Tom Ford Skyfall Ties

Comments

• Kaleema007Kaleema007 Posts: 322MI6 Agent
    So Judging by the pix, magnoli's versions seems to be more grey than Navy from Tom Ford's. Will have to see how Magnoli's fairs with a pale blue dress shirt.
    Shocking...
  • RYH666RYH666 UKPosts: 105MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Kaleema007 wrote:
    It still gives off that charcoal look which I like. I got a nice grey 2-button suit with a blue pinstripe patter that this Skyfall tie would match perfectly. I'll have to buy it in beginning of 2013 as I'm spent already on bond items lol.discipline 007...discipline. :D

Have we got the right tie lol

I thought this was supposed to be the MI6 after training tie / meet Q, not the tie he wears running thru London

BlueSkyfallTie.jpg

For the guys who have the tie is it just dark blue and black or is it blue black and grey? Hard to tel if its just lighting from cameras etc.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    RYH666 wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Kaleema007 wrote:
    It still gives off that charcoal look which I like. I got a nice grey 2-button suit with a blue pinstripe patter that this Skyfall tie would match perfectly. I'll have to buy it in beginning of 2013 as I'm spent already on bond items lol.discipline 007...discipline. :D

Have we got the right tie lol

I thought this was supposed to be the MI6 after training tie / meet Q, not the tie he wears running thru London

BlueSkyfallTie.jpg

For the guys who have the tie is it just dark blue and black or is it blue black and grey? Hard to tel if its just lighting from cameras etc.

I think it's 3 shades of blue, however the lightest colour seems darker in real life, looks like the pic at certain angle and light.

I will check how and upload a pic :)
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    Here is my tie.

Its strange because the third colour seems to appear at angles. Looking at it straight and close it looks like only two colours.

The first photo is a general close up at an angle showing the three colours of blue

The second photo at the top shows it blend into two colours.

Its bizarre, hard to say wether its 2 or 3 colours - its a typical wierd Tom Ford tie which deceives your eyes.

07C10954-AC3C-4356-B276-32480896D7C4-2920-000002F2C96D08F6.jpg
    3176C9E4-B9B9-42A1-8FEE-C752AA818DBD-2920-000002F2E9A48B1D.jpg
  • Kaleema007Kaleema007 Posts: 322MI6 Agent
    @ Welshboy Fancy that :o ... thats a fantastic tie
    Shocking...
  • cyclones122cyclones122 Posts: 192MI6 Agent
    Kaleema007 wrote:
    @ Welshboy Fancy that :o ... thats a fantastic tie

Yeah, the pictures don't do it justice. I was fortunate enough to get one from the auction too, and it is a beautiful tie. Probably has become my favorite piece in my Bond collection.
  • asd007asd007 Posts: 220MI6 Agent
    Im confused. I thought Tom Ford ties from Skyfall were not available yet.
  • cyclones122cyclones122 Posts: 192MI6 Agent
    asd007 wrote:
    Im confused. I thought Tom Ford ties from Skyfall were not available yet.

There was an ebay auction that had the correct pattern of that tie, but it wasn't SA because it was the standard width. To my knowledge, the SA versions are not available at this point. I actually took mine to my tailor and had it made into a narrower tie. I'm a bigger built guy, so I don't really care for 4" wide ties (which this one was) and 3" is too skinny for me, so I went 3.25". It turned out great! Anyone else do that with theirs?
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    edited December 2012
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Here is my tie.

Its strange because the third colour seems to appear at angles. Looking at it straight and close it looks like only two colours.

The first photo is a general close up at an angle showing the three colours of blue

The second photo at the top shows it blend into two colours.

Its bizarre, hard to say wether its 2 or 3 colours - its a typical wierd Tom Ford tie which deceives your eyes.

07C10954-AC3C-4356-B276-32480896D7C4-2920-000002F2C96D08F6.jpg
    3176C9E4-B9B9-42A1-8FEE-C752AA818DBD-2920-000002F2E9A48B1D.jpg

So the colours are three shades of blue? It looks like mid blue with alternating rows of black (or dark grey.navy?) and light grey. Even at the top of the second picture I can see three distinct colours.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • jared_nomakjared_nomak Posts: 1,942MI6 Agent
    I seriously hope the Skyfall ties are made avalible
    Ross
  • SiddersSidders London Posts: 98MI6 Agent
    I seriously hope the Skyfall ties are made avalible
    Ross

So do I. The PTS tie is my number one target!

Mark
  • rebentonrebenton Birmingham ALPosts: 276MI6 Agent
    They're all my target, but the grey/black/blue especially
  • redsleighdownredsleighdown USAPosts: 450MI6 Agent
    Anyone crazy enough to alter the regular width tie to make it accurate?
    I actually took mine to my tailor and had it made into a narrower tie. I'm a bigger built guy, so I don't really care for 4" wide ties (which this one was) and 3" is too skinny for me, so I went 3.25". It turned out great! Anyone else do that with theirs?

It was only a matter of time ;) I've definitely been tempted to do this too. Thanks for reporting.

Now if there was only a way to widen my skinny QoS ties :P
    Whats th
    Anyone crazy enough to alter the regular width tie to make it accurate?
    I actually took mine to my tailor and had it made into a narrower tie. I'm a bigger built guy, so I don't really care for 4" wide ties (which this one was) and 3" is too skinny for me, so I went 3.25". It turned out great! Anyone else do that with theirs?

It was only a matter of time ;) I've definitely been tempted to do this too. Thanks for reporting.

Now if there was only a way to widen my skinny QoS ties :P

Whats the width of your QoS skinny ties?
  • RYH666RYH666 UKPosts: 105MI6 Agent
    Love this tie! if anyone wants to sell would be happy to buy :)
  • 96mn1296mn12 Posts: 632MI6 Agent
    Do we have product codes for these ties? Looking to start hunting them down
    96mn12 wrote:
    Do we have product codes for these ties? Looking to start hunting them down

Skyfall ties are not out to buy yet as far as I know hence no codes available.

Anybody contacted Tom Ford in 2013 about the ties??
    So if the ties are not out, where are all these in this thread coming from? I though some of them were the official screen accurate ones?

:s
    96mn12 wrote:
    So if the ties are not out, where are all these in this thread coming from? I though some of them were the official screen accurate ones?

:s

Nope only the blue tie is here and its not the real one. The SA one is skinny and the one pictured here that a few of us got from eBay is regular width. We are also not 100% sure its the right colour, it looks pretty much it but hard to say
    Posting this here since its tie related.

Is this the same nutcase that wants 1800 for the non-confirmed 1/10 kazan tie?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Tom-Ford-JAMES-BOND-tie-Quantum-of-Solace-Daniel-Craig-007-Skyfall-actor-/261151911563?pt=US_Mens_Ties&hash=item3ccdddee8b
    If that is the real Bolivia one then that price is prob as good as it will ever get (hard to say with this tie as a few similar but lighter shades)
    Still, 600 for a tie, is ludicrous, goes back to the ebay thread on the AJB'er that got ripped off out of the zara "death" shirt.
    Yup however like it or not thats the minimum market price for the QoS ones, they are rare and everybody wants them.

Grab the Skyfall ones straight away (if they ever get released)
    Hence me asking for the part numbers, already calling TF stores but its kind of hard to say "looking for a silk weave blue with black squares"

:#
    96mn12 wrote:
    Hence me asking for the part numbers, already calling TF stores but its kind of hard to say "looking for a silk weave blue with black squares"

:#

QoS numbers are on the QoS Tie thread you posted on earlier (pics of the ties with part numbers)

Skyfall ties unknown because nobody owns them / not produced for public

QoS ties unlikely to be found as discontinued after the film hence eBay or here your best bet
    Yeah I gave up on the QoS ties (the best looking ones IMO). Hunting for the SF as is everyone here
    Best bet is try and get more info from Tom Ford store reps
    I have a few issues with that

1) dont have any contacts at TF
    2) the reps i have been talking to ask for the style number, which is what I need to get and
    3) need to get the style numbers, see 2, above.

Sigh...
    Well there is no style number - you have to ask for info about the release of the Skyfall ties, they should be aware they are not out.
  • othertravelothertravel Posts: 437MI6 Agent
    I have the style #; will shoot you a pm.