The Billy Reid Peacoat is a GO!

Comments

• geegee Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    The coats look fantastic! Thanks to those who posted pics and their experiences with the fit.

I too am also looking for a small, so if someone else has an extra for sale, let me know! Cheers!
  • pwalsh9012pwalsh9012 UKPosts: 189MI6 Agent
    Ok, I received my coat this morning in a Large and it fits like a glove. Heads up I'm 5'8" (177cm) 12 stone (168lb) (76.20kg) and 39" chest with a little meat around the midrift :# well I'm not 40 anymore. Glad I didn't go for a Medium, lesson learnt when I had to exchange my M Barbour for L.
  • jared_nomakjared_nomak Posts: 1,942MI6 Agent
    Mmm you are making me wonder I just pre ordered a small for January as was not sure if my medium and large would be correct, might have to cancel the small
    Ross
  • 96mn1296mn12 Posts: 632MI6 Agent
    pwalsh9012 wrote:
    a little meat around the midrift

LOL, and :# I can relate
  • pwalsh9012pwalsh9012 UKPosts: 189MI6 Agent
    96mn12 wrote:
    pwalsh9012 wrote:
    a little meat around the midrift

LOL, and :# I can relate
    :)) :))
  • shilton125shilton125 SCOTLANDPosts: 355MI6 Agent
    pwalsh9012 wrote:
    Ok, I received my coat this morning in a Large and it fits like a glove. Heads up I'm 5'8" (177cm) 12 stone (168lb) (76.20kg) and 39" chest with a little meat around the midrift :# well I'm not 40 anymore. Glad I didn't go for a Medium, lesson learnt when I had to exchange my M Barbour for L.

I was told by Graham to order a large I'm 6ft1 with 42 in chest
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    shilton125 wrote:
    pwalsh9012 wrote:

I would have said XL by your stats mate
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,334MI6 Agent
    I have the Barbour in medium (snug in the shoulders!) and was sweating bullets about Graham's suggestion to get a peacoat small. He really knows his product, though.
  • GatsbyGatsby GermanyPosts: 44MI6 Agent
    I'm 5'11" and 165 lbs.
    Ordered the Medium. Hope it fits.

My barbour is Medium, too. Was very very snug at the beginning but after a break in period it fits very well.
  • CedricCedric Posts: 94MI6 Agent
    I'm 173cm which equals to 5'7" or 5'8" i believe and 145lbs/64kg which makes it rather easy for me to choose. I am a Size Small in virtually everything.
  • StefanStefan VirginiaPosts: 568MI6 Agent
    Does the BR peacoat break in and get a little less stiff with time and wear?
    " Not All Who Wander Are Lost "
  • mattbistromattbistro Posts: 8MI6 Agent
    I wish ppl could post some pics so we could see how they fit
  • CedricCedric Posts: 94MI6 Agent
    most of the peacots haven't shipped yet. give it a couple days and pictures will start rolling in.
  • RiskbreakerRiskbreaker Posts: 7MI6 Agent
    If anyone has an XL that doesn't fit or they plan on selling it, sell it to me.
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    I have posted tons of fit pics...let me know if I need to repost...Ryan, an XL would be too big on you...you need a Large...gents, dont order these too big...supposed to be fitted...the shoulders relax somewhat through use.
    BTW, my coat is not as stiff now but I have been wearing almost every day.
    One last thing, its less about your height and more about your chest on these jackets...42 and up I would suggest a Large etc...regardless of height
  • Stevie53Stevie53 Posts: 39MI6 Agent
    Cedric wrote:
    I'm 173cm which equals to 5'7" or 5'8" i believe and 145lbs/64kg which makes it rather easy for me to choose. I am a Size Small in virtually everything.

I am similiar. I am 5-9" 146lbs 31 waist and 39.5/40 chest. I was advised to go for medium as the pit to pit on the small puts it at around 38? Is it gonna be OK on your chest numbers?
  • Kona007Kona007 Posts: 8MI6 Agent
    shilton125 wrote:
    pwalsh9012 wrote:

I was told the same at 6'1,200,43 jacket. It's confusing. As Mantis says they are a fitted look. I think Americans in general are used to baggy/loose/vanity sizing. I hope the Large will be ok.
    K007
  • txagibtxagib Posts: 5MI6 Agent
    Gents - as I mentioned in my earlier post. I'm 6'0 175 lbs 32" waist 40 R suit and my large is borderline too big. I am definitely going to have it tailored to achieve the proper look.

Don't order these too large. I think they fit pretty true to size. If I were ordering again, I'd get a medium. In fact, if anyone wants to trade a medium for a large let me know.
  • redsleighdownredsleighdown USAPosts: 450MI6 Agent
    Stevie53 wrote:
    Cedric wrote:

I am similiar. I am 5-9" 146lbs 31 waist and 39.5/40 chest. I was advised to go for medium as the pit to pit on the small puts it at around 38? Is it gonna be OK on your chest numbers?

Definitely the right choice.
  • double oh sevendouble oh seven Posts: 41MI6 Agent
    Hoangone wrote:
    Im 5'8
    Gatsby wrote:
    Hoangone wrote:
    Just got my size Small BR Peacoat today. Glad i went with a small. Thank you AJB :007)
    2012_11_13_19_36_10.jpg

Looks great.

How tall are you? Looks like a medium could be a little bit too big on me.
    pwalsh9012 wrote:

So confused
  • 7700777007 Posts: 502MI6 Agent
    The more I read the more the peacoat seems true to size since you want them to be somewhat fitted. So no upsizing because its not a totally slim cut coat. And no downsizing because they aren't baggy either.

Anyone agree?
    77007 wrote:
    The more I read the more the peacoat seems true to size since you want them to be somewhat fitted. So no upsizing because its not a totally slim cut coat. And no downsizing because they aren't baggy either.

Anyone agree?

Disagree - I think it depends entirely on build, shoulders etc some people will get away with staying to normal size but awful lot will need to up a size (bit like the Barbour)

I have upsized to a XXL, (im a 43" chest however very broad shoulders)

Also my arms are very very tight in this Peacoat (anybody else notice this???)

I think the answer is too simply experiment however that is not a good thing with a jacket not easily available to try
  • ReturningsonReturningson Posts: 560MI6 Agent
    will have my medium today. I will post some pics wearing it.
  • 7700777007 Posts: 502MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Disagree - I think it depends entirely on build, shoulders etc some people will get away with staying to normal size but awful lot will need to up a size (bit like the Barbour)

I think the answer is too simply experiment however that is not a good thing with a jacket not easily available to try
    I see your point, agreed.

Besides the tight biceps, are you happy with the XXL , and think the XL would be entirely too small for you?
  • DanimalDanimal Posts: 45MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    Danimal, I would have absolutely told you to get a large based on your size...

Sure, now you say that... ;)

96mn12 wrote:
    Danimal wrote:
    So got an XL according to earlier BR measurements posted here and it has way too much room in it.

Either I see about an exchange with BR or I see if a fellow Bonder wants to swap me for an L and move up to an XL. As they seem to be all snatched up at BR for now, this may be the quicker route...

What are your vitals? height, weight etc? I fit very well on my XL mostly because of broad shoulders and long arms

6' tall, 190ish... fit 42-44R depending on cut
    77007 wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:

I see your point, agreed.

Besides the tight biceps, are you happy with the XXL , and think the XL would be entirely too small for you?

Im happy but wish little bit looser on arms but nothing I can do!

Im tempted to try XL to see if waist area more fitted etc however might find the top area to restricted!!
  • SenorJon21SenorJon21 Posts: 68MI6 Agent
    SenorJon21 wrote:
    I'm 6'3, 200 lb with a 42 inch chest (42L) suit and a fairly athletic build. I ordered an XL originally but switched to an L the day these were being shipped. After reading Mr. Tits post about it being short, I'm feeling a bit nervous about getting it tomorrow...

I just received my coat. It fits like a glove! I would even say there is a little bit extra room in the chest. So glad I made the switch. I'll post pics later if you guys would like.
  • ReturningsonReturningson Posts: 560MI6 Agent
    The Name's Son. Returning Son :))

Got my pea coat today and LOVE it. The cut, styling, material all top quality. The fit is amazing. Once you slip this on, you really do feel like Bond (I think it channels more of a 1960s era Bond but thats me).

My stats for sizing is I wear a 38R suit with 32 R pants. im 5'10, slim athletic athletic build. Peacoat fits perfect but be careful of what you read because it DOES FIT SLIM.

And for those wondering, the gloves are Dents Silk Lined (5-9000) not Skyfall accurate but an amazing pair of gloves that look the part. The trousers are actually a VERY old pair of H&M that I found in my closet. (These were bought years ago during my high school graduation days). Shirt is Boss Black. Tie is a Ralph Lauren Black Label.

DSC06666.jpg

DSC06665.jpg

DSC06667.jpg

DSC06668.jpg

this is literally 5 minutes fresh out of the box
    DSC06669.jpg