The Rant Box

Comments

• minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    I think a lot of people are saying that this FGM issue is yet another example of the UK being too soft. By being overtly multicultural and accepting of many beliefs and practices we've now lost all national identity. Some would say that it's simply a matter of welcoming anyone who can get washed up on our shores or break in on the back of a lorry and rewarding them for their illegal efforts by clothing them, giving them housing and allowing them to import their entire family and then when a matter of cultural conflict comes up (like Captain Hook preaching racial hatred on Hyde park corner) we can't do anything about it as we're all tied up in our own human rights laws.

The matter of immigration and Muslim extremists keeps coming up time and again and the weekly 'Question Time' programme had become the weekly immigration rant.

What we need is a political party that's got the balls to say enough is enough, stand up to some of the daft EU rules and start to take control over this nation.

Over the last hundred years we've lost millions of men defending these lands and standing up for our beliefs and values. I wonder what any of those glorious dead would think about what we've let happen to what they gave the ultimate sacrifice for.

Personally I think it's time some serious changes need bringing back in, capital punishment being one of them. There's no deterrent anymore with custodial sentences, and in many cases people break the law simply to get back in jail so they can benefit from free bed and board. Many benefit claimants quite rightly claim dole as it pays better than the available jobs. We've made things that used to be seen as the last resort or punishing into rewards and the easy option.

I don't understand why we're not tougher. If an immigrant breaks the law then they should be deported, along with all their family. Why should I have to pay to keep these people here? I pay taxes so I and my fellow countrymen can benefit from having an infrastructure to support us in times of need. What benefit am I gaining from keeping a polish rapist in jail?

If I travel to a foreign country I respect and abide by their beliefs and laws. Why is it seen as such a racist and old fashioned manner to expect others to do the same when visiting my country?

MG
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Well spoken MG
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    We must accept the beliefs & customs of others in their countries and our own, but when in their countries we must abide by their beliefs and customs only at all times, only in this way can we be a truly enlightened, tolerant people.
    It's actually a politically correct superiority complex. We, as parents let the kids believe dopey s**t because we know they don't know any better.
    As Earnst said, humility is the worst form of conceit. :D
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
    Today's/yesterday's rant;

People who abuse the use of parent and child parking bays.

It's become more noticeable recently that some people are really taking the piss when it comes to this. On several occasions I've seen the following, and it really makes my piss boil.

Old people - Now don't get me wrong, some of theses people are owed a great slab of gratitude pie when it comes down to what they've done for King and country. Of that I cannot make any bad remark. However, some have decided that because of said debt owed, they can simply do as they please. They'll argue the case that they can park where ever they like as they gave so much in wartime. Fair dos. But hang on, these people fought hard so I can enjoy democracy, freedom and rights. They fought the good fight in an act of selflessness, for others' benefit, not so they could come home and claim everything as part payment of the unpayable debt.

The 'black and whites' - This is the group of idiots who cannot see any shade of grey, let alone 50. It's either black or white, wrong or right. In this case though, they don't think they're breaking any rules because they've just picked up mum from the home, and even though they are 46, and mum is pushing a ton, technically speaking they are parent and child, and so they're allowed to park in the designated bays. That's right surely?

The waiters - They've only just popped round for a loaf, so as dad waits in the car with babby, mam rushes in to get it. Dad now proceeds to sit and wait, engine running while jnr plays up.

The abandoners - Like the waiters but minus the mam part if the equation. Instead of her rushing in to buy half the shop, dad's on his own and so must do the purchasing himself. In order to make this possible there's only one thing for it - abandon child in the car.

The **** - No child, no rush and no brain. This driver takes it to a whole new level by not even having a kid at home.

Now the whole idea of that wider bay is to help me get micro out the back of the jaaaag, and the bays are closer to the shop so I don't have to go far with crazy baby. Now if you want to twist the words out about what's right and wrong in these bays, feel free. But if there's a kid knocked down elsewhere in the car park, because their parent couldn't get in a designated bay then good luck having that on your conscience.

MG -{
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,700MI6 Agent
    stag wrote:
    I have need of a disabled parking space. I'm not part of the bad back brigade either. When I visit Morrisons this afternoon I can almost be guaranteed that all the bays will be occupied by vehicles not sporting badges or 'Baby on Board'. Leaving me a long hike in a push along wheelchair.

Morrisons bad Tescos much better. I will only be visiting the former because a friend is coming along & prefers that place.

I agree that that is more than a disgrace. I would never dream of parking in a restricted space. One must think of the many others who are less fortunate. As a society we are sadly becoming more selfish though. :#
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    minigeff wrote:
    The 'black and whites' - This is the group of idiots who cannot see any shade of grey, let alone 50. It's either black or white, wrong or right. In this case though, they don't think they're breaking any rules because they've just picked up mum from the home, and even though they are 46, and mum is pushing a ton, technically speaking they are parent and child, and so they're allowed to park in the designated bays. That's right surely?

I remember years ago when my daughter was small and my hubby having a stand up row with someone who was in a 'parent & child spot' only for two lumps of teenage bulk to get out of the back seats ...

Thats annoying but I do find it even more infuriating with the abuse of the disabled badge system ...
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I once had a summer job in a supermarket car park, and all day long
    It was a running battle to try and stop people parking in the disabled
    Parking bays ! :# the arrogance and ignorance of some people,you
    Wouldn't believe.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    Talking about Disabilities, me and the OH were nearly ran over by someone in a Disability Scooter the other Day X-( Those things are bloody dangerous :#
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • Thunderbird 2Thunderbird 2 East of Cardiff, Wales.Posts: 2,778MI6 Agent
    Talking about Disabilities, me and the OH were nearly ran over by someone in a Disability Scooter the other Day X-( Those things are bloody dangerous :#

Its like cycling. My Late Grandad (may he rest in peace) was one of the first to my knowledge, to have such a buggy though his was more like a golf cart. An aspect he liked a lot. He was careful and conscientious with it, and expected the same behavior from others. That was twenty five years ago.
    Unfortunately, consideration and manners are the first thing out the window these days. Since my earlier rant about cyclists ages ago, I have decided to give up on cycling in Bristol's city centre. Its just too damned dangerous - because of other cyclists!
    This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?
    I like when someone parks in the disability spot, has the sticker to do so, then hops out of the car & runs into the store. Always makes me laugh.

Its like cycling. My Late Grandad (may he rest in peace) was one of the first to my knowledge, to have such a buggy though his was more like a golf cart. An aspect he liked a lot. He was careful and conscientious with it, and expected the same behavior from others. That was twenty five years ago.
    Unfortunately, consideration and manners are the first thing out the window these days. Since my earlier rant about cyclists ages ago, I have decided to give up on cycling in Bristol's city centre. Its just too damned dangerous - because of other cyclists!

On the Subject of Manners and Consideration, I once had my Eye Socket fractured and Nose Broken coming out of a Gig when I was 17. A Group of pissed up Cretins decided it would be funny to put some People in A&E.

Most People I see who are using mobility Scooters, are indeed those of overweight BMI.
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    chrisisall wrote:
    I like when someone parks in the disability spot, has the sticker to do so, then hops out of the car & runs into the store. Always makes me laugh.

I love speaking with them with a worried face and am often expressing that I am very sorry for their disability and if they need any further help :D
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!

:)) :)) :)) seems that everyone is faster than yourself nowadays :)) :)) :))

Most People I see who are using mobility Scooters, are indeed those of overweight BMI.
    I see them mostly get off them & walk out of the store where I am. About half seem to really need them; the rest just don't feel like standing as they shop. 8-)
    It's the same here, I mainly see it because I work in Retail.
    It's the same here, I mainly see it because I work in Retail.
    {[] So you hate the general public too, brother? :))
    Oh yes :))
    Sometimes I wonder if, in most families, the stupidest person is always sent out to do the shopping. That might explain why it seems like most of the human race is made up of idiots to those of us who work with the general public on a daily basis... ?:)
    It boggles the Mind, it really does ?:)
    chrisisall wrote:
    Sometimes I wonder if, in most families, the stupidest person is always sent out to do the shopping. That might explain why it seems like most of the human race is made up of idiots to those of us who work with the general public on a daily basis... ?:)

Usually it's the grunt who's knuckles don't scrape on the floor. You can imagine the mess of shopping smeared down the pavements as papa Ugg returns home with half a dozen empty carrier bags in tatters...
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    stag wrote:
    Also here in the UK some folks - not me though - can have free cars. Basically if you are classed as disabled you get a brand new car of your choice (within reason - no Aston Martins) & all you have to pay for is fuel. The vehicle is replaced every three years for a brand new one.

Is being an illegal immigrant a disability these days??
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • hehadlotsofgutshehadlotsofguts Durham England Posts: 2,107MI6 Agent
    stag wrote:
    Also here in the UK some folks - not me though - can have free cars. Basically if you are classed as disabled you get a brand new car of your choice (within reason - no Aston Martins) & all you have to pay for is fuel. The vehicle is replaced every three years for a brand new one.

The Mobility scheme.
    Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"
    stag wrote:

The Mobility scheme.
    I need to live there! Can I? Pretty please? I have a bad back & could use a new SAAB!
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,483Chief of Staff
    Forgive me if this one has been brought up before (I know, pot calling the kettle black):

Supermarket self-service checkouts.
    There are about 12 or 16 aisles. Only one is attended. The rest require the shopper to check the items through manually, usually needing an assistant to help a few times. However, there's always a bunch of 6 or so staff standing around talking rather than working the checkouts, one of which reluctantly has to leave their gabfest to confirm that the shopper is over 18, etc.
    With shopping my personal annoyance is, when I hand over money
    To the cashier, only to have my change slapped down on the counter ! X-(
    I like to think if I was courteous enough to hand them my payment they
    Might respond in kind.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    In defense of the people working at the cashier, the reason for this may to avoid any unnecessary contact in terms of hygiene and infections.

I know that some may object that cash is much more contagious but who knows where your fingers were before you gave me your dough :D

I could accept that if they had a little curved tray, to put the change in, but as I have no finger nails it's
    sometimes very hard for me to collect change of off a counter. :D
    curved cash trays are so 1970s - which is when we've lost you :D

ah ! the 70s, Big flares, cool cars and Sir Roger as Bond............. Happy Days ! :))
    edited February 2015
    {[]

and the times when the chicks did not wear bras :D