The Billy Reid Peacoat is a GO!

Comments

• ATSATS Posts: 128MI6 Agent
    edited November 2012
    On the off chance if anyone is selling a Medium PM me please. :) ?

thanks
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    I may have my XL that was made into a medium up for sale soon...this will be perfect for those that are around 40-42 chest. This is the coat you see in my SkyFall Jacket videos. Wool from the same batch they made SkyFall ones from....perfect condition...worn once.
  • ATSATS Posts: 128MI6 Agent
    pm'ed
    The Mantis wrote:
    I may have my XL that was made into a medium up for sale soon...this will be perfect for those that are around 40-42 chest. This is the coat you see in my SkyFall Jacket videos. Wool from the same batch they made SkyFall ones from....perfect condition...worn once.
  • MarcoMarco Central EuropePosts: 130MI6 Agent
    Question to all of you having both the Billy Reid peacoat and the Barbour To Ki To sport jacket.
    Do you have them of the same size or you have them in two different sizes because one wears smaller then the other?
    Thank you for answers as based on them I will know which size I must go with the BR peacoat.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    Mine are same size Marco
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • MarcoMarco Central EuropePosts: 130MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Mine are same size Marco
    Did you get the XXL?
    Yes I did however I needed for my shoulders more then anything (both jackets narrow in this department for my size)
  • ReturningsonReturningson Posts: 560MI6 Agent
    i got the billy reid in medium and after some time spent on reading the entire Lodge jacket thread, i ordered a medium Barbour as well..
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,342MI6 Agent
    Barbour - Medium, sleeves shortened, hood removed
    Levis - Medium, sleeves shortened
    BR - Small
    :))
  • MI6 COMMANDERMI6 COMMANDER Posts: 23MI6 Agent
    Additional data, no adjustments needed

Levis Menlo - Medium
    BR - Medium
  • pelicanpelican Posts: 6MI6 Agent
    Now you guys have me worried. I am 5'11", 41" chest. I ordered a Large. Should it be ok or too big?
  • Mister_EMister_E Posts: 7MI6 Agent
    Similar chest size to me but I decided to switch to a medium to be safe. I hope it fits well ! ?:)
    Depending on how you want the peacoat to fit (snug or loose), I believe the large is too big. I'm 6'1'' with a 42 chest.
  • HoangoneHoangone Posts: 7MI6 Agent
    LVC Menlo-Small
    Barbour-Medium
    Billy Reid-Small
    Depending on how you want the peacoat to fit (snug or loose), I believe the large is too big. I'm 6'1'' with a 42 chest.

Well I want it in-between. I don't want skin tight about to rip the buttons off snug, but I don't want ridiculously large either. Going by their size chart 41" is the MAX for the medium. You guys say M is fine. Going by the chart and matt at BR said to go with L.

So stressful :s
    My medium allows me to wear two layers (i.e., dress shirt, jumper) even a scarf. It's not skin tight, just right on with how Bond wears it in Skyfall. I honestly believe, based on your specs, that a Medium would be best to get the Bond fit. I too was told to go with a Large, glad I chose a Medium. Hope this helps. {:)
  • stripestripe Posts: 66MI6 Agent
    My Coat finally arrived today, Glad I got the large, it fits perfectly. :)
  • 00 Status00 Status Posts: 2MI6 Agent
    stripe wrote:

What are your measurements? I ordered a large as well.
  • 96mn1296mn12 Posts: 632MI6 Agent
    My best advise to everyone is get the coat that is closest to your true size. Then tailor it. I had 4 coats total (XXL blue, XXL chocolate, XL blue and L blue) and I can tell you that they all fitted differently. The XXL chocolate is the tightest , has almost no play and fits perfectly, save for 1" on the sleeves that I had taken in.

The XXL blue was huge, so that was returned. The sleeves were at least 2" longer than where I wear them, and it was just too big. The XL blue was almost perfect, but a bit of space on the midsection. The L blue fits almost the same as the XXL chocolate, just tight enough to where it looks fitted, but you can still move freely.

I decided to keep the L blue and the XXL chocolate. The others were returned/sold

Just my two cents worth
  • MoncktonMonckton LondonPosts: 11MI6 Agent
    Just got my size large today. 5' 10", 180 lbs and 41" chest. Fits perfectly. With the Smedley Bobby underneath there is room enough so that it still looks good moving and sitting with it done up, but probably not enough room for a heavy chunky sweater.

I wanted a fairly fitted look and am very pleased with the look and fit.
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Some pics of the coat I have for sale...as a reminder this will fit someone between a medium and large...the best of both worlds...in hand and ready to ship. Will come with a few surprise goodies!

photo_1_10.jpg

photo_2_10.jpg
  • ChrisbkremeChrisbkreme United StatesPosts: 54MI6 Agent
    Still looking for a small
  • CedricCedric Posts: 94MI6 Agent
    Hoangone wrote:
    LVC Menlo-Small
    Barbour-Medium
    Billy Reid-Small

What are your measurements/wheight?
  • Mister_EMister_E Posts: 7MI6 Agent
    Monckton wrote:
    Just got my size large today. 5' 10", 180 lbs and 41" chest. Fits perfectly. With the Smedley Bobby underneath there is room enough so that it still looks good moving and sitting with it done up, but probably not enough room for a heavy chunky sweater.

I wanted a fairly fitted look and am very pleased with the look and fit.

I hope I haven't made a mistake switching from a large to a medium!!!
  • chartfieldchartfield Posts: 10MI6 Agent
    edited November 2012
    Hi All,

I have a Med on order but after spending several hours trying on jackets yesterday I am now concerned. Naturally I have the frame structure of about a 36 Reg jacket. But after years of the gym my chest measurement is 41-42. These extra inches are made up from chest and lat muscle. I am 5'9, shoulders measure 18 inch across, but still any coat that said around a 40 inch was far too big. I tried a few Barbour wax jackets on, med far to big, small in most styles was a good fit and I ended up purchasing a Barbour Black snapper jacket in small. However I also tried on some non wax style barbour jackets and even the small was to big for me. Another Barbour style jacket was sized by chest size and it was the 36 R that fitted best. Anyway after all this I am now confussed over sizing and am hoping a few people who have received their peacoats with simalar stats would be good enough to post measurements and some photos.

Also if anyone is in the uk area of Brighton and has the Peacoat in either a med or a small I would be most greatfull if I could meet with you and try it on.

Many thanks in advance.
  • stripestripe Posts: 66MI6 Agent
    00 Status wrote:
    stripe wrote:

What are your measurements? I ordered a large as well.

I'm 5'10, 42 1/2" chest.
    ok I'm sticking with the Large
  • RYH666RYH666 UKPosts: 105MI6 Agent
    hi Guys,
    too those who have there jackets, got mine and love it in medium only thing was looking at is the leather accents on the pockets. In the picture on billy reids website its a dark brown on mine im sure its black? what about everyone else? Ryan
    Think mine is dark brown however mine is not a reissue so could be diff
  • RYH666RYH666 UKPosts: 105MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Think mine is dark brown however mine is not a reissue so could be diff
    Cheers mate, yeah was hoping the reissue would be screen accurate though wonder what other have? Tried mine in different lighting and pretty sure especially the pockets are black.