that's his punishment. 8-)
    Even though the Government knew about this tax avoiding scheme.
    Is it any wonder so many people are looking at other political parties, when you see
    The corruption of the establishment.
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    As ive said before ,its the upper classes looking after the upper classes, If it was me or you doing a bit on the side to make ends meet ,They would come after you with the full force of the law .Has anybody seen those posters on the buses /trains ect from the inland revenue,,well how much did they bloody well cost ? . Go after the likes of HSBc ,ooh cant do that ,Cuthbert Ponsonby -Smythe,went to Harrow ,it would look bad on the school ,
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    All animals are equal....
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    :)) :)) :)). Very true !
    In tonights Evening standard ,there is an article ,regarding the people who were responsible for the London rioters ,It goes on to say
    that all those who were arrested/charged/cautioned,by the police 1,500 or so (give or take )have gone on to commit another 3,500
    crimes between them ,ranging from 12 murders to robbery,burglary,theft,rape ect ect ect, Now when is the penny going to drop with the Eton educated dimwits in charge ,these people cannot be rehabilitated ,they don't want to be .They don't want jogs in shops and offices,they don't want mortgages ,all that is for MUGS ,as they put it.These people need to be sent to prison for 25 years ,for theft, burglary,robbery. So when one of them says ,ear lets steal a car, his mate will say ,"didn't you here about Dave he just got 25 years for nikin a motor",.lets see how quickly this puts these scum out of business ,
  • hehadlotsofgutshehadlotsofguts Durham England Posts: 2,107MI6 Agent
    My programmes are being deleted on Youtube. Made playlists of every series of London's Burning. The uploader, or someone from Youtube has removed them. Where else can i watch it online as it is no longer on TV? X-(

Took me a long time to make those playlists! X-(
    Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    Ah yes, Youtube Downloader was used a lot in my College Days :))
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • hehadlotsofgutshehadlotsofguts Durham England Posts: 2,107MI6 Agent
    I'll have a look. Cheers.
    Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"
    Must try it out myself. ;)
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    It's for your 'Art Collection' is it? :v
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    Loads of good stuff on you tube ! :))
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,700MI6 Agent
    Must try it out myself. ;)

Me too - thanks for the tip! :)
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    After we watched "The Equalizer",last night, we started to trawl :# through the 900 odd channels ,to see if any thing worth watching was on ,so there we are sitting on the sofa with remote in hand ,click "no" click "no that's rubbish" click "crap, then we come across
    this poor African girl ,having her dangly bits ,being brutaly sliced off (F.G.M.) by this old woman, whilst being tied down ,by these other three women,(including her mum 8-) .The scene was set in this battered out old tin hut,on a fly infested dirty quilt in the roasting hot African sun .Now this poor girl obviously knew what was coming,she had probably been told by her school friends .
    and was understandably terrified, Now ive read about this in the papers its seems to be in the Evening standard every day . Now I know this is their tradition,under the guise of ALLAH wants it done ,(does he really)???.And I know traditions are hard to break,but its not a tradition here,in the UK ,So if you want to live here ,abide by our rules or f**k off back to Africa.As it will be us poor UK taxpayer
    who has to fork out to repair these poor girls wedding tackle (on the NHS)when they get older.There should be a huge sign hanging up at Heathrow (I don't know they can afford to fly here in the first place but that's another rant) saying ,if you practice FGM ,
    p*ss off ,your not welcome here. Thank you Mr angry of Kent X-( X-( X-(
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Couldn't agree more, AS. Well said.
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
    +1, it's a horrible practice. :#