The Billy Reid Peacoat is a GO!

Comments

• ReturningsonReturningson Posts: 560MI6 Agent
    Sorry for the picture quality. My camera is barely hanging on... :))
  • RYH666RYH666 UKPosts: 105MI6 Agent
    The Name's Son. Returning Son :))

Got my pea coat today and LOVE it. The cut, styling, material all top quality. The fit is amazing. Once you slip this on, you really do feel like Bond (I think it channels more of a 1960s era Bond but thats me).

My stats for sizing is I wear a 38R suit with 32 R pants. im 5'10, slim athletic athletic build. Peacoat fits perfect but be careful of what you read because it DOES FIT SLIM.

And for those wondering, the gloves are Dents Silk Lined (5-9000) not Skyfall accurate but an amazing pair of gloves that look the part. The trousers are actually a VERY old pair of H&M that I found in my closet. (These were bought years ago during my high school graduation days). Shirt is Boss Black. Tie is a Ralph Lauren Black Label.

DSC06666.jpg

DSC06665.jpg

DSC06667.jpg

DSC06668.jpg

this is literally 5 minutes fresh out of the box
    DSC06669.jpg

Hi mate what size is it your wearing as im like same stats and have ordered a medium im one of those whose had the delay, Ryan
  • 96mn1296mn12 Posts: 632MI6 Agent
    The Name's Son. Returning Son :))

Got my pea coat today and LOVE it. The cut, styling, material all top quality. The fit is amazing. Once you slip this on, you really do feel like Bond (I think it channels more of a 1960s era Bond but thats me).

My stats for sizing is I wear a 38R suit with 32 R pants. im 5'10, slim athletic athletic build. Peacoat fits perfect but be careful of what you read because it DOES FIT SLIM.

What size did you order?
    its a MEDIUM -{
  • TheExit148TheExit148 Posts: 562MI6 Agent
    That medium fits you perfect. Nice looking jacket you have there!
    Thanks! :)
  • MI6 COMMANDERMI6 COMMANDER Posts: 23MI6 Agent
    edited November 2012
    Received my medium-sized Bond Peacoat today!!! Fits like a glove. I'm 6'1'', 190 lbs, 42R suit, light athletic build.
  • SenorJon21SenorJon21 Posts: 68MI6 Agent
    edited November 2012
    On a side note, I would just like to commend Billy Reid for their amazing customer service. I put in an order for an XL originally, but after reading some posts in this thread wanted to switch to an L. I contacted Billy Reid customer service at 10:47 AM the morning of the 9th requesting the size change. Matt Green from Billy Reid responded at 10:50 AM stating that he would make the switch, no problem. I never got any official confirmation e-mail of a size change, so I admit I was doubtful at first that there was miscommunication somewhere and it even said extra-large on the shipment invoice, but alas I received my coat in a L today and couldn't be happier. Billy Reid definitely has the best customer service I've ever dealt with! Bravo to them.
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    RS, perfect fit....looking the part!
  • pwalsh9012pwalsh9012 UKPosts: 189MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    One last thing, its less about your height and more about your chest on these jackets...42 and up I would suggest a Large etc...regardless of height

I'd agree with that.

Chest size, and as this is a little tailored, the size of your midrift will affect the fit, not so much about your waistline. If your carrying a few extra pounds it'll feel snug in this area in which case you need to size up, which in my case was M to L. Also as this is a winter coat you'll want to cconsider the fit when wearing a sweater of some kind. The coat length and sleeve length for me works. However if your not carrying any extra weight or bulked up and correctly proportioned I'm guessing your normal size should be true.
  • TintinTintin Posts: 194MI6 Agent
    I got my Peacoat also today. Looks darker than I thought and feels like a bulletproof vest. I will test it tonight. :))
  • JamesBondGuyJamesBondGuy DenmarkPosts: 144MI6 Agent
    I'm looking for a small. If anyone wants to sell one, send me PM ;)
  • KaruraKarura Posts: 23MI6 Agent
    I am 5'10 and 155lb, slim athletic build, suit size 38R. Am I making a mistake by ordering a small? I have a feeling that it'll be too short, but then again medium seems a tad too big according to the measurements. Are the sizing numbers provided for us to measure ourselves or to tell us the size of the coat?

Medium or small for me?
    Order a medium. Remember you can always layer it with a jumper but your measurements are close to mine (I wear a size 38R) and I ordered a medium. See the pics above. -{
  • redsleighdownredsleighdown USAPosts: 450MI6 Agent
    Karura wrote:
    I am 5'10 and 155lb, slim athletic build, suit size 38R. Am I making a mistake by ordering a small? I have a feeling that it'll be too short, but then again medium seems a tad too big according to the measurements. Are the sizing numbers provided for us to measure ourselves or to tell us the size of the coat?

Medium or small for me?

I'm very close to your build and stats, and was surprised that the med was taught (not tight though) in the back.
    I hate to throw more flys in the ointment but it also depends on the fit you are going for...I have seen people with your measurement in their mediums and although it looks good it isn't as fitted as some may like. But opinions abound here...you wont be dissapointed with a medium if you wear your coats with some room.
  • 00-Shane00-Shane Posts: 124MI6 Agent
    That's why I ordered a small. Currently en route from the States. Let's hope I was right!
  • ATSATS Posts: 128MI6 Agent
    If anyone is selling a Medium or Large feel free to PM me.

Thank You
  • MoncktonMonckton LondonPosts: 11MI6 Agent
    Have all the original 150 now shipped or received delay notice?

Not had coat, shipping confirmation or notice of delay yet. Ordered on 30th September and card debited same day but heard nothing. Hopefully will receive tomorrow or starting to get a bit worried.
  • dr godr go Posts: 50MI6 Agent
    Monckton wrote:

Not had coat, shipping confirmation or notice of delay yet. Ordered on 30th September and card debited same day but heard nothing. Hopefully will receive tomorrow or starting to get a bit worried.

I emailed Graham Heard a few days ago and got a reply from Matt Green. Unfortunately, my M coat (shipping to Lon) will be delayed till Dec. I was very disappointed but BR have been very apologetic. I'd recommend contacting them if you want to find out but I'm pretty sure the initial medium coats have been delayed.
  • jared_nomakjared_nomak Posts: 1,943MI6 Agent
    Monckton wrote:

If you are in the uk the likelyhood is it will probably take anything from a week to two weeks to get to you, this is perfectly normal
    Ross
  • KaruraKarura Posts: 23MI6 Agent
    Thank you for the response everyone :)

I do want to have a taught slim fit, I guess there is no real way of knowing until it arrives.

I also have a medium on order (for my brother) so I will be able to see which one fits me better; hopefully the small, so I don't have to exchange it! -{
  • plecopleco Posts: 30MI6 Agent
    I emailed BR and got two different answers, one to order the small, one to order the medium. I have reasonably similar stats to redsleigh but probably narrower shoulders. I love the fit on Returningson but he may be broader than me. I prefer to wear jackets with a little room rather than skin tight which he has got just right.

I am just shy of 5’10” at 68kg (150lbs) with quite a slim build. My actual chest size measured from my body at the widest point of my chest is 37”.

I can wear a looser 36R or a slimmer 38R. Another leather jacket of mine has 18" shoulders so a little worried about the extra half inch on the medium. I know Americans have a habit of sizing up but it seems this thing runs relatively true to size. A chap on styleforum with a small BR coat from last season (different style) said to get a small as he was a true 38R and his small was just a bit too big on him so perfect for an in between 36-38 size.

If I pick my favourite blazer (altered 36R blazer) and measure it according to the methods here: http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/clothing/style-tips/how-to-measure-a-jacket

Pictures attached for each stage:
    I get Chest – 19.5” (slightly large on me actually)
    Waist – 18.2”
    Shoulder – 17.9” (a touch larger than I need but likely good for an overcoat) Length – (Bottom of collar seam downward) – 29.5”
    Sleeve – (From middle of collar) – 32.8”
    Sleeve – (From top of sleeve) – 24”

Currently I have a small backordered, but I would quite like the extra length on the medium, just worried about the shoulders really as they would be next to impossible to tailor. When I measure a jumper that fits well armpit to armpit I come out with 20".

Fit pic of the leather jacket - as you can see 18" leaves enough room to layer. This is a Ted Baker Size 3. Chest pit to pit is 20", waist 19.5.
    photo.jpg
    Blazer - needs bringing in at the chest a bit but again, similar at the shoulder.
    photo_copy.jpg
    photo_copy_2.jpg

Tried to be as detailed as I can, Returningson if you could measure your medium as per the ask andy guide (or just shoulder if you don't have time) I would be forever grateful. Paying to have this shipped to the UK so want to nail it the first time.
  • plecopleco Posts: 30MI6 Agent
    Actually, for that matter, if anyone could measure their medium or small Bond Peacoat as per the http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/clothing/style-tips/how-to-measure-a-jacket I would be very very grateful.
    edited November 2012
    I think you are a small, and don't worry about the length of the coat...the length difference between small and medium on the hem is slight...and the length is throwing some people off because these wear higher (if that makes sense) than most pea coats etc...the shoulders are all fitted and mine have actually broken in perfectly meaning softened not widened.

The small may feel fitted once you get it but Bond doesn't wear it baggy...problem is the medium is made for someone with a 40-41 chest...you are a 37...you may have too much room. Your height will make the coat look shorter at first but this is the style of the jacket...just my 2 cents....for example my medium fits me (you have seen the pics) and I am a 40/41 muscular build....with room! See pics.
    br4.jpg

br5.jpg
  • Kona007Kona007 Posts: 8MI6 Agent
    Will the leather accents on these coats affect our ability to have these dry cleaned? I have never had a leather item cleaned.
    Thank
    K007
  • GatsbyGatsby GermanyPosts: 44MI6 Agent
    The waiting makes me nervous about the sizing. If i measured correct i must be a 38" chest, but i´m not really sure. Ordered a medium because i think i´m right between Small and Medium with my 165 lbs on 5´11"

3-4 weeks waiting and doubting left ;)
  • jared_nomakjared_nomak Posts: 1,943MI6 Agent
    Gatsby wrote:
    The waiting makes me nervous about the sizing. If i measured correct i must be a 38" chest, but i´m not really sure. Ordered a medium because i think i´m right between Small and Medium with my 165 lbs on 5´11"

3-4 weeks waiting and doubting left ;)

I'm the same ordered a medium and a large and now starting to wonder if I should have got a small :(
    Ross
    I have seen those with a 38 chest be very happy with their mediums. I am sure it will be fine. I think each BR order should come with medicine to calm nerves... ;)
  • GatsbyGatsby GermanyPosts: 44MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    I have seen those with a 38 chest be very happy with their mediums. I am sure it will be fine. I think each BR order should come with medicine to calm nerves... ;)

That´s right ;)

I was confident in my Medium choice but the delay is giving me too much time to overthink :)

Can´t wait :)