The Billy Reid Peacoat is a GO!

Comments

• The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Just got off the phone with Graham...he is, as you can imagine, gutted by the delay in the coats but they are literally being cut as we were speaking. He also has read the boards of late and although he doesn't want to fan any flames he wants everyone to know that that are not a company out to squeeze pennies from people. In point of fact there are only ten people in their corporate office and it is very much a family run business. The Bond affiliation of this coat has been one of the biggest events to happen to them and they are very passionate about it and there heritage to it. Graham personally is very aligned to the people on this board and the statements posted have an emotional effect on him. I don't think that is said to appease anyone but just to illustrate that they understand all emotions and stances. I for one am very happy a corporation of any size has heard us and taken notice to turn these around. They are not Tom Ford, or Barbour, or Zara and for them to stop production of their line in Italy to make these coats was a big deal. I know I am jaded but just giving my two cents here. Regardless here is some information on the medium sized coat shortage order....

· We were shorted 46 size medium coats – as a direct result of a mistake on the part of our manufacturer in Italy

o This is very common when an order is placed mid-season and rushed thru in about half the time it would normally take to manufacture

· I have spoken with our agent in Italy and the missing mediums along with the 2nd round of coats are going in to production TODAY, literately as we speak..

· They will be cutting ALL of the mediums before cutting anything else – then larges (as that was the 2nd most commonly ordered size), then the rest

· The mediums and larges will ship EARLIER than the rest of the order

· That early shipment of mediums will most likely arrive at our facility during the first full week of December

· Once they arrive – they will ship ON THE VERY SAME DAY

o We will literately ship all of them out the day they arrive as we did the ones that arrived this past Friday

If anyone has any questions or concerns they can email Graham directly or customer service...I am also happy to help in any way I can. Truly.
  • jared_nomakjared_nomak Posts: 1,942MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    Just got off the phone with Graham...he is, as you can imagine, gutted by the delay in the coats but they are literally being cut as we were speaking. He also has read the boards of late and although he doesn't want to fan any flames he wants everyone to know that that are not a company out to squeeze pennies from people. In point of fact there are only ten people in their corporate office and it is very much a family run business. The Bond affiliation of this coat has been one of the biggest events to happen to them and they are very passionate about it and there heritage to it. Graham personally is very aligned to the people on this board and the statements posted have an emotional effect on him. I don't think that is said to appease anyone but just to illustrate that they understand all emotions and stances. I for one am very happy a corporation of any size has heard us and taken notice to turn these around. They are not Tom Ford, or Barbour, or Zara and for them to stop production of their line in Italy to make these coats was a big deal. I know I am jaded but just giving my two cents here. Regardless here is some information on the medium sized coat shortage order....

· We were shorted 46 size medium coats – as a direct result of a mistake on the part of our manufacturer in Italy

o This is very common when an order is placed mid-season and rushed thru in about half the time it would normally take to manufacture

· I have spoken with our agent in Italy and the missing mediums along with the 2nd round of coats are going in to production TODAY, literately as we speak..

· They will be cutting ALL of the mediums before cutting anything else – then larges (as that was the 2nd most commonly ordered size), then the rest

· That early shipment of mediums will most likely arrive at our facility during the first full week of December

o We will literately ship all of them out the day they arrive as we did the ones that arrived this past Friday

If anyone has any questions or concerns they can email Graham directly or customer service...I am also happy to help in any way I can. Truly.

Overall I'm happy Billy Reid listened and made more, I am really looking forward to getting mine, even if it is December, mistakes happen, yes it's not ideal there has been a delay but that's life!

I'm more gutted that I can't get hold of a small Levi's Jacket as don't know if they are going to listen to us or not!

Me I would much rather have the jacket late than not at all :)

Thanks you once again Graham, Mantis and everyone else who made this happen!!
  • massimomassimo Posts: 28MI6 Agent
    Hi to everybody,
    I am Massimo from Italy, I joined this forum (after being a regular follower for a while), and in this first post of mine I would like to thank Mantis for his efforts, but I totally agree with Minkglove, so I want to share my disappointment for this incredible news about shipping delays for the peacoat (my order was placed on 10/10/2012).
    Moreover, the most frustrating thing (in my opinion) is that yesterday Graham (replying to my second request of confirmation about shipping) "confirmed" that my jacket was shipped "last week".
    So, after reading about the problems in shipping on this wonderful forum, I requested today Graham a new confirmation one more time, but now the only "confirmation" received from him (ten minutes ago) is that I have to wait december to receive tha jacket that we all promptly have ordered and payed.
    I think that the seller must inform the client previously and exactly (expecially if there is a problem), and not waiting for him to beg a reply to receive conclusive report about his purchase.
    So, Mr Mantis, I hope you can help us to know the exact date of delivery so I can decide if I have to cancel my order.
    I am very disappointed with Billy Reid, and believe me, I never wanted to share my frustration in my first post..
    Thanks.
  • MinkGloveMinkGlove Posts: 10MI6 Agent
    Great - many thanks Mantis! This is very good to know. One month later, but still in time for the winter season. I'll stick to the order.

And thanks for all your efforts with this. Do you have a second job as well?

The Mantis wrote:

• rebentonrebenton Birmingham ALPosts: 276MI6 Agent
    I just received my Billy Reid coat in the mail not 20 mins ago. All I can say is that no one will be disappointed. I ordered a medium (I'm 5'8", 165 lbs, 39 inch chest, slightly top heavy) and it fits wonderfully save for the sleeves are about 1/2 inch too long. I know people have been put off by the fact that this coat wasn't as limited as it was originally planned to be, but after wearing it a few moments and looking over it in person, just be glad this one isn't going for $900-$1200.
  • richmenstoysrichmenstoys GermanyPosts: 1,482MI6 Agent
    hey guys, someone sells a peacoat in size small or medium?

-{ and thanks
    **everybody needs a hobby**
    https://www.instagram.com/wearitlikebond/
  • StefanStefan VirginiaPosts: 568MI6 Agent
    Just thought I would chime in, I get the frustrations of those on the board, but the reality is that even though you cannot please everybody all the time, Billy Reid is attempting to give it a good attempt by making more of this coat available to more fans, and that's the point I want to make. Do you turn away fans because they did not place an order when the first or second run came out for the coat? Who is to say what circumstance prevented them from ordering the coat in the first place? One needs to get his or her priorities straight, cause at the end of the day it's just a coat. If you had to take out second mortgage to buy one, and are annoyed now, you did have a choice not to do so, if you could not order at the time the first run was released, you have, chance now to do so. It's a win, win for both sides, Billy Reid makes some coin, and more fans out there get a chance to buy this coat. I do not think Billy Reid decided to lie to us with the notion the run of these coats were limited, but the demand and the potential to increase their brand awareness is to great to ignore. How many of us would say no to making more money, and in return, you make a few more people happy. In the end its pretty simple, "Did you buy this coat for your passion for all things Bond or for a limited run? I would think the former, if so enjoy it. If the latter, then there are other things out there that are way more limited than a jacket.
    " Not All Who Wander Are Lost "
  • dr godr go Posts: 50MI6 Agent
    Thanks for the update Mantis (and everyone else)
  • TintinTintin Posts: 194MI6 Agent
    edited November 2012
    The Mantis wrote:

The road to hell is paved with good intentions. 8-)
    MinkGlove wrote:
    I was among the first to order the peacoat and just got the message from BR that mine cannot be shipped either. Seems like the non-US customers (I am living in Germany) are regarded as less significant by BR.

After my request have Billy Reid confirmed the delivery of my Peacoat. It has probably nothing to do with nationality, because I'm living in Germany too. On the other hand it seems to be a confirmation from Billy Reid is not to be much worth at the moment, how Massimo suggest.

At the moment I only hope for all of us, that the quality is right. I mean:
    You can produce something excellent and to a good value for money, but then you need time.
    You can produce something quick and excellent, but then it will be more expensive.
    Or you can produce something to a good value for money and quick, but then it isn't going to be excellent.

And we all know that Italians are not really known for work quickly and neat under pressure. :)) Take cover.
  • 96mn1296mn12 Posts: 632MI6 Agent
    I'm actually more concerned with the fitting/return process. Their site mentioned it was a trim fit, which means they run small. (I've been to the Austin TX store, and tried some of their stuff, it does run small). However, I got my XXL and it was too big. Being 6'1" 210 lbs and using a 56 euro size suit (44R U.S.) I feel worried that the XL (which comes in today) will also be too big, in which case I'm SOL for the next 4 months while I get a large.
  • mav16mav16 Posts: 9MI6 Agent
    edited November 2012
    I placed an order for a small today. Just not sure about the sizing but I guess I can have it tailored when I receive it.
  • massimomassimo Posts: 28MI6 Agent
    Hello everybody,
    after my post, yesterday I received a mail from Graham, and the only hing I can say is that he is a very kind person and everyone at Billy Reid is very disappointed for the mistake.
    So, I would like to share with you also my opinion for Graham and for the company ...
    December it's not so far . And I will not cancel my order with people that have showed their interest and their true regret for this inconvenience.
    I tought that i had to share my decision with the forum.
  • GatsbyGatsby GermanyPosts: 44MI6 Agent
    It sounds like customers from europe didn't get any coats.

Nothing against Graham and his colleagues. The intentions and enthusiuasm regarding this thing might all be good and i really like them.

But i'm a little bit upset that i had to asked for the shipment and not got the information from them without writing them.
    If it weren't for the bond connection and the positive vibea i got from the mails with Graham, the responses from Mantis or the videopodcast, i would have canceled my order allready.

I really want this coat, i hope there won't be any quality issues due the rushing of the production.

What's BR's stance on the limitation thing?
  • MoncktonMonckton LondonPosts: 11MI6 Agent
    I've not heard anything from BR. Are all coats for European customers delayed?

I thought the issue was just with Medium. As I ordered a Large was hoping I would still get it this week.
  • GatsbyGatsby GermanyPosts: 44MI6 Agent
    There is no official statement regarding the delay of the coats for europe.
    I just had the impression that many of the posters here with a delayed coat are from europe.

Just to make that clear, the official statemant only mentions an ammount of medium coats delayed without a specific destination.
  • Kona007Kona007 Posts: 8MI6 Agent
    96mn12 wrote:
    I'm actually more concerned with the fitting/return process. Their site mentioned it was a trim fit, which means they run small. (I've been to the Austin TX store, and tried some of their stuff, it does run small). However, I got my XXL and it was too big. Being 6'1" 210 lbs and using a 56 euro size suit (44R U.S.) I feel worried that the XL (which comes in today) will also be too big, in which case I'm SOL for the next 4 months while I get a large.

I am your ht/wt and usually a 43L. I spoke w BR and they said a L should fit well albeit trim. I was concerned from reading here that I might need an XL. I am still a bit unsure how to proceed, but do have a L ordered.
    K007
  • The Bond VivantThe Bond Vivant SeendPosts: 1,331MI6 Agent
    I just received this today:

Hi,

Thanks for your recent order for the Bond Peacoat.

As you may be aware, there have been some issues with the first order of Bond Peacoats. Unfortunately, of the first 150 or so coats we ordered, we were shorted a little over 50 medium-sized coats and a few large-sized coats by the manufacturing facility. Thus, there are many early order customers who did not receive their coats. When working Hi,

As you may be aware, there have been some issues with the first order of Bond Peacoats. Unfortunately, of the first 150 or so coats we ordered, we were shorted a little over 50 medium-sized coats and a few large-sized coats by the manufacturing facility. Thus, there are many early order customers who did not receive their coats. When working with on the fly manufacturing, these issues do crop up from time to time. Typically, it would take us up to 4-5 months to produce a run of these coats. But trust me, we are as upset about the situation as you and other customers are, and we are working hard to make it right as quickly as possible.

Right now, we are estimating having your coat in early December. It is in rush production and shipment from Italy.

We apologize if you received tracking information in error as we assumed the correct amount of coats would arrive, and we would be able to ship in a timely manner. Please ignore that information if you receive this email.

Again, I would like to apologize to you. Please know that we are doing all we can to make this situation right and handle it in a timely fashion. If there’s anything I can do for you, please let me know. I want you to be satisfied with the outcome of this situation.

Matt Green

Gatsby wrote:
    I just had the impression that many of the posters here with a delayed coat are from europe.

Just to make that clear, the official statemant only mentions an ammount of medium coats delayed without a specific destination.
  • stripestripe Posts: 66MI6 Agent
    I'm still waiting for my Large to UK, I've not received anything saying there will be an extra delay, last time I emailed I was just told mid November.
    I just received this today:

Hi,

As you may be aware, there have been some issues with the first order of Bond Peacoats. Unfortunately, of the first 150 or so coats we ordered, we were shorted a little over 50 medium-sized coats and a few large-sized coats by the manufacturing facility. Thus, there are many early order customers who did not receive their coats. When working Hi,

As you may be aware, there have been some issues with the first order of Bond Peacoats. Unfortunately, of the first 150 or so coats we ordered, we were shorted a little over 50 medium-sized coats and a few large-sized coats by the manufacturing facility. Thus, there are many early order customers who did not receive their coats. When working with on the fly manufacturing, these issues do crop up from time to time. Typically, it would take us up to 4-5 months to produce a run of these coats. But trust me, we are as upset about the situation as you and other customers are, and we are working hard to make it right as quickly as possible.

Right now, we are estimating having your coat in early December. It is in rush production and shipment from Italy.

We apologize if you received tracking information in error as we assumed the correct amount of coats would arrive, and we would be able to ship in a timely manner. Please ignore that information if you receive this email.

Again, I would like to apologize to you. Please know that we are doing all we can to make this situation right and handle it in a timely fashion. If there’s anything I can do for you, please let me know. I want you to be satisfied with the outcome of this situation.

Matt Green

Gatsby wrote:

• txagibtxagib Posts: 5MI6 Agent
    I received my coat in size L today.

I am 6'0 tall and weigh 175 lbs - usually wear a size 40R suits with an athletic cut (35" shirt sleeves). The jacket fits well in the shoulders but seems to be large in the chest/stomach. The sleeve length is good but the sleeve openings seem to be cut unusually wide.

Anyone know if these things can be taken in by a tailor or should I return the jacket for a medium?
    A tailor can take it in...my first BR was an XL and he made it into a medium...the tailor I used is BRs go to tailor, Allen Tailoring in NYC...212-475-2454. Wide openings on all the sleeves, btw.
  • txagibtxagib Posts: 5MI6 Agent
    Thank you Mantis - both for the reply and for all of your great information on this thread!
    -{

Want to start seeing pics of these!
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    Mine wont arrive until early December now due to the screw up :(
  • Han JonesHan Jones Posts: 30MI6 Agent
    Got mine today size XL. I am 6'2 187 44L. Fits perfect.
  • Gordon009Gordon009 USAPosts: 37MI6 Agent
    image.jpg

Got my coat 15 minutes ago and while it fits great I was a little disappointed to see the right pocket stitching already coming apart. :( oh well I'll have my jacket stitched up and ready to go in no time! Thanks for all the sizing advice. It came in very handy!
    "Why should I need more time? Jobs done. The bitch is dead."
  • Kona007Kona007 Posts: 8MI6 Agent
    Han Jones wrote:
    Got mine today size XL. I am 6'2 187 44L. Fits perfect.

Can you elaborate on the fit? Perhaps with a pic? I have 20# on you and BR is recommending a L. I wonder if your fit is trim or a more standard American fit. Thanks.
    K007
  • Han JonesHan Jones Posts: 30MI6 Agent
    It fits me like it fits DC. I would not say it is roomy at all.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    Han Jones wrote:
    It fits me like it fits DC. I would not say it is roomy at all.

Whats the chest measurement on the XL pit to pit mate?
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • ReturningsonReturningson Posts: 560MI6 Agent
    Gordon009 wrote:
    image.jpg

Got my coat 15 minutes ago and while it fits great I was a little disappointed to see the right pocket stitching already coming apart. :( oh well I'll have my jacket stitched up and ready to go in no time! Thanks for all the sizing advice. It came in very handy!

say WHA??????
  • 96mn1296mn12 Posts: 632MI6 Agent
    These are from sat. BTW im 6'1", 210 lbs, use a 44R suit. I kept the XL and returned the XXL. Like the poster above, it fits perfect in the sleeves and shoulders. It is roomy in the lower part (around the gut) but the chest fits just slightly big.

I dont think I'll have it tailored since its probably taking off a couple of inches.

pc1.jpg

pc2.jpg

pc3.jpg

pc4.jpg

pc5.jpg