The Billy Reid Peacoat is a GO!

Comments

• 96mn1296mn12 Posts: 632MI6 Agent
    Gordon009 wrote:
    image.jpg

Got my coat 15 minutes ago and while it fits great I was a little disappointed to see the right pocket stitching already coming apart. :( oh well I'll have my jacket stitched up and ready to go in no time! Thanks for all the sizing advice. It came in very handy!

Get it exchanged
  • Han JonesHan Jones Posts: 30MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Han Jones wrote:
    It fits me like it fits DC. I would not say it is roomy at all.

Whats the chest measurement on the XL pit to pit mate?
    The XL is 22 pit to pit. I have never had a wool coat. Should I expect it to loosen up and "break in" like leather?
    Han Jones wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Han Jones wrote:
    It fits me like it fits DC. I would not say it is roomy at all.

Whats the chest measurement on the XL pit to pit mate?
    The XL is 22 pit to pit. I have never had a wool coat. Should I expect it to loosen up and "break in" like leather?

Nope, high quality wool like this one wont stretch, it can shrink if it gets soaked (hence lowered dry clean).
  • NouniardNouniard U.S.Posts: 59MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    A tailor can take it in...my first BR was an XL and he made it into a medium...the tailor I used is BRs go to tailor, Allen Tailoring in NYC...212-475-2454. Wide openings on all the sleeves, btw.
    Weren't the shoulders a lot wider on the XL? Did he manage to slim those down too? I'm planning on getting the H&M alternative but I am curious as to how he slimmed the shoulders, assuming they were wider than a size M.
  • HoangoneHoangone Posts: 7MI6 Agent
    Just got my size Small BR Peacoat today. Glad i went with a small. Thank you AJB :007)
    2012_11_13_19_36_10.jpg
  • GatsbyGatsby GermanyPosts: 44MI6 Agent
    Hoangone wrote:
    Just got my size Small BR Peacoat today. Glad i went with a small. Thank you AJB :007)
    2012_11_13_19_36_10.jpg

Looks great.

How tall are you? Looks like a medium could be a little bit too big on me.
  • HoangoneHoangone Posts: 7MI6 Agent
    Im 5'8
    Gatsby wrote:
    Hoangone wrote:
    2012_11_13_19_36_10.jpg

Looks great.

• chartfieldchartfield Posts: 10MI6 Agent
    Hoangone wrote:
    Im 5'8
    Gatsby wrote:
    Hoangone wrote:
    2012_11_13_19_36_10.jpg

Looks great.

I have a med on order,Please could you let me know your shoulder width, arm length, chest size and waist? Cheers mate.
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,334MI6 Agent
    My small arrived just now and it's a damn near perfect fit. Might have to shorten the sleeves maybe an inch and a half but I'll break the coat in first and see what happens.

A very sincere, huge thanks to David and to Graham for making this item happen, and for answering all my anxious questions about size. Couldn't be happier.
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    -{ -{ -{ -{ -{
  • DanimalDanimal Posts: 45MI6 Agent
    So got an XL according to earlier BR measurements posted here and it has way too much room in it.

Either I see about an exchange with BR or I see if a fellow Bonder wants to swap me for an L and move up to an XL. As they seem to be all snatched up at BR for now, this may be the quicker route...
    Danimal wrote:
    So got an XL according to earlier BR measurements posted here and it has way too much room in it.

Either I see about an exchange with BR or I see if a fellow Bonder wants to swap me for an L and move up to an XL. As they seem to be all snatched up at BR for now, this may be the quicker route...

What are your vitals? height, weight etc? I fit very well on my XL mostly because of broad shoulders and long arms
    Danimal, I would have absolutely told you to get a large based on your size...
  • mattbistromattbistro Posts: 8MI6 Agent
    I'm actually on the fence between an L and XL. Can you guys help me out?
    mattbistro wrote:
    I'm actually on the fence between an L and XL. Can you guys help me out?

get both, wear them and return one. I ended up doing that.
    I know Mantis you've recommended I go with a L but I'm just hesitant. Some ppl say it fits big and some ppl say they are glad they went a size bigger. I really wanna order it just don't know what size.
    96mn12 what sizes did you get? And which one did you return?
    mattbistro wrote:
    96mn12 what sizes did you get? And which one did you return?

XL and XXL. The XL fits very well in the shoulder and arms, the chest has a little room which is fine, but the bottom (waist) does have a alot of play.

I kept the XL
  • TitsTits Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    What's up bOnders,
    I have been lurking this thread since page 2. Im also a big fan of Bond and this forum. So.. I've just received my peacoat, and let me say this coat is 100% gangsta!! It feels and looks beyond amazing. No wonder why Daniel Craig is a fan of it. It has a wonderful wool smell to it. Looks very sharp. And is perfection in every way. Truly. I was really surprised and stunned when I received it.
    Now for the bad news:
    I'm 6'3, I weigh at 190 pounds. Ive ordered the large, it came to be about an inch short on me. I would exchange the coat for a XL(If your 5'10-6'1 a large should be good IMHO). But just recently a family emergency has acured and I need some extra cash to take care of things. So I will be returning my coat. And I'll most likely purchase it again in January form the BR store.
    The point here is, if anyone is interested in my coat I can ship you my large anywhere, with next day shipping for $820.
    I'm truly disappointed I have to return this beauty but there's no way around it for me at the moment.
    PM me if your imterested I can provide plenty of pics of the coat.

Thanks,
    Mr. Tits -{
  • redsleighdownredsleighdown USAPosts: 450MI6 Agent
    Today is a good day.

169955_4164459715410_2016804457_o.jpg
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,670Chief of Staff
    Today is a good day.

Lucky you -{

Gotta say I envy all you guys that have got one of these coats... ;%
    YNWA 97
  • jared_nomakjared_nomak Posts: 1,942MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Today is a good day.

Lucky you -{

Gotta say I envy all you guys that have got one of these coats... ;%

So excited about getting mine
    Ross
  • Han JonesHan Jones Posts: 30MI6 Agent
    I also have alot of space in the waist area. I am 6'2 187 44L. I find the arm holes are really small, almost to the point that it feels tight in the chest but an XXL would be to big I think.
  • SenorJon21SenorJon21 Posts: 68MI6 Agent
    I'm 6'3, 200 lb with a 42 inch chest (42L) suit and a fairly athletic build. I ordered an XL originally but switched to an L the day these were being shipped. After reading Mr. Tits post about it being short, I'm feeling a bit nervous about getting it tomorrow...
    Hey Han Jones...would you be willing to post some pics. I would really like to see how the XL fits to help me decide what size I should get. thanks
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    SenorJon21 wrote:
    I'm 6'3, 200 lb with a 42 inch chest (42L) suit and a fairly athletic build. I ordered an XL originally but switched to an L the day these were being shipped. After reading Mr. Tits post about it being short, I'm feeling a bit nervous about getting it tomorrow...

Got a feeling you will need XL however anything seems to go with these, please let me know how it turns out
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • ChrisbkremeChrisbkreme United StatesPosts: 54MI6 Agent
    If anyone ordered two sizes, or the wrong size, and wants to return a small, I will buy one in a small :). Thanks! (redsleighdown ;) )
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    Anybody who has bought a few sizes to experiment and has a XL spare I wouldn't mind buying it therefore drop me a PM!
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    I think Redsleigh may have a small extra now?

By the way, what do people mean by an inch short...these are supposed to run shorter than traditional pea coats...like butt showing short....
    imageooiho.jpg
  • ChrisbkremeChrisbkreme United StatesPosts: 54MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    I think Redsleigh may have a small extra now?

By the way, what do people mean by an inch short...these are supposed to run shorter than traditional pea coats...like butt showing short....
    imageooiho.jpg
    I'd love to buy the small :)