Tom Ford Skyfall Ties

The Bond VivantThe Bond Vivant SeendPosts: 1,326MI6 Agent
I was in Selfridges here in London this morning to pick up my Lodge Barbour, finally tracked down in Medium (thanks for the heads-up, Thomo), and I popped in to the Tom Ford concession, and got chatting to the Assistant Manager, and she pulled out 2 of the ties for Skyfall! She didn't have the PTS Silver one, but here are some photos of the Blue Tie where Bond meets Q/MI6, and a 2nd one, which is presumably from the Manor/DB5 section. How do we know these are the correct Bond ties? Well, Tom Ford has very kindly labelled them for us on the price tag. I also photographed the Skyfall bow tie, again labelled as the James Bond one on the price tag.

file-1.jpgfile-2.jpg

file.jpgfile-3.jpg

file-7.jpgfile-4.jpg

Just in case the images are not clear enough for the product codes for you, here they are for you:

James Bond Silk Bow Tie, Black TF 160 4T7 A
James Bond Silk Monochrome Tie (Dark Grey) TF 137 1TM G
James Bond Silk Monochrome tie (Navy) TF 123 1TM G

One other point is that the ties are narrower than usual, apparently. The widest point, at the bottom of the ties, is 8.5cm, or just under 3 1/2"

Hope this helps, and sorry that the photos are not exceptionally clear, but I had to use the flash.

Comments

• richmenstoysrichmenstoys GermanyPosts: 1,482MI6 Agent
    cool, thanks for sharing mate! do you have bought anything?
    **everybody needs a hobby**
    https://www.instagram.com/wearitlikebond/
  • MrEddy21MrEddy21 LondonPosts: 416MI6 Agent
    How much was the bow tie?
  • redsleighdownredsleighdown USAPosts: 450MI6 Agent
    edited September 2012
    Any more in stock?
  • AngusrRossAngusrRoss ScotlandPosts: 121MI6 Agent
    The bow tie looks nothing like the one he wears in Skyfall, from the trailer and other shots it looks much slimmer almost like a batwing bow tie.

The grey looks like a different pattern as well.
    skyfall_daniel_craig_pistol2.jpg
    See, the close up shot shows it to be small squares, almost like a check pattern.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    Why do I get the feeling these will be sold out by the time I get to London in late Oct! X-(
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    As far as I can see, these don't look like the ties Craig wears in skyfall.
    Hmm the blue tie has three colors on the Skyfall pic of DC that I have
  • DBSDBS Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,015MI6 Agent

Agreed. Those don't match any ties I've seen from the images so far. Very odd. Perhaps several were selected by the Costume Designer, but ultimately, only 3 were chosen, plus 1 bow tie. TF may have already assigned style numbers based on the variety of ties they supplied to the production, not based upon what actually appears in the film.

Kind regards,
    Craig
  • The Bond VivantThe Bond Vivant SeendPosts: 1,326MI6 Agent
    Hey guys, don't shoot the messenger!

There are 3 main possibilities - Either there has been a clerical error, Tom is taking us folks for a ride (unlikely), or, gasp, they feature in as yet unseen scenes...
    I think you could be right, Craig. But it seems a bit sloppy of TF to release them before some sort of clarification.
    DBS wrote:

Agreed. Those don't match any ties I've seen from the images so far. Very odd. Perhaps several were selected by the Costume Designer, but ultimately, only 3 were chosen, plus 1 bow tie. TF may have already assigned style numbers based on the variety of ties they supplied to the production, not based upon what actually appears in the film.

Kind regards,
    Craig
    Well remember the QoS Sunglasses - 4 (or was it 5 diff models)

Was TF cashing in here or was it a case of all the models were sent to EON for them to choose from etc and the blue lens were preferred?

Anyhow its still cool news as I guess the ones we have seen on film must be close to release
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent

Not that we've seen so far. Maybe he wears more suits than we've seen from the trailer and spy shots? Take DAF for example: 8 suits, 3 dinner jackets and 3 sports coat. For Skyfall we know of 3 suits and 1 dinner jacket, and there could be more.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    The Assistant Manager did say that they didn't have all the ties, so I may contact TF in Harrods tomorrow to see what they have.
  • richi717richi717 Posts: 124MI6 Agent
    TF NY said the Skyfall ties won't be out till spring/summer 2013.
  • HoldenHolden UKPosts: 664MI6 Agent
    TF in Harrods said they only had 2, possibly the same 2 as in Selfridges.
    edited September 2012
    I just spoke with my contact at TF. First of all, TF is not authorized to use the James Bond name in association with marketing their products, so Selfridges should not be using it either. In fact, Selfridges may get in trouble for doing so. TF can verbally acknowledge that an item is in the film, but not display it on the tag, etc. So TF is not going to be releasing any items labeled as being in the film. It's going to be the same as what we saw with "QoS."

Based upon my research and conversations with TF so far, I am under the impression that one of more of the ties featured in the film are from a previous season, possibly last year. The 3 ties that Meesta Bawnd posted above are from the 2012 season, but as we've collectively said above, no one has seen them in any "Skyfall" images, yet.

One final note, the bow tie above is NOT the correct tie from the film. I did get to see the correct one in person (didn't get the style number though - but it retails for $245), and it is much thinner, as is seen in the latest "Skyfall" photos from Empire Magazine.

Kind regards,
    Craig
  • jonny-dhjonny-dh Posts: 257MI6 Agent
    Well I went to a Tom Ford Boutique today, and I found the blue tie that Meesta Bawnd posted, but I guess that's ruled out now. I also found a tie which I believe is the same pattern as the PTS silver tie. Tell me what you think.
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/571/20120606danielcraiginsk.jpg/
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/37/img0891ik.jpg/
  • richi717richi717 Posts: 124MI6 Agent
    edited September 2012
    It Looks a lot like it.
    jonny-dh wrote:

Looks like they sewed Bond's tie to his shirt to keep it from flapping on the motorcycle..
  • jonny-dhjonny-dh Posts: 257MI6 Agent
    jonny-dh wrote:

Looks like they sewed Bond's tie to his shirt to keep it from flapping on the motorcycle..

Very interesting. I first thought that it was just a loose thread, but I think you're right.
    DBS wrote:
    TF can verbally acknowledge that an item is in the film, but not display it on the tag, etc. So TF is not going to be releasing any items labeled as being in the film. It's going to be the same as what we saw with "QoS."

The QoS sunglasses had 007 James Bond plastered all over the packaging, cloth, tags and sunglasses lens. Strange
    welshboy78 wrote:
    DBS wrote:
    TF can verbally acknowledge that an item is in the film, but not display it on the tag, etc. So TF is not going to be releasing any items labeled as being in the film. It's going to be the same as what we saw with "QoS."

The QoS sunglasses had 007 James Bond plastered all over the packaging, cloth, tags and sunglasses lens. Strange

Very true. Though, that might have had more to do with Marcolin, the sunglasses manufacturer, rather than TF. But none of the clothes, ties, or scarf were tagged 007.

Kind regards,
    Craig
  • StefanStefan VirginiaPosts: 568MI6 Agent
    Either way those ties look nice!
    " Not All Who Wander Are Lost "
    Welshie, can you email me the photo of the blue tie with 3 colours, please? On a bit of a mission...
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Hmm the blue tie has three colors on the Skyfall pic of DC that I have
    Email sent Meesta!
    ...can just you post it?
    It's just one of the high res pics released, you can zoom in and get a good idea of the pattern and colours

Hang on I will try and find it on the other thread
    Given that the bow tie posted at the top of this thread was quickly ruled out as the tie DC wears in "Skyfall," I simply do not trust how Selfridges has labeled their ties with "James Bond" on the tags. While the TF style numbers are correct and do match to the Fall 2012 line of ties, the inclusion of "James Bond" simply does not add up. At this point, I have to say "caveat emptor" as none of these ties match to any images we've seen so far. At $240 a pop, it's a pricey gamble to take in the hopes these will surface as screen-accurate.

My best guess is that the Buyer at Selfridges was shown the latest TF collection, and it may have been mentioned that many of the pieces were being worn by Bond in the upcoming film, and the Buyer ran with that notion, not clear that only select pieces were actually picked out.

Kind regards,
    Craig
    The only interesting thing is that the same 2 ties are labeled Bond at Selfridges and Harrods...